Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 385697 times)

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
I don't know whether to laugh or weep. ='D Awesome~
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
I think we're more ADD than OCD.
(also Auricle could you PM me your phone number? I don't have it.)

You will need a ridiculous amount of magic to make that work. Unless I am very much mistaken.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
You don't know the depth of our magic. And also crazy.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
@Felix: Hey man don't even worry about it you're gonna be awesome. You're gonna have a BEARD. Do you know how long I've wanted a beard as magnificent as the one you're going to have? No. No you do not.

You guyyyyyyssssssssssssss I've been reading so much stuff about HiNaBN recently and holy crap I learned the most amazing spoiler about Ples ever. And I love him so much all of a sudden. Also I learned Worth's first name is Luce (which funnily enough is ALSO not a boy's name) and he has a butchered Australian accent. Which is awesome because the only kind of Australian accent I can do IS a butchered one! Today the world is on my side.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
@Jaqua: Obviously you win The Universe. And/or The Universe very much wants you to be the best lady!Worth to ever Worth.

Sooooo I'm not actually coming to Scrap tomorrow. Cuz I failed at that whole packing thing tonight. >> My apologies. BUT I'LL MAKE UP FOR IT BY WORKING ON PUTTING UP MORE COSPLAY PHOTOS FOR HONEYSYN, DURARARA, KHII, ETC WHEN I FINISH PACKING. Assuming I do finish packing. I really suck at this whole "getting ready to move" thing. 8D;;
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:47:36 am by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Spoilers are never amazing. D8 (I heard about the Ples leak and I'm purposefully avoiding the Hanna community right now because I don't want to hear it.) Some people can hear spoilers and be fine but for me they just ruin it and make me not really care about finishing it.

...I randomly decided to start making my mask tonight so I have papier mache all over my face. 8D;
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Yeahhhhhhh... The Ples spoiler was amazing but kind of disappointing because now since I know I feel like when we finally "learn" the twist it's not going to be as cool. BUT OH WELL, I LOVE HIM MORE IN THE SHORT-TERM. I GUESS.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Exactly.
...It's kind of like how I didn't care that you told me what happened in the last Twilight book because I'm not going to read it anyway.

I don't mind as much if I figure it out myself, but even then it's a little irritating if it's so obvious that I spend half the book knowing exactly how it will end. It's the same as a spoiler, I suppose, just more satisfying.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I know there is a spoiler, but I dunno if I want to hear it. I liked it better when it was all crazy speculation.

On the plus side, the trip to Scrap was fruitful in Doc Worth prop-related ways. A giant syringe, massive orange plastic pill bottles and those tubes used to take blood samples were all acquired.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Nice! (Sorry for abandoning you guys... D8 I didn't want to die halfway there.)

Speculation is fine because there's always a chance you'll be wrong. That's what makes it fun! (I don't see what's fun about knowing things before they happen.)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Also... I made a LiveJournal. (hahaha peer pressure.) There's nothing on it yet and I'll probably use it for dumping all my sketches that aren't worthy of DA and rambling about my characters and stories. I don't know how much you guys care about that stuff but I hate talking about myself so that's what's going on there. 8D;
(The link to the community on the front page is broken, by the way.)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Friended you~.

... well crap. -goes to fix-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
I friended you too. Yay~ : D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
/friended back

wheeeee! 8D
(I didn't sleep last night...)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I've decided that Combat Baby by Metric is the perfect fem!ConWorth song. Seriously.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I now have to listen to Combat Baby. And I shall. After I watch the Netherlands/Japan game. >_>

SPEAKING OF WORLD CUP. I don't know if anyone heard about the USA/Slovenia game, but holy cow. I am SO MAD. We were behind at halftime (Slovenia 2-0 USA) but made the most amazing comeback and with like ten minutes left in the game we were tied 2-2, then Edu made an AMAZING third goal and we thought we'd won it, but then that stupid ref said there'd been a foul and DISALLOWED IT. I'm STILL so mad about this. And I needed to vent because venting about it on Facebook just ISN'T ENOUGH.

I had to work yesterday right after the USA/Slovenia game and almost couldn't even bring myself to go to work, I was so upset xD But thankfully all day I was thoroughly verbally thrashing the ref with all the other disgruntled World Cup fans. So I was okay. Also one of the DA's was Australian and I was wearing my England jersey, so he passes by and is like, "England? Really? They got thrashed this morning by Algeria!" to which my response was so close to being "Um, dude? Remember that match Australia had against Germany? I think it ended 4-0, Germany winning? And you want to say England was thrashed?" But then I remembered that this guy was a really important dude and I probably shouldn't antagonize him so I just said "DUDE THEY TIED" and he was like, "Yeah, but it was against Algeria." And I couldn't think of a comeback to that. Because it was kind of true

/world cup rant

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I appreciate your World Cup rants. They let me keep up without actually, you know, paying attention.

