Author Topic: Kuroshitsuji II!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
Kuroshitsuji II!
« on: July 05, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »
For all of you who've seen the recently released first episode of the new "season" of Kuroshitsuji...
(if you havent, LINK TIME: http://www.goodanime.net/kuroshitsuji-season-2-episode-1)
SPOILER TIME DO NOT CROSS XP

I'm interested in anyone out there's theories...
First of all, what's up with Sebastian? I mean, i understand that he's attempting to resurrect Ciel, but why? The whole first season played out well as a whole, with the expected "Faustian contract" ending, but why on earth wouldn't Sebastian return to his home *cough hell cough* after retrieving Ciel's soul? Did he suddenly grow some emotions, and regret killing his former master? Or could it be for some personal gain... Not that im unhappy or not open to a way to bring back the characters i know and love... *cried for Ciel*

As for the new Contractor...
I dunno what to make of him. I mean, he ripped out his own maid's eye in one scene, and is on the floor crying because the lights went out in the next! With a personality so unstable im not sure his character can really become anything but a villain...
Also, he claims to have been held captive as a slave by a strange group, who all dropped dead in a instant massacre one night... Just like Ciel? Seems to be too big of a coincidence... If so, could a rivalry form out of Alois placing blame for his dead friend (Andrew was his name, i think) on Ciel? After all, he DID give to order to kill everyone...

Sorry if this was way too long winded, or the spoiler and link are out of place here.

Any discussion, criticism, etc. is appreciated~

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Kuroshitsuji II!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:04:52 pm »
Spoiler on my part as well:

I loved the way the 1st season ended so much that I couldn't possibly even read fanfiction of it. That much love. I was hoping they wouldn't do the continuation bit with this story though. Idealistically they would start with a completely different storyline and have little to no overlapping of the previous season and this one. That way, at least the show doesn't end up with sequelitis. Even so, the characters from this season don't seem to have the dynamics as the last ones did either. Emotionless butler, sadistic-bi-polar kid, woobie maid, and triplets? I really hope this is a good season!
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:02:27 pm »
I dont like Alois's short shorts D:
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 12:26:36 am »
i like Claude : ) his tango dance was funny and probably bc i love people with glasses lol
and i hate hate hate hate Alois. cocky little brat. but seriously he bi-polar and is just a little kid.
he acts nothing like Ciel. yes, Ciel is a kid too but he didn't try to rip out eyes, and he didn't have
a temper tantrum. Ciel acts more mature then Alois. hate hate hate hate Alois.

i'm very very interested about whats going to happen with Ciel and Sebastian
and why Alois wants Ciel.

go team Phantomhive. lol and i think Sebastian was super fantastic amazing
like always : )

Visit my DA! http://butteredtoasttt.deviantart.com/
●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●
K-Con Cosplays ☆ {{Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt<10%> ☆{{Kirigakure from Ao No Exorcist <10%>☆{{Ex-Boyfriend from Just Be Friends <10%>

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 12:40:37 am »
@ CheshireStray:

+1

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:53:18 pm »
Spoilers>>>>>>>>

Jeez I'm glad they brought back Ceil! I HATTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Alois !!!! D<

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Sharpie

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 12:09:09 pm »
If you watch up to the newest episode you will find out why.
I loved the first season but the second season is quiet confusing.
Every episode is like a puzzle that you have to piece together.
I don't like the fact that they had claude like a copy of Sebastian cause on my part that
makes me not like him so much.
Alois is just a woman hater boy slut.
I'm sorry to all of you who like him it's just my oppinon.
I like Ciel because he has pride and lets face it you will never see him a booty shorts....ever xD

GaiaOnline: C l o u d S ii x

Offline BlackLaceAndPearl

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:06:51 pm »
Alois's style of dress is very . . . effeminate? I love it, myself. I'd totally dress like that. Maybe.  ;)
I think, if anything, this series has plenty of sympathetically portrayed villain protagonists.
I though Alois was creepy at first (mainly because the "eye thing" with Hannah makes me cringe every time) but as the series went on, and I learned more about his past, I found that his behavior was more justified. Especially because, despite all that he's been through, he's so happy sometimes. And when he's happy, he's adorable.
However, I do see that even though Ciel is more all around callous than Alois, he's also significantly less cruel.
Sebastian smiles, he teases, he's just so adorable. He really cares about his Bocchan, he's trying so hard to save him from the others, and that makes him seem so sweet, despite being a demon.
Claude is more callous than Ciel--yes, it's possible--, and he's cruel on top of it all. He doesn't seem to care about Alois at all, and he completely went against the contract, not just failing to uphold his end, but doing to Alois what he was supposed to protect him from.
Given this, I can say that I feel all the characters are well developed and as realistic as a story involving demons and angels and shifting dogs would allow. I am a fan of the Ciel and Sebby side of the debate, but I do feel for Alois, and Claude is an amazingly portrayed . . . anti hero? Villain protagonist? I'm not really sure what he is.
That's the end of my complex character analysis.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:23:49 am by BlackLaceAndPearl »
Kumoricon 2011

Elizabeth Middleford - Kuroshitsuji
Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 05:38:57 am »
Is there seriously only one more episode? D<

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline BlackLaceAndPearl

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:51 pm »
I had a marathon on Saturday, and I watched the entirety of season two in one day. It was interesting.

I won't spoil the ending, just in case someone hasn't seen it, but I will say that it was unnerving, and eerie, and along the lines of what I was hoping for. I still teared up, though.  ;)

And I realized that they provided the exact year that the story takes place, but I already figure it out.

And for some reason, I almost never watch the last episode of an anime more than once. Death Note, both seasons of Kuroshitsuji . . . the only one I've seen more than once is Ouran.
I suppose the endings are just so powerful. The season one ending made me cry buckets. I don't usually go anywhere near them after I've seen them once. Even if I loved them. You know?  ;)
Kumoricon 2011

Elizabeth Middleford - Kuroshitsuji
Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 11:34:18 pm »
is this on  ondemand or somethin. I have no clue what this
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 06:18:45 am »
I love the second half of this show o.o and watching it in english is much too....the voices were well picked as well hehe well I hope you all see it in english too soon

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:48:20 am »
I had a marathon on Saturday, and I watched the entirety of season two in one day.
At the risk of being immediately slung into the fat-yaoi-fangirl stereotype, I must do this during the weekend. :3

I'm still trying to get through Season 1 though. I just don't have time like I used to. It's starting to wear me down too. :<
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 01:59:36 pm »
*Sigh* for future readers; Hannah = Demon
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline oceanrabbits

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 07:21:18 pm »
Oh oh oh I love this anime!!! I'm more into the English dubs, subs are so hard for me to follow sometimes. If I had to choose a favorite it would have to be Druitt. Todd Haberkorn is so good at playing his part! And I'm not sure if you guys know about his new website or not but if you join www.teamhaberkorn.com you can get all the latest updates, complete access to the site, and so much more.

Offline Sephiroth87

• Cabbit
    • my art
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 02:25:37 am »
This post is old, but I just started season 1. Awesome! I dunno why ive been dodging it....