Author Topic: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread  (Read 907536 times)

Offline Usui Uzumaki

• Oni
Re: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 17, 2012, 02:09:57 pm »

I hope these images help.

Hi! I'm a girl.  I'm about 5'9-5'10, 135 pounds, brown hair, blue eyes.  I really love Naruto, One-Piece, and Blue Exortist.  But I was thinking of going with Korra, from the Legend of Korra (Sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender). 

I am willing to:
Sew, nothing extremely difficult
I don't really need a wig, so no
Budget, about 0-100 but prefer cheaper.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1201 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »
These pictures aren't going to be very good because I'm not a good picture pilot. The last one is just so you can see my body type (I'm the one on the left). I'm pretty average-sized. You can't tell in the picture but my boobs are pretty big too, so I'm cut out to cosplay as well-endowed characters. I'm 5' 5" but I can wear heels if the character wears heels, pale skin but I could do some tanning, um, I don't want to crossplay. Genderbending, maybe. I can wear a wig or contacts or paint my skin, whatever, as long as it's a character I could pull off with the way my face and body look. :)

Firstly, welcome to the forums, Upvane. Is this your first year coming to Kumoricon? If so, double-welcome. Also, that shirt? *thumbs up* Love The Devil's Rejects.

As for cosplay, you remind me of a few characters, but what anime/games do you like? Knowing your preferences will be a good guide.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1202 on: August 20, 2012, 09:03:50 pm »
I'll link to my photos because they're giant. D:
They're all of me cosplaying the Vocaloid Gakupo because I'm not all that comfortable posting a picture of my normal self where everyone can see it...

one, two, three, four (with Luka, who follows me everywhere I go)

I'm five feet six inches and 113 lbs. I'm a girl. My normal hair is bronze-brown, shiny and very curly (you can see it tied back in the last two pictures). Also, I have blue eyes, but I don't usually consider eye color important.

I've considered the Vocaloid Len as well, because he was my first choice before I discovered Gakupo, and I essentially have the exact same voice range. I've also considered Aihi from Kekkaishi, although I'm not sure because I have never ever seen another Kekkaishi cosplayer and I'm worried nobody would recognize me D:
Also, I seem to like cosplaying fewer lead characters. I've never considered Tokine from Kekkaishi or Sakura from Naruto or anything like that.

As for anime/manga/game series, I'm into Bleach, Kekkaishi, Blue Exorcist, some Naruto, and this one dark manga called Dorohedoro that doesn't have too many readers (i think). I've also watched Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho and Wolf's Rain, but I'm not as into those.
Vocaloid, too, but I think I'm covered for that.

I don't mind crossplay, and I can get wigs... as for budget, as long as it's not higher than ~$120 for a costume I should be fine. Sewing is a possibility, too!

...Um, I hope I got everything right. XD
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1203 on: September 06, 2012, 01:47:17 pm »
Ok, I'm going to try this again since I'm thinking about ideas for 2013.

I'm ok with either female or male cosplays.

Contacts scare me but if it were the perfect cosplay, I might be willing to wear them. My eyes are naturally blue/gray. It would be better to just have a character with blue/gray/black eyes if possible.

I do not want to do large amounts of make-up or change my skin color but I'm willing to do some.

I don't want to cut/color my hair but I will wear wigs no problem.

At Sakura-Con 2011, I was Ruka Souen from Vampire Knight. This year at Kumoricon, on day one I was Hina Ichigo from Rozen Maiden, day 2 Temari (first outfit) from Naruto and day 3 I was a fem Leon Orcot from Pet Shop of Horrors. I'm going to Sakura-Con again this year and so far I plan to be Flea from the game Chrono Trigger and Saeko from Highschool of the Dead.

