Author Topic: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3  (Read 131097 times)

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
Re: We should plan a meet-up in Eugene sometime! :3
« Reply #500 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:05 pm »
@raiden, thanks for the offer, but I don't have car troubles ever, I don't drive, I just walk everywhere. I just didn't show because I don't like going out when i'm broke, I spent too much at con then had to pay rent haha. Also, if anyone can think of something cool for a present for rem pm me please.

Offline Kuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #501 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:26 pm »
So I'm hearing this is the Eugene Meet up yes yes?
Kcon 2011 plans
Toph
Fire Nation Toph
Toothless

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #502 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »
You have heard right, Kuu! Welcome welcome~ :3

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #503 on: September 13, 2010, 10:03:04 pm »
@raiden, thanks for the offer, but I don't have car troubles ever, I don't drive, I just walk everywhere. I just didn't show because I don't like going out when i'm broke, I spent too much at con then had to pay rent haha. Also, if anyone can think of something cool for a present for rem pm me please.
*squee!*
Just come to my & Wuntvor's shared birthday party at his Anime Friday on 9/24 :) (Which is my actual bday. Wuntvor's is the 18th. When's yours?)
You may have heard the saying, "your presence is your present".
*giggle*

@ Kyuu: Welcome!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:08:41 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #504 on: September 14, 2010, 06:35:51 am »
My birthday isn't for a while. Ah cool birthdaysx2! Also Then pm me if you have ideas for wuntvor's birthday too.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2010, 06:44:33 am »
I will so LMAO if I have time to make this for our bday cake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaDY_avosaU
(A Dalek from Doctor Who)

Will PM you
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2010, 02:54:10 pm »
@radien, thanks for the offer, but I don't have car troubles ever, I don't drive, I just walk everywhere. I just didn't show because I don't like going out when i'm broke, I spent too much at con then had to pay rent haha.

Understandable. I thought I heard that you were among the people who had car troubles. No biggie.

Radien knew my old crew (actually I met Radien through people in my old crew) when we were the Ergh Pirates.

True, though they don't dress/act like stereotypical pirates, exactly. No eye patches, striped shirts, hoop earrings, or red bandanas.

Depending on how you look at it, I guess they are non-failpirates...

And for that matter, I don't remember EXACTLY how/when we met, since we run into each other in so many different settings these days. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:16:30 pm by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #507 on: September 14, 2010, 03:28:01 pm »
@raiden i still appreciate the offer. Thank you.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #508 on: September 14, 2010, 04:36:28 pm »
@radien i still appreciate the offer. Thank you.

No problem. :) If money becomes an issue please feel free to weigh in. After all, if we're mostly cosplayers, the rest of us probably don't have much money either.....

Apollo Justice

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #509 on: September 14, 2010, 08:46:08 pm »
My birthday isn't for a while. Ah cool birthdaysx2! Also Then pm me if you have ideas for wuntvor's birthday too.

I am with Rem on that one Ishpumalibu.  I just like to have my friends over for anime every Friday.  I am always welcoming new people.  I am sure that I have something you would like to watch.  I pretty much grabbed all of Guy's AMV's during KumoriCon so I have a few gigs of those I haven't watched yet.  I also have over 3 terrabytes of downloaded fansubs.  If it came out in the last 5 years, I most likely have it.  I also have quite a few of the classics.  Feel free to come by.  I warn you, if you bring snacks I WILL eat them!   ;D

Cosplayers are always welcome.  My wife was one of the panelist on the pattern software panel specializing in designing custom cosplay patterns to fit.  We have a sewing machine, a serger, and an embroidery machine.  She is also a graphic artist who does commission work.  She ran the panel on using Adobe Illustrator during the con.  We also have quite a few interesting participants to Anime Friday.  It is a great chance to do some networking.

