Author Topic: Looking for Fellow Sailor Moon nerds.  (Read 171802 times)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Looking for Fellow Sailor Moon nerds.
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:27 pm »
YES THEY MUST! Actually all of the Starlights must be sexy
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
YES THEY MUST! Actually all of the Starlights must be sexy

AGREED. d 8) b

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 05:38:30 am »
IF THEY DUB STARS, THEY BETTER MAKE SEIYA SEXY TO THE MAXX!!!!! >:O

Mmm, Seiya is yummy~
Much prefer him in the anime over Mamoru

Not so much in the manga though. Mamoru was actually decent in the manga and him and Usagi fell in love before they found out who they were in a past life. When Usagi found out she was Serenity and he was Endymion, she didn't even care cause all she wanted was Mamoru back with her. He's closer to her age in the manga too and has more of a personality, not to mention own powers from the Golden Crystal. In the anime they made the Golden Crystal some random object from the horn of Pegasus D< gah~ Seiya in the manga had a very SMALL part.... I was sad when the last we saw of him/Star Fighter was them freaking dying!!! The world turns all good and into Crystal Tokyo, but nothing about the start lights being reborn or anything is mentioned... LAME

You guys should check out my favorite Sailor Moon fanart of all time: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sailor+moon+cosmos+crystal+tokyo#/d7ksa0 Not enough people depict the war that happens in the far future between Chaos and Neo Queen Serenity in her new incarnation, Sailor Cosmos~ I think that's the most interesting time period in the SM universe~ In the manga when Cosmos said she left her home to go back and change her mind in the battle with Galaxia- it kinda took me aback she would abandon her palace, people, friends and family. Makes me wonder if they were dead, or near dead, what their say was in her going back.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:44:12 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 06:04:46 am »
Yeah, Mamoru in the manga is nice,  but in the anime he's a total jerky pansy! I dislike him sooooo much! And I agree, even though I haven't found the first two books of Stars, I know how little Seiya comes in, and it makes me sad....;o;

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »
Y'all make me feel like such a wimpy fan, heh. I obsessed over it like WHOA when I was little, and since my local video rental place had it both dubbed AND subbed, I watched both. I've only recently gotten back into it, rewatching the series in Japanese, but it's still as awesome as I remember it being. I preferred the dub when I was a kid because it was easier for me to watch what was going on without having to read subtitles too, but a little while ago I tried to watch a clip of the dub just to compare and ended up clutching my ears and whining WHO IS THIS SERENA AND WHY IS HER VOICE SO SHRILLLL! Sub > dub, by a mile.

I'm also reading the manga for the first time. I love Naoko Takeuchi's art, so pretty~

Aaand two of the four cosplays I have planned for 2011 are from it, which I am way looking forward to.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:07 pm »
You are lucky that your video store had both, I was raised with the dubed. Although recently I found out that Movie Madness has Sailor Stars Subbed on VHS. The only down side is that it is $7 to rent on movie for 3 nights.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:22 pm »
I still remember the glorious day my friend and I were walking from Middle School and she told me she had downloaded the then mysterious last season of Sailor Moon we knew NOTHING about and we could watch it~ I... FLIPPPPPEDDDD @________@

Every day after school we would watch one disc~ *sighs* awww memories.

I bought the Stars books in middle school too... I saw them at Borders Books and freaked out, cause it was around this time I noticed Sailor Moon stuff starting to dissapear, as it had been off air for about a year

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »
You are lucky that your video store had both, I was raised with the dubed. Although recently I found out that Movie Madness has Sailor Stars Subbed on VHS. The only down side is that it is $7 to rent on movie for 3 nights.

Yeah, thinking back on it that was really pretty cool. At the time I would just get confused trying to figure out the name changes.

It's really fun rewatching it because my video store had mostly the movies, so a ton of the TV show is brand new for me.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 02:37:08 am »

I'm sure you can find it online somewhere

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »
I have the entire sailor stars subbed on vhs. They're obviously bootlegs, but they were done pretty well. :3 I'm thinking of selling them in the near future. XD

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 06:20:14 pm »

I'm sure you can find it online somewhere
Yeah I watched it on Youtube, but it's nice to have them on VHS in case my internet stops working for a bit

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »
You guys should check out: http://sailormusic.net/

They have like every piece of SM music available for download.

