Author Topic: K-con Countdown! alieviate the anticipation with talk of K-con plans & memories!  (Read 213137 times)

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
Umm, how in the world did you guys get 43 days? XD I just did the math on a computer calculator with a calendar, and it says 61 before K-con. Oo Maybe I'm going insane? XP

Anywho~ Kumoricon should be exciting this year(I hope). No real plans for me, since it's only my second con. And I have no money saved up yet. T_T I need to get more babysitting jobs.(I still need to order my cosplay, too. -procrastinator-)
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
... I have no idea. But I've got just about six work weeks for costuming left until the con because of annoying things my mother wants to do during the summer. D: Not cool!

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Hm...How many days left? I'm lazy to do math...eww math suxz.... I work so I'm not sure how much money I'll take...depends on how much I feel like spending -.-;; which might be a bit since last year i spend $500. Not sure about this year thought ;P

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
yeah i think blackrose r bad at math XD
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I am lol No sense in denying it I'll check again counting today

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I got 62 sorry lol

today and tomorrow are the last of june so
31 days in july
2+31=33

and 29 days not counting the first day of the con.

33+29= 62

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
I got 62 sorry lol

today and tomorrow are the last of june so
31 days in july
2+31=33

and 29 days not counting the first day of the con.

33+29= 62

Hmmm ok...? Lol

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
yeah lol sorry ^_^

I was tired when I posted so my math skills were worse than usual

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Lol Yea I know what you mean xD

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
My cosplays are all compleat so now its just waiting .....

I want to join the glomp circle this yeah, I was too shy last year.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
So it turns out I can make an arcade-quality DDR pad in 4 days. :D (and I know I can make a StepMania cabinet frame in 3)

3 short days (3-5 hours a day) in I have everything except the sensors for two of the panels and the wiring done, and I designed the wiring to only take about an hour.

Now I just need to find some clients, because $20 is totally not enough money to build 10 more DDR pads. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Lol that sounds like fun...I think  :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
wait... Why are you makeing a DDR pad?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
I am getting my hair dyed on Friday for Temari. I'm going to have blond hair again (I have dark brown right now) As for my plans the biggest thing is the picnic that I need to put a little work into (I may just end up buying the cupcakes instead of making them) and then I am going to go to the cosplay on ice thing and participate in the naruto photo shoot. I'll wear Temari the first day and the morning of the second day. And Albel the  second half of the second day and the third day. That seems fair, then my friends who are going as the rest of the sand team wont bitch ^_^.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
OMG SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MANY DAYS ARE LEFT CAUSE I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
it changes on the first post I modify it every day, usually at 12 am

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Oh okay ><
I didn't notice it because I never check the first page.
I'm almost done with my cosplay though and i might be doing 2 commissions
How is yours going?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I'm done with mine

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I've got a long way to go. I still need to order/buy a lot of materials, then I need to make a massive cannon and the clothing. I have basically accomplished nothing yet, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
Don't worry Eve, I feel yer pain. Kinda. I plan on making Lady from DMC at some point, and she's got that giant cannon thing that I'm at a loss at for what to make the thing out of.

Demyx is partially painted! The only problem is that every time I try to pull the painting tape up, it pulls up all the primer coat with it. Grrrrrr...

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I love DMC. I want to get the 4th game and I need to finish the anime. But DC++ (our file sharing program) went down the last week of school, they found out about it x.x so I'll have to wait till the beginning of school to see the rest v.v

• Bunnygirl
The anime is on Youtube, but it's only subbed. I seriously sat down and didn't move for six hours because I watched the whole anime from one to twelve in one sitting. : D anime Dante is shmexy. He makes me want to play all the games.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
here it is for those who dont check the first page

61 days till Kumoricon

oslapedo

The wait is so long!  :'( *waangst*

But I guess that's a good thing since I haven't started any of my cosplays yet ;) Upward Bound summer school FTL.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
summer school? that sucks!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
Yeah I am taking one class at PCC but it is a class that I have been wanting to take for a very long time so it isn't that bad. It does make the time pass by so much faster, giving me less time to do the finishing touches on my cosplay.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
So...close...this Kurmoricon is going to be awesome. ^^

