Author Topic: 2011 Registration  (Read 113659 times)

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
2011 Registration
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:55 am »
If you have questions regarding 2011 registration please post them here. I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

Pyro
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:39:51 pm by kalagei »
=^_^=

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2011 Registration
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:20 am »
Lol heres an obvious one...when does it start? and how much are VIP badges going to be? Many thanks on any answers. and if my thread interfears with this one just lemme know I'll take 'er down.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:12 am »
Lol heres an obvious one...when does it start? and how much are VIP badges going to be? Many thanks on any answers. and if my thread interfears with this one just lemme know I'll take 'er down.

Registration opened at 11am on Monday, the online site will not be available until late October.

Vip's I would love to answer that, it should be $200 but i can not answer it correctly until after the new board is elected.
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:09:51 am »
Ok, So here's the deal. More than likely I will be the registration manager again. I have been planning for 2011 for a few weeks now.

At the rant and rave after closing ceremonies, I addressed the entire audience.
“I want to thank my Registration staff, they worked very long hours and got little to no sleep.
I want to thank our volunteers,  WITHOUT OUR VOULUNTEERS, this con would have failed miserably, We were very understaffed because of last year, without our volunteers this con would not exist, we need to thank each of them.

I have just one rant, a certain person is not allowed to touch the badge printers.

Ok, I have heard people complaining  about the long lines. I was here as an attendee last year, how many of you remember the long lines then? How long were you in line? 4 hrs? 6 hrs? I was in line for 5 hrs as it moved back and forth. I want to apologize, for the long lines. I took over as the manager in June,  3 months before the convention. Shortly after I took over i discovered a major glitch the affected over 100 attendees. Somehow addresses and names were switched in the database by 1 line, this affected a lot of people. Within a few weeks I had fixed 90% of the issues. The remaining 10% is what caused the long lines, we had hundreds of badges in will call, along with other issues.        

For that I am sorry.”

Now here is the good side,  We are working on a system to decrease the wait time to around 30 minutes or less per person who pre-register. All you will have to do is show your Id and badge. We will then enter you in to the system using a 10 key, and along you go. It should take approximately 22 seconds per person at the desk. Since the next venue will be in 2 hotels. We should have more than enough room to have 3 lines. Having 3 lines will decrease the wait time for everyone. Pre-reg will be broken into 2 groups "Mail" and "Will Call".  By doing this, those who choose "Will Call" will not affect those who already have it, it is a burden on everyone to do will call, but it is required for many circumstances. The only way to decrease the wait time for "At The Door" registration is for people to have their paperwork properly and fully completed and most of all legible. I have made some major changes to the registration forms already to resolve a lot of issues. Besides the database issue, another issue we have is the USPS. The USPS has each house’s address registered to the adults who live there. When mail to a child is sent to the address, the USPS will sometimes return it to us with a label that says “No such addressee, unable to forward”  This happens a lot when the child has a different last name. Also a lot of attendees have 2 addresses, their physical home address, and their mailing address. A lot of people only provide us with their physical address.  Because of these issues, I changed the reg form to have a secondary mail line (physical address, and mailing address), I also added an area for parental information. When an attendee is under 18 years of age (at convention’s dates) we will mail the badge out “CARE OF [C/O]” their parent. This will ensure the mail reaches the attendee. By initiating these steps, the “Will Call” should be decreased to less than 100 badges, maybe less than 50.

In the next few weeks, I and a few others will be going to the new venue, I will begin registration planning as soon as we go there.  

If you want to make it a better convention
PLEASE BECOME STAFF
Kumoricon is 100% Volunteer Staffed
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:11:20 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:35:34 am »
Sounds like a promising plan, Pyronine. Thank you, to you and all the staff and volunteers, who put so much work in to making the experience its best. I am really looking forward to next year. The line-processing adjustments sound like they'll be a major improvement.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:45 pm »
Ok, So here's the deal. More than likely I will be the registration manager again. I have been planning for 2011 for a few weeks now.

Glad to here it. Despite the lines I think you did great.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »
Pyro is right,

If you want to see the lines die down, we gotta have more volunteers, if you
do the math 4,000 attendees at 1 minute each is like 66 hours worth of
registration time, spanned over 3 days between 4 reg monkey's is still about
a 7 hour line-up, and depending on when you show up for that line you could
easily be waiting foooooreeeeverrrr. We can't rightly steal from other anemic
departments, like yoji or prog or gaming, and I sacrificed my team to registration
and other areas to help but that still doesn't cover the problem.

