Author Topic: Pokemon Gijinka 2012!  (Read 77470 times)

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »
So, as well as going as Silver I also chose to cosplay a Ampharos gijinka cosplay. And what is this 'Real-life gijinka battles, thing? I'd be interested.

Oh, and here's the link to the design I'm using for my gijinka costume: http://yiffdesu.deviantart.com/#/d50vyev
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pokemon Gijinka 2012!
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2012, 09:54:34 am »
Since I didn't do it for Wonder Northwest I'm doing it for K-con this year.
I'm being Missingno!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2012, 04:36:08 pm »
can you add me as a trainer?
I will be Ingo from Pokemon B/W he is the subway boss. WEll, one of them.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:58 pm »
Updated :D

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »
I have revamped my Jirachi cosplay (it now resembles a high society gala outfit), and I also sewed up a Maid!Dragonite cosplay. 
Jirachi will go to the Kumoricon ball, and Dragonite will oversee the gijinka battles (forum thread: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16396.0

^I know that's advertising my own event, but hey, I'm almost shameless.  (there are a few places I wouldn't streak in)
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »
Sweet. Blue should be finished by end of June:)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2012, 12:08:04 am »
So it looks like Ghetsis has a new outfit in BW2 (and possibly a cane!). Should I just redo from last year or should I go with the new one? Or do both on different days?

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »
So it looks like Ghetsis has a new outfit in BW2 (and possibly a cane!). Should I just redo from last year or should I go with the new one? Or do both on different days?

I say the old one. because BW has not come out yet and not every one may be used to him in this out fit.

>.> Can Ingo (the cosplay I am doing) battle you?

good luck! I cant wait to see it!
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2012, 01:52:05 am »
It'll be out in Japan this month, although I don't know if there will be new Sugimori art (probably but you never know).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:03 am »
Aah yeah, I've seen his new outfit and there's no way I'm doing both. It's way too different from his old one.

Although does anyone have any thoughts on getting the prongs on his hair to stay up? I've only worn this at two cons now and the wig refuses to hold its shape, and falls apart after a day.

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2012, 04:44:07 pm »
Alright. So I'm officially going to Kumoricon (just pre-registered). I'm definitely going to be bring Pearl.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2015!
Kano Shuuya - Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors (100%)
Castiel - Supernatural (100%)
Ruby - RWBY (0%)
Gold (with goggles) - Pokemon Adevntures/Special (100%)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2012, 01:43:18 am »
Haha, specifically from Special, with the Chatot and everything?

Say, are any of you getting ideas from Conquest? I expect to see quite a few of those designs running around the con.

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2012, 10:39:38 am »
I might buy myself a Chatot, but yep, differently going to be from Special. If my boyfriend can make it (as Dia), we're gonna be making jokes more or less all day. We do it normally too! xD

I'm sure there's gonna be a few Conquest peeps running around. Sadly I don't have the game, so I don't think I'll be able to recognize them if they're just running round the con.
Ruby - RWBY (0%)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2012, 12:15:16 am »
Aah but will you hit him for saying stupid things? Of course it's part of the act but I would imagine con security would frown on it anyway.

I would love to cosplay from Conquest but I don't have the costuming skills.

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2012, 11:00:48 am »
I wouldn't hit him THAT hard.... Maybe just a small slap on the shoulder, just so I don't get in trouble with security.

Maybe you could ask a commissioner to make one?
Ruby - RWBY (0%)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2012, 11:17:56 am »
Slowly getting around to finishing my leafeon, Just bought brown ankle boots and fingerless gloves for the paw parts, and light tan shorts, so I'm just missing the top, ears,tail and the bleaching and dyeing of my hair.

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2012, 08:56:46 pm »
Instead of Esepon i will be going as blitzle for black and white pokemon. I have the basic outfit done i just need to make the stripes and sew them on, make the ears and make the head piece and tail.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:20 pm »
I am super excited for K-con this year. I can't wait for it to come.  ;D ;D
Smile!!! : )

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »
So after thinking about it and looking at what I had i will be for sure going as Absol instead of Espeon or Bliztle. I think Absol is more of a recognizable pokemon.

Offline hyperkineticenergy

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2012, 05:46:21 pm »
I've finally finished umbreon!!I would post a pic but I dunno how to....
Kcon2012:Umbreon, Romano, Shizuo, and Izaya

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:33 am »
I'll be ordering Blue's dress in the next week or so, once I get my paycheck (:
and her wig with it.

Offline JRock

• Cabbit
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:25 pm »
I figured I'd jump in on this conversation...