I don't want my tattoos showing and don't want to use make-up to cover them so outfits that cover to around the elbows would be good. I'm fairly short. Just under 5'4"

Pictures:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6dorxVfxpYs/UDhBjWpGXqI/AAAAAAAAIAA/FP7wpUWwbvg/s439/GEDC0302.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-yAfnHIEvOXg/T2z9lmaaOoI/AAAAAAAAD6g/FciA7chNTR8/s439/0.jpg

I'm very picky about getting the details right as well.  <.< >.>

Oh, I should add, money isn't TOO much of an issue.  I can't sew well but I can do small alterations of clothing I find at thrift stores and such.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:53:43 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
    • Cosplay CONfidential Youtube Channel
« Reply #1204 on: September 08, 2012, 12:49:00 am »
Male
Brown Hair
Blue Eyes
5"8'
Medium-Small build
I like lots of action anime, like shonen and stuff, which is what got me into anime, but I've enjoyed plenty of other kinds since then. Just as long as an anime is intelligently written, I enjoy it. I haven't been watching a lot lately, so I'm open to suggestions of characters I've never heard of. I just want to know who you guys think I look like.
Some of my favorites are;
Baccano, Ghost in the Shell, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist, Deathnote, Yu-Yu-Hakusho
And I'm sure I've forgotten about a dozen.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #1205 on: September 09, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »
do you think i could pull off a sandplay gakupo??

or are there any other ideas?
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline SpaceCubaLikesConan

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1206 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:40 pm »
Male
Brown Hair
Blue Eyes
5"8'
Medium-Small build
I like lots of action anime, like shonen and stuff, which is what got me into anime, but I've enjoyed plenty of other kinds since then. Just as long as an anime is intelligently written, I enjoy it. I haven't been watching a lot lately, so I'm open to suggestions of characters I've never heard of. I just want to know who you guys think I look like.
Some of my favorites are;
Baccano, Ghost in the Shell, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist, Deathnote, Yu-Yu-Hakusho
And I'm sure I've forgotten about a dozen.

Cosplay Ladd Russo from Baccano. I'd love you forever if you did.
2014 line-up:

Robin- Young Justice
Sailor Vulcan - Sailor Moon/Star Trek crack crossover
Wiccan - Young Avengers
Allison Argent - Teen Wolf

Cons:
-Kumoricon
- BITEcon

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1207 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22:57 pm »

Bloop
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:17:55 am by CyberIncision »

Offline RobinOfLocksley

• Cabbit
    • Cosplay CONfidential Youtube Channel
« Reply #1208 on: September 09, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »
Cosplay Ladd Russo from Baccano. I'd love you forever if you did.
Ah HELL naw.
Ladd is a Grade A douchebag. He creeps me the math out.
Lol, any other ideas?

Offline musicalmaxwell

• Cabbit
« Reply #1209 on: September 12, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »
Getting ideas for Sakuracon~~

I am the person on the right. Right now, I have a Cole Mohr haircut going on, so obviously, I will probably need a wig for any cosplays. Its super short, buzz cut on the sides.
http://s12.postimage.org/902o3z6ez/IMG_2794_ZF_6866_45282_1_001.jpg
I am 130 lbs, not necessarily muscular but I have been working on it. I am female to male transgendered, so I prefer male characters. Bulky cosplays that would hide my chest are preferred!
Anime/Manga/Game series that you like
I like My Little Pony and would suggest dressing as a pony. I was thinking about a Vinyl Scratch "fursuit" for a while. I also really like video games such as Chrono Trigger (I was Chrono this year) and Pokemon, Phoenix Wright, NiGHTS, Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman, Minecraft, and retro gaming. Honestly, I'm not into Anime as much as other people, but I do really like Ouron, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica, Code Lyoko (I know, not Anime).

I really adore traditional Japanese cosplays. Honestly, I am more into Japanese culture than Anime, and would love to get the chance to do something that allows me to show my vast knowledge of Japanese culture and language. Unfortunately, I have not watched very many period Anime... but if you suggest a cosplay to me, I will make a point to watch the Anime/movie it is from.

