Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 214689 times)

Offline Mirithespazz

• Sailor Scout
AH I'M SO EXCITED
Kumoricon 08
- AC Yuffie

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Just a little under a week from the one month mark! XO
Secrety secrets!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
D: D: D: oh god i am so nervvouusss

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Me too...!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
why nervouse?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
well, I'm not cosplaying but I'm dressing in Japanese punk / VK style and I haven't paid my shopping service for the entire package of stuff that I've bought yet. I thought I'd be working more hours than I am and thus overestimated how much I'd be earning right now... So I pretty much owe a two people a total of like... 200 bucks and I make that in like... 2 1/2 weeks if I'm lucky Dx Maybe I'll just ask my boss for more hours...

I suck at money management! lol!

And then I'm just trying to piece together my outfits and get all the right accessories and makeup and everything... i never though getting dressed would be so stressful haha.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Need to touch up Albel I tried to wear it today and a lot of it kept falling off x.x

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Figured out a minimum con budget - $576 for room + 4 DDR pads + 2 Cabinets.  lol.

I really wish I'd had my full $2500 budget two months ago.  Then we would have 2 cabs, 2 minicabs, 10 DDR pads, DMX, PPP, and a much less stressed out Tofu. (I need to finish painting a house this week, sell my bass, and come up with another $100, then buy all the materials and build 4 DDR pads and 2 cabinets)

Also, add $90 if my PC -> RCA cable doesn't work.  It should arrive this week.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
well, I'm not cosplaying but I'm dressing in Japanese punk / VK style and I haven't paid my shopping service for the entire package of stuff that I've bought yet. I thought I'd be working more hours than I am and thus overestimated how much I'd be earning right now... So I pretty much owe a two people a total of like... 200 bucks and I make that in like... 2 1/2 weeks if I'm lucky Dx Maybe I'll just ask my boss for more hours...

And then I'm just trying to piece together my outfits and get all the right accessories and makeup and everything... i never though getting dressed would be so stressful haha.

Ooooh punk/VK style? I've only seen you in lolita style outfits so I am looking forward to seeing your outfits~~~! I am curious lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
laurifer
Catgirl
Nice 600 post thar.
Are you have returned?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
laurifer
Catgirl
Nice 600 post thar.
Are you have returned?

Whoa 600 already? Damn. And yes I have returned from the dead

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
I wrote you welcome back note in Spam board; go find it and tell me what you think ^^

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
I'm too lazy to find it...where is it?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Can't remember.  It's the first thing I posted there today.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Thanks for being helpful

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
I have to get up in eight hours. Should I go to bed now, or wait and finish the Lavi/Tyki smackdown first...?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
We have a very vague topic here, it's easy to stay on topic.
Please don't spam this section.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
So, I'm back from a nice beach weekend now, and I must force myself to work on cosplay! I must! Today I will be sawing, gluing, nailing and screwing......wait....don't read into that last one. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
32 days till Kumoricon

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Almost one month away. Tomorrow it will be a long month away.....(31 days) and soon it will be July 30 and then its a month away.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Party party party party!!!! Closing in.... and I still haven't ordered my final wig... Oh well I will just pay a little extra to get it shipped to me faster! ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Because I know everyone will be really sad once the con is over I am organizing another party on sept 20. This one is a surprise birthday party. The one thing that I am going to try to do this time is make cosplay a must. I want to see more people in costume. There is a topic under Plan Your Own Adventure with more details.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
I just realized that my final costume was not washed after the last time I wore it.
 :-\ this should be interesting....

Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I don't wash my costumes.....unless they get dirty or smelly. Neither of them is at that point.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
I don't have any costumes to wash haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl

Ooooh punk/VK style? I've only seen you in lolita style outfits so I am looking forward to seeing your outfits~~~! I am curious lol
Haha thanks. :] I bought a really cute Putumayo school-type vest so I'm gonna go with like... school-themed punk on saturday or friday and I have a relaly over-the-top dark red and black outfit for sunday with lots of fake roses... I'm way excited! Ill make sure to find you so you can see lol.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl

Haha thanks. :] I bought a really cute Putumayo school-type vest so I'm gonna go with like... school-themed punk on saturday or friday and I have a relaly over-the-top dark red and black outfit for sunday with lots of fake roses... I'm way excited! Ill make sure to find you so you can see lol.

