Author Topic: 2011 Registration  (Read 113675 times)

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
2011 Registration
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:55 am »
If you have questions regarding 2011 registration please post them here. I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

Pyro
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:39:51 pm by kalagei »
=^_^=

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2011 Registration
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:20 am »
Lol heres an obvious one...when does it start? and how much are VIP badges going to be? Many thanks on any answers. and if my thread interfears with this one just lemme know I'll take 'er down.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:12 am »
Lol heres an obvious one...when does it start? and how much are VIP badges going to be? Many thanks on any answers. and if my thread interfears with this one just lemme know I'll take 'er down.

Registration opened at 11am on Monday, the online site will not be available until late October.

Vip's I would love to answer that, it should be $200 but i can not answer it correctly until after the new board is elected.
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:09:51 am »
Ok, So here's the deal. More than likely I will be the registration manager again. I have been planning for 2011 for a few weeks now.

At the rant and rave after closing ceremonies, I addressed the entire audience.
“I want to thank my Registration staff, they worked very long hours and got little to no sleep.
I want to thank our volunteers,  WITHOUT OUR VOULUNTEERS, this con would have failed miserably, We were very understaffed because of last year, without our volunteers this con would not exist, we need to thank each of them.

I have just one rant, a certain person is not allowed to touch the badge printers.

Ok, I have heard people complaining  about the long lines. I was here as an attendee last year, how many of you remember the long lines then? How long were you in line? 4 hrs? 6 hrs? I was in line for 5 hrs as it moved back and forth. I want to apologize, for the long lines. I took over as the manager in June,  3 months before the convention. Shortly after I took over i discovered a major glitch the affected over 100 attendees. Somehow addresses and names were switched in the database by 1 line, this affected a lot of people. Within a few weeks I had fixed 90% of the issues. The remaining 10% is what caused the long lines, we had hundreds of badges in will call, along with other issues.        

For that I am sorry.”

Now here is the good side,  We are working on a system to decrease the wait time to around 30 minutes or less per person who pre-register. All you will have to do is show your Id and badge. We will then enter you in to the system using a 10 key, and along you go. It should take approximately 22 seconds per person at the desk. Since the next venue will be in 2 hotels. We should have more than enough room to have 3 lines. Having 3 lines will decrease the wait time for everyone. Pre-reg will be broken into 2 groups "Mail" and "Will Call".  By doing this, those who choose "Will Call" will not affect those who already have it, it is a burden on everyone to do will call, but it is required for many circumstances. The only way to decrease the wait time for "At The Door" registration is for people to have their paperwork properly and fully completed and most of all legible. I have made some major changes to the registration forms already to resolve a lot of issues. Besides the database issue, another issue we have is the USPS. The USPS has each house’s address registered to the adults who live there. When mail to a child is sent to the address, the USPS will sometimes return it to us with a label that says “No such addressee, unable to forward”  This happens a lot when the child has a different last name. Also a lot of attendees have 2 addresses, their physical home address, and their mailing address. A lot of people only provide us with their physical address.  Because of these issues, I changed the reg form to have a secondary mail line (physical address, and mailing address), I also added an area for parental information. When an attendee is under 18 years of age (at convention’s dates) we will mail the badge out “CARE OF [C/O]” their parent. This will ensure the mail reaches the attendee. By initiating these steps, the “Will Call” should be decreased to less than 100 badges, maybe less than 50.

In the next few weeks, I and a few others will be going to the new venue, I will begin registration planning as soon as we go there.  

If you want to make it a better convention
PLEASE BECOME STAFF
Kumoricon is 100% Volunteer Staffed
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:11:20 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:35:34 am »
Sounds like a promising plan, Pyronine. Thank you, to you and all the staff and volunteers, who put so much work in to making the experience its best. I am really looking forward to next year. The line-processing adjustments sound like they'll be a major improvement.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ichi_Kagetora

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:45 pm »
Ok, So here's the deal. More than likely I will be the registration manager again. I have been planning for 2011 for a few weeks now.

Glad to here it. Despite the lines I think you did great.
When I am chasing my tail and catch my back leg instead, I will not bite down on my foot. This hurts, and my scream scares my human.

"Princess Yue doesn't need Appa: she's the moon, she can fly by herself."

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »
Pyro is right,

If you want to see the lines die down, we gotta have more volunteers, if you
do the math 4,000 attendees at 1 minute each is like 66 hours worth of
registration time, spanned over 3 days between 4 reg monkey's is still about
a 7 hour line-up, and depending on when you show up for that line you could
easily be waiting foooooreeeeverrrr. We can't rightly steal from other anemic
departments, like yoji or prog or gaming, and I sacrificed my team to registration
and other areas to help but that still doesn't cover the problem.

When the new Member-Elected Board is chosen, the ops director for that year
will chose a Registration manager and that person is going to have the super fun
awesome task of making two hotels work for registration. There are many ways
it could be done, we wont know until Ops and Reg sit down and talk it out sometime
after October. Heck, they might have to wait until January after the Executive
Pow Wow before they know the full layout of the Registration team and how best
to utilize them.

But as Pyro said, rest assured that everyone working reg this past year is really
really really pumped and excited for next year, and all the challenges and opportunities
that come along with that.

I'm just excited that we have so many people wanting to get involved or at least
asking questions about the process!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Dread Pirate

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:51:47 pm »
Where do I go to apply for Staff next year (yojimbo or otherwise), and how all can I help in the meantime?
Panel Staff 2012, 2013
Ballroom Coordinator 2014

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:51 pm »
If you want to see the lines die down, we gotta have more volunteers,

I  must respectfully disagree with this.  What we need is the computerized check in like we have in 2007.  4 staff killed the pre-reg line in 22 minutes Saturday morning and there was never a significant line after that.  Many confused people could not find pre-reg because the lack of line confused them.  10-key check in is blazingly fast.  That year we also had little cards that the maids gave to people at the ends of the lines, with pre and at-con that has the current time on them.  When they reached the front of the line they turned them in and then we knew the wait times for certain.

We are a bigger con now, but this is what we need to have almost no wait for pre-reg peoples:
*The needed hardware, and I know we have much of it already.
*The software.  The original is missing, but our lovely Treasurer coded us a new one.
*DRESS REHEARSAL.  We need PretendCon.  A group of core staffers must set up the system, check some people in and then tear it down and pack it up.  This way, the staff has hands on training and any critical errors can be fixed.  Like, if we are missing monitor cords or something like that.  At con, it is very easy to get hamstrung my stupid stuff like that. 
*DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

With the right tools, 4 people can power through a Saturday morning reg line in 22 minutes.  We have done it before.  We can do it again.   