PM me if interested.  Every Friday at 7:00PM  I am located near 4 corners (That's Hwy99 & Roosevelt) So not to far from Junction City or North Eugene.  I do have one regular who takes the bus from Springfield every week.  It is LTD bus #40 from The Eugene Station.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #510 on: September 14, 2010, 08:49:56 pm »
@ Radien:
A TUNAC meeting in early Sept 2002 I believe.
@ Anime Friday at Wuntvor's: Shelley also designed the masthead for the Creation Station page in the Con Book (page 22).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2010, 04:28:54 pm »
Just a reminder! TOMORROW night! Anime Friday at Wuntvor & Shelley's, (PM, text, or call me for directions: (541) 606-0318); celebrating Wuntvor's birthday and mine. Hope to see as many of you as possible there, & in cosplay or Loli! Shelley is making both vegetarian and meat gyoza (pot stickers), I'll bring something or other, & we'll be watching brand-new shows, including:

Gekijouban Bungaku Shoujo aka Literature Girl – This is a movie about a girl who, quite literally, devours books.  She can tell how good a book will be by tasting it, and survives off of the books she eats.  

Bungaku Shoujo: Memoire – This is the OVA prequel to the above movie. It is also a love story, sort of like Chobits, in that she is looking for the perfect writer who can write stories just for her.

Bungaku Shoujo: Kyou no Oyatsu – Hatsukoi – This is another OVA based off of the same movie, and occurs between the two.  I won’t say much about it because that will spoil it.

Eve no Jikan Gekijouban – Speaking of Chobits, This is a movie created from a bunch of shorts.  It is about “what do machines think of their creators?”  Based totally off of Asimov, and taking place in what is most likely Japan, it makes you think of Bicentennial Man or I Robot.  An interesting twist of thought, and worthy of some intellectual debate.

Kowarekake no Orge – This is a 30 minute OVA that also makes the watcher consider the connections between humans and machines.  Again reminiscent of Chobits, the main character, a young man living alone, finds a female android in the trash and takes her home.

Please come!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:29:46 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2010, 06:48:55 pm »
I don't think I can make it. College obligations are calling me to be responsible for once this week.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #513 on: September 24, 2010, 11:26:09 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!
You are all invited to a party for RemSaverem
Anime Friday tonight at 7:00PM

Just a reminder! TOMORROW night! Anime Friday at Wuntvor & Shelley's, (PM, text, or call me for directions: (541) 606-0318); celebrating Wuntvor's birthday and mine. Hope to see as many of you as possible there, & in cosplay or Loli!

Shelley is making both vegetarian and meat gyoza (pot stickers), I'll bring something or other, & we'll be watching brand-new shows, including:

Gekijouban Bungaku Shoujo aka Literature Girl – This is a movie about a girl who, quite literally, devours books.  She can tell how good a book will be by tasting it, and survives off of the books she eats. 

Bungaku Shoujo: Memoire – This is the OVA prequel to the above movie. It is also a love story, sort of like Chobits, in that she is looking for the perfect writer who can write stories just for her.

Bungaku Shoujo: Kyou no Oyatsu – Hatsukoi – This is another OVA based off of the same movie, and occurs between the two.  I won’t say much about it because that will spoil it.

Eve no Jikan Gekijouban – Speaking of Chobits, This is a movie created from a bunch of shorts.  It is about “what do machines think of their creators?”  Based totally off of Asimov, and taking place in what is most likely Japan, it makes you think of Bicentennial Man or I Robot.  An interesting twist of thought, and worthy of some intellectual debate.

Kowarekake no Orge – This is a 30 minute OVA that also makes the watcher consider the connections between humans and machines.  Again reminiscent of Chobits, the main character, a young man living alone, finds a female android in the trash and takes her home.

Please come!

Here are the directions to Anime Friday:

238 Anton Ct.  Eugene, OR 97402  Take LTD bus #40 and get off at the corner of Elmira & Fairfield, or drive and park in the cul-de-sac.

Feel free to bring drinks and food.  Cosplayers welcome.

I will not be providing any alcoholic beverages.  You may BYOB, but I won't allow anyone to get drunk.

NO SMOKING in the house.  You may smoke on the front deck, or the back patio.

Hope to see you all there!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2010, 01:05:55 pm »
Happy birthday you too! I hope you have fun tonight.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #515 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:45 pm »
Well the party for Ellen and I went pretty well I think.  I realized, after everyone had left, that I forgot to get any contact info.  I put out a weekly email to everyone who is interested, reminding them all of Anime Friday, and my general plans for every week.  If you want to be added to my list PM or email me your contact info and I will be happy to add you to the list.

I hope to see you all again this Friday at 7:00PM.   ;D

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #516 on: September 29, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »
HI GUYS I'M A JERK. I have been busyyyyyy. But. I'm back now. HI.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #517 on: September 30, 2010, 07:17:00 am »
Wuntvor:

I enjoy hanging out with everybody but I find that I don't like sitting around for too long. I wouldn't mind coming to anime Friday but I'd want to commit to 1-3 episodes of a specific series that we'd agree on.  Ironically, I realize my problem is that most of what I want to see you have already watched. I'm not exactly up on the bleeding edge of new anime series.

Soramunesanzun:

Welcome back to, errr, the topic. ;) Don't worry about it. You're in time for Halloween, if you're free.

I know we've been using this thread pretty consistently for awhile, but don't overlook the Eugene Halloween gathering that's forming.  It's titled "Trick or Treat Meet" [Eugene]", but it may end up being more than that.  We're talking about a haunted house trip and a possible costume party before and/or afterward.

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14061.0

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #518 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:21 am »
@ Malaria: Thanks, we did!
@ Radien: I'd love your company on Fridays (well, anytime, but yeah, at Terry's). I'm also into the idea of sitting for less short periods of time in a row (this is not really about sitting, but about my eyes). So @ Terry, maybe occasionally we could mix it up, like, watch 1-3 eps of something, take a break together for ? snacks/chat/games/event planning ?
@ Sora: Welcome back! Hope you can come to some Anime Fridays or to meet you some other time. Still looking forward to more of your cosplay pix from KC!
@Ishpumalibu: Great to meet you at our bday party! Hope you come back this week.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #519 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21:18 pm »
@ Radien: I'd love your company on Fridays (well, anytime, but yeah, at Terry's). I'm also into the idea of sitting for less short periods of time in a row (this is not really about sitting, but about my eyes). So @ Terry, maybe occasionally we could mix it up, like, watch 1-3 eps of something, take a break together for ? snacks/chat/games/event planning ?

It's not about sitting for me either, it's just that I don't like focusing on the TV without talking. If I wanted to do that I could download it at home. Actually, I wouldn't mind if it turned into an "anime and game" night where we spend some time playing card or board games.... but hey, I like games, so maybe that's just me.

And yeah, I'm frequently free evenings, so feel free to give me a call or text, Rem. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #520 on: September 30, 2010, 02:30:25 pm »

It's not about sitting for me either, it's just that I don't like focusing on the TV without talking. If I wanted to do that I could download it at home. Actually, I wouldn't mind if it turned into an "anime and game" night where we spend some time playing card or board games.... but hey, I like games, so maybe that's just me.
Well it's all Terry's call. He is the mayven of downloading & probably wants the chance to view & share all he's DL'd...But perhaps if it would increase turn-out he would vary it a bit? I'll ask tomorrow....and heck yeah I'll call/text you. :)
And yeah, I'm frequently free evenings, so feel free to give me a call or text, Rem. :)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #521 on: September 30, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »
Well it's all Terry's call. He is the mayven of downloading & probably wants the chance to view & share all he's DL'd...But perhaps if it would increase turn-out he would vary it a bit? I'll ask tomorrow....and heck yeah I'll call/text you. :)

Worth a try, but I had some games along last time and no one wanted to try them. It may be the wrong gang for that. Dunno.

Anyway, great, keep in touch. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #522 on: September 30, 2010, 11:52:26 pm »
I'm pretty open about what we watch during Anime Friday.  If there is something in particular you want to see, just let me know.  I do try to keep it appropriate for everyone present.  I have found that the graphic anime tend to not be as popular with my audience as the school girl dramas and comedies. I still have a lot of them that are available for viewing though.

I don't really have a problem with playing games either, if that is what people want to do.  I started this 5 years ago as an opportunity for people who couldn't download their own anime to be able to watch anime for free.  Now that many sites stream anime and people have faster internet so they can download and torrent themselves, my attendance has dropped.  I still have a MASSIVE collection though, so if you want anime, for free, come over and get it.

