Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 387143 times)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3250 on: January 25, 2011, 05:53:12 pm »
Some classes start docking your grade after two abscences.... and I'm paying money to go to school. As much as I want to go it would be really stupid under those circumstances. Which is why I need to see what my classes are and make sure it's okay to miss a couple of them.

......but I feel so lame going to cons not in costume. D:
and in my case it's not 'life happens', more like 'motivation death happens'.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #3251 on: January 25, 2011, 06:12:23 pm »
This is why I budget all my skipped days really carefully. >>

Don't come not in costume. Just wear costumes you already have! We still need to work on getting you a bald cap.
GET MOTIVATED. BE YUKIO.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3252 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »
I have no costumes I want to wear again D:
so if I don't finish Yukio/something else
I will be not in costume 8C

.....I could make ties? I can't do anything else for that costume without going fabric-shopping, since I decided I'm making the coat from scratch...
If all else fails I guess I could be casual Yukio, if I also didn't mind freezing. :/ (though I can't complain since Jaqua is Shura...)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3253 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
SPRING AWAKENING A;LSJDFLAKSJDF

I would seriously appreciate ties.
Uh, their school uniforms have a sweatervest thingy that you could wear. So that+tie+button-up+black pants would be a real version of Yukio.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3254 on: January 25, 2011, 11:04:49 pm »
If all else fails I guess I could be casual Yukio, if I also didn't mind freezing. :/ (though I can't complain since Jaqua is Shura...)

YES, NO ONE MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT COLDNESS, I WILL BE IN A BIKINI TOP AND SHORTS AND I WILL BE HAPPY ABOUT

Also my dad is getting married about a month before Sak and he's getting married in Hawaii, so maybe I'll be somewhat tan as Shura so I don't blind people with my horrifying pastiness

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3255 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:25 pm »
'Least you won't have to wear heels that day!

Re: your pastiness. It's really time you met my sister.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3256 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:47 am »
@Emilee: On the subject of you coming to Sak, do you need a ride as well? Cuz there is technically one more seat left in my van (I think >>). But much like the room, it will be hella crowded with every seat filled AND all of our cosplay luggage and props. XD Or if you drove your car up, I assume you can also park it at the hotel we're staying at, but that would just be more gas and parking money is all. : P
Need a third cosplay you say? Wanna join our Ao no Exorcist group? As Izumo? Or Shirou? OR BLACKY~?? 8DD;; jk jk. Unless you really do want to. 83

@Felix: You would only miss Thursday and Friday of school most likely. I am more than willing to pick you up late enough Wednesday night that you don't miss any class, and I'll get you back Sunday night (or more like 1am Monday morning but same difference) so you won't miss any class Monday unless you have a post-con crash like I usually do urk. So yes. Just those two days most likely.
WE SHOULD HAVE GROUP SKYPE COSPLAY WORK PARTIES. OR SOMETHING. 8DDD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3257 on: January 26, 2011, 12:24:08 am »
Okay, nice to know! I can always sleep in the car (just warning you I probably will...) so I shouldn't crash too hard.

I'll try to get the coat done, but I doubt I'll have the toolbelt. That can be my backup, at least...
also, does anyone have prop guns I can borrow, or will I have to obtain my own?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3258 on: January 26, 2011, 12:37:01 am »
Yagi's got one black one, and I have a silver one that still needs to be painted black. So survey says yes.

Emilee: If you do AnE, we will eat your whooole cosplay list.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3259 on: January 26, 2011, 03:16:38 am »
@Yagi: ...let me read AnE and get back to you >.> I've been meaning to do that for a while anyway. But anywho! I should probably be able to drive my car up, which also means that if people want a slightly less crowded ride we can always split up passengers. Any idea how much parking would cost?
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3260 on: January 26, 2011, 11:48:56 am »
@Felix: Yes, as Valeria said we have two pistols you can use. We'll make sure they're painted all nice and black for you before Sak. : D

@Emilee: I believe the parking is $20/day, which is kind of a lot, but at the same time not really since we don't have to pay anything for the hotel room itself. In place of having people share the cost of the hotel, we were gonna ask the people who can to contribute to the cost of parking/gas since I/we are driving up almost everyone who's staying in the room. Some people can only come because it's free though, and I personally care more about having everyone there than splitting the cost evenly (though I'm not speaking for everybody I'm sure), so it wouldn't be an even distribution of who can pay and how much.