Anyway, that is my buttinski $0.02.  I know that some of you were not at 2007.  The only change I would make from 2007 is that both reg desks should be in the same lobby.  Separating the desks that much was too hard on people with problem registration who got bounced from desk to desk.  Also, when pre-reg is dead, they can easily go over and help at-con, or be taking reg forms and entering the data. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:41 pm »

DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

With the right tools, 4 people can power through a Saturday morning reg line in 22 minutes.  We have done it before.  We can do it again.   

You are right, I'd forgotten about this option, of course I'd NEVER consider throwing untrained staff at Reg (Throwing people at anything isn't really a good idea.... ^_^ )

Either an awesome sauce computer system or an even more awesome company that runs reg for us...
something... anything... and I know that the people invested in this will figure it out. But still, we need more people in registration, because everyone needs a break... and working reg all day every day, is killer...

But Dawn is correct, a good system will trump 10 people who have no clue what they are doing any day.

But isn't that what good staff training is for? ^________^
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »

DO NOT just toss untrained staffers at registration.  You toss warm bodies at reg at con and there are problems.  I had a volunteer placed at my desk in 2007 who was letting people in without parental permission forms, among other things.  Untrained volunteers can help registration by taking over swagbag hand out, getting them water, making sure they have eaten and making by giving them quick backrubs.  That is about it. 

You are right, I'd forgotten about this option, of course I'd NEVER consider throwing untrained staff at Reg (Throwing people at anything isn't really a good idea.... ^_^ )

Either an awesome sauce computer system or an even more awesome company that runs reg for us...
something... anything... and I know that the people invested in this will figure it out. But still, we need more people in registration, because everyone needs a break... and working reg all day every day, is killer...

But Dawn is correct, a good system will trump 10 people who have no clue what they are doing any day.

But isn't that what good staff training is for? ^________^

A dress rehearsal is basically hands on staff training, showing instead of telling.  I want PretendCon to happen.  I was only able to have a clue what I was doing in 2007 due to MiniCon.  I am only able to help with tech stuff from time to time due to KLite and other mini events. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »
Yes, that is a wonderful sounding idea!
I seriously thought the people I had to pass in line who didn't already have their badges on them were going to KILL me for "cutting" I was scared....  :'( :'(

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Develynia

• Cabbit
    • Deviant Art Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 11:49:44 pm »
This may not be the best place to ask, or maybe it is I'm not sure. I've never been to the new location but I'm wondering how big Artist's Alley will be next year. I'm hoping to get a table this time. If I've posted this in the wrong area please feel free to delete or move it.
"Most good judgement comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgement."

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 11:56:35 pm »
While probably not the correct place, I can answer the question
quickly as it coincides with most questions;

Until we have a new board, we wont know where all the programming
will be.

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline majorspiegelyspooch

• Sailor Scout
    • BEWARE
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 06:07:32 am »
So now theres a new location where the con will be but is it in 2 different hotels now or just one? if its just one then what location? Cause that's just really bothering me

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »
Events will be in both hotels.

Offline Kasper

• Oni
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »
How far apart are the hotels? Too far and with bad weather will have some people very upset.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »
How far apart are the hotels? Too far and with bad weather will have some people very upset.

Two words:

Simple. Cosplay. At least for me ><

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:35 am »

The hotels are about 3 blocks apart, that's a 5 minute walk for the average person. There's not much to be concerned about with that, so let's be hoping for nice weather!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 01:06:30 am »

The hotels are about 3 blocks apart, that's a 5 minute walk for the average person. There's not much to be concerned about with that, so let's be hoping for nice weather!

nice, yet not blistering hot
This years was perrrrfect

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:23 am »
I'd hope for cloudy but not rainy, or light but not warm. Both my costumes require a semi-bleak atmosphere, so cloudy (but dry) would be perfect for me.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:47 pm »
I'd hope for cloudy but not rainy, or light but not warm. Both my costumes require a semi-bleak atmosphere, so cloudy (but dry) would be perfect for me.

I agree about the weather, that would be awesome. It would be kinda cool if it was foggy as well, I love fog! :D
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:07:20 pm »

I agree about the weather, that would be awesome. It would be kinda cool if it was foggy as well, I love fog! :D

Fog would make for such a beautiful atmosphere for photos. It's never happened before, but it'd be pretty amazing.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »
Hey Everyone,

Can we please get back on topic. This thread is for REGISTRATION.

Please limit your posts to matters concerning it (the weather is not part of registration).

Thank You
=^_^=

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »
Alright! on topic question. ^^

I went to Uwajimaya today, and noticed that their Festival of Japan ( or something along those lines) is coming up on....the 25th and 26th I believe? Sometime around then. I usually register at the first festival Uwajimaya has after the con.

So my question is, does Kumoricon plan to have a booth at this festival that pre-registration can take place at?

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:07:31 pm »
Alright! on topic question. ^^

I went to Uwajimaya today, and noticed that their Festival of Japan ( or something along those lines) is coming up on....the 25th and 26th I believe? Sometime around then. I usually register at the first festival Uwajimaya has after the con.

So my question is, does Kumoricon plan to have a booth at this festival that pre-registration can take place at?

Good question, and now i will go ask publicity if we are having a booth there.

Update (5 min later)

I just went to their web site. there is nothing listed for any festival or anything other than Korean food week
 http://www.uwajimaya.com/EventCalendar.php?setyear=2010&setmonth=9&selcal=Beaverton&mcount=0&elist=&mtype=
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:13:05 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:42 am »
I just went to their web site. there is nothing listed for any festival or anything other than Korean food week
 http://www.uwajimaya.com/EventCalendar.php?setyear=2010&setmonth=9&selcal=Beaverton&mcount=0&elist=&mtype=

They often put stuff on their calendar at the last second. I would not doubt they are having an event just on account of that. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »

Fog would make for such a beautiful atmosphere for photos. It's never happened before, but it'd be pretty amazing.

Seriously! :D, I agree.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »
The thing about this last con's pre-reg line that didn't seem to add up for me was the pace of it. It literally moved a dozen people every ten to twenty minutes. Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

Given that lets say 20 people still had address issues, and given that the lines were (covers eyes, throws dart) 1000 attendees long at any given time, did it take an extra hour (for the time i spent in line) to deal with 20 people?

Also, should there be a line for people ready with badges and I.D. (and/or guardians) separate from people with parental forms?

Also yet, bless the weather and the other fantastic cosplayers that came down into the garage to entertain us, including the Cap'n Hammer/Dr. Horrible duet.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 05:07:37 am »
Speaking of the garage- it was a good idea so people wouldn't be out baking in the sun- but this time around and without AC in there it was actually cooler outside then it was in that muggy/stuffy area.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 06:34:54 am »
Speaking of the garage- it was a good idea so people wouldn't be out baking in the sun- but this time around and without AC in there it was actually cooler outside then it was in that muggy/stuffy area.