And, is it just me or does Endymion and his Golden Kingdom just kind of get overtaken by the Silver Millennium and the Moon bloodline? xD
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:37:25 am by kimiski »

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 11:18:18 am »
T_T the thread died, but I will save it,

I was wondering who else has any Otaku Senshi? I have 5 but I really only use 3 of them.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 11:34:54 am »
I mentioned that my fiancee is a Sailor Moon fan before, so I just wanted to post about what I got her for her birthday a couple of weeks ago.

Birthday card: The card itself had "Happy Birthday" written in a way that made it look like a math formula.  This was for two reasons: I've been tutoring her for her math class she's currently in, and the card was a hallmark contest winner by a high school student from Redmond, WA.  Inside of the card, I taped in three buttons; they were fan art buttons of Sailors Uranus, Neptune, and Moon.  Uranus & Neptune were drawn in a way in which they could have been holding each others hands (or reaching out to do so).  I drew in some speech bubbles, having Uranus say "Together" and Neptune saying "Forever."  Below, Moon is pointing her staff-thing upward, with her bubble saying "I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE!"

Present: I found a DVD copy of a Sailor Moon movie; I'm pretty sure it said "Pegasus" on it.  I remember that it said something about Chibi Moon on the brink of death, or something like that...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:49 am »
i have my own senshi.... of corse i call her sailor sun and have a hug back story about her and saphire from the r season >.>;;;;;

and btw best gift ever i hope she liked it!
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 11:41:26 am »
^ Thanks!  She did, a lot.  I'll talk to her about seeing if she can post some pics of the card.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:15 pm »
She told me that she has a pic of the inside of the card on her facebook account.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1780878355340&set=a.1644800353475.2089617.1040877130&theater

You can see it here.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 02:50:11 pm »
content not found
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:10 pm »
Hmm... I wonder if it's because you're not friends with her...  here, I'll do a direct photobucket shot.

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »
>.< so cute
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 10:03:54 pm »
That's an adorable card. <3 And I have those Uranus and Neptune buttons. I love them dearly, they're so cute. I hope the person who made them is at Kumoricon again this year, I want to get the rest of the Senshi...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 12:36:51 am »
I have her number.  I can call her to see if she's planning on it this year or not.  (I'd imagine she would since she lives in Vancouver, at least last that I knew).

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 09:52:03 am »
That is so sweet washougal!

@chelsea, she sounds interesting, even though there may be millions of Sailor Suns in the world.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »
Thanks, Wrath-Chan!

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
i have the pins too i bought all of them ;.; but i lost sailor jupiter......

and thankies wrath! i want to make her outfit someday
kumoicon 2013:

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2011, 07:16:26 am »
Your welcome!

The idea of cosplaying your Otaku Snehsi is really great, Sakky has really inspired me to cosplay as my Sailor Cosmic someday

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19:25 am »
I've really been wanting to get a huge group together to do a gender-bent group. I wanna design male versions of each sailor scout, and do boy school uniforms, still keeping the details of each sailor scout's colors and such. And then make a gender bent Tuxedo Mask. >w<

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:05 pm »
I've really been wanting to get a huge group together to do a gender-bent group. I wanna design male versions of each sailor scout, and do boy school uniforms, still keeping the details of each sailor scout's colors and such. And then make a gender bent Tuxedo Mask. >w<

Genderbent Starlights. Just sayin'.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:59 am »
that would be an interesting plan Fang, would it just be the inner senshi or all of them?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2011, 10:42:43 am »
I'd be totally up for doing this some day!  (So long as I get to be Mars or Neptune).

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2011, 11:16:01 am »
lol. We could throw the starlights in. >w< I just thought it would a neat idea, but I never thought I'd be able to get together enough people. XD

I was also thinking when/if I designed said outfits, I'd make the base of the inner scouts uniforms white, and the outer scouts black, kind of like in vampire knight. I thought it might be cool. :3
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:29:36 am by VampireFangs103 »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »
I love genderbending and I love Sailor Moon, so I'd totally be up for this sometime. Let me know if this goes somewhere!

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:09 pm »
I'm interested as well, I could be male Venus

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »
If people are interested, I could actually start sketching up some stuff >w< lol

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »
That's be cool. I'm still having trouble trying to visualize guy versions of senshi uniforms. ^^;

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »
Yeah. XD Like I said, it was just an idea. If I did sketch something up, they would be sticking to main colors, but obviously they'd be a whole lot different. :3

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »
I'd be very excited to see anything you sketched. I just have no idea what a male senshi uniform would look like. XD Maybe a rainbow of Tuxedo Masks...? (Or not, that's kind of a hilarious horrible mental image.)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:43 am »
If people are interested, I could actually start sketching up some stuff >w< lol

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2011, 07:43:09 pm »
do it, PWEASE!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
THE RETURN OF SAILOR MOON!
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2011, 10:52:30 am »
Alright.