When the new Member-Elected Board is chosen, the ops director for that year
will chose a Registration manager and that person is going to have the super fun
awesome task of making two hotels work for registration. There are many ways
it could be done, we wont know until Ops and Reg sit down and talk it out sometime
after October. Heck, they might have to wait until January after the Executive
Pow Wow before they know the full layout of the Registration team and how best
to utilize them.

But as Pyro said, rest assured that everyone working reg this past year is really
really really pumped and excited for next year, and all the challenges and opportunities
that come along with that.

I'm just excited that we have so many people wanting to get involved or at least
asking questions about the process!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Dread Pirate

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:51:47 pm »
Where do I go to apply for Staff next year (yojimbo or otherwise), and how all can I help in the meantime?
Panel Staff 2012, 2013
Ballroom Coordinator 2014

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:51 pm »
If you want to see the lines die down, we gotta have more volunteers,

I  must respectfully disagree with this.  What we need is the computerized check in like we have in 2007.  4 staff killed the pre-reg line in 22 minutes Saturday morning and there was never a significant line after that.  Many confused people could not find pre-reg because the lack of line confused them.  10-key check in is blazingly fast.  That year we also had little cards that the maids gave to people at the ends of the lines, with pre and at-con that has the current time on them.  When they reached the front of the line they turned them in and then we knew the wait times for certain.

We are a bigger con now, but this is what we need to have almost no wait for pre-reg peoples:
*The needed hardware, and I know we have much of it already.
*The software.  The original is missing, but our lovely Treasurer coded us a new one.
*DRESS REHEARSAL.  We need PretendCon.  A group of core staffers must set up the system, check some people in and then tear it down and pack it up.  This way, the staff has hands on training and any critical errors can be fixed.  Like, if we are missing monitor cords or something like that.  At con, it is very easy to get hamstrung my stupid stuff like that. 
*DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

With the right tools, 4 people can power through a Saturday morning reg line in 22 minutes.  We have done it before.  We can do it again.   

Anyway, that is my buttinski $0.02.  I know that some of you were not at 2007.  The only change I would make from 2007 is that both reg desks should be in the same lobby.  Separating the desks that much was too hard on people with problem registration who got bounced from desk to desk.  Also, when pre-reg is dead, they can easily go over and help at-con, or be taking reg forms and entering the data. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:41 pm »

DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

With the right tools, 4 people can power through a Saturday morning reg line in 22 minutes.  We have done it before.  We can do it again.   

You are right, I'd forgotten about this option, of course I'd NEVER consider throwing untrained staff at Reg (Throwing people at anything isn't really a good idea.... ^_^ )

Either an awesome sauce computer system or an even more awesome company that runs reg for us...
something... anything... and I know that the people invested in this will figure it out. But still, we need more people in registration, because everyone needs a break... and working reg all day every day, is killer...

But Dawn is correct, a good system will trump 10 people who have no clue what they are doing any day.

But isn't that what good staff training is for? ^________^
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »

DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

You are right, I'd forgotten about this option, of course I'd NEVER consider throwing untrained staff at Reg (Throwing people at anything isn't really a good idea.... ^_^ )

Either an awesome sauce computer system or an even more awesome company that runs reg for us...
something... anything... and I know that the people invested in this will figure it out. But still, we need more people in registration, because everyone needs a break... and working reg all day every day, is killer...

But Dawn is correct, a good system will trump 10 people who have no clue what they are doing any day.

But isn't that what good staff training is for? ^________^

A dress rehearsal is basically hands on staff training, showing instead of telling.  I want PretendCon to happen.  I was only able to have a clue what I was doing in 2007 due to MiniCon.  I am only able to help with tech stuff from time to time due to KLite and other mini events. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »
Yes, that is a wonderful sounding idea!
I seriously thought the people I had to pass in line who didn't already have their badges on them were going to KILL me for "cutting" I was scared....  :'( :'(

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Develynia

• Cabbit
    • Deviant Art Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 11:49:44 pm »
This may not be the best place to ask, or maybe it is I'm not sure. I've never been to the new location but I'm wondering how big Artist's Alley will be next year. I'm hoping to get a table this time. If I've posted this in the wrong area please feel free to delete or move it.
"Most good judgement comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgement."

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 11:56:35 pm »
While probably not the correct place, I can answer the question
quickly as it coincides with most questions;

Until we have a new board, we wont know where all the programming
will be.

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline majorspiegelyspooch

• Sailor Scout
    • BEWARE
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 06:07:32 am »
So now theres a new location where the con will be but is it in 2 different hotels now or just one? if its just one then what location? Cause that's just really bothering me

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »
Events will be in both hotels.

