Author Topic: Who wants to party?  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Hilla-Buttons

• Cabbit
    • FaaaaaaaceBook! :D
Who wants to party?
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:58:17 am »
This year I really want to make Kumoricon memorable.
I had fun last year, and I really miss it, but I want to have an even better time this year.
On August 31st, second day of the con, I'm going to be turning 17 and also a friends friend is turning 19.
So I'd love to try and plan some kind of party for us.
Maybe a room party, but nothing too big.
I was thinking of having a "Ninja of The Night" theme for in the after hours,
as seeing I'm not old enough to stay out around the con, for my friends that are still minors but my age.
The theme means ninja-fied pjs, or something to that extent.
But yeah.
I'll add some more to this, and if anyone has any ideas they would like to add, go right ahead.
I'm up for anything. =]

Thanks, Hilla-Buttons <3
RPOD member :3
Sexy no Jutsu Gaara Original

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Re: Who wants to party?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:04:07 pm »
psssst.... not to rain on your party... but we don't encourage room parties because knowing our kind we tend to get rather loud and as we (kumoricon) probably won't be the only people in the hotel rooms we do highly suggest that you keep even your room gatherings small. While your room may not be part of the "convention space" you should treat it like such as anything that you may do can be reflected on Kumoricon as a whole.

Might I suggest a nice party out in the park at least during the day and if you must have a gathering in your room to keep it quiet and small in people numbers. I've slept in a room next to a room party before and believe me if you're next to staff they will want to get as much sleep as possible and hotel walls are not very thick.

Also it would be advisable to find out what the hotel's policy on noise level and # of people (even visitors) in your room should be so as not to run into problems with the staff there. Remember only 4 people can sleep in a room and still be within firecode.

<3 I hope you can still make this party of yours fun I just want you to run into as little trouble as possible while you are at it.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:30:49 pm »
Yeah sugarbear is right. I remember a hotel that I stayed at that had a rule that if there were visitors past midnight then they had to pay for the night. As for the party I think it is a great idea.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:31:05 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:45:38 pm »
PJ Ninja party during the day! Ninja cake!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 06:27:32 pm »
Or you can dress up as PJ ninjas and storm the coolest house you can find near the con =D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 06:33:17 pm »
Ninja of the night sounds fun XD
There could be slight problems though >>
With the room and whatnot...I donno XD

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:30:16 pm »
What she meant was that the party was for those who are actually rooming in our section of rooms. I.E. the people who have paid to stay in our two rooms.

Also, no one said that this party had to be a rowdy, drunken party where we keep everyone awake until 4 am. There are such things as 'quiet, respectful' parties.
Another thing, I'd rather keep the party within the safety of the hotel. I've lived in Portland long enough to see what wanders around at Loyd Center. You thought the rowdy bums in Ester Short Park were bad? The ones in Portland are worse.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:53:56 pm »
Eh hehem she did say "Ninja Party" if you can not roam around silent in the night, you do not deserve to have the ninja theme. You should be able to party IN other peoples rooms without them noticing... For drunken rowdy parties see "Pirate Parties". For clearing up confusion I accept invitations to parties of the ninja type XD
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!