Fyi, we moved it into their because if you attended last year, the line looped around the hotel and was in the rain 99% of the time. We had no idea is was going to be that nice outside, and due to fire code, we had to move the lines from last year. Granted it was cooler outside than inside but that was only if you were walking, people standing in line for the short 50' it was outside, we roasting.
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

What day were you working? Omg, i wish this was true. The pre-reg table was the slowest table fri and sat? to say that the average person made it through in 30 seconds would be awesome, when in reality it was 2-5 minutes per person as there were some major issues. the only reason it didnt back the line up is that we moved them to a seperate area for issues, but it was still slow moving. 

Also, should there be a line for people ready with badges and I.D. (and/or guardians) separate from people with parental forms?

next year may have seperate lines for everything. It all depends on if our new system is working or not. If it is working it will drop line times drastically.
=^_^=

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 02:00:08 pm »

What day were you working? Omg, i wish this was true. The pre-reg table was the slowest table fri and sat? to say that the average person made it through in 30 seconds would be awesome, when in reality it was 2-5 minutes per person as there were some major issues. the only reason it didnt back the line up is that we moved them to a seperate area for issues, but it was still slow moving. 

Saturday, from about 10-2. When we got to the top of the escalator next to the info desk, the split people with cards to the left, and without to the right.
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:12 am »
i turn 18 in june so if pre register now will i still get the blue badge
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:06 am »
Yes you will still get a blue badge if you pre reg anytime for next year if you are 18 by con or day of con (if that makes sense, I just woke up right now...)

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 01:30:58 pm »
yay >w< thank u i just wanted to double check.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 09:20:04 pm »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

You will need to bring either a current State ID, Drivers License, or a Student ID (2010-2011 or 2011-2012 for next year if between 13 and 17 years of age) when you check in or pick up your badge next year

edited: because pyro yelled at me...:'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:22:40 pm by That_Guy »

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »
awesome

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:49:09 am »
double post sorry.   if ur still a student when ur 18 do u need state id or not

You will need to bring either a current State ID, Drivers License, or a Student ID (2010-2011 or 2011-2012 for next year) when you check in or pick up your badge next year

Apparently "that Guy" is only partially correct.

Once you hit 18 yrs of age, we can only accept a state or government issued Picture ID with you age listed.

Student Id's are only good for attendees 17 yrs old and under as they normally do not list your birth date on it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:52:15 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 06:58:13 am »
Yes you will still get a blue badge if you pre reg anytime for next year if you are 18 by con or day of con (if that makes sense, I just woke up right now...)

The way it works, is this. If your 18th birthday falls before or on the Friday before the con (last year was the 3rd, 2011 is the 2nd), we consider you to be 18 at Con and you will receive a blue badge. If your  18th birthday falls on Sat, Sun, or Mon, You will get a youth or child badge when you register. Upon your birthday,  you can go see the Registration Manager (or an Asst Manager) to upgrade it to an Adult badge. 
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:20 pm »
discount codes for hotels? this is sorta on topic. and you said online pre reg will be up mid october yes?
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:55 am »
discount codes for hotels? this is sorta on topic. and you said online pre reg will be up mid october yes?

We just elected our new board of directors, they need time to set things up. Mid to late october is when reg should be up. The hotel discount codes (if any) may be online at the same time. Please check the hotel thread for info on this.
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:50 pm »
okey dokey. thanks!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 02:27:45 pm »
is it me or does it say there is a cap for 2011 too? >.<
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 03:56:27 pm »

Yet I know that once the badged pre-regs got to the tables, the staff cleared ten people in one or two minutes. It took me about thirty seconds personally.

I'm not sure, but the wording of "badged pre-regs" makes me think it might be in reference to when Ian came up with the idea of laptop check-in for people who just needed validation stickers. He and I worked from our laptops checking people off the master list, and were able to pretty much blaze through everyone we saw. The only part that took more than 30 seconds was validating minors.

Unfortunately, there probably were a lot of people who were stuck in line despite only needing validation, and this might be what Venusgate's referring to. From what I heard, there was some confusion - people thought their orders were to Keep Everyone In The Same Line No Matter What and were afraid of getting yelled at if they did otherwise. (Which, given the meidos-pulling-people-out-of-line-and-sending-them-to-Info-Desk debacle, is understandable.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »

We probably will cap for 2011, but "it" doesn't say this (if by "it" you mean the web site or a forum post). The online information is still nearly all 2010 information (it will change over to 2011 very soon though).

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 10:02:47 am »

We probably will cap for 2011, but "it" doesn't say this (if by "it" you mean the web site or a forum post). The online information is still nearly all 2010 information (it will change over to 2011 very soon though).

Thank you Jeff, Yes there will be a cap for 2011 however the board needs to sit down with the hotels and figure out what our cap should be at. This will be done within the next 2 months. We are currently at 31 Pre-registered (from last day of 2010 con, and 2010 festival Japan at Uwajimaya's). Currently Pre-reg is closed until the board of directors determine the prices for 2011. We plan on opening pre-reg sometime soon. It was originally scheduled to open in late October, this may be set back by a few weeks due to issues.

Please check here or the main page www.kumoricon.org for Registration updates

2010 Reg Mgr (2011?)
=^_^=

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 10:04:29 pm »
pyro, you're idea just made me soooo happy ^_^ as a reg staffee and conner XD

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 11:04:38 am »
I feel like I'm a ranting customer, but the pre- reg is still not open! I would like to purchase my ticket soon.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 02:38:01 pm »
I feel like I'm a ranting customer, but the pre- reg is still not open! I would like to purchase my ticket soon.

As a 2010 reg staffer (and signing up for 2011 at this upcoming meeting), after reading that, I suddenly realized that half of me was dreading the 10 months of data inputs and badge making but the other half was totally pumped for it, which I have to admit... kinda creeped me out...

Even though we haven't opened pre reg yet doesn't mean that we are not working hard preparing for 2011 because that all we ever talk about really... I wish we had lives...

Oh and just to let you know, pyro doesn't sleep, the bed at his house is just for show, he's working THAT HARD!

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 02:40:10 pm »

I am sorry it is still closed, after the General Meeting this Saturday, I will be posting when Pre-reg will open.
It may be as soon as Halloween (not a promise). We still need to work out some logistical issues before it can open.
=^_^=

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »

Oh and just to let you know, pyro doesn't sleep, the bed at his house is just for show, he's working THAT HARD!