Offline Kasper

• Oni
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »
How far apart are the hotels? Too far and with bad weather will have some people very upset.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »
How far apart are the hotels? Too far and with bad weather will have some people very upset.

Two words:

Simple. Cosplay. At least for me ><

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:35 am »

The hotels are about 3 blocks apart, that's a 5 minute walk for the average person. There's not much to be concerned about with that, so let's be hoping for nice weather!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 01:06:30 am »

The hotels are about 3 blocks apart, that's a 5 minute walk for the average person. There's not much to be concerned about with that, so let's be hoping for nice weather!

nice, yet not blistering hot
This years was perrrrfect

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:23 am »
I'd hope for cloudy but not rainy, or light but not warm. Both my costumes require a semi-bleak atmosphere, so cloudy (but dry) would be perfect for me.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:47 pm »
I'd hope for cloudy but not rainy, or light but not warm. Both my costumes require a semi-bleak atmosphere, so cloudy (but dry) would be perfect for me.

I agree about the weather, that would be awesome. It would be kinda cool if it was foggy as well, I love fog! :D
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:20 pm »

I agree about the weather, that would be awesome. It would be kinda cool if it was foggy as well, I love fog! :D

Fog would make for such a beautiful atmosphere for photos. It's never happened before, but it'd be pretty amazing.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Can we please get back on topic. This thread is for REGISTRATION.

Please limit your posts to matters concerning it (the weather is not part of registration).

Thank You
=^_^=

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »
Alright! on topic question. ^^

I went to Uwajimaya today, and noticed that their Festival of Japan ( or something along those lines) is coming up on....the 25th and 26th I believe? Sometime around then. I usually register at the first festival Uwajimaya has after the con.

So my question is, does Kumoricon plan to have a booth at this festival that pre-registration can take place at?

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:07:31 pm »
Alright! on topic question. ^^

I went to Uwajimaya today, and noticed that their Festival of Japan ( or something along those lines) is coming up on....the 25th and 26th I believe? Sometime around then. I usually register at the first festival Uwajimaya has after the con.

So my question is, does Kumoricon plan to have a booth at this festival that pre-registration can take place at?

Good question, and now i will go ask publicity if we are having a booth there.

Update (5 min later)

I just went to their web site. there is nothing listed for any festival or anything other than Korean food week
 http://www.uwajimaya.com/EventCalendar.php?setyear=2010&setmonth=9&selcal=Beaverton&mcount=0&elist=&mtype=
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:13:05 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:42 am »
I just went to their web site. there is nothing listed for any festival or anything other than Korean food week
 http://www.uwajimaya.com/EventCalendar.php?setyear=2010&setmonth=9&selcal=Beaverton&mcount=0&elist=&mtype=

They often put stuff on their calendar at the last second. I would not doubt they are having an event just on account of that. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »

Fog would make for such a beautiful atmosphere for photos. It's never happened before, but it'd be pretty amazing.

Seriously! :D, I agree.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »
The thing about this last con's pre-reg line that didn't seem to add up for me was the pace of it. It literally moved a dozen people every ten to twenty minutes. Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

Given that lets say 20 people still had address issues, and given that the lines were (covers eyes, throws dart) 1000 attendees long at any given time, did it take an extra hour (for the time i spent in line) to deal with 20 people?

Also, should there be a line for people ready with badges and I.D. (and/or guardians) separate from people with parental forms?

Also yet, bless the weather and the other fantastic cosplayers that came down into the garage to entertain us, including the Cap'n Hammer/Dr. Horrible duet.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 05:07:37 am »
Speaking of the garage- it was a good idea so people wouldn't be out baking in the sun- but this time around and without AC in there it was actually cooler outside then it was in that muggy/stuffy area.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 06:34:54 am »
Speaking of the garage- it was a good idea so people wouldn't be out baking in the sun- but this time around and without AC in there it was actually cooler outside then it was in that muggy/stuffy area.

Fyi, we moved it into their because if you attended last year, the line looped around the hotel and was in the rain 99% of the time. We had no idea is was going to be that nice outside, and due to fire code, we had to move the lines from last year. Granted it was cooler outside than inside but that was only if you were walking, people standing in line for the short 50' it was outside, we roasting.
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

What day were you working? Omg, i wish this was true. The pre-reg table was the slowest table fri and sat? to say that the average person made it through in 30 seconds would be awesome, when in reality it was 2-5 minutes per person as there were some major issues. the only reason it didnt back the line up is that we moved them to a seperate area for issues, but it was still slow moving. 