I also have no problems with taking breaks and just talking.  We often discuss current movies, TV shows, sewing techniques, Adobe software tricks, manga, art, Sci-fi & Fantasy books and authors, etc.

Anime Friday has always been just a chance for fans of anime to get together and have fun.  So lets do that!  Every Friday at 7:00PM.   ;D

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #523 on: October 02, 2010, 05:30:01 am »
Thanks Terry; I enjoyed the night even though I hadn't seen much of what was played. :)

Incidentally, everyone in Eugene Cosplayers should know that I'm hosting a costume party on Halloween.  It'll be a casual "living room" setting with party games and DVD-watching. Please check the topic if you haven't already:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14061

If you can't come, but are stuck at home Halloween night to give out candy, let us know! If you live not too far away from the Springfield party location, we just may congregate by your front door clamoring for sweets. ;)

All varieties of costumes are encouraged -- they can be anime cosplay or they can be something else!  Or you can come as yourself, but I encourage even the most hare-brained costumes if you're short on prep time. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #524 on: October 02, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »
Halloween party aaa May or may not be able to come. My best friend usually has a halloween party, and if she has one this year, I am obligated to go to that (see: best friend)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #525 on: October 03, 2010, 12:16:06 am »
Halloween party aaa May or may not be able to come. My best friend usually has a halloween party, and if she has one this year, I am obligated to go to that (see: best friend)

Glad you have somewhere to go. My high school friends have a Halloween party every year, but it kinda sucks, hence why I want to host our own. ;)

(Obviously none of them are anime fans or I wouldn't say that here)

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2010, 02:35:48 am »
@ Terry, I've loved everything I've seen at your place this year! Great job!
BTW: When my roommate moved out (with no notice! screwing me over financially, but otherwise I am *so* glad he's gone) he left a bag of frozen non-vegetarian pot stickers. Figured maybe I would bring them Friday, one of y'all can make them, since I can't eat them....?

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2010, 10:53:16 pm »
@ Terry, I've loved everything I've seen at your place this year! Great job!
BTW: When my roommate moved out (with no notice! screwing me over financially, but otherwise I am *so* glad he's gone) he left a bag of frozen non-vegetarian pot stickers. Figured maybe I would bring them Friday, one of y'all can make them, since I can't eat them....?

Sure, bring them with you.  EazilyAmewzed will find a use for them.  If we don't eat em, I'm sure our son will.   ;D

This Anime Friday should be another First Episode Theater.  All the new shows are coming out.  I'll be sending out my weekly notice tomorrow with more details.

Hope to see you all there.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #528 on: October 06, 2010, 01:11:32 am »
I'll probably be there.  Hey, I've got a pretty full social week now.  That's good; it's been a sucky week so far.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #529 on: October 06, 2010, 07:57:12 am »
@ W: ok. In my dream world she'd trade them for more of the heavenly veggie gyoza she made for our birthday party! @ radien: Do you need a ride?

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #530 on: October 06, 2010, 05:57:13 pm »
Here is my notice from this week:

Well all of the new shows are coming out, so I thought I would go ahead and have another First Episode Theater this week.  The new shows of interest are:

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo -  This looks like a real winner.  Makes me think of Death Note for some reason.  The main character has a special eye that allows him to see ghost and communicate with them.  He uses this ability to help the local police track down murderers.  I await the next episode with eager anticipation.

Otome Youkai Zakuro – Another winner.  It seems that the military and the demons have decided to try working together.  They team up three military men with four demon girls (two of the demons are a twin sister team).  There is a small problem though.  One of the men is scared to death of demons, and his demon partner makes me think of Akane from Ranma.  Is there any way this team can work?  It is sort of like Host Club meets InuYasha.  It’s a keeper

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai – This translates to “My Little Sister Can`t Be This Cute”.  It is another one of those anime that Japan is famous for, totally far fetched, silly, and just plain wrong.  I can’t wait till the next episode.  I don’t want to spoil it for you by telling you about it.

Iron Man – This one is pretty self explanatory.  Based off of Stan Lee’s Marvel Super hero character Iron Man.  If you like your Marvel comics, you should like this show.

Bakuman -  The main character is a young high school student who likes to draw.  His Uncle was a Manga artist who hit it big with one a series that later became an anime.  Unfortunately his later works weren’t as successful.  Although he would like to become a manga artist the fate of his uncle lies heavy on him.  He accidently leaves his sketchbook and notes at school and goes back for them.  The school genius is looking through his notebook.  The genius tells him he would like to make a manga.  He will right it and the artist will draw it.  He also informs him that the girl he has a crush on wants to become a VA.  Later he confesses to the girl and they agree that if he becomes a successful manga artist, and she becomes a successful VA, they will marry.  Twisted story plot, but an interesting show.  I like it.

Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector -  This is a sequel.  I have not downloaded the original series, and I am not sure if I will.  This is a definite mecha war fighting anime.  We can decide if we want to continue with it.

Adult only viewing

Yosuga no Sora -  This one is based off of an ero harem style game.  It also includes brother sister love.  The overall style is similar to shows like Kanon, Clannad, and Air.  Nudity, Adult Themes.

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls – We saw the Pre-Airing of this episode, but now the unedited version is out.  This one made us all think of Toradora, because it uses the same voice cast, and casts them in similar roles.  Alternate universe WWII super powered Samurai women, or something like that.   Panty, Boing, Brief Nudity, Adult themes.

Sora No Otoshimono Forte -  Well the Angels Ikaros and Nymph are back, and it looks like another Angel is going to be joining the party.  Get ready for some more crazy and perverted antics in this sequel.  Nudity, Adult themes, and humor.

Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto -  This one makes me think of Mia Hime.  Students in a school on an island with an underground alien facility with super robots.  Brief Nudity.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt – This one looks like something you would see on CN.  Reminds me of PowerPuff Girls or Invader Zim.  Of course the subject matter is closer to Ren & Stimpy, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Two (fallen) Angels named Panty and Stocking help the Reverend Garter Belt fight against the evil taking over the city so they can earn Heaven Cents.  Will the city survive?  Adult themes and humor.

MM! – I am not sure about this one.  It is a comedy about a schoolboy  who is a masochist.  Who wants to try to cure himself and confess to the girl he likes.  He goes to a school counseling group for help.  Unfortunately the leader of the counseling group has heard about him and she decides the best way to cure him is to beat it out of him.  Sort of makes me think of Club to Death Angel Dokuro-chan.

Well that’s the start anyway.  More may be out by Friday.

I also have a couple of new movies we can watch some time:

Gekijouban Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works – Yeah!  The Fate/Stay Night Movie is finally out!

Eiga Layton Kyouju to Eien no Utahime – Based off of the popular Nintendo DS Professor Layton puzzle games, this movie brings the characters of the archeologist Layton and his trusty assistant Luke to the big screen to allow fans to enjoy more of the same.

I hope to see you all this Friday at 7:00PM for another round of fun.   ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #531 on: October 07, 2010, 12:30:37 pm »
Oh, do you show adults-only viewing at your house if the crowd assembled is appropriate? I did not know.

Hard to believe, given some of the programming I've run, but I've seen almost none...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #532 on: October 07, 2010, 07:15:02 pm »
Hard to believe, given some of the programming I've run, but I've seen almost none...

Well, if you do decide to watch some, I have a recommendation. Not a specific series, but a way to watch.

On DVD, set it to English dubbing, but also turn on the English subtitles. You see, hentai viewers are typically among two types. The people who like subtitles typically care for accurate translation. And apparently many of the ones who prefer dubbed are into... well... porn.

What does that mean?  The subtitles have a more literal (and accurate) translation.  The dubs, however, have a completely different script, which more closely resembles American porn.  Plus they get porn stars to do the voices and make a big deal about it on the cover.

The end result... the two scripts differ IMMENSELY. Hearing how much stupider the dub dialog is than the literal translation is absolutely hilarious.

Of course, this doesn't apply to fansubs...