tl;dr We haven't officially figured out how to pay for parking/gas, but in theory the driver/s will not have to pay the entire cost out of their own pocket. : )
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #3261 on: January 26, 2011, 12:04:42 pm »
Sounds good to me! And heck, even if I had to pay the whole thing out of my own pocket it'd still be cheaper than most con hotels I've been to. Thanks for the info. :D
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3262 on: January 26, 2011, 02:20:29 pm »
I know, the free hotel room is basically the greatest thing ever. : D In theory I could to pay for most of it too if need be, but that's only if my next loan refund doesn't go towards paying my little sister's rent again. Which it might. So we'll see. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3263 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »
My parents are occasionally the awesomest.

UGH HOMESTUCK, ABRUPT TONE CHANGE BACK TO HUMOR IS CAUSING ME PAIN. I NEED TO WALLOW IN MY FEAR AND GRIEVING SOME MORE.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3264 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »
UGH HOMESTUCK, ABRUPT TONE CHANGE BACK TO HUMOR IS CAUSING ME PAIN. I NEED TO WALLOW IN MY FEAR AND GRIEVING SOME MORE.

UGH I HATE THIS IN THINGS, I LIKE FEELING MY FEAR AND HORROR AND SADNESS AND DISCOMFORT, I DON'T WANT TO BE MADE TO LAUGH WHILE I AM OTHERWISE DISTRACTED

In other news I have a new phone and you should all text me your numbers so I have them again 8DDDDD

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3265 on: January 26, 2011, 10:31:09 pm »
I'm not coming up with you guys but I'm staying in the room, right?
I swear I won't take up much space, I'm small and
I shall pitch in for your car-related costs.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3266 on: January 26, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »
Jaqua I called and left you a message because texts cost me money.

Charly: YES YOU ARE STAYING WITH US. All... lots of us.
That would be very generous of you.

At last count, people staying in the room are:
Me
Yagi
Hashi
Jaqua
Felix
Charly
SK
Emilee

eight people in a four person room. Yeeeeeah.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3267 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »
Isn't Auricle staying with us? : o
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3268 on: January 26, 2011, 11:34:39 pm »
Our room is going to be the party room

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3269 on: January 26, 2011, 11:38:30 pm »
Yagi: ... Yes she is.

Jaqua: If by "party" you mean "everything is going to get lost."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:38:43 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #3270 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:01 am »
As long as we have floorspace, I'm good. I think I'll sleep in a sleeping bag. |3
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3271 on: January 27, 2011, 01:08:45 am »
You should definitely plan for a sleeping bag.

Also, since there are so many of us, everyone is going to have to be fastidiously neat, otherwise it'll be really hard for everyone to find all their cosplay stuff. I think the best way to do that would be to give everyone a corner or a nook or something that their stuff goes in and YOUR STUFF DOES NOT LEAVE YOUR DESIGNATED SPACE. Unless you're like doing makeup and putting on wigs in front of the mirror or something. But I know at least personally that my stuff has a tendency to spread out due to lazy, and that's not really an option now that there's... way too many of us.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3272 on: January 27, 2011, 12:25:34 pm »
I will do my best to remain as small as possible. Or at least, to make sure my stuff does.

And yes, yes that was exactly what I meant. PARTY ERRDAY

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3273 on: January 27, 2011, 04:25:46 pm »
You folded an entire cosplay into your bag once. I believe in you. -solemn face-

Your life is a party.

NEW ANE IS UP. I'm reading it. It's adorable. I love Bon.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3274 on: January 27, 2011, 04:57:48 pm »
SNAKE SISTERS SNAKE SISTERS SNAKE SISTERS

More reasons to love this series: Mangaka draws reeeeally good family resemblances. SONS KIND OF LOOK LIKE THEIR MOTHERS. EVEN WITH THE CRAZY DIMORPHIC DRAWINGS. And brothers look similar without looking exactly the same.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3275 on: January 27, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »
I think the best way to do that would be to give everyone a corner or a nook or something that their stuff goes in and YOUR STUFF DOES NOT LEAVE YOUR DESIGNATED SPACE.