Also, should there be a line for people ready with badges and I.D. (and/or guardians) separate from people with parental forms?

next year may have seperate lines for everything. It all depends on if our new system is working or not. If it is working it will drop line times drastically.
=^_^=

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 02:00:08 pm »

What day were you working? Omg, i wish this was true. The pre-reg table was the slowest table fri and sat? to say that the average person made it through in 30 seconds would be awesome, when in reality it was 2-5 minutes per person as there were some major issues. the only reason it didnt back the line up is that we moved them to a seperate area for issues, but it was still slow moving. 

Saturday, from about 10-2. When we got to the top of the escalator next to the info desk, the split people with cards to the left, and without to the right.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:12 am »
i turn 18 in june so if pre register now will i still get the blue badge
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:06 am »
Yes you will still get a blue badge if you pre reg anytime for next year if you are 18 by con or day of con (if that makes sense, I just woke up right now...)

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 01:30:58 pm »
yay >w< thank u i just wanted to double check.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 09:20:04 pm »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

You will need to bring either a current State ID, Drivers License, or a Student ID (2010-2011 or 2011-2012 for next year if between 13 and 17 years of age) when you check in or pick up your badge next year

edited: because pyro yelled at me...:'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:22:40 pm by That_Guy »

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »
awesome

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:49:09 am »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

You will need to bring either a current State ID, Drivers License, or a Student ID (2010-2011 or 2011-2012 for next year) when you check in or pick up your badge next year

Apparently "that Guy" is only partially correct.

Once you hit 18 yrs of age, we can only accept a state or government issued Picture ID with you age listed.

Student Id's are only good for attendees 17 yrs old and under as they normally do not list your birth date on it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:52:15 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:13 am »
Yes you will still get a blue badge if you pre reg anytime for next year if you are 18 by con or day of con (if that makes sense, I just woke up right now...)

The way it works, is this. If your 18th birthday falls before or on the Friday before the con (last year was the 3rd, 2011 is the 2nd), we consider you to be 18 at Con and you will receive a blue badge. If your  18th birthday falls on Sat, Sun, or Mon, You will get a youth or child badge when you register. Upon your birthday,  you can go see the Registration Manager (or an Asst Manager) to upgrade it to an Adult badge. 
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:20 pm »
discount codes for hotels? this is sorta on topic. and you said online pre reg will be up mid october yes?
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:55 am »
discount codes for hotels? this is sorta on topic. and you said online pre reg will be up mid october yes?

We just elected our new board of directors, they need time to set things up. Mid to late october is when reg should be up. The hotel discount codes (if any) may be online at the same time. Please check the hotel thread for info on this.
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:50 pm »
okey dokey. thanks!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »
is it me or does it say there is a cap for 2011 too? >.<
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 03:56:27 pm »

Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

I'm not sure, but the wording of "badged pre-regs" makes me think it might be in reference to when Ian came up with the idea of laptop check-in for people who just needed validation stickers. He and I worked from our laptops checking people off the master list, and were able to pretty much blaze through everyone we saw. The only part that took more than 30 seconds was validating minors.

Unfortunately, there probably were a lot of people who were stuck in line despite only needing validation, and this might be what Venusgate's referring to. From what I heard, there was some confusion - people thought their orders were to Keep Everyone In The Same Line No Matter What and were afraid of getting yelled at if they did otherwise. (Which, given the meidos-pulling-people-out-of-line-and-sending-them-to-Info-Desk debacle, is understandable.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »

We probably will cap for 2011, but "it" doesn't say this (if by "it" you mean the web site or a forum post). The online information is still nearly all 2010 information (it will change over to 2011 very soon though).
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 10:02:47 am »

We probably will cap for 2011, but "it" doesn't say this (if by "it" you mean the web site or a forum post). The online information is still nearly all 2010 information (it will change over to 2011 very soon though).

Thank you Jeff, Yes there will be a cap for 2011 however the board needs to sit down with the hotels and figure out what our cap should be at. This will be done within the next 2 months. We are currently at 31 Pre-registered (from last day of 2010 con, and 2010 festival Japan at Uwajimaya's). Currently Pre-reg is closed until the board of directors determine the prices for 2011. We plan on opening pre-reg sometime soon. It was originally scheduled to open in late October, this may be set back by a few weeks due to issues.

Please check here or the main page www.kumoricon.org for Registration updates

2010 Reg Mgr (2011?)
=^_^=

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 10:04:29 pm »
pyro, you're idea just made me soooo happy ^_^ as a reg staffee and conner XD

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
I feel like I'm a ranting customer, but the pre- reg is still not open! I would like to purchase my ticket soon.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays: