Poll

Based on this Kumoricon, Would you attend next years at the same place?

Yes! Definitely
101 (48.1%)
Maybe, I would have to see some changes
76 (36.2%)
No! Definitely not!
21 (10%)
OTHER: PLEASE COMMENT!
12 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 207

Author Topic: Kumoricon 2010 Attendance  (Read 27807 times)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon 2010 Attendance
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2010, 09:49:10 pm »
All I can say is we are doing everything we can to make this year better then last year. this includes working with the Hotel Staff and Security to better preapre the, for this coming convention
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Pchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »
Well, 8D thank you~
n/a

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2010, 01:28:31 am »
As moderator, I've edited a couple of posts in this thread to remove comments and information of a personal nature regarding a hotel employee.

It's ok to complain about issues and incidents, but the portions I've removed are overly personal and don't belong in the convention's public forum. Remember, Kumoricon interacts with the hotel as an entity, not their individual employees, and employers are responsible for employee actions.

You may express your opinion about the hotel and the way you are treated, but if you have issues with a specific hotel employee that you feel needs follow-up, please privately email hotel@kumoricon.org with the relevant information.

Thanks.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2010, 11:54:18 pm »
Well im going this year. So I hope it will be awesome (though not having any guests announced is scary for this close to con)
+ I wouldnt be able to sit at home if I knew the con was going on without me ^^
AX- Aqua (kh), Sakura Haruno
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline nailbunnygirl

• Oni
    • www.myspace.com/nailbunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2010, 09:51:16 pm »
This is going to be my first con and we and my hubby are using this as a hunnymoon. so i cant wait. hope to meet alot of new people.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2010, 12:10:19 pm »
This is my 5th year at K-con, and while I did find the hotel staff much more high strung than usual, there were also more people than usual. I did experience first hand the hostility of one of the hotel staff, but you have to remember that they're watching after all of us to make sure nothing happens for hours at a time. And you can't deny that many con goers don't have the most patience. I definitely heard one guest shout profanity at a hotel staff member, though they ignored it. They get upset if they're going to miss an event because the elevator person won't allow one more person on, with good reason. But there really is nothing that the staff can do; these rules are set in place, and its for your/guests that aren't part of the con's safety.
Getting upset at the hotel staff won't do anything, and this year, put yourself in their shoes for a moment, with all that chaos, and frankly, some nasty attitudes, around you. I know I wouldn't last 2 hours with all of it around me.

All in all, if hotel staff are rubbing you the wrong way, just walk away, and do something else. If they're blocking the only way down to an event (which is very unlikely :|), there's nothing you can do about it, and there are a lot of people in the same boat as you.
Honestly, cons are meant to be a pleasant experience, and you shouldn't let a stressed out staff member ruin that for you.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:53 pm »
This is my 5th year at K-con, and while I did find the hotel staff much more high strung than usual, there were also more people than usual. I did experience first hand the hostility of one of the hotel staff, but you have to remember that they're watching after all of us to make sure nothing happens for hours at a time. And you can't deny that many con goers don't have the most patience. I definitely heard one guest shout profanity at a hotel staff member, though they ignored it. They get upset if they're going to miss an event because the elevator person won't allow one more person on, with good reason. But there really is nothing that the staff can do; these rules are set in place, and its for your/guests that aren't part of the con's safety.
Getting upset at the hotel staff won't do anything, and this year, put yourself in their shoes for a moment, with all that chaos, and frankly, some nasty attitudes, around you. I know I wouldn't last 2 hours with all of it around me.

All in all, if hotel staff are rubbing you the wrong way, just walk away, and do something else. If they're blocking the only way down to an event (which is very unlikely :|), there's nothing you can do about it, and there are a lot of people in the same boat as you.
Honestly, cons are meant to be a pleasant experience, and you shouldn't let a stressed out staff member ruin that for you.

Have you thought of becoming staff? We need people like you with that personality
=^_^=

Offline asdfAnimeProductions

• Sailor Scout
    • asdfAnimeProductions-youtube!
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:14 am »
Yep, im goin. :D

Offline Mykath

• Cabbit
    • dA Account
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 05:12:24 pm »
Everything that went wrong in 09 will hopefully be talked about and resolved, and the hotel staff now know what chaos incarnate is like. XD

In all honesty, 2010 can only be better than 2009. I wasn't sure if I was going, but I decided that if I didn't go, I'd regret it.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2010, 08:07:53 pm »
Everything that went wrong in 09 will hopefully be talked about and resolved, and the hotel staff now know what chaos incarnate is like. XD

I Can Guarantee this, Registration will be much better this year, i was in the front of the line last year, i know how bad it was. So, i redesigned it, and got turned down, and redesigned it again, and was approved. Sat and sun reg lines will be for the most part covered, so no standing in the weather.

We have worked hard to make this year better than last year. If you have any questions, ask a yojimbo, they are there to assist you.
=^_^=

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2010, 02:09:49 pm »
What Pyro said, but also

Ask any staffer, they are there to assist you
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »
Have my badge but probably won't go. Don't see the point.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2010, 02:26:01 pm »
Have my badge but probably won't go. Don't see the point.

Wow that's a negative attitude. Go for the fun of it? You've already paid money so it'd be a waste not to. Plus even if you're going alone there's loads to do and you'll be far from bored.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2010, 10:04:06 pm »
I'm going~
It's going to be my second year, and always the 'epic fun' thing to do before school starts with a few friends.
(Kcon = 4th to 6th, school starts on the 8th so it works out PERFECTLY <3)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2010, 06:27:10 pm »
I've got something i want to get off my chest. Kumoricon staff, i don't know how in the world you managed to get Todd Haberkorn and Tiffany Grant to come but all I can say is kudos (applause) to you. This Kumoricon looks like it''s going to be fantastic!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:07:38 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2010, 03:24:23 am »
Yes, I'm sooo excited! Let's get this show on the road!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012