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Yes it is I' sooo excited! >w<

oslapedo

summer school? that sucks!
I know it does :D The worst part is waking up at 6:30am. And I have to do this until July 25th  ::)

Yeah I am taking one class at PCC but it is a class that I have been wanting to take for a very long time so it isn't that bad. It does make the time pass by so much faster, giving me less time to do the finishing touches on my cosplay.
What class would that be? *curious* I really have to start my cosplays. My friends are making me go as Raito-Kun for a day, but the one I actually want to do is Kyonko. If I can pull off both then my heart will be happy. At this point in time I'm not even really considering the possibility of a 3rd one  :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I ate chocolate chips yay!

• Bunnygirl
My finger is stuck to my mouse because of the paint on it!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
What kind of paint?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
wait... Why are you makeing a DDR pad?
I'm making no less than 11.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:25:44 pm by DancingTofu »

oslapedo

Wow, your mad intense dance-pad making skillz are ridiculous  :o

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Dancingtofu is awesome.  :-X

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Oh, forgot to say why.  I'm making all the pads for Kumoricon including the ones I'm giving as prizes, because I want to be able to repair them easily without hesitation in case of any problems. (broken panel, weak sensor, ghosting, homicide, etc)

EDIT: also, hueg $$$ if people buy them, because I can make them for $60-$80 and they sell for $260-$350
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:34:38 pm by DancingTofu »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
Wow, that is insanely tense how you can make those things!!! O.O

Oh man, k-con has come a lot faster than I thought it would! Luckily this time I don't really have any rush-jobs... but still, so close! It's insaaaane!!! O_O;;
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

oslapedo

Oh, forgot to say why.  I'm making all the pads for Kumoricon including the ones I'm giving as prizes, because I want to be able to repair them easily without hesitation in case of any problems. (broken panel, weak sensor, ghosting, homicide, etc)

EDIT: also, hueg $$$ if people buy them, because I can make them for $60-$80 and they sell for $260-$350
1. Make Dance pads
2. Go to Kumoricon
3. ???
4. Profit!

Actually... the 3rd one's probably obvious (maybe something like, "sell dancepads") but ah well, I had to insert that beaten-to-death South Park mem  ;)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
I'll probably go to sleep before 12:00 AM tonight so heres the next number in the count down

60 days till Kumoricon
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:14:58 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
a lot less exciting than 40 some days lol, i vote change it back so it seems sooner >.<

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
60 loonngggg days...

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
yeah, but gives me a chance to catch up on my tan and get in shape a lil more, i've been eating way too much =/

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
yeah, but gives me a chance to catch up on my tan and get in shape a lil more, i've been eating way too much =/

haha, you and me both. I have been working out all Spring and Summer, hoping to get in shape, probably deceiving myself into thinking it would actually happen. Sculpted abs don't come out of three months of working out, do they? lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Depends on how hard you word out *P.E Teachers words come into mind*

My main focus is to not GAIN any more weight

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
I have seen results in my abs in a week. If you work them hard enough you should have defined abs in three months.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
i've been doing pushups and leg lifts (cant do crunches/situps untill i have a lot more muscle on my boney back) a decent amount up reps and sets till i cant do anymore about 3 days out of the week, and i'm pushing myself to ride my bike to work every day for some cardio. I at least hope i can lose my thin layer of body fat i've accumulated, its hard when you work at a restraunt thats slow and you eat due to boredom =/

Even if your body shape doesn't change, your attitude toward your self image improves even if you do just a little bit of exercise =)

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Try playing DDR for your legs and cardio.  Works like a charm.  I personally bike to an arcade an hour each way to play DDR once or twice a week, so I get a 2-for-one deal. :D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
OMG I FOUND THE TRAP FOR L!! Watch the footage from the wilsonvil meet up which was just me and my two best friends.. Its hilarious the tire swing is evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GW8cs8WGoc

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
OMG I FOUND THE TRAP FOR L!! Watch the footage from the wilsonvil meet up which was just me and my two best friends.. Its hilarious the tire swing is evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GW8cs8WGoc
Omg Poor Gordon XD I could totally see that happening to him.