I am willing to do wigs, i sew, and my foster mom also sews and always helps me with costumes. I can't do contacts, and I am blind as a bat without my glasses.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1210 on: September 12, 2012, 06:24:36 pm »
I got skipped >.<

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:37:57 am by CyberIncision »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #1211 on: September 12, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »
We got skipped >.<

It's an offbeat romantic comedy rather than action, but how about Harima Kenji and either Tsukamoto Yakumo or Tsukamoto Tenma from School Rumble?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Hydra

• Oni
    • Cosplay CONfidentiel FAN PAGE
« Reply #1212 on: September 16, 2012, 02:43:26 pm »
ROBIN. WHY DO YOU DISRESPECT LADD? WHAT HAVE I TAUGHT YOU? ... My turn. (:

This is girly me looking amused:

OR pensive:

And here is some manly me:

And:

I do not mind being male or female, wearing glasses or having another hair color or style. I am just wondering who I look like to you. (:
*~*Founder and Leader of Cosplay CONfidential*~*

http://www.facebook.com/cosconnw

Offline lanfanandsophie

• Oni
« Reply #1213 on: September 19, 2012, 11:36:31 am »
Me: I'm about 5'3 and have a sturdy build. I look rather young for my age(15), with a chubby face.
My eyes are, well, interesting. They sometimes look green, blue or like they have specks of gold. My hair is shoulder length, though I'm intending to grow it out. Its a honey blonde. My skin is Fitzpatrick Type 3.
And another reference...people often say I look a lot like Anna Chlumsky.
Oh, and I'm a girl.

My hair's darker though...more...

Animes I Like: Fullmetal Alchemist manga/Brotherhood. Some of you may have seen me as Lan Fan. I also like The Last Exile, Black Butler, Lovely Complex, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Tortoro, and Ouran School Host Club. Oh, and Hetalia.
I'm considering someone from Last Exile, Ouran, Hetalia or FMA again. I'm not really sure yet-maybe some from someone else, or anime that I haven't yet watched.
What I'm Willing to Do:I'm not a amazing sewer. I can do basic stuff. Also, since Kumoricon is in such a hot part of the year for three days, something fairly comfortable. Or that I can make comfortable. I learned this the hard way after wearing a mask with no mouth hole for three days...
Wigs, maybe. I generally don't like them, but a good one-and cool one-might be okay. I prefer dying my hair though. Overall I'd would like something that works with my hair, but don't let that stop you from giving other suggestions.
I'm fine with doing other genders.
And the costume should be fairly modest.

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #1214 on: September 30, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »
We got skipped >.<

Who should we cosplay? :D
Left me, right him

Female - Male
Brown Hair Currently - Black natural
Dark brown, dark brown
5"8' - 6"3'
Very small build - medium build
We like basically the same things, action horror animes, DBZ, Cyborg 009, Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon, Tekken Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Metal Gear Solid, .hack, Azumanga Daioh, Big O, FLCL, Ghost in the shell, Detroit Metal City, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Excel Saga, Gantz, Sekerei, Speed Grapher, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

We can do almost anything (He has an astigmatism and cant do colored contacts)

I think it'd be cool if you did launch from dbz and he did tapkar from dbz.

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #1215 on: September 30, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »
ROBIN. WHY DO YOU DISRESPECT LADD? WHAT HAVE I TAUGHT YOU? ... My turn. (:

This is girly me looking amused:

OR pensive:

And here is some manly me:

And:

I do not mind being male or female, wearing glasses or having another hair color or style. I am just wondering who I look like to you. (:

Black widow from the avengers, (younger) Remus Lupin from Harry Potter, Bankotsu from Inuyasha, or Mika from Gravitation :D
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline ishpumalibu

• Chibi
« Reply #1216 on: October 01, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »
Lanfan

The main girl from kimi no todoke.

Offline upvane

• Oni
« Reply #1217 on: October 12, 2012, 03:57:10 am »
EveofAbyss, yes it is! And thank you! :D I don't really have any preferences, I can do any character from any fandom except Homestuck as long as I resemble them in the face and body type and could pull them off. :)

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1218 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »
It's been awhile since I've popped onto the forums here so I thought I might see what you guys thought. Plus I'm running low on ideas right now. >.<

Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline daniellevj51397

• Oni
« Reply #1219 on: October 31, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »
My first time on the site!!
I'm 5"4 female and have an average/curvy build.
My budget is anywhere to $120.
Wigs and weapons are fine with me.
I like animes like Durarara, Naruto, Bleach, Hetalia, Soul Eater and manny others. I also enjoy games like Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.
So who do you think i should cosplay as?