I'm bringing Lightning Pikachu again this year. I'm hoping to get new parts for it next month, and I'll probably end up jumping between the Final Fantasy photo shoot and the Pokemon one depending on the times.

Also, my brother is cosplaying as Red for sure all weekend. I'm sure I can convince him to come to the photo shoot with me. He'll probably end up throwing his pokeball at my head the entire time, though.
KUMORICON 2k14
Thu - not going
Fri - Bro (Homestuck) if im not working
Sat - Asahi (Haikyuu!!)
Sun - GT!Karkat (Homestuck)
Mon - Eren (SNK)
Dances - Rin (Free!)

Offline Roah

• Cabbit
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2012, 09:25:53 pm »
I might bring my Drifloon gijinka again this year if I don't get another costume finished in time.
Did you know balloons come from the sky? That's why they're always trying to get back.

Offline taka9tori

• Oni
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:17 am »
I just wanted to put this here, just in case.
I am going to try hard to get pictures with any and all pokemon at con. I am going as a pokemon themed pinup girl for at least the first day. It's kind of a time consuming costume though, and I have 2 others to cycle through, so I don't know if I will be in it the other 2 days. I will be most obvious through my pokeball brassiere and polka-dot skirt, so if you happen to notice me, pretty please come say hi so I can snag your picture!
kumoricon 2012 cosplays: pokemon pin up girl, madotsuki from yume nikki, and jake english from homestuck

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:31 pm »
I got Ghetsis's cape mostly done! I just have to finish some of where the sewing machine missed--

Which means that I finally learned how to use the sewing machine! Now there's just the wig to cement into place and the mantle to repair!

Man, there's a costume I want to do but there's insufficient art of it. I want to do the Ponigiri seller/Naka from Pokemon Conquest, but we only ever see her upper body from the front. No lower body, no back views.

Offline kayrarara

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:06 pm »
I made a Rattata plushy today, so I might consider being Youngster Joey. :)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2012, 09:33:50 am »
Well, normally when you can't see the rest of their outfit (like with the magikarp seller or something) you can just assume that the pants and shoes would match that of those type of sellers in japan. He probably wears like cut off shorts and sandles lol

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2012, 02:09:04 am »
Except that her outfit is a lot more ornate than the Magikarp man, and I don't really have anything else to compare it to.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2012, 07:54:43 am »
I ordered blues wig :)

I just have the dress to worry about now.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2012, 09:18:13 pm »

Leafeons ears are almost done. And unfortunately Our eeveelution group will no longer have a flareon.

and just finishing up sewing on leafeon's Poncho.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:26 am »
still haven't been able to get my hands on the dress Dx

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2012, 08:41:13 am »
I may be posting a lot more these next few weeks since I'm cramming in all the sewing I need to get done. So heres a preview of my leafeon. I probably wont have a tail just for the fact of time and lack of skill. But the poncho I have for it is lying on my bed as you can see. ^^ My first successful sewing experience ever!

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2012, 11:12:42 am »
That looks really good Tranny!
but the tail IS just like the ears, just a little bigger.
I think you could do it.

My wig for blue is coming any day now, all I have left to do is get her little black dress. I'm hoping to go by goodwill when I get home to McMinnville.

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
I know it is but the tail has to be light in order to wear it. I have the idea of how I want to do it. But I'm a novice sewing in truth this is the first time i've ever sewn something by myself. I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to cover the ears in fabric yet >.<  PLus time wise. I've still got 2 other cosplays to put together but if I have extra time I'll see about doing it. 

and Yay goodwill! one of the best places on earth. ^^

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
I know it is but the tail has to be light in order to wear it. I have the idea of how I want to do it. But I'm a novice sewing in truth this is the first time i've ever sewn something by myself. I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to cover the ears in fabric yet >.<  PLus time wise. I've still got 2 other cosplays to put together but if I have extra time I'll see about doing it. 

you can do it! I believe in you!
I just hope they have something I can modify.. I don't have any money to order the dress I found offline.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »

Just do the tail and attach it to a long piece of ribbion the matches your dress. I cosplay as umbreon and I have my tail on a ribbon that I just tie around my waist.

