Author Topic: Need new roomie  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Need new roomie
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:52:38 pm »
Help, I need a new roommate, possibly two.  Many people tell me to go to craigslist, but I figure I'd at least like to get a new roommate who is an anime fan.  If you are interested, my phone number is 503-484-4215, let me know your actual name and forum handle.

(sorry about the phone number but right now i dont have alot of time to check pm's due to school and work)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:12:06 am by kylite »
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
Re: Need new roomie
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:58 pm »
Not to sound all paranoid and such, but are you sure it's such a good idea to post your phone number here? I mean, you just never know who reads boards and who's going to see it. I don't even trust myself sometimes...

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:51:46 am »
Not to sound all paranoid and such, but are you sure it's such a good idea to post your phone number here? I mean, you just never know who reads boards and who's going to see it. I don't even trust myself sometimes...

yeah i mean after all I read these forums how safe can they be?

also take my roommate... please. i will throw in a cat that is moody.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:33:33 am »
I know it's not the wisest of choices, but right now I rarely get a chance to post to the forums, and felt it was the best option I had.  School is driving me to drink (literally).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:44:09 am »
Hmmm, Hawkeye, you're looking for a roommate?... That's interesting... I've been talking about my future plans to get an apartment and a roommate, but I'm not quite ready to move out yet.  Also, I'm a guy, so I was sorta going to look for another guy as my first choice, but I'm open-minded.

Anyway, you're probably going to need a roommate long before I'm ready to offer, even if you happened to be fine with rooming with a guy, but I thought I'd throw a note out there just because I happened to notice your topic. :)  Since I was thinking of networking here, too, it's good to know what's going on.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:46:11 am »
Understandable.  However, I will mention that I generally get along better with guys for the most part.  What you said may be true, but keep me posted in case things turn out to be otherwise on my end.  I will also mention that school is actually starting to settle down somewhat.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 01:03:16 am »
Understandable.  However, I will mention that I generally get along better with guys for the most part.  What you said may be true, but keep me posted in case things turn out to be otherwise on my end.  I will also mention that school is actually starting to settle down somewhat.
Hey, that sounds cool enough. I'm all for progressive attitudes about roommates. -thumbsup-

However, I'm worried that Leashy wouldn't like it if I moved out of her apartment to room with a girl. Can't say I'd necessarily blame her for thinking that, really.  I'd probably only want to do a coed arrangement if there was a third, male roommate, presumably in a larger apartment (i.e. 3 bedrooms).

Note to the uninformed observer: Leashy and I are dating, and she is currently putting me up until I find/can afford my own apartment in the nearby Portland area.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:06:58 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 02:08:02 am »
It's somewhat interesting how you talk about living together progressively, then blissfully ignore the obvious concerns that are possible.  Such as the types of love triangles so common in anime or the various other things found in more adult animation...
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:06:29 pm »
Yeah Michael, I know what you mean.  Every once in a while, my roommate probes me with her tentacles. It's really annoying.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:35 pm »
Interesting that, where'd you say you met your room-mate?  I wonder what else could be found...
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 11:25:03 pm »
Yeah Michael, I know what you mean.  Every once in a while, my roommate probes me with her tentacles. It's really annoying.

Hmmm- tentacles. Do you live with Cthulhu?

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 02:48:43 pm »
Yay Cthulu!  However, on a more serious note, I am definitely in need of roommates.  If there is anyone needing a place, or knows someone who does, please let me know.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 06:09:43 pm »

However, I'm worried that Leashy wouldn't like it if I moved out of her apartment to room with a girl. Can't say I'd necessarily blame her for thinking that, really. 

just checking you do know that hawkeye is married?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 12:34:57 am »

However, I'm worried that Leashy wouldn't like it if I moved out of her apartment to room with a girl. Can't say I'd necessarily blame her for thinking that, really.

just checking you do know that hawkeye is married?

Well there you got she has her roomate =P
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 09:02:06 pm »
Yes I am married, but my husband and myself live in a four bedroom house, and because of all of our pets, it's impractical to move right now.  Plus our landlords haven't raised the rent since we moved into the house in 2003, and given the state of the housing market it's a miracle.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 03:29:37 am »
Um giving the state of the housing market, it's a miracle that they haven't thrown in something extra to keep you there.  Right now it probably would be hard to find another tenate. 
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 09:15:21 pm »
Well folks, I now find myself in the market for a roommate also.  My current roommate announced that she is engaged, and moving in with her fiancee in a month.  I'd like to find someone in their mid 20's to mid 30's, liberal, smart, mature, and I prefer female roommates.  Rent's $525 plus utilities.  The house is on the east side, very close to downtown, and you can get there in 10 minutes by bus or bike.  If anybody's interested, let me know. 

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 08:50:00 am »
Well folks, I now find myself in the market for a roommate also.  My current roommate announced that she is engaged, and moving in with her fiancee in a month.  I'd like to find someone in their mid 20's to mid 30's, liberal, smart, mature, and I prefer female roommates.  Rent's $525 plus utilities.  The house is on the east side, very close to downtown, and you can get there in 10 minutes by bus or bike.  If anybody's interested, let me know. 

Don't forget that you're close to the Doubletree.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010