I agree. I always love to do this anyways, because I'm extremely paranoid about accidently losing something when I'm packing on last con day. Gimme a corner, please~ 83 A /real/ corner if possible, because they're awesome.

Also, even though I won't be traveling by car with you guys, since I got a free room and whatnot, lemme know how much you'd like me to pitch in for parking. I feel like I need to give you /something/. 8|
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3276 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:08 pm »
I think Yagi worked out the overall gas (assuming Felix lets us steal her from Ashland) and parking cost for the van, so you should talk to her about that.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3277 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:54 pm »
AREN'T THE SNAKE SISTERS AWESOME? 8D Their dad is cool too (or at least the person I assume is their dad). I think he's in the next chapter. But seriously, snake sisters. So awesome. Also I am officially in love with the Shima family omg. <33 Juuzou is my fav. Now that I actually know who he is so I can love him even more~!

SPOILER-FREE SUMMARY OF THE NEXT 3 CHAPTERS: Rin spends a lot of time STILL failing spectacularly at the candle exorcise, and Mamushi and Juuzou keep trying to kill each other. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL EXCITED. C8

Also, you all need to read this side comic with Blacky. IT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER OH MY GOD I DIED. THE FACES. SO CUTE. GUUUUUUH. I want to icon them all. <3 There's also this side comic, but I don't think there's a translation for that one, just a summary. I haven't read it yet, but I thought I'd link you guys to it anyway.

Re: Gas and parking money. If we split the cost of gas and parking (just for my van, not including Emilee's car) evenly between all 9 of us staying in the room, it would be about $37 per person assuming gas prices don't drastically increase by then. So for those of you who can put aside about $40 plus a little extra for Emilee's car, that would be great. If you don't/won't have much money but could chip in even just $5, or even if you can't chip in at all, that's fine too. : ) I'll cover whatever you guys can't pay. Or those of you said you can chip in a little more, but don't feel like you have too. : x If my family ends up in the poor house again come Sak and I for sure need more help paying for car stuff, I'll let you guys know. XD

I'm gonna go ahead and put most of our Sak plans as far as schedule, money, etc in the second post on this thread for easy reference if that's okay with everyone. : B
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3278 on: January 27, 2011, 08:06:00 pm »
EXTRAS EEEE
I'll read these... later. Because Descartes hates me. 3:

Post update sounds good. You can also take down our AX possibly, 'cause that's not happening.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3279 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:36 pm »

Tonight was productive. Clearly. I think Katara is my favourite.

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3280 on: January 27, 2011, 10:59:39 pm »
Katara has Jaqua face.

I like Appa. Jet is a close second. Toph is pretty scary.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3281 on: January 28, 2011, 12:11:20 am »
Hashi have I told you lately that I love you? I do. 

I love them all, I cannot pick a favorite because they are all wonderful.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3282 on: January 28, 2011, 12:12:29 am »
Actually, I change my mind, tiny Momo is my favorite.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3283 on: January 28, 2011, 01:12:01 am »
THOSE COOKIES ARE AWESOME.
You win, Hashi.

.....oh man, the last several updates.... lol Terezi.
(JAQUA WHERE ARE YOU? Have you seen any of the awesome videos yet? I would name specifics but I can't remember which ones come first and I'm too lazy to check even though that would be really easy to do. 8|;; )

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3284 on: January 28, 2011, 01:34:51 am »
Toph looks like she's about to kick someone's arse out of pure raaaaaaaaaaage.

Which is why that one's my favorite.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3285 on: January 28, 2011, 03:02:34 am »
I love how Terezi and Karkat both had the same idea...
this will be hilarious if it actually works even though it doesn't really make sense.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3286 on: January 28, 2011, 03:17:19 am »
Just gotta hope really hard that for some reason the dreamselves were hanging out near their dream quest beds. Which is how Aradia was woken, I think? DETAILS HARD.

DESCARTES HARD. ;A;
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3287 on: January 28, 2011, 08:12:41 am »
Descartes make sleep hard.