Offline lilineko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2012, 12:04:00 am »
Weeeee Teddy! I finally got my Wartortle done :D Weeee, anyways we totally gotta gets some pics of just us two before it gets crazy and we both forget XD

I totally can't wait to meet up with ya all at the photoshoots :D Oh and Teddy, my cousin isn't going to make it, so no Vulpix ;(
K-CON '14 Cosplay(s)

Pokemon Gijinka Mega Blastoise

(BIG maybe on Drudge Angel from Modest Medusa)

~~~~~

~ACTIVATING ZACK-FANGIRL MODE~
**swoons, sighs & melts into a puddle at the thought of Zack*

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2012, 09:49:17 am »
Weeeee Teddy! I finally got my Wartortle done :D Weeee, anyways we totally gotta gets some pics of just us two before it gets crazy and we both forget XD

I totally can't wait to meet up with ya all at the photoshoots :D Oh and Teddy, my cousin isn't going to make it, so no Vulpix ;(

ohkay. No worries.
I'm not sure if I'll have the dress, so I might just try to do a modern day Blue ;.;
I had less than my budget said, so I couldn't order the dress online. I'm going to try and get one of her outfits done somehow!

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2012, 12:24:54 pm »
I'll try but That also mean I have to go buy some more fabric and supplies. Anyone have any ideas how to put fabric on my leafeon ears? I've been trying the past 2 days trying to figure out how to go about it with out making it look ridiculous.

I'm really excited to see everyone else's cosplays. My eeveelutions group is coming along nicely too. One of our jolteon's already finished her cosplay, and everyone else is getting really close.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:20 pm »
I ahev an idea on how you can get fabric on your Leafeon ears. Im not sure if it will work but try cutting the fabric into two pieces that match the ears exaltly but leave an extra inch or two. Over lay the fabric over the ears and sew the two pieces of fabric together. Also you can try going to the cosplay help form to see if other people have an idea on how to make it work.

Offline lady_lapras

• Oni
    • Check us out on Facebook!
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »
Wow! I had no idea that there would be so many people cosplaying for Pokemon!!! This is so exciting :D

Just thought you all would like to know that if you stop by the Pokemon booth, in the gaming area, in a Pokemon related cosplay you can get free goodies <3

Can't wait to see everyones outfits!

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »
Wow! I had no idea that there would be so many people cosplaying for Pokemon!!! This is so exciting :D
Just thought you all would like to know that if you stop by the Pokemon booth, in the gaming area, in a Pokemon related cosplay you can get free goodies <3

Whoo! just what every cosplayer likes to hear. "Free goodies" XD

I ahev an idea on how you can get fabric on your Leafeon ears. Im not sure if it will work but try cutting the fabric into two pieces that match the ears exaltly but leave an extra inch or two. Over lay the fabric over the ears and sew the two pieces of fabric together. Also you can try going to the cosplay help form to see if other people have an idea on how to make it work.

Thank you I will definitely try that forum. as for the fabric overlay, I did think of that my only problem is getting the notches the ears have done.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »

WOW COOL!!!!!!

Offline lilineko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2012, 11:43:23 pm »
@lady lapras- Oh duuude, I'm so down and excited about the free goodies! Haha awesome and thankies for the heads up ;3

@teddy - aww sorry to hear that you couldn't get your other dress ;( but hey at least she has other outfits ^~^ So totally good luck :D
K-CON '14 Cosplay(s)

~~~~~

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:21 am »
@lady lapras- Oh duuude, I'm so down and excited about the free goodies! Haha awesome and thankies for the heads up ;3

@teddy - aww sorry to hear that you couldn't get your other dress ;( but hey at least she has other outfits ^~^ So totally good luck :D

The only issue is her hat xD

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
lilineko, how did you do your Vaporeon ears?  they look really good in your ava and I'm remaking mine and need ideas.

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2012, 11:39:59 pm »
I'll bring Blaziken Gijinka for this.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline lilineko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »
@LadyFiede - hey hey and thankies ^~^ So I made my Vaporeon headband out of fleece and wired each fin to keep it standing up/out. The side fins are permanently wrapped and glued to a headband (that has two bands connected as one; hope that made sense XD ) and the top fin is an attachable one because I needed to use a thick wire for it.

If you want to see more semi-up close pics of the Vaporeon headband, I actually have some, just let me know.

@HeavenscloneX - Nice fire gijinka choice
K-CON '14 Cosplay(s)

~~~~~

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »
I'll be Gengar this year! c: Hopefully someone at Kumoricon will be Gastly and/or Haunter. The trio needs to be together! :3
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline bamfi1218

• Cabbit
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:29 pm »
I'll be dressing as a Pichu (Spikey-eared at that!) And if all goes according to plan, my little white rabbit will be dressing as pikachu ;)
Symmetry is Key~
Ve~