Naw, I just dont sleep, But i do work on it all the time. The joys of retirement.
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »
yays! Thats what I like to hear. and dont push yourself too hard. I <3 the con staff.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 08:12:57 pm »
And the con staff <3's you. :)

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 08:19:52 pm »
yays! i is loved!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 08:51:37 pm »

So we are still waiting on a few minor things to open Registration.

I can not say when it is opening up. I will announce it when I am told I can officially announce it.

In my opinion it may be less than 2 weeks, but don't hold me to it

=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »
REALLY?! -wags imaginary tail- im super excited now!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 12:35:48 am »
This last year we were all in one line and then split up in a very confusing fashion once we got fully into the hotel.
Is there a way to make this more organized?
Supposedly there were two lines when you got up there but they were poorly distinct and it seemed like a very confusing process, even for the yojimbos who were there. One was doing things one way and another seemed to be doing things in a completely different fashion. So maybe some better communication?
Also, the two lines had no real distinction to keep them separate (Badges and pick up as this was Day 0.).

Maybe if there was a bigger area for check in on at least Day 0 (In my opinion there could have been a more planned out and designed area to give more space for people to move and hold lines.) then there could be the two lines for pick up and badge holders which go in opposite directions? This would probably deplete a lot of confusion.
Someone said earlier that the longest process was for checking in minors? For those who already have badges, they could also be put into two separate lines. One of these would be for minors and the other for adults. You would have a set amount of people for each and it could probably quicken up the process.
The above would also reduce confusion because the workers would be focused on one specific area of check in and not have to switch back and forth between paperwork and trying to multitask between who randomly comes up to them next.

If you don't understand this I could type up a technical document with a greater description of what I mean.

And I apologies if I'm stepping out of my boundaries.
I do wish to be a staff member but I probably won't be moving to Portland until after my Winter 2011 quarter.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 04:51:08 am »
This last year we were all in one line and then split up in a very confusing fashion once we got fully into the hotel.
Supposedly there were two lines when you got up there but they were poorly distinct and it seemed like a very confusing process, even for the yojimbos who were there. One was doing things one way and another seemed to be doing things in a completely different fashion. So maybe some better communication?
Also, the two lines had no real distinction to keep them separate (Badges and pick up as this was Day 0.).

This is because somebody decided to make their own decisions without checking with management. The lines we not meant to split, the one splitting them decided, on their own, that will call was separate from pre-reg. THEY WERE NOT!!!

Maybe if there was a bigger area for check in on at least Day 0 (In my opinion there could have been a more planned out and designed area to give more space for people to move and hold lines.) then there could be the two lines for pick up and badge holders which go in opposite directions? This would probably deplete a lot of confusion.
Someone said earlier that the longest process was for checking in minors? For those who already have badges, they could also be put into two separate lines. One of these would be for minors and the other for adults. You would have a set amount of people for each and it could probably quicken up the process.
The above would also reduce confusion because the workers would be focused on one specific area of check in and not have to switch back and forth between paperwork and trying to multitask between who randomly comes up to them next.

It should take the exact same amount of time to check in a minor as an adult would. Id has to be verified no matter what, it may take an extra second to look at the birth year but that's about it.  Since we have not seen our venue for registration, I can not say how the lines will work. However, I plan on having separate lines for (at con, pre-reg, and will call). We are also working on a registration computer system to improve the check in speed.  The largest issue that backed up the lines was something that happened 5 months before con, and caused us to have over 750 will call badges.

I do wish to be a staff member but I probably won't be moving to Portland until after my Winter 2011 quarter.

You are not. We want to know, from you the customer, what was good or bad about reg. It is so we may improve ourselves. If you want to be staff, please come to one of the general meetings. We may have a meeting in Salem and/or Eugene sometime before con, to allow staff sign-ups of our friends further away. The meetings are usually once a month. I hope you do become staff, we can always use more help. We were super under staffed this year. This is (in my opinion) the reason why we had so many issues and part of why the line times were so long.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:52:58 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:45 pm »

This is because somebody decided to make their own decisions without checking with management. The lines we not meant to split, the one splitting them decided, on their own, that will call was separate from pre-reg. THEY WERE NOT!!!

I heard it was separate from the person who will called my badge.  Seeing how a lot of people in line were told this, most of the staff should have heard this too.  If the staff know, how come the director/manager didn't know and resolve the misunderstanding to the staff?

It should take the exact same amount of time to check in a minor as an adult would. Id has to be verified no matter what, it may take an extra second to look at the birth year but that's about it.  Since we have not seen our venue for registration, I can not say how the lines will work. However, I plan on having separate lines for (at con, pre-reg, and will call). We are also working on a registration computer system to improve the check in speed.  The largest issue that backed up the lines was something that happened 5 months before con, and caused us to have over 750 will call badges.

Wouldn't will call only take 30 seconds longer then pre-reg?  All they have to do is find the badge.  I know I was at the reg table for a few minutes just watching my staffer running around doing things to get my badge to me.

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:12 pm »
what irked me was that I had pre regged like in november for and my badge was in will call due to a mix up. I was not very pleased about that.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 07:57:56 pm »
what irked me was that I had pre regged like in november for and my badge was in will call due to a mix up. I was not very pleased about that.

Let me know if you have any issues this year. I only became manager in June, 3 months before con, so I do not know what happened before my time other than some issues in April-May.

Please send your messages to registration@kumoricon.org and not my personal mailbox (PM) here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:59:10 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »
will do. I would love to be a staff member... but im gonna be in a skit, help out with like 4 panels, AND figure out a way to bring home like 3 cases of ramene (preparing for college)
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 08:14:31 pm »
AND figure out a way to bring home like 3 cases of ramene (preparing for college)
Order it online?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2010, 08:15:33 pm »

I see...
What kind of system are you creating?
I know it's not exactly a 'system' but an Excel spread sheet could work wonders even if just for practice. (Names don't need to be in alphabetical order and can be put in as they come in. Then, when you want them alphabetized you just highlight everything you need alphabetized, right click, Sort, A-Z (Oldest to Newest). Then it will sort everything for you alphabetical by first and last names. Plus, you can easily search the document with CTRL+F)

You are not. We want to know, from you the customer, what was good or bad about reg. It is so we may improve ourselves. If you want to be staff, please come to one of the general meetings. We may have a meeting in Salem and/or Eugene sometime before con, to allow staff sign-ups of our friends further away. The meetings are usually once a month. I hope you do become staff, we can always use more help. We were super under staffed this year. This is (in my opinion) the reason why we had so many issues and part of why the line times were so long.
Sadly, I live in Tri-Cities, WA. So meetings in Salem and/or Eugene only makes it more difficult for me since they are in the opposite direction. ^^;