I JUST REALIZED WE HAVEN'T BEEN INCLUDING REBECCA IN THE SAK STUFF.
I don't remember if you were staying with us or not. Did we discuss this?

also soon we will have so many people that everyone will be spooning
like it or not, everyone to second base with everyone.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3288 on: January 28, 2011, 08:18:29 am »
Haha, no problema.
I'm staying with my own group of people, so I'm totally good. One of my friends is driving me up too. As for the cosplays, I've mentioned that I will, unfortunately, be unable to afford anything for zombie, which makes me feel terrible. I'm really sorry guys, I guess you'll be fem!zombie-less :'/. I know by K-con I can easily get it though~
But of course I'd be happy to hang out with you guys various times during the con, and I will still try to grab my friend to take some group shots of y'all.

If this does happen, I want to see a picture of a room filled with spooning women XD

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, Hashi and Emilee, those cookies look delicious and amazing <3
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:59:34 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3289 on: January 28, 2011, 10:12:04 am »
Late: I cant take all the credit, Emilee made half of the cookies XD it was a group effort.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:23:37 am by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3290 on: January 28, 2011, 12:28:40 pm »
.....AAAAAAHHHH I WANT TO SEE WHAT ARADIA IS UP TO AAAAAAHHHH

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3291 on: January 28, 2011, 02:12:27 pm »
Rebecca: Okay! Just wanted to make sure you were taken care of.

Unfortunately, sometimes real life is really rude about intruding on plans like that. :I But whatever cosplay you're in, it's still hangout time! And any pictures your photog friend might get would be seriously appreciated, but we can always derp our way into some decent photos as has been our habit.

Felix: GUTTING BEC NOIR LIKE HE DESERVES
or learning all the secrets.

Tavros's death mask is seriously creeping me out.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3292 on: January 28, 2011, 02:17:58 pm »
NEW HANNA ;LKAJSFDLKAS

We get to see Adelaide's outfit! : D And Lee. And Lamont being a right decent human being. And Abner pretty much knowing exactly who to shoot at. AND CONBAT BOUNCES.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3293 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:22 pm »
Malaria: Well thank you for looking out for me! :]

Yeah it is ;A;
Indeed, and I may want to get some pictures of you guys too. Because, you know, that's how I do.
oh hey that rhymed

Conbat is so freaking adorable. Everytime I see it I'm that much closer to getting diabetes.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3294 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
slkdfj;DISJF;OIS:DOFIJSLDKjfv;lzsigfvlzkjdfg oh jesus why is lee in that window
TESSA WHY CAN'T YOU UPDATE FASTER YOU ARE KILLING ME

Felix: I just finished Act 2 I think? I just met Jade. Oh my god she cracks me up. Right now we're going to see grandpa. HOW LONG UNTIL I'M AT TROLLS

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:07:54 pm by jaqua »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3296 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46:55 am »
I was totally gonna type up a post yesterday afternoon but then I went to take a nap at like 5 and only just now woke up. waaaa

Rebecca: No problem. <3

You will probably be the only one. ; D
because it's not like I organized a cosplay group around a really stigmatized part of fandom ohohohoho

Jaqua: You start getting conversations with the trolls pretty soon, I think. Their actual arc is later.

Twelve hours later, your /cm/ links are broken. I am unsurprised.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #3297 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:30 pm »
WAT
okay I fix

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3298 on: January 29, 2011, 01:16:57 pm »
NEW HANNA ;LKAJSFDLKAS

We get to see Adelaide's outfit! : D And Lee. And Lamont being a right decent human being. And Abner pretty much knowing exactly who to shoot at. AND CONBAT BOUNCES.

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I want Conbat to get captured. Then we could see Abner lock him up and torture him then finally try to kill him. Or something.

/likes seeing characters in peril, especially one-on-one
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3299 on: January 29, 2011, 01:23:58 pm »
I still can't get over the ridiculousness of Conbat's faceplant. BOUNCE"SKREE"splat. XDD;;

@Jaqua: PFFFTTT of god those are ridiculous. SHAUN'S FACE. I DIED.

Randomly, my Amaimon wig arrived yesterday! Now I just have to wait for fem!Veser wig~! I also realized the other day that I still need to get Veser contacts and make teeth. Oops. I'm also broke. Fun times. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice