Author Topic: 2009 Director of Operations Nomination Q & A, Discussion  (Read 358959 times)

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2009 Director of Operations Nomination Q & A, Discussion
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 10:09:47 am »
One of my greatest concerns during the rant/rave was that we would not have enough people willing to step up and take on the responisbility of directorship going into the next con year.

The number of active staffers participating in the Ops elections has set that fear aside.  This is exactly the kind of open discussion that needs to happen to move us into the next con year.  Many new ideas and viewpoints are being brought up and even after the election these will be points that we can work into the Ops department.

I am hereby declining my nomination for the position of Operations Director.

I look forward to seeing the discussions continue and seeing more new direction and ideas that will continue to improve Kumoricon going into the future.

Mike Andrews
Avatar is "Othar Tryggvassen" from GirlGeniusOnline.net

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 01:16:46 pm »
1.)  It be pirate time in the land of port.  Let the crew see yer best pirate impression.

2.)  If the crew pick a new captian for operations ship, how'd he take it?

(Note #1 and #2 may and should be combined)

Ye be right to ask such a tried and true question matey.
The crew be a wise group of land lubbers and if it be best for the ship to have a new captain, I would be quick to hand over me maps and plunder in hopes that the new salty sea dog keep the ship in tip-top shape. Last we need is for the rum to run dry or the the ship to sink inta davy jones locker. So to whomever the crew may call be wary matie, cause no matter the course, I'll be a keeping both eyes on ye. Yarrrrrharharharharhaaaaaaaar  (Hearty raspy pirate laugh)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:26:13 pm by PhantmK »
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 03:45:37 pm »
1.)  It be pirate time in the land of port.  Let the crew see yer best pirate impression.

Well as a Ninja I refuse to answer as a pirate.
 But if I don't get elected(I think that's what that pirate gobbledygook was trying to ask) I have lot's of other plans. Mostly in ops. I'd like to do some work as staff preservation and maybe volunteer on the maid squad as a butler.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 04:02:23 pm »

Arr matey, I'd be continuing my duties as operations wench.  In all seriousness, I would continue to work with operations, possibly as secretary if the board wishes to consider me in that aspect.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2008, 11:49:54 pm »
I feel that this is an important question and so I am posting in every staff elected election section:
Who do you plan to appoint as your assistant director and have they accepted the offer for the position?

I have already mentioned that I have three candidates in mind but do not wish to disclose who for reasons of my own, but I have been thinking that in addition to finding someone who meshes well with my own personality and can be a balance to me, there are two other factors I am considering.  Competency of what operations truly is and will need to be, and accessibility for me to reach my assistant director.  Meaning that can I talk to him/her via phone, IM, ventrilo, etc?  Can I meet up with them in person once a month OUTSIDE of the meetings, or even once every couple of weeks?  These are all things I am keeping in mind right now as the elections grow closer.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2008, 12:22:33 pm »
I feel that this is an important question and so I am posting in every staff elected election section:
Who do you plan to appoint as your assistant director and have they accepted the offer for the position?

I'm not sure who I would appoint as an assistant. That would have to wait till after elections anyway. For me though it would be best to have someone in Portland in case I couldn't make it up there for a meeting and just in general to keep their ears on the ground for me.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 10:29:04 am »

As a second update, I have thought more specifically about whom I would choose as an assistant to Ops.  I have contacted an individual that I believe would serve well in this position.  However, this person is also nominated for election and also has not specified their level of interest to me.  There are so many variables that are in play, I would not wish to name this person until after the election is finalized. 
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 09:23:12 pm »
For those of you who know me, most of you know that I am now working full time at Stream.  I have confirmed and talked with HR and my team manager though and my job would not get in the way of performing my duties as Operations Director were I to be chosen.  I actually will have an easier time than most people in the building at having my schedule tweaked a bit to accommodate the meetings due to the contract I'm on being one where I'm not actually on the phones at all.