Combat Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMfPvv3BMs
Ignore the video. Or don't.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
DOUBLE POST FOR JUSTICE

I noticed someone used the title Conrad Is Not a Girl's Name on a cosplay deviation in the Hanna dA group and I had a strong moment of EFF EFF EFF EFF EFF GODDAMNIT GRAAAAR until I noticed it was a closet cosplay and also not awesome. I've calmed down now.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
I graduated today. It was excruciatingly boring. ='D
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
CONGRATULATIONS
-SPARKLES-
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
THANKS!
-SHIMMERS-
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I should make you something.
... WANT ANOTHER HAT? ; D
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
You don't have to make me anything. I got two hats today already. : D But I really like hats so more can't hurt. > w <
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Kay. I have no idea what kind of hat I'd make you, anyway. ._.

I will come up with something to give you. D<
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
You don't have to give me anything, seriously. Oh, and you left your papercrafts over here. You'll get them the next time I see you. Speaking of, when did you want to go out to Clackamas? ' 3 '
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
... I think I knew that.

Er. Wednesday?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
xDD Then I shall continue to rant about various WC happenings so that everyone can keep up! No need to thank me, I do this out of the goodness of my heart. Of course now England and America have to win both games Wednesday if we both want to make it out to the next round... You get three points for winning a game, one for a tie, and zero for a loss, and right now Slovenia is in the lead with four points, England and America have two, and Algeria has zero. If we both win our next games we'll have five points each, then Slovenia will have (still) four and Algeria will have (still) zero. Which would be awesome. So FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE.

And since I get bored easily and like to entertain myself in strange ways I painted the ten teams I support in the world cup on my nails, except I substituted Argentina with South Africa since I had enough blue and white already. But oh well.

Out of curiosity, what's in Clack?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
A mall we have never seen! So we're gonna explore.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
There's a really good bubble tea place on the Barnes & Noble end ; D hahaha, my dad lives in Clackamas, I've been to CTC so many times... Ahhh, high school...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:47:31 pm by jaqua »

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
Duuurg. Wednesday is most likely a no-go for me. I have a friend that needs a place to stay for a little while, and a whole bunch of family responsibilities. Maybe in a week or so I'll be able to go. I totally wanted to go soon too. ' 3 '

Haha, Jaqua, I am loving your world cupdates. I'm trying to keep track of it too, but you just make it better. XD
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Kay. I'm out of town this weekend for Hamlet (I'm going to see Hamlet at the Shakespeare Festival \o/ and then it's my birthday. So sometime after that? ._.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
Yeah, sometime after that should be good. : D What are you doing for your birthday?
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
I'LL MISS YOU ALL FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEEEEKS~!! Have fun with your various awesome-fun-times adventures. : D
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I'm thinking I'll call up everyone left in town and make my diverse groups of friends hang around my house staring at each other awkwardly. 8)
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
DO IT. And videotape all the awkward with your new webcam so we can enjoy it from overseas. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Kero-sempai

• Chibi
    • Kero-sempai on deviantART
I'm thinking I'll call up everyone left in town and make my diverse groups of friends hang around my house staring at each other awkwardly. 8)
Excellent. I'll bring fireworks and the lighter. 8D
Ooo, I'm jealous. Hamlet is my favorite.

Which sea will you be over for the next month or so, Yagi?

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
TIME FOR A WORLD CUPDATE
oh man auricle that's the best phrase btw

OH MAN YOU GUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS THE MATCHES THIS MORNING WERE AMAAAAAAAAAZING. They were on at the same time so no team would have an advantage over the other which was kind of annoying, but oh well. But it was England vs Slovenia and USA vs Algeria this morning to determine who was advancing out of Group C. Slovenia had four points, England and America had two (but America had scored more goals total, so they were the official second place), and Algeria had one. So USA scores a PERFECTLY LEGIT goal like twelve minutes into it or something and it's DISALLOWED for some stupid reason that only the ref knows (and this is also the second time in this WC alone that this has happened to us, which even other countries are agreeing is total crap). England meanwhile scores a goal against Slovenia, which is bad for the US-- basically it meant that if we didn't score now, we didn't advance, since if England won their game they would now have five points, Slovenia would have four, and the US would have three (assuming we tied Algeria, which it was looking like at this point); or, if Slovenia scored a goal and tied it up, the US would advance, but at the cost of England, which would suck. But seriously man, at halftime there's still no goals in sight from either side, and finally the game is almost over and it's STILL USA 0-0 Algeria. And basically everyone rooting for America is almost giving up on getting this, like we all had kind of resigned ourselves to not making it through and it sucked. The ref allows four extra minutes to be put on the clock (because they usually add time at the end to make up for brief stoppages in play, or substitutions, or injuries, since they only stop the clock at halftime) so everyone's just kind of hoping for anything at this point. And then with TWO MINUTES LEFT UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER, Dempsey goes to score but gets caught on Algeria's keeper, and the DONOVAN THAT BEAUTIFUL MAN COMES IN AND SMACKS IT INTO THE GOAL AND IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. I'm pretty sure anyone passing by the Thirsty Lion this morning must have thought there was a small explosion inside since as soon as that goal was in everyone was jumping up and down and screaming at the top of their lungs. It was SO. FREAKING. AWESOME. Especially since now both England AND America get to advance. And since America is in first place, we only have to play the runners-up from Group D, who is Ghana, who I feel like we should HOPEFULLY be able to beat... But poor England, they have to face the winners from Group D, and Germany is pretty hardcore this year. I mean, Germany slaughtered Australia 4-0. Oh well, hopefully we both make it through.

BUT THAT'S THE NEWS IN THE WORLD CUP TODAY. Every American should love Landon Donovan since he has been an absolute powerhouse on the American team this year. AND WITHOUT HIM WE WOULDN'T HAVE WON.

@Valeria: I'm so up for that. I'll bring my awkward face and not talk (or try to). It'll be awesome.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
USA! USA!
and England can come too.

Your commentary is so the best, Jaqua. <3

Yeah, I'm working on typing up all the birthday invite dealies and I'll crosspost when it's looking coherent.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
THE BIRTHDAY POST (IS A DOUBLE POST)

Date: June 28th=Monday
Time: At my house no earlier than 4 PM, ending sometime in the night. No sleeping over, I'm afraid.
Place: My house!
6780 SW 153rd Ave
Beaverton, OR 97007
Getting there: I'm still not sure if we'll be able to do rides from the Max stop, so I hope y'all group bus trips. To get to my house using public transportation, ride the Max to Beaverton TC and then get on the 88 bus. I'll be waiting at the correct 88 bus stop so y'all get off at the right place.

Because people have asked for it, here's a birthday list of things I would enjoy getting:
paint sealant
black clip-on bow tie
black regular tie
black suspenders
brightly colored suspenders
fake hospital blood packs
bright red regular tie
fake tommy gun
fake 9mm pistol (two of these would be even better ;D)
Spirit Gum
black pencil eyeliner
black liquid eyeliner
Trans-Continental Hustle album by Gogol Bordello
Labyrinth movie soundtrack
any of the Sandman volumes

c/ped from a mass devArt note 'cause I'm lazy like that.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Graaah I wish I could go to your birthday parties and meet-ups. WHY DOES BEND HAVE TO BE SO FAR AWAY? =A=  Every time, I ask this...

Happy birthday in advance, because I know around that time I'm going to be running frantically around getting ready for my trip.

I have a huge favor to ask, for the Masquerade Mafia. This is because I trust you guys... \o/
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I'm sorry. I don't mean to exclude you. ;; At least you can come to the at-con shenanigans.
Thank you. <3

Ooh, a favor~. I can't promise Yagi and Hashi will be onboard, but unless it's truly awful I am up for doing favors.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
I'm arranging a team to enforce dress code at the ball. It may not be a masquerade, but will still require semi-formal or cosplay that generally fits in that category. I'm arranging a team so that people can do shifts at the door and don't have to stay there the whole time. Will you join?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Sure. I'll need to get a better idea of what your dress code is, because "semi-formal" is a term that confuses me, but I am totally willing to stand at a door and crush people's dreams keep things orderly crush people's dreams while dressed as a beloved character.
Does this mean you're having success getting a masquerade-y type event through? : D <3
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Basically this but without masks. It's not for sure yet, but things are looking up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:18:52 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Sounds good.

I'd also be willing to pull people out from the crowd to dance, even if I can only waltz in theory.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Yay! Like I'm telling the other people who've volunteered to do so, there are plenty of instruction videos online, and you can practice with friends.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
That's a good thought!

This should go somewhat better than the attempts to learn jumpstyle and Tecktonik.

Is there a thread I should be following to keep up with the planning?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
I'm so glad you have a list of what you'd like for your birthday, Malaria. It makes it super easy. <3

Huuuurgh Italy failed. They're the defending champions! How could they lose so early? ;_;

And ergh, it's way too warm.
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Whoo! Glad I could make your life easier.

The news has been telling me that France and Italy have been self-destructive assholes.

Word. I barely slept last night 'cause it was too hot. @@
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
Yup, that just about sums it up. ='D Ashley was going to buy an Italian team uniform for her characters in Rappelz. Now the U.S.A. uniform is looking much more tempting. The Italian one might be much cheaper now though.

I can't stand the hot weather, but maybe my cacti will enjoy it. : D Now is the time to start stripping methinks, if any sleep is to be had.

Also, I just found out that my binder is probably far away without chance of return. I'll most likely have to get a new one. That thing was expensive, too. Damn.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:10:57 pm by Auricle »
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?