Author Topic: First Episode Theater - Anime Friday in Eugene  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
First Episode Theater - Anime Friday in Eugene
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:23:30 pm »
Well gang, all of the new shows are starting on the other side of the Pacific.  I have a line-up of first episodes for those who want to come this Friday and see the newest of the new.  Here is what I have so far:

Clannad After Story  -  We still haven't watched the last episode of the original, by the way.

Toradora -  I liked where this one is going.  2 kids ostracized by their peers because they look like deliquents.

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - It is OK, may get better.  A harem anime.

Kannagi - Why you shouldn't go around cutting down sacred trees and giving them to wood carvers.  A new spin on the goddess spending her first time as a human.  Like it so far.

Kyou no Go no Ni - Sort of Azumanga Daiou meets Miname-ke.  A school life comedy.

Ninja Senshi Tobikage - OK, not new, in fact a 1985-86 anime, but a subbing group just decided to do it.  Ninja Robots, yea!  Kind of made me think of Zoids and Voltron.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - Someone get Dustin a bib, he's drooling again. (Inside joke)

Tales of the Abyss - You liked the video game, now watch the anime.  If you never played the game you may be lost.  Didn't think much of this one, but then I never played the game.  It may get better though.

To Aru Majutsu no Index - GAH!  This anime has no idea what it wants to be.  Looks interesting though.  Future world of paranormal students (Think GetBackers) One student has power of his right hand that negates all other powers, both magical and paranormal.  He encounters a nun called simply Index, who has all of the forbidden magical knowledge in her head. (FMP) They have a small argument about magic being real.  You will like how proving his ability effects her magic.  Anyway, it seems the head magical society wants her dead, or at least contained.  Mages vs Paranormals.  Let the battle begin!

Kuro Shitsuji - Hayate goes goth!  The demon butler.  A comedy for the twisted.  Looks good. (evil grin)

Rosario + Vampire Capu2 - They're back!  Oh, and now the vampire sister makes her appearance.

Let the watching begin!  Hope to see you all this Friday, October 10th, at 7:00pm.  Don't miss the first episode!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:25:55 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Nekojimei

• Sailor Scout
    • DA
Re: First Episode Theater - Anime Friday in Eugene
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:11:48 pm »

I've never heard of any of these animes :/ I may look into it though

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 09:32:49 pm »
A lot of these shows are from last season.  We are just starting a new season.  Many shows are just now airing their first episode.  I hope to hear from you soon.   :)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:22:44 pm »
They are all not out in the US yet
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:52:00 pm »
They are all not out in the US yet

That is why I show them on Anime Friday, so you can be among the first to see them in the US!

Here is the list of new shows I have for next Anime Friday:

Akikan! - (”Empty Can”) is the unlikely story of high school boy Kakeru Daichi, whose can of melon juice soda magically transforms into a human girl. Naturally, more “akikan” girls begin appearing, each of them needing to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.  A definite maybe.  This show is weird.

Maria Holic - This is a story about a high school girl, who is scared of boys, who enrolls in an all girls school, hoping to find a female romantic partner. However, her ideal candidate turns out to be a cross-dressing boy!  As weird as it sounds the first episode was rather fun.  Another definite maybe.

White Album - Tóya Fuji, a college student, is dating a rising idol singer named Yuki Morikawa. There are numerous challenges to the couple's relationship from the other people at Fuji's college, Morikawa's work, and elsewhere.   I haven't watched it all the way through yet.  Seems sort of slow and beautiful.

Asu no Yoichi - Having been raised and trained for the past seventeen years as a traditional samurai 'bushi', Yoichi was surprised when his father suddenly announces that there nothing more that he could teach his son, but he arranges for Yoichi to continue training at a dojo owned by one of his fathers friends. So now, Yoichi must leave the tranquility of his remote rural mountain life and move to city to live with his fathers friend's family to continue his studies. And if learning how to cope with city life were not hard enough, he finds himself living with 4 beautiful sisters, and having to endure a ‘training’ regiment more severe than he could ever imagine.....  This has overtones of Kenichi and Ranma as well as Bamboo Blade and other anime of that ilk.  I like it a lot!

Sora o Kakeru Shoujo - ("Girl Who Leapt Through Space") The story is set in the year 311 of the Orbital Calendar, when humanity has migrated to countless colony clusters in space. A space colony girl named Akiha Shishidō encounters a malevolent artificial intelligence named Leopard that has been installed on a colony. Akiha is joined by an Inter-Colony Police officer named Itsuki Kannagi, a taciturn young girl named Honoka Kawai, and a robot named Imoko "Imo-chan" Shishidou.  Ok, this show is sort of weird, and difficult to follow, they try to do to much in the first episode, but I like it just the same.

Koukaku no Regios - The world was infected by "Pollutant" years ago - world cracked open and generally screwed up. This Pollutant spawns nasty "Pollutant Beasts", but it's also resulted in people gaining special powers. The towns that now litter the world are protected by alchemists and are mobile - these are the "Regios" of the title.  The story follows a guy named Lei-Fon Alseif who starts at a new school following the disappearance of his childhood friend and gets recruited into the special 17th Platoon in order to combat Pollutant Beasts.  This is a pretty good show so far.  Has that sort of disjointed feeling you get with shows like ScryEd, Eureka 7, and Elemental Gelade.

Ride Back - Based on a manga by Kasahara Tetsurou, about a young girl who joins university in 2020, a tumultuous time of oppression and anti-government student riots, and comes across the weird Ride Back Club devoted to "Iron Horse" robot motorcycles.  The description is sort of weak.  The girl was going to be a ballerina, but tore a ligament in her ankle.  The Ride Back is a sort of morphing motorcycle with arms.  The front and rear wheels can come closer together and raise the rider up so it looks like you are riding on the shoulders , or back, of a tall humanoid robot, thus the name Ride Back.  The ride Back stays upright because of sophisticated computer and most likely a gyro of some sort.  Our heroine discovers that a Ride Back can move as freely as a person, and starts literally doing ballet with it.  This of course makes her a natural for the Ride Back Club at school.  I like this show a lot.