Awww cute~~~ Putumayo makes awesome clothes! I'll definitely be taking a picture of you lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
ahh *runs in circles* must finish EVERYTHING
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
I'm waiting on my tail... thats the last bit of my outfit cause i refuse to alter the cute shoes i bought at goodwill. I get that on the friday before the con starts. I am excited but its gonna cost me 40 dollars... but it will be so pretty...*pout* I really gotta stretch my money this year

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
One month countdown!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
yay one month left to go ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
How exciittiiingg
You should all come to my friend Ashlee and my workshop! We're making sweets jewelry and decorating things with rhinestones and pearl stones!

Decorating examples I've done:
http://pupe.jp/item/I1h8OU6ra0PQ/UjpMe6tOJgFz/
http://pupe.jp/item/70BaWcYcWnm5/UjpMe6tOJgFz/

Ashlee's sweets jewelry:
http://pupe.jp/item/c_Z-Xsov1Cyf/AucxUTVyl1Ay/
http://pupe.jp/item/IIgzK90Qkf3C/AucxUTVyl1Ay/

Bring your cellphone on DS/PSP/Gameboy/ETC anything you wana decorate, if you dont have anything, we'll have a cute little compact mirror for you. :3

Space is limited though because of materials so come early! (no clue what day/time it is though... haha)

holla :3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
ooooooh I like them I want some. Is this going to be at the con or some other get together?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
At the con! It'll be a workshop for two hours on either saturday or sunday. :)

Ashlee sells a ton of them at the lowest prices you can get them in the us (most people charge like 20 bucks a pop for rings or necklaces but she charges about 6/8), I can give you a link to her selling post on livejournal if you want it. :)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

31 days till Kumoricon

Offline Akuma~Karson

• Oni
    • my myspace..
WAAAAHAHAHAHA YES ONLY...WAIT ...how many more days?...
Cosplaying one mall at a time.......

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
31 jojo

Offline Akuma~Karson

• Oni
    • my myspace..
yayayay yippy!!!!

Offline Akuma~Karson

• Oni
    • my myspace..

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
I love the L head!!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Akuma?

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Akuma?
Yush! Or to be more precise Akuma's head as L! It just made me very happy to see it! XD
Secrety secrets!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
yeah lol Gordon makes a very good L

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
gah me want k con >.< my patiance is wearing thin after waiting a whole 11 months

lol well im looking forward to it, ive counted the increasingly large money i have saved up in my piggy bank for k con numeros times in the last week alone, and im just glad it still manages to get fater >:3 dealers room here i come!
and this is actualy the first year i get to go all three days! first year i was only there the first day, second year i was there the last two days and now i get the full effect, im looking forward to it, that and its my first time with an actualy decent cossplay i made me self (i borrowed a friends last year)

i think one of my fav memorys is the skits, i remeber when that vash did his monologue, it was fantastic! we were all sitting backstage and a few of us helped him out with it. when he was giving the speach we were all getting exited and happy about it and decided to give him a standing ovation when he was done. so we all stood and faced the door they had been leading us in and out of to get to the stage and backstage room. we stood for a while and wondered where he was, and some one jokingly said "watch him come through the other door".

we stood for a while more, and then he finnaly walked through the other door and asked us what we were all doing.

ah i love k con <3
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have $140 going to into my bank sometime soon, and in two weeks I'll have $300 something going in. ^_^ I love money.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
I have $140 going to into my bank sometime soon, and in two weeks I'll have $300 something going in. ^_^ I love money.
lucky you xD ive got just little under $200 saved up and im guessing i may get to about 300 before k con starts.... next year im planning on getting a job so i can save more money
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Yay for getting something done! Kahlan and I went to JoAnne Fabrics today and finally picked up the materials we need for our costumes. We got some fabric, not all that we need, but enough to get started, lol. We're terrible procrastinators.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have nothing that I want to buy right now so all my money is going to the con. (I'll only spend like 300 tops there) and the rest I'll use at school

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Yay for getting something done! Kahlan and I went to JoAnne Fabrics today and finally picked up the materials we need for our costumes. We got some fabric, not all that we need, but enough to get started, lol. We're terrible procrastinators.
yay now you can get more done ^_^