Now all you fans, I know what it's like, clicking around the internet and hearing rumors about Sailor Moon, only to find out that it was simply that: a rumor. However, today, I have woke up to something glorious. Today, it's not a rumor!

It was announced today by Kodansha USA that in September, they will be re-releasing the Sailor Moon manga in the USA! After six years of it being gone! And not only that- brace yourself fans- THEY'LL ALSO BE RELEASING THE PREQUEL. That's right. Codename: Sailor V. The series that caused Sailor Moon to come into creation is finally going to find its way to the USA. I think this is all cause for celebration.

And I'm sure that with the release of the manga, more things will follow. No doubt, this is one huge step in the American Sailor Moon world. Have a look at the article.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-03-18/kodansha-usa-announces-the-return-of-sailor-moon
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:07:35 pm by VampireFangs103 »

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2011, 12:05:07 pm »
Words fail to express how excited I am about the Sailor Moon manga being rereleased and Sailor V being released.  I think my intial reaction was something like "SQUEEEE!!!!" followed by IMing one of my best friend, who ironically I met because my other best friend noticed her drawing Sailor Moon in class many many years ago and thought we'd get along.

GAH!  I want to redo my Jupiter costume even more now...but I also want to get Nephrite done first.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2011, 01:31:07 pm »
Oh yeah the rerelease! I can't wait. Also by the time it's coming out I will probably have a job so will actually have money!

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »
Yesssss...I had no idea they were doing that until just now, so thanks for letting me know. XD I've been looking all over but I can't find any of the original manga (I can find scanlations, but I want a physical copy dangit!). Even better, the first one comes out in September so I can ask for it for my birthday~
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:49:12 pm by Chibachi Nero »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
Re: THE RETURN OF SAILOR MOON!
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2011, 10:34:20 pm »
Alright.

Now all you fans, I know what it's like, clicking around the internet and hearing rumors about Sailor Moon, only to find out that it was simply that: a rumor. However, today, I have woke up to something glorious. Today, it's not a rumor!

It was announced today by Kodansha USA that in September, they will be re-releasing the Sailor Moon manga in the USA! After six years of it being gone! And not only that- brace yourself fans- THEY'LL ALSO BE RELEASING THE PREQUEL. That's right. Codename: Sailor V. The series that caused Sailor Moon to come into creation is finally going to find its way to the USA. I think this is all cause for celebration.

And I'm sure that with the release of the manga, more things will follow. No doubt, this is one huge step in the American Sailor Moon world. Have a look at the article.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-03-18/kodansha-usa-announces-the-return-of-sailor-moon

You fellow Sailor Moon fans think that's cool? Check this out!

http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/guests/mitsuishi.php

(if you haven't figured it out, she's the one who did Usagi Tsukino's/Sailor Moon's voice!  ;D)

I really wish I could go, if only I had some people to come with me  :'(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:56:11 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:28 am »
D< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I REALLLLYYYYYYYYYYY wanna go to Sakura-Con!!!! Gahhhahaha!!! Why must I live so far away and have no moneyzzz!!!

I can't wait to buy Sailor V in english~! I have them in Japanese :D

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
Re: THE RETURN OF SAILOR MOON!
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2011, 01:51:07 pm »

I really wish I could go, if only I had some people to come with me  :'(

Brb, words failing me. :D

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »
.......................O______________________________________________________________O

must....save...money...now.....
kumoicon 2013:

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »
woot woot! You can officially pre-order the first two sailor moon manga and first two sailor v manga on amazon! owo

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:00 am »
YESSSSSS!!!!!!! *goes to amazon.com*

And now I MUSSTTT cosplay Sailor Mars at Kumoricon~~~~ *eats nothing but lettuce and hits gym* xD

p.s- can someone link? I just get V in japanese and Moon's old ones
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:11:33 am by kimiski »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2011, 11:01:23 am »

(if you haven't figured it out, she's the one who did Usagi Tsukino's/Sailor Moon's voice!  ;D)

Man, now my fiancee is really gonna be sad that we can't go to Sakuracon...

And now I MUSSTTT cosplay Sailor Mars at Kumoricon~~~~ *eats nothing but lettuce and hits gym* xD

:o That'd be sweet!  That's my favorite of the scouts.