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #1220 on: November 07, 2012, 05:35:46 pm »
Hey there,

I'm already starting to prepare and I am thinking of getting another cosplay, but I'm not sure who I should be.

First off, I am a female. I'm also 5'7 and a medium size build.

Things I'm not willing to do:

Have a skimpy outfit.

Can't be uncomfortable.

Animes that I like: Sailor Moon, Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Ouran High School Host Club, ToraDora, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, Kobato, Hetalia, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra and Chrono Crusade. Although, I am open to any character that doesn't belong to any of the mentioned series. :)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1221 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:53 pm »
Hey there,

I'm already starting to prepare and I am thinking of getting another cosplay, but I'm not sure who I should be.

Have a skimpy outfit.

Can't be uncomfortable.

Animes that I like: Sailor Moon, Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Ouran High School Host Club, ToraDora, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, Kobato, Hetalia, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra and Chrono Crusade. Although, I am open to any character that doesn't belong to any of the mentioned series. :)

Lottie was my first thought.  But maybe also as Korra.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1222 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »
My first time on the site!!
I'm 5"4 female and have an average/curvy build.
My budget is anywhere to $120.
Wigs and weapons are fine with me.
I like animes like Durarara, Naruto, Bleach, Hetalia, Soul Eater and manny others. I also enjoy games like Silent Hill, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil.
So who do you think i should cosplay as?

This might be difficult, but it'd be really cool if you could be Celty from Durarara (just take off the helmet unless you're getting a picture taken or are in some sort of situation requiring being in a full cosplay.
Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1223 on: November 18, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »
Hey there,

Have a skimpy outfit.

Can't be uncomfortable.

If you're willing to cross dress, you could probably do Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1224 on: November 18, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »
Going to try this again for next year
I'm a 13 year old female, 5'0 and I'm small build.
I have shoulder length strawberry-blonde hair and brown eyes (I do wear glasses but can do without).
I will do anything except for colored contacts (but I could try getting some)  or anything over the top like weapons.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:17:54 pm by 4evaRyuk »
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1225 on: November 18, 2012, 09:36:03 pm »
Going to try this again for next year
I'm a 13 year old female, 5'0 and I'm small build.
I have shoulder length strawberry-blonde hair and brown eyes (I do wear glasses but can do without).
I will do anything except for colored contacts (but I could try getting some)  or anything over the top like weapons.

My first thought was Taiga from Toradora.

Offline iSmellMusic

• Cabbit
    • iSmellMusic's Blog
« Reply #1226 on: December 31, 2012, 07:53:54 pm »
So I'm a 15 (will be 16 in February) female, 5'5", medium build and shoulder length dirty blond hair, and I don't wear glasses.

I'm having trouble deciding who to go as this upcoming Kumoricon, though my original plan was Flandre I'm not sure I'm experienced enough with conventions to go to one with large wings and a prop. ^^;

I kind of want to crossplay as Russia, but I'm not sure what I should do. ^^;

Some anime/things I like: MLP:FiM, Hetalia, FullMetal Alchemist, InuYasha, Touhou, Vocaloid, GinTama, Panty and Stocking

I do not want an outfit that shows a lot of skin.  The most I'll allow is as much as Hatsune Miku shows.

Decided on my costumes for this year.  Russia, Miku and maybe Terezi.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:24:16 pm by iSmellMusic »

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1227 on: January 10, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »
Hey there! I have this wig that I need to use for a cosplay since it is gorgeous and has only been worn once.

The wig looks a bit more yellow IRL, so that's where I'm stuck in choosing a character.
This will most likely not go to Kcon13, but I just want to have some idea of what to use it for in the future.