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »
AND figure out a way to bring home like 3 cases of ramene (preparing for college)
Order it online?
but at kcon, its like $30 a case.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2010, 11:59:46 pm »
All I know was when I was told to walk ahead all those people who didn't already have badges, I got the DEATH GLARE because they thought I was cutting. Scary... scary otaku ><

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2010, 12:32:14 am »
LOL, well just act like you are an anime star, and glance back like they are dirt beneath your feet, chin raised high.  Maybe start a conversation as you walk with someone else who is getting 'pushed forward' about how unpleasant it is to be surrounded by people who don't understand what pre-reg is, and laugh.  That will show them!  :D

Offline hanawaya

• Cabbit
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2010, 01:44:37 am »
@Gryffinclaw Princess: I fully understand your feelings towards the Eugene and Salem meetings. I live in the Puget Sound area of Washington and would love to see a meeting farther north. From the 2010 staff list there are 8 people from Eugene, 6 people from Salem and 18 people north of Olympia WA: 9 of which are from Seattle and 3 from Renton. I would love to see meetings farther north for northern Washington people to register at.

Also having worked Reg in 2009, Registration can always use more staff!!!
It also helps a lot if you are kind to the Reg staff. Sometimes we just really need it. :)
2010 Information Manager
2009 Registration Staff

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2010, 01:52:05 am »
@Gryffinclaw Princess: I fully understand your feelings towards the Eugene and Salem meetings. I live in the Puget Sound area of Washington and would love to see a meeting farther north. From the 2010 staff list there are 8 people from Eugene, 6 people from Salem and 18 people north of Olympia WA: 9 of which are from Seattle and 3 from Renton.

There are 11 in the Eugene metro area (8 in Eugene, 3 in Springfield), and 4 further out (3 in Bend, 1 in Klamath Falls). There are 15 clustered broadly around Salem: 7 in Salem itself, 3 in Dallas, 2 in Aumsville, and 3 in Corvallis.

So more accurately, it should be 26 (or maybe even 30--but not 14) measured against 18. The 157 clustered around the Portland metro area, of course, are about 2 hours from a Eugene meeting, and 2 hours + 45 minutes from a Seattle meeting.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2010, 01:55:09 am »
Hanawaya: Yeah but even that wouldn't really help me. ^^; I live in Eastern Washington (An hour from WallaWalla). It's a four hour trip to Portland, 1.5-2 to Spokane, and four to Seattle. I'm hoping to move to Portland in the Spring of next year but we'll see what happens. :/
Hopefully it won't be too late for me to attend some meetings and join the staff. I'm real big on joining things like clubs and becoming staff/council.
I went to the first gamers club meeting at my college on a whim and I was voted Treasurer...I'm a freshman in my first quarter and none of them knew me. I just talked smart so they figured I would be good at that job... Not that I mind!

So yeah, I want to help because that's my thing.
Even if I can't be staff, I am happy to give ideas or help on the side lines. ^^
I'm a Technical Writing student this quarter so I'm learning a lot of business stuff in dealing with paperwork and I've always been good at organizing things so yeah... I'm here to help. |D

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2010, 03:09:02 am »
@Gryffinclaw Princess - Which department were you looking to join?  I think you might live near our current Prog Director.  So, if you were looking to join the content side of things, you might be able to sign up with her outside of a meeting. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »
Any department is fine. I just want to be able to help in some way. ^^
Wherever my skills would work best is what will satisfy me.

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2010, 08:52:45 pm »
Sooo im wondering is there a specific age to be staff? (probably)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:57 am »
Sooo im wondering is there a specific age to be staff? (probably)

You must be 16 years old at the time of the convention to be staff.

I live in Eastern Washington (An hour from WallaWalla).

I work in Pasco.... if you want to meet-up sometime and talk about joining con staff, PM or email me and we can work something out ;)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2010, 10:17:42 am »
^^ Sweet, thanks! I live in Pasco. XP
But Ill PM you when I get a break. Im in class right now. (CBC)

Offline loroo

• Oni
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »
Still no registration information or updates to the main page?  I'm confused.  We've also been VIPs before and it takes forever to get information.  Seems like you'd want to court the previous VIPs (hey, they had money enough to pay more for the perks) as well as encouraging new ones.

Also, any thoughts about helping people who have mobility issues get from hotel to hotel quickly and safely?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2010, 08:55:02 pm »
Loroo: Registration -

Until the site rolls over, we can not have Online registration or Mail-in (apparently). But we have had registration at mini-events.

I would love to say when it will be available, but the website needs to roll over to 2011 before anything can happen.

Pyro is correct on this. Until I have everything greenlighted for the website and prepared for the simultaneous roll over (It's more than just pretty pretty pictures yo! This takes some work! and I'm still learning Publicity!) I wont be letting reg open there stuff.

A clean opening of the new website IS coming, which will include the awesome sauce of pre-reg! I really like whats coming for the website, and the potential for even more awesome things!

Don't worry folks, we wont let you go without registering for much longer, we just want to make sure the website and the programs are the BEST they can BE before you see'em, nothing half baked is coming out of my Publicity Kitchen!

^_^

For Disabilities questions: Here
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:55:47 pm by Gryffinclaw Princess »

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2010, 05:18:25 am »
Still no registration information or updates to the main page?  I'm confused.  We've also been VIPs before and it takes forever to get information.  Seems like you'd want to court the previous VIPs (hey, they had money enough to pay more for the perks) as well as encouraging new ones.

Also, any thoughts about helping people who have mobility issues get from hotel to hotel quickly and safely?

I am sorry that registration is not available yet. I do not have a reason why, as I do not know myself.
Please email operations@kumoricon.org with your complaints about registration not being open.
=^_^=

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2010, 08:20:33 am »
I understand that the website is still under construction, however, couldnt there be a way to prereg via phone or more meetups where we can pre reg? that would be fantabulous. cuz im stuck either waiting for payday or saving the money for the ticket. (im not the most patient person in the world)
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:16 am »
I understand that the website is still under construction, however, couldnt there be a way to prereg via phone or more meetups where we can pre reg? that would be fantabulous. cuz im stuck either waiting for payday or saving the money for the ticket. (im not the most patient person in the world)

I am working on trying to get the people above me to open it regardless of the website rolling over to 2011
=^_^=

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2010, 07:22:34 pm »
This isnt a registartion question but is there like a sign up place for 2011 skits?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:38 pm »
This isnt a registartion question but is there like a sign up place for 2011 skits?

