Author Topic: Looking for programming staff  (Read 9783 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Looking for programming staff
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:52:49 pm »
Hi,

I am still looking for staff members in the programming department.  If you are interested in work that involves the content of the convention, staff is still needed in the following areas:
  • Cosplay
  • Karaoke
  • Gaming
  • Panels
  • Viewing Rooms
  • Art Show

If this is something that interests you, or if you have any questions, please post here, PM me, or e-mail programming@kumoricon.org.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:07:27 am by Mr_Mustash »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Ed_Elric

• Sailor Scout
Re: Looking for programming staff
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:28:56 pm »
How many do we need.  I might be able to get a few friends, not sure but seriously, are we gonna be extremely under staffed or... just need a few people??

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:45:23 pm »
I may have some people who might be willing to sign up for gaming staff.  Most of the people I've talked to about it are either not interested in Anime enough to go to an anime convention, even if they're just in the game room the whole time, or too interested in anime to spend the whole con in the game room. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:43:15 pm »
you know i'm up for pretty much anything, especially panel staff if you need me

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:09:57 pm »
I will totally be gaming staff but if that fills up I'll take anything else you wanna give me. I'll PM you some info or something...

EDIT: CHARLES!!! What's up homie?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:18:02 pm by kurosakiichigo666 »
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline FrenzyToast

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 12:57:12 am »
Hello! Toast Here. I recently worked as Table Top Gaming assistant for Sakura-Con 08. Kumori-con is my "home-con" cause I live in the portland area. I was curious if the card gaming room needed any help or if there were plans/thoughts of a table top gaming room being organized. I can lead the assault if need be.

Sakura-Con's TTGaming room was pretty succesful. I also have contacts with a few of the Game Demonstrators that were there as well. Let me know if you want me to organize this, and if its something you think could do well at kumori-con.

~Toast
<p>Give a man fire, He's warm for a day.</p>
<p>Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life</p>

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 03:02:05 pm »
EDIT: CHARLES!!! What's up homie?
Yo 'sup dude.  Good to see you acting on my suggestion.  :3

I feel like a recruiter now. :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:38 pm »
If you end up still needing someone for art show, PM me a description of what the position requires, and perhaps someone from Creation Station could run it for you? I could forward your job description to our yahoo group.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 12:07:55 am »
Hey Jamiche, I've tried contacting you a few times about staffing and I don't know where else to go. I can't go to any general meetings as I live in Redmond OR. I still really want to be gaming staff and will check the meetings as they occur. Please, please, PLEASE get back to me Asap. Thanks and sorry if I'm a nuisance.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:24 pm »
Hey Sean, you're moving here in July, right?  You should be able to make the meeting then.

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:48 pm »
Nah, Nikki is moving in July, I won't be comin' up 'till right about con time probably.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:22 am »
Hey,
wanted to be gaming staff. I sent an email about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't got a reply. I heard that it takes a bit to get emails back from the staff so I figured I'd post in here to boost my chances of them checking it sooner d:
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:18 am »
Yo Nikki, from what I've gathered, your best bet would be to fill out a Staff Registration Form and bring it to the next General Meeting you can attend, or, if you can't make any upcoming general meetings, sometimes the Programming will have seperate meetings, which should work just as well.

I'm going to laugh hard and cry long if I get my own room for Bemani and never get to see you guys lol.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:03:51 pm »
If you end up still needing someone for art show, PM me a description of what the position requires, and perhaps someone from Creation Station could run it for you? I could forward your job description to our yahoo group.

Just wondering if there is definitely going to be an Art Show, and if so, how you are doing towards finding someone to run it? I know Rosiejade, who did a great job at SC, is interested....
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 03:18:16 pm »
Well, I'm gonna be working in the Art Show this year and making sure everything goes smoothly, according to Jamiche. So yes, there's going to be an Art Show. Rules are still being drawn up and hopefully we'll have something official soon.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 03:46:16 pm »
Well, I'm gonna be working in the Art Show this year and making sure everything goes smoothly, according to Jamiche. So yes, there's going to be an Art Show. Rules are still being drawn up and hopefully we'll have something official soon.

Good luck, congratulations, and well earned!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 05:31:44 pm »
Just make sure you can get some DDR your schedule too!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:11 pm »
I'll practice a little more on DDR, but my main focus is Mario Kart Wii. My wife and I have been the champions of Double Dash for the last 3 years. So last Monday I got Mario Kart Wii, and I just finished getting golds on all the grand prixs, including Mirror. On to the Time Trials to perfect my line!

Wait, staff ARE able to enter gaming contests, right?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:42 pm »
There have been staff in the DDR competitions for all the years I've been there.  My personal rule is that you can't enter your own tournaments except under the circumstances that your involvement provides no distinct advantage and all calculations and judging are done or at least verified by an outside party.

For instance, I've been invited onto a team for the DDR Team Tournament, so I'll be participating in that tournament, but I'll be sitting out of all the others.

I suppose it's up to whoever is running the tournament, but I certainly won't bar you from the DDR tournaments.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 09:22:07 am »
Staff are allowed to participate in the contests as long as it does not interfere with their assigned staff duties.

If you want to participate, you need to make arrangements ahead of time to make sure your position is covered.  I don't have a problem with people wanting to have fun, that is the point of the convention after all :).  But, if you slack off, whether it be for a contest or any other reason, that causes problems for other staff, and that's not so good.

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 12:55:43 pm »
So question...I'll be in Portland this Tuesday the 20th. Any chance I could meet with someone then? I'm still going to the June meeting but I was just wondering....

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 12:56:49 pm »
Depends on the time.. PM me with the particulars, and we can see what we can work out.

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 01:59:56 am »
OK sounds like a plan. If this works out would this be good enough for me to be taken on as staff? Figured I'd ask...

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 09:14:19 am »
I'm helping with panels, hope to have fun working with everyone.   :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline kagekara

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 02:02:06 pm »
I just sent a PM to you, not having found this post.
2009, 2010 - Staff
2007, 2008, 2009 - Go (baduk, weiqi) workshop