I'm a girl, 5'3"ish, and smallish build.
I like a lot of anime and video games.
I tried using the anime character search engine, but it just wasn't working for me in that I didn't recognize ANYONE. That being said I have never really played Dating Sims, so try and leave those out for me. To add, I won't be a hentai or super slutty character.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

First Year-KCon12 : Haruhi Fujioka, Ryoga Hibiki

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1228 on: January 15, 2013, 05:21:45 am »
ooh~ It reminds me of Olivier Armstrong from fma:b

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2617/49002/Olivier.JPG
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:23:40 am by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1229 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:41 pm »
ooh~ It reminds me of Olivier Armstrong from fma:b

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2617/49002/Olivier.JPG
that's a good idea! she's totally boss.
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

Offline SebbyxKitties

• Cabbit
« Reply #1230 on: January 26, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »
I'm thirteen years old, small frame, 5'0, as well as female. I have fair-olive skin, long dark brown hair, and light blue eyes.
I do wear glasses but I can survive without them for 'con.
I like Black Butler, Tokyo Mew Mew, Maid Sama, Soul Eater, Hetalia, Ouran High, Mermaid Melody, Death Note, Azumanaga Daioh, (MLP too!) and, well I've tested about twenty others but the one's listed are those I've come to like more than the rest. (Yes I have read Homestuck) My price ranges from none and all the way to two hundred dollars. Sorry, but I don't sew. I'm comfortable with wearing wigs and I'd prefer if I could match the character's eye color. Please nothing revealing or over the top girly. {Other than Lady Ciel.}
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:26:11 pm by SebbyxKitties »
"I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."

Offline SebbyxKitties

• Cabbit
« Reply #1231 on: January 26, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »
Hey there! I have this wig that I need to use for a cosplay since it is gorgeous and has only been worn once.

The wig looks a bit more yellow IRL, so that's where I'm stuck in choosing a character.
This will most likely not go to Kcon13, but I just want to have some idea of what to use it for in the future.

I tried using the anime character search engine, but it just wasn't working for me in that I didn't recognize ANYONE. That being said I have never really played Dating Sims, so try and leave those out for me. To add, I won't be a hentai or super slutty character.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Fluttershy from My Little Pony { Friendship is Magic }? :3
"I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1232 on: January 27, 2013, 07:08:40 am »
I'm thirteen years old, small frame, 5'0, as well as female. I have fair-olive skin, long dark brown hair, and light blue eyes.
I like Black Butler, Tokyo Mew Mew, Maid Sama, Soul Eater, Hetalia, Ouran High, Mermaid Melody, Death Note, Azumanaga Daioh, (MLP too!) and, well I've tested about twenty others but the one's listed are those I've come to like more than the rest. (Yes I have read Homestuck) My price ranges from none and all the way to two hundred dollars. Sorry, but I don't sew. I'm comfortable with wearing wigs and I'd prefer if I could match the character's eye color. Please nothing revealing or over the top girly. {Other than Lady Ciel.}

Have you tried CANAAN? You sound like you would make a really good Canaan.
http://www.animebox.eu/wallpapers/d/21573-1/canaan+-+016.png
I know her eyes aren't blue, but it's close enough.

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1233 on: January 27, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

I second the Olivier, but it also looks a bit like Shion from Psychopass (well if you cut it a bit)

Offline SebbyxKitties

• Cabbit
« Reply #1234 on: January 27, 2013, 08:03:48 pm »

Have you tried CANAAN? You sound like you would make a really good Canaan.
http://www.animebox.eu/wallpapers/d/21573-1/canaan+-+016.png
I know her eyes aren't blue, but it's close enough.

I'll give CANAAN a try! :3 Thank you!

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1235 on: January 31, 2013, 11:18:22 pm »

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

I second the Olivier, but it also looks a bit like Shion from Psychopass (well if you cut it a bit)

These are great ideas! Thanks so much!

Offline eloseiv

• Oni
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1236 on: February 24, 2013, 05:26:02 pm »
Aah what the hey, this could be interesting!

<----This is me, I'm just at the 5'4" mark and am a bit... marshmallow-y, but I'm working on that! I'm kind of a dark blonde and I'm planning on getting a pixie cut next month, so by k-con it'll be really short. Wigs aren't an issue and I don't mind sewing. I honestly don't care if it's an anime, video game, or t.v. show.