That will be under the Cosplay section of the forums, and not until the new year.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »
Okay thank you ;D

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2010, 02:40:34 pm »

I am working on trying to get the people above me to open it regardless of the website rolling over to 2011
REALLY!? that would seriously make us impatient people very happy.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »

If you are ... then you are not talking to the right people because they did not know you were 'working on' them.  There are people working on this.  If you are concerned about how things are being handled or do not know who to talk to, ask me.  It is Vice's job to push you in the right direction and make things are handled properly :)  Things need to happen in a certain order.  If you are interested in helping, that is awesome.  However, saying 'working on' us can imply some ... odd things. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 04:31:08 pm »

If you are ... then you are not talking to the right people because they did not know you were 'working on' them.  There are people working on this.  If you are concerned about how things are being handled or do not know who to talk to, ask me.  It is Vice's job to push you in the right direction and make things are handled properly :)  Things need to happen in a certain order.  If you are interested in helping, that is awesome.  However, saying 'working on' us can imply some ... odd things. 
Whatever happens, I'll just be happy when I can pay for my ticket.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »
@Steelychan: YEAH!

~~~Dream Sequence~~~

A scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fades in from black, people of all sizes and shapes and Cosplays gather at the gates to a big and colorful mansion with beautifully crafted iron gates which read in a Bank Gothic font "KUMORICON 2011" Many of those standing around are waving signs and flailing their arms wildly. A few people are holding steady at the front of the mass, ensuring they are the first to enter once the gates open. Music is playing softly and can barely be heard over the crowd's ruckous as "The Game" and "Mah-nah-mah-Nah" as well as many other tired meme's are chanted by the group. Clearly something big is about to happen here at the gates to Kumoricon. A young woman dressed in a sky blue Gi runs up to the crowd, maneuvering her way through the masses to come to those at the front of the line. As she approaches them they can see that the Gi she is wearing has recently been altered and a large cloud shaped patch has been placed over another, smaller, older patch. The new one, clearly states in signifies her as koukokusha, or an advertiser.

Koukokusha: Whats going on here? What's the party for?

Person 1: We are waiting for Pre-Registration to open! We want to go to K-con 2011!

Koukokusha:
Oh! Yes! I'm excited for it too! So you guys are here waiting for the registration to open!?

Person 2:
Yes! We can't wait! Why is it taking so long....!

Koukokusha: Oh! I can tell you that! It's because they are making everything shiny and perfect for the grand opening! I'm so excited to see it! It's gonna be beautiful! Did you hear we have a BOY mascot???

Everyone: I KNOW!!! SQUEEEE!!!

~~~Fade Dream Sequence~~~

Wait... what were we talking about again?

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2010, 11:48:35 am »
Okay, i sound like a broken record but i really really want to buy my ticket before christmas. cuz then i can put aside the moneys for this wondrous event.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »
Don't worry! You don't sound like a broken record! Believe me I want the website up just as much (maybe more!) as you do!

There are just a few lose ends to tie up, mostly dealing with exactly what you want (getting your registration to con) but as soon as those are all fit and the system is functioning tip top, we will have it launched.

I do apologize that it isn't up yet, but I promise you we (and by we I mean mostly Jeff hehehe!) are working very very hard to get the system out and the website up for you in the very very very near future!

I really appreciate your patience on this guys... I know it's just not real until you've got your tickets purchased so I am glad you guys are raring to go for this year!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2010, 12:24:48 pm »
okay! that sounds good. just checking in.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 03:04:38 am »
If I get a normal weekend badge, can I upgrade to a VIP at any point if at the time there are any left?
(Don't wanna pay $200 till I know the guests are ones I'm interested in)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:03 pm »
I'll get in contact with the Registration yokels and find out (Actually I'll ask the board and THEN I'll tell the registration yokels so it's known throughout the land) I'm thinking that it might be possible but then again for other "special" registrations they say NOT to register as a reg attendee... so...

Yeah I'd wait until we get a straight up answer! But I have seen the query (as have others I'm sure)!
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2011, 10:46:00 pm »
now that i have bought my ticket, i have one question. when will i get my ticket? cuz it took almost 9 months for me to get mine last year. so you can see why im a bit concerned.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2011, 01:41:14 pm »
now that i have bought my ticket, i have one question. when will i get my ticket? cuz it took almost 9 months for me to get mine last year. so you can see why im a bit concerned.

I apologize that you had to wait so long for your badge last year...

But I can tell you that soon (Next weekend to be exact) the Reg Team is gathering together to start working on badges so you should get your badge soon enough.

Hope that helps!

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2011, 01:48:23 pm »
thats music to my ears.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2011, 07:44:15 pm »
but i don't want to spend my weekends doing badges for these crazy otakus :P <3

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2011, 07:50:34 pm »
if you need help with all of those badges, im more than happy to help (except not this weekend cuz i have pneumonia and im trying to get better asap)
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »
that'd be awesome sauce but not sure if jo and company would be okay with it.. hmz ._. maybe she would be? not sure @.@

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2011, 10:40:41 pm »
just let me know. i can work on sundays cuz thats when i do my volunteer work.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2011, 01:16:52 am »
hmz you could try signing a volunteer form to volunteer for con actually :) cuz i think volunteering prior to con time i think actually still counts. not sure about that, but you should try :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:15:27 am by luvan1me »

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »
Hey, so I am highly interested in getting my Red Lion room reserved ASAP but I notice that when I try to book the room, the rates are not the same as those listed on this site and that there currently isn't a convention code for the room block that Kumoricon plans on using. So what is recommended for those wishing to reserve (especially since I would like my room as close to the ground floor as possible so that stairs may actually be a reasonable alternative to enduring the elevator traffic)? Is there going to be a convention code, and when would that be available? (I apologize if this isn't directly related to registration. I shall hope for forgiveness for my thread transgressions)
Why yes. I did draw that myself. How could you tell? I'm sorry too.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:14 am »
I apologize for the delay.

The Hotel Blocks have not yet been opened yet, so do not worry that we are running out of rooms; no one has been allowed to make a reservation yet!

The hotel block should be open VERY soon, myself and the current Facilities Liaison will be getting that code out by the next staff meeting (hopefully, just need to meet with the hotels) or shortly after. Rest assured we are working very hard to get that room block reservation system set up with the hotel and available to you asap!
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 12:15:05 am »
Thanks for getting back to me on this :) It is good to know that we are not painfully behind in reserving the rooms XD Last year we ended up on the 15th floor. That was...healthy? Carrying grocery bags of snacks and luggage up 15 flights was certainly a test of our mettle but apparently not more so than waiting for an elevator XD I run with an impatient bunch ;P Speaking of impatient, when should I be checking back? Two weeks? Two months?