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »
That's hilarious!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2010, 01:56:25 pm »
I know this is late, I just thought of it now.  I am having my usual Anime Friday meeting at my house today 12-17-10.  It will be a Christmas themed viewing of various anime, including Toradora, Love Hina, School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, and many more.  The main event will be a showing of Tokyo Godfathers.  ;D   Anyone who wants to come can just drop in.  If you don't know how to find my place PM or E-Mail me and I will send you a map.  The fun starts at 7:00pm.  Hope to see you all here!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:12:44 pm by Wuntvor »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2010, 02:20:50 pm »
Dadgummit... if I weren't most of five hours away, this sounds like it would be a lot of fun. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2010, 06:27:36 am »
While we're at it, would anyone like to have a winter gathering/party sometime?

It's a bit late for a Christmas party, and I expect many of us will be busy for New Year's (I am), but it's been awhile and I'd like an excuse to see the cosplay gang again soon.

If nothing else, I'd quite enjoy hosting a game night.  We could play board games and Wii and so on. :)

P.S. - Sorry I missed, Wuntvor!  Hope you all had fun!

Apollo Justice

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2010, 08:23:58 pm »
I think it went pretty well.  Rem and her BF hadn't seen Tokyo Godfathers, so they enjoyed it.  I was hoping that Jeni and Taco could come, but I guess they had to get ready for the KCon meeting that was held today, so they couldn't come.  :(

I won't be having my Anime Friday on Christmas Eve, but I am thinking I may try having a New Years Eve stay up till Midnight viewing party.  Is anyone interested in attending something like that?  Let me know if you are.   ;D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #538 on: December 19, 2010, 12:52:43 am »
Cloud and I loved it.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #539 on: December 19, 2010, 01:04:23 am »
Sounds fun, but as I said, I think I'm already committed to something for New Year's.  I was hoping for a particularly social gathering.

Heck, is anybody who celebrates Christmas still Christmas shopping? We could organize a shopping trip, and top it off with dessert.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #540 on: December 19, 2010, 01:10:00 am »
If you are out and about, text me. Tomorrow I see Tron: Legacy! Tu and W, Solstice parties.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2010, 11:35:06 pm »
If you are out and about, text me. Tomorrow I see Tron: Legacy! Tu and W, Solstice parties.

Well shoot. I assume by "tomorrow" you meant "Dec. 19th."  I totally would have gone with you if I'd seen this post, but I didn't check the forums until now. And hey, you can always text me, as well...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:35:45 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #542 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:24 am »
Wuntor read it that way, too, but no, I went today. I work tomorrow.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #543 on: December 20, 2010, 03:39:43 am »
Wuntor read it that way, too, but no, I went today. I work tomorrow.

Agh. Posting five minutes after midnight!  I'm only more confused now.

Why don't you text me if you find yourself free and want to do something this week, and we'll work it out from there?

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2010, 06:08:56 am »
Ok.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2010, 06:10:20 am »
Ok.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »

I won't be having my Anime Friday on Christmas Eve, but I am thinking I may try having a New Years Eve stay up till Midnight viewing party.  Is anyone interested in attending something like that?  Let me know if you are.   ;D

I am going to have my viewing party after all.

Get details here
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:50:27 pm by Wuntvor »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2010, 04:09:48 pm »
FYI to anyone coming: The guy dressed like a priest isn't cosplaying, he's, yep, a priest. A very cool, cute, otaku, geeky, Creation Station panelist, who, by the way, also, is a priest.

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2011, 04:00:44 pm »
Hey, fellow Eugenians~ Hope each of you are living good and healthy lives. I know I am. But anyway, I came up with this meetup idea that I'm very excited about: An afternoon tea party! I'm thinking of having it sometime in May when the weather gets really nice and all the flowers in full bloom. How many of you would be interested? :3

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #549 on: February 09, 2011, 08:40:35 pm »
Anyone going to the Asian Celebration next weekend (19th & 20th)?

I am still trying to see if KumoriCon is doing anything there this year.  So far I haven't gotten any reply's, to my emails, nor have I seen any threads on the forum.  I plan to attend, and may even volunteer to work in the Children's Area doing origami.