So knock yourselves out...?
aph Ukraine: 99%
Team Plasma Grunt: 1%

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #1237 on: February 27, 2013, 08:31:31 pm »

I'm a female with an athletic build and is 5'6". I have short blonde hair and blue eyes. My face is almost square shaped.
I am open to pretty much any anime, manga or video game character.
I love to crossplay though as for my sewing abilities...there are none. XD
The wigs I have are a short pixie cut like dirty blonde one and a long curly black wig; though I'm fine with buying a new one. :)

Any ideas?  :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:35:53 pm by DasDeutsch »
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1238 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:03 pm »

I'm a female with an athletic build and is 5'6". I have short blonde hair and blue eyes. My face is almost square shaped.
I am open to pretty much any anime, manga or video game character.
I love to crossplay though as for my sewing abilities...there are none. XD
The wigs I have are a short pixie cut like dirty blonde one and a long curly black wig; though I'm fine with buying a new one. :)

Any ideas?  :P

Your image immediately reminded me of Canaan, the lead heroine from the anime Canaan.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Axxon007

• Oni
« Reply #1239 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:51 pm »
Hello All,

I am beginning to prepare for the upcoming Kumoricon, and I am trying to find a cosplay that I can pull off well, and being an under-enlightened otaku is not helping my case. So I have turned to all of you, asking that you assist me in my dilemma.

I am 6' 2" male with very dark blonde hair. I have a sturdy build and I am slightly barrel-chested. Not exactly the build of an anime character.
I am willing to dress in anything, wigs included, save for cross-dressing (Sorry, I know I spoiled your fun) and full body armor. Also no unreasonable weapons (*coughCloudcough)* please.
I am willing to post pictures if requested.

Anything that is suggested that I haven't seen or read immediately goes on the list to do so.

Thank you for your help and good luck!  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:59:09 pm by Axxon007 »

Offline Jarotz

• Oni
« Reply #1240 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:21 pm »
I'm Male, 6'0", 135 lbs, and have a slim build

The left and right pictures are of the current me and my auburn-ish curly hair, with and without glasses as I'm nearsighted (I don't have a problem not wearing them, though). The center photo is several years old, of me with my hair straightened for a school play.

I'm really into a few different things; Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, FMA: Brotherhood, Toradora!, Clannad: After Story, Firefly, american comics/superheroes, and Lord of the Rings among a great many others. I'm not a fan of Death Note or Evangelion, though.

I do have Scott Pilgrim as a fallback, but I've always been one of those "go big or go home" kind of guys when it comes to this stuff.

That being said, I'm cool with wearing makeup, masks, wigs dying/straightening/cutting/letting my hair grow out and the like, elaborate costumes, etc. I just got a job so I'll be able to put some real money into this if I wanted. I haven't tried my hand at building (armor) or sewing, but I know people that do. I won't Crossplay though.

That about covers it... I'm open to suggestions (I guess I wouldn't be here if I wasn't)
Okay, 3... 2... 1... Let's Jam.

Offline Jarotz

• Oni
« Reply #1241 on: March 06, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »
Hello All,

I am beginning to prepare for the upcoming Kumoricon, and I am trying to find a cosplay that I can pull off well, and being an under-enlightened otaku is not helping my case. So I have turned to all of you, asking that you assist me in my dilemma.

I am 6' 2" male with very dark blonde hair. I have a sturdy build and I am slightly barrel-chested. Not exactly the build of an anime character.
I am willing to dress in anything, wigs included, save for cross-dressing (Sorry, I know I spoiled your fun) and full body armor. Also no unreasonable weapons (*coughCloudcough)* please.

Anything that is suggested that I haven't seen or read immediately goes on the list to do so.

I just started this series, but your description made me think of the character Sentarou from Kids On The Slope. If you can keep a beat, it'll just add to it. :)

Offline Axxon007

• Oni
« Reply #1242 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:35 pm »
Hello All,

I just started this series, but your description made me think of the character Sentarou from Kids On The Slope. If you can keep a beat, it'll just add to it. :)
So, I guess it would help that I am in both concert and jazz band? Although I play the tenor sax, not the drums.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:11:38 pm by Axxon007 »

Offline Jarotz

• Oni
« Reply #1243 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:27 pm »
Hello All,

So, I guess it would help that I am in both concert and jazz band? Although I play the tenor sax, not the drums.