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:29 pm »
I'd say in between those two, I hate promising dates cause my luck tends to fall me flat on my tooshie when I do, but I know for sure it will NOT be 2 months out! However, 2 weeks is pushing my luck with our Facilities Liaison (and it his rodeo anyway, I'm just along for the ride!) I believe he or I will make a post on the website, and forums once he has released the code so rooms can start getting booked!
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:00 pm »
Alrighty :D Thanks much! I really appreciate all the work you guys put into the convention!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:42:22 pm by Saiyusa »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »
I'm not sure if this is right place or not but I need to ask is the Kumoricon code for the Hilton up yet?
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:36 pm »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:22 am »
Yeah, that's right I was here first ;P

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »
Okay Kumoricon staff got a question for. I just recieved a Kumoricon badge dark bllue in color with a lighter blue stripe at the bottom, the Kumoricon mascot on the left hand sde and my badge name, real name and Kumoricon 2011  logo all written in black letters. Now my question to youm is this the V.I.P. badge. Because if it is than that was quick.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »
You might want to direct that question to the registration department itself via e-mail at registration@kumoricon.org .  You'll probably get a faster response that way.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »
Okay thanks Washougal_Otaku.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »
You're welcome!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline xXseleneXx

• Oni
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2011, 01:41:09 pm »
I just got my badge in the mail today. :)
Thank you very much Kumoricon staff!! :D

Okay Kumoricon staff got a question for. I just recieved a Kumoricon badge dark bllue in color with a lighter blue stripe at the bottom, the Kumoricon mascot on the left hand sde and my badge name, real name and Kumoricon 2011  logo all written in black letters. Now my question to youm is this the V.I.P. badge. Because if it is than that was quick.

I dunno if this helps you much but my badge looks the exact same as your description except for I bought the weekend badge, not a V.I.P. badge. :o
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:45:11 pm by xXseleneXx »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2011, 01:58:47 pm »
Britt and my sister got their badges a couple days ago. Yay! Now just waiting for mine (which was ordered at the same time, so hopefully it didn't get lost).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »
Hey I got my badge in the mail but I'm wondering if I got the right one. Last years and the year before with color of the badges they were yellow for the ages 17 and under, now they're red. I'm curious if they changed or if I got the wrong one. =/ I am 16. btw.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:12:46 pm by Chromophobic »

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2011, 08:13:53 pm »
Hey I got my badge in the mail but I'm wondering if I got the right one. Last years and the year before with color of the badges they were yellow for the ages 17 and under, now they're red. I'm curious if they changed or if I got the wrong one. =/ I am 16. btw.

If you are 16 your badge should be yellow (ages 13-17) not red (ages 12 and under).

We apologize for any trouble this has caused you so right now all I can do is direct you to email us at registration@kumoricon.org if you haven't yet and we will try to respond as soon as we can to fix this problem.

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »

If you are 16 your badge should be yellow (ages 13-17) not red (ages 12 and under).

We apologize for any trouble this has caused you so right now all I can do is direct you to email us at registration@kumoricon.org if you haven't yet and we will try to respond as soon as we can to fix this problem.
Thank you for the help. ^.^

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
What ever happend to the suggestions thread? Anyway I guess I'll put this here~
I got my badge but was taken aback by how dark it was, I can't read it from far away at all, so how is staff going to be able to see people's names on their badges? Shouldn't the lettering be in white?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:39:47 pm by kimiski »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

I'm not sure exactly which thread you're thinking of, but I can confirm that no lengthy thread was deleted. A thread like that would be in the "General Kumoricon" forum area, and you can look back through the pages (they are sorted by date of the last post by default), use the forum's search feature, or browse through a specific user's posts (if you remember a specific post in it) to help find it.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

I'm not sure exactly which thread you're thinking of, but I can confirm that no lengthy thread was deleted. A thread like that would be in the "General Kumoricon" forum area, and you can look back through the pages (they are sorted by date of the last post by default), use the forum's search feature, or browse through a specific user's posts (if you remember a specific post in it) to help find it.

It was something along the lines of, "Help, Suggestions and complaints" and it itself wasn't a thread, but had threads in it where people could make their own topics of suggestions and what not. I think it's been gone for a while :/

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:42 pm »
It was something along the lines of, "Help, Suggestions and complaints" and it itself wasn't a thread, but had threads in it where people could make their own topics of suggestions and what not. I think it's been gone for a while :/

Oh, that's right. Yes, we reorganized the forum awhile back, and that area was removed as it was redundant.

But, all the threads were moved into either the "General Kumoricon" area, or one of the more specific sub-areas (like Panels, Fan Creations, Cosplay), and no threads were deleted. Just shuffled around.

But you're right, this is now the correct forum area to post general suggestions for Kumoricon, so your post is in the right place. :)

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2011, 10:24:37 pm »
Still anxiously awaiting the Hotel Reservation code XD Specifically for Red Lion. Any specific date set for when that will be released yet?

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2011, 02:10:25 am »

This is not the VIP badge. We've been waiting to get all the VIP badges done, and will be mailing them shortly. All of the currently registered VIPs got regular adult badges in the mail as our online order system didn't differentiate between the two (it placed them in the regular database, as well as the VIP specific one). Rest assured, that you will get your VIP badge soon :)
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2011, 02:30:29 am »
I am starting to get a little nervous about hotel reservations :/ I keep worrying I am going to miss when the code comes out. Will it be posted on the location page first or somewhere else? Has there been a date set around which it's planning to be finalized so I can mark my calendar or something to make sure I don't miss it? My only option right now is checking every day. I figure that since the code is being released much later, there will be more people reserving as soon as it comes out than usual. I just don't want to forget to check and miss out on a chance for a good room.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2011, 02:32:44 am »
When it is announced, it will be announced in the main news, so you can subscribe to the RSS feed of the web site to avoid missing it.

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2011, 02:35:24 am »
How do I subscribe?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2011, 02:38:24 am »
The URL is:

For most RSS readers, you can just point it at the front page (www.kumoricon.org) and it will find it. In case not, the URL is:

http://www.kumoricon.org/?feed=rss2

Google Reader is a popular reader. Some web browsers (like Opera) can subscribe directly, and many email programs (if you use a mail program on your computer, instead of webmail) can subscribe.

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2011, 02:42:35 am »
I don't understand. When I click on RSS on the main page or the link you provided, I get endless script. How can I 'subscribe' to it? You mean have updates sent to my e-mail, correct?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2011, 02:45:39 am »
You need to use an RSS reader application to subscribe. We don't email it to you. One service that will email you news articles from an RSS feed is Feed My Inbox.

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2011, 02:50:14 am »
So I paste the '---feed=rss2' url that you provided into where it asks for the website url?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:51 am »

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2011, 03:35:40 am »
Alrighty! I am successfully subscribed :) Thanks very much

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2011, 01:53:21 pm »
Okay, bit of a question.

