Author Topic: toonnami  (Read 26366 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: toonnami
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »
I recall when i attended college back in the 90's. Toonami was a big part of my life, it's what really got me into anime. Ronin Warriors, Dragon Ball Z, Tenchi Muyo, G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, Big O, Outlaw Star.

And the non anime shows, Reboot, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited.

Yesm glorious memories indeed. Such a pity that T.V. these days that a lot of T.V. netwoirks have become too scared to be creative and are relying on relaity T.V.

In my opinion the networks could learn a lot from Toonami. Personally if they were to ever bring Toonami back one non-anime show i would recommend for the new Toonami, Young Justice.
I don't think tenchi aired intil 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonami#Toonami_series_and_movies

But yeah, other than the scifi channel weekend stuff toonami was the first time I really got hooked.  I too fell in love with tenchi
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »
So, anyone watching Toonami? Got any series you're enjoying? I've been following Deadman Wonderland. I had already seen the subbed version and loved it, and while the English dub is...good...I have to say the voice actor for Shiro is driving me crazy. I don't like the way she's doing her voice. The Japanese VO had a soft innocence to her voice, but the English dub just comes off as nasally and very artificially high. Other than that...still loving the show.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 02:07:39 am »
I haven't been watching it because I've been told it was just Adult Swim with the Toonomi logo slapped over it... so.. yeah...

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012