Most definitely, dude. And if you're into Jazz, you might dig this show. It's about a group of students that get together to play Jazz in the 60's.

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1244 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:28 pm »
Hello All,

Might be helpful to have a picture of you, but based on your description I thought Tohru from Shiki. Not sure whether or not that works, and his hair's fairly light, but it could work.

Maybe writing what kind of stuff you like would be helpful.
Also finding a decent picture of Tohru was far more difficult than it should have been....

Offline MaskedAngel

• Oni
« Reply #1245 on: March 12, 2013, 11:24:59 am »
I'm a girl and am 5'6-7, I'm pretty sure. I have long blonde hair and green eyes. I have to wear glasses but I can take them off for pictures.
Anime: Wolf's Rain,  Howl's Moving Castle, The Cat Returns, Spirited Away, The Last Airbender,
Other: Silent Hill, Doctor Who, Supernatural, BioShock, Uncharted, Deus Ex
I cosplayed as Olivia Dunham from Fringe and Emma Swan from OUAT last year.

I'm still new at this and I don't really want to wear contacts. I can do wings and stuff, but I have no skill in sewing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:32:06 am by MaskedAngel »

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #1246 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:27 am »
Hey guys, I'm stuck again this year!
I want my next cosplay to be pretty rad (armour, props, etc.).
I plan on doing TERA online or something from Lineage II - as the mmo's have pretty outrageous stuff. With that being said, I'm still just so unsure!
Is there anything you guys see fitting for my face/body that has some pazazz? Thanks guys!! =]

I'm tanned, 4'11 (5'4 in heels), 38-28-37, wigs/contacts o.k

I like goats.

Offline Lulu_Autumn

• Cabbit
« Reply #1247 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12:34 pm »
Im curious.
I am pretty pale, really dark brown almost black eyes, I'm pretty short, 5'1 or something like that, and I use wigs.
I cross-play so free  free to throw out male characters as well.

Offline Myflyingboat

• Cabbit
« Reply #1248 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:37 pm »

[size=78%]Hey, so my younger brother (who is 17) finally said he would come to kcon. He is 5ft 7in, with short, brown/blonde hair. He is kind of built(or chubby) but can be all muscle by kcon. He wants someone who has rolled up sleeves, and no wig. I don't want him wearing black if it is going to be hot. Me and my boyfriend are going as Yoko and Kamina, but my brothers cosplay doesn't have to be from Gurren Lagann.[/size]
[size=78%]I have someone who is going to make all of our outfits, so dificulty isnt a problem.[/size]
Just a cute little neko trying to find a warm lap to curl up on. >^.^<

Kumoricon 2013
All of the days: Belle from Beauty and the Beast with group of Disney Princesses

Offline Notclose2perfect

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My teenage blog
« Reply #1249 on: April 06, 2013, 08:25:31 pm »

Description: I'm a girl, I have red hair that's fading back to light brown. My body size is Bust: 41 in,Waist Size: 36 in ,Hip Size: 44 in,Height: 63 in, but I look bigger then I am. I am really pale. My eyes are light green/blue but it does change. I generally wear eyeliner only on my water line....

Anime and manga:Pokemon,Demon King, Shuffle, Naruto, Sailor Moon,Black Birds,I Am Here. (Those are the only one the comes to mind at the moment.)

Cosplay considering or doing: lThis year I am for sure going as Sakura from Naruto but I am too pale even for her. I want to see if I could be Harley Quinn and I wanted to do misty but her legs shows too much.....

Willingness: I'm willing to buy wigs (Look at notclose2pefect on instagram to seethem.) and cosplay. I want to spend under 100 on each one, I have no sewing skill what so ever.. Oh and I won't be able to do any eye contact kind of things...
I kinda have a hard time cosplaying consdering I hate my leg and tummy showing because  I looks fat. I am willing to try step out my comfort zone a little....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:28:39 pm by Notclose2perfect »
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplay: Sakura Haruno- 80% done, I need the headband and shoes...

Harley Quinn- 100% Done!