I registered for three people, two of which have received badges already. I, though, have not received my badge yet. I registered all three on one order, so it isn't like they were separate or anything. I am just wondering if this is normal or if something may have gone awry.

I emailed this question to registration@kumoricon.org a week ago, but have received no response yet, so I figured the forums would be the next best place to bring it to someone's attention.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2011, 03:27:31 pm »
Okay, bit of a question.

I registered for three people, two of which have received badges already. I, though, have not received my badge yet. I registered all three on one order, so it isn't like they were separate or anything. I am just wondering if this is normal or if something may have gone awry.

I emailed this question to registration@kumoricon.org a week ago, but have received no response yet, so I figured the forums would be the next best place to bring it to someone's attention.

I apologize for the lack of response (a lot of us have been really busy with our real lives) but to answer your question, it seems there were a few problems and some badges didn't get printed so they should be sent out this month (in about 2 weeks from now).

Also just to let everybody who doesn't know... well know, all badges are sent out individually even if they are ordered at the same time.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »
Thank you very much. I appreciate the response. I didn't doubt that things were under control, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline KonekoKaulitz

• Chibi
    • Live Stream
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2011, 12:42:17 pm »
Uhhhh sooo i dont remember if i registered or not o___o

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2011, 08:50:10 pm »
I hear that people are starting to get their badges but I got mine right about December (I think a day or two after online reg opened) and I haven't gotten anything yet and people who registered at mewcon have gotten theirs. Any idea when I should be getting mine?

Offline SqueekyMoonkin

• Cabbit
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2011, 06:01:18 am »
Hey I read on the website that if one wants to try to register and make it into artist alley, they should not register for the convention itself yet. Does the Artist Alley fee cover your registration as well as the table?

Offline UtadaFan20

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »
Hey, so I am highly interested in getting my Red Lion room reserved ASAP but I notice that when I try to book the room, the rates are not the same as those listed on this site and that there currently isn't a convention code for the room block that Kumoricon plans on using. So what is recommended for those wishing to reserve (especially since I would like my room as close to the ground floor as possible so that stairs may actually be a reasonable alternative to enduring the elevator traffic)? Is there going to be a convention code, and when would that be available? (I apologize if this isn't directly related to registration. I shall hope for forgiveness for my thread transgressions)

You do not need a room code for the Red Lion. I just called them up and asked to be booked in under the Kumoricon Convention and it worked.
As long as the Red Lion Registration system says that they have a deal with them for room rates (which I did triple check with them before booking) you can go ahead and book a room with the rates posted on the K-con website. I am also looking for roommates so also check the "Room & Ride sharing" board for my post.

I found this out by calling them up to see if I could book the room now and add the "Room Code' on later. Looks like I didn't have to.
Kumoricon 2012??????

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:59 am »
Wow o.o Thanks! That's really helpful. Unfortunately I already have two other people rooming with me who I am reserving the room for so I won't be of much help in your roommate thread ^^; but thank you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2011, 03:34:57 pm »
Any staff that can answer my question? I ordered my badge in December and I have yet to see it.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2011, 05:35:14 pm »
To your question, Nikki, I'll quote what I was told, since it seems like a similar situation.

...it seems there were a few problems and some badges didn't get printed so they should be sent out this month (in about 2 weeks from now).

Also just to let everybody who doesn't know... well know, all badges are sent out individually even if they are ordered at the same time.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »
Hey I read on the website that if one wants to try to register and make it into artist alley, they should not register for the convention itself yet. Does the Artist Alley fee cover your registration as well as the table?

In past years an AA table has come with a badge and the option to register up to 3 other people at a reduced rate.  Email artists@ to check on this year, or post in the AA thread in the Fan Creations section of the forum. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2011, 01:20:47 pm »
hi....I registered for my badge in October and have not recieved it. ; u ; I won a free weekend pass from the Gamestorm/Kumoricon one day event on October 30th as Cowboy!America, but I haven't gotten any word of it being sent or anything since I filled out the paperwork..

anyone know anything?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:22:09 pm by Taikei »

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2011, 12:16:30 pm »
....hello?

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2011, 12:34:51 pm »
hi....I registered for my badge in October and have not recieved it. ; u ; I won a free weekend pass from the Gamestorm/Kumoricon one day event on October 30th as Cowboy!America, but I haven't gotten any word of it being sent or anything since I filled out the paperwork..

anyone know anything?

Sorry for the late reply to your question! (was sick with the flu for the past week.) but since this involves the free weekend pass that you won, it's best if you email us at registration@kumoricon.org so my Manager who know more about this can help you with this problem and get you your badge.

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
Thank you lots, and I hope you get better. I emailed them.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Badge got lost in mail or.....?
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »
Im not sure on the details of the badge mail outs, but I am getting a little concerned.

My friend ordered his badge a while ago and then a week later, ordered mine. Last month or so, he recieved his in the mail. But I have yet to recieve mine. Shouldnt it have come out in the same batch? Or how does this work?

I just know that I paid for my badge and I would really hate to have to buy it again....

Thanks guys.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: Badge got lost in mail or.....?
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »
Im not sure on the details of the badge mail outs, but I am getting a little concerned.

My friend ordered his badge a while ago and then a week later, ordered mine. Last month or so, he recieved his in the mail. But I have yet to recieve mine. Shouldnt it have come out in the same batch? Or how does this work?

I just know that I paid for my badge and I would really hate to have to buy it again....

Thanks guys.

There is always a chance that the next week (or next day even!) was the EXACT cutoff for the next batch. If you are really really uber concerned, go ahead and e-mail registration@kumoricon.org but make sure to give it some time for a reply... they get a LOT of e-mails.
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Taikei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2011, 06:58:35 pm »
Kay, how much time should I give them?it's been 5 days and no reply yet...

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »
We had a little trouble with our e-mail system, but it's working now, sorry about that!  If you still haven't received a reply (which I may have done already), please send another e-mail with your information and I can take a look. :)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2011, 01:34:20 pm »
When does Registration close on Sat?

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:03 am »
Excellent question!  Last year registration closed at 7, but that can vary a little bit from year-to-year.  I'm afraid we won't be able to tell you until a little closer to the convention, but it'll most likely be relatively close to that general time (early evening). :)

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »
Hey there Anime Fans ^.^

I'm going to be locking this thread and opening a new one. I appreciate all of the posts that everyone's put into this thread to information to the staff, and to the attendees.

I will be creating a new thread for registration, and stickying it in place of this one, with some updated information. Going to try a bit better to get the common questions out in the first post so that you don't have to hunt through the whole topic for answers.

Thanks!

-Brandon De Vore
2011 Registration Manager
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D