Author Topic: You wanted proof..  (Read 6445 times)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
You wanted proof..
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:32 pm »

That sakuracon mods/staff are maybe a tad unprofessional?

Well, it finally happened. They suspended' me.

" This warning is being given due to your actions in the "Some things really need to change." topic, which have, in part, lead to the thread in question being locked.

The Code of Conduct makes it clear that if you have a problem with the actions of a moderator or administrator, that you are to contact them via Private Message. By posting publicly about your disagreements on actions that moderators have taken, you are violating the Common Courtesy section of the board, as it is seen as attacking the Message Board Team, either as a group or as an individual.

Your access to the board will be returned to you on December 19th, 2007. Please bear in mind that, after your return, should you continue to attack the Message Board Team in this manner, or the Convention Staff in general, it will be considered arguing against a disciplinary action, and, as per the Code of Conduct, will result in further warnings."

Attack?? Wow they made me sound like a terrorist.  And they really do sound like an oppressive regime

" PM a mod?" HA! I HAVE personally PMed a mod with my complaints and all I received was more reprimanding and answer-avoiding. That is WHY I am so frustrated with SC no matter how polite, how patient I am, thats always the result, but Im not allowed to complain about it.
Chya, Iv said far worse and not been in any trouble for it.
Also,that is the 'assault and flattery forum" but you cant say anything they dont like or this happens.  I also love that respect is a RULE, and  doesnt work both ways.

I think the real reason I was banned..was because in a Private message to another unhappy member I basically said that the admin has no place in power and that I HAD proof of her breaking the rules herself yet it disappeared when my Inbox was cleared out..by someone other than myself.

Im not playing the victim I knew I was already on her ' list'.  But suspended for THIS??

How long is SC going to have this attitude towards its members? Are complaints  going to continue to be silenced so that they dont have to take responsibility for theyre mistakes?

I really dont want to see SC get any worse. It was my first con but theyre really doesnt seem to be anything I or anyone can do if theyre just going to  punish everyone who disagrees with them

All I can say is thank god for Kumoricon. Dont ever change!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: You wanted proof..
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:28:57 pm »
I wonder if we need to specify generic staff/attendee behavior rules/expectations.  Some complaints should be made in public, while others should be made through a robust system that prevents malicious individuals from impeding the proper function of the system or flow of information.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:42:59 pm »
I wonder if we need to specify generic staff/attendee behavior rules/expectations.  Some complaints should be made in public, while others should be made through a robust system that prevents malicious individuals from impeding the proper function of the system or flow of information.

No need to be so indirect.

Im not malicious, Im fed up. Iv tried going through 'the system' thats proven to be a waste of time.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:55 pm »
The mods at the Scon board locked a thread where I asked why the Creation Station wasn't asked back. They gave me a flippant 'reply' and clammed up any further discussion without telling me why they didn't want this talked about.

The *least* they could have done was taken it to PM or something.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 01:12:07 am »
The mods at the Scon board locked a thread where I asked why the Creation Station wasn't asked back. They gave me a flippant 'reply' and clammed up any further discussion without telling me why they didn't want this talked about.

The *least* they could have done was taken it to PM or something.

They are notorious for locking threads that dont suit theyre agenda.

At one point a newbe came to the SC forums asking if theyre were 'late night' panels. I replied telling him that there was ( there was even a thread posted about a 'late night yaoi panel" )

Some horribly unprofessional moderator replied yelling and  going generally ape sh** that I was a horrible person who would singlehandedly destroy the con and made it clear that while she couldnt stop form attending, I was not welcome there.

I was going to reply with a simple link to the thread about the late night panels but found it had dissapeared.

On the matter at hand; what really irks me about it is the claim that  I caused the thread to be closed due to being uncivil. Um NO the moderator who closed it caused it to be closed.

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?p=483082&sid=6b69b64bbb01edbfbccb3203798116a9#483082 
 As you can see, NO ONE in that thread was 'uncivil'.

Ofcoarse, its hard to say when the definition of 'civil' is left up to one person.

The admin took action based entirely on her own personal feelings.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 01:27:55 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:29:41 am »
Damn.

Well, I'm a mod at another board, and while we have issues and even poke fun at members, that's reserved for our own personal mod forum. In the main forums, we maintain an air of professionalism. Even when the members are being total dicks (such as one not long ago who made a whole thread against me and wanted me disbarred for the primary reason of not protecting his delicate ass when he made several posts in a fan club bashing one of the characters it was for).

But I digress...

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:35:09 am »
While I have my own opinions on how things are handled at our sister cons site, I'm going to keep this professional.  We rely pretty heavily on the support from Sakuracon so I would prefer not to have too much slander going on here.

If anyone has an issue with any actions a mod or admin has done here, we do ask that it be taken care of in PM. If for any reason the PM's are not being answered or are being ignored, PM me and I will assist in any way I can.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 10:04:17 am »
While I have my own opinions on how things are handled at our sister cons site, I'm going to keep this professional.  We rely pretty heavily on the support from Sakuracon so I would prefer not to have too much slander going on here.

If anyone has an issue with any actions a mod or admin has done here, we do ask that it be taken care of in PM. If for any reason the PM's are not being answered or are being ignored, PM me and I will assist in any way I can.

* Sigh* I Know. It was was TRYING to keep a minimum on the slander and just focus on what happened  Im really just sick of it and I wanted to rant about ti.  Obviously, I cant do that on the SC forum.

Ah.. I didnt know you relied on them. Thats a bi***.  Alright, Ill try to keep it ugh..'civil'.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 12:16:43 pm »

* Sigh* I Know. It was was TRYING to keep a minimum on the slander and just focus on what happened  Im really just sick of it and I wanted to rant about ti.  Obviously, I cant do that on the SC forum.

Ah.. I didnt know you relied on them. Thats a bi***.  Alright, Ill try to keep it ugh..'civil'.

Ack, 'rely' kinda makes it sound like they have some sort of hold on us.  Some Sak people, including upper level people, have been a great help to us.  Actually, a Sak board member did a very long drive this past weekend, at our request, to meet with us so we could pick his brain on a few topics. 

I don't know anything about their forum modding, but we do like to keep a positive and open relationship with Sak.  That kind of relationship helps both of us :)  Please don't judge all the people involved with Sak based on this. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 02:14:46 pm »
You should probably be aware that a lot of Sak's people reads this forum too, so I hope they don't find your post here objectionable. I don't know what you did over there and our policy is we generally don't care. But they might, though, and you aren't flying under their radar here.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline mira

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 02:39:53 pm »
Hi guys!

In the interest of professionalism and tact, I refuse to get into an in depth debate on a public forum-but if you wish to appeal any decision by a Sakura-Con message board mod or admin, you may always send e-mail to publicity@sakuracon.org or to web@sakuracon.org-to directly appeal to our Online Information Systems manager or to me, the Director of Publicity. We try our best to be fair and open to all, and we don't claim to be perfect!  If you think someone has made a mistake please contact us off the boards so we can solve it collegiately and without needless web drama. 

Thanks all!

Mira
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:49:02 pm by mira »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 04:13:34 pm »
Hi guys!

In the interest of professionalism and tact, I refuse to get into an in depth debate on a public forum-but if you wish to appeal any decision by a Sakura-Con message board mod or admin, you may always send e-mail to publicity@sakuracon.org or to web@sakuracon.org-to directly appeal to our Online Information Systems manager or to me, the Director of Publicity. We try our best to be fair and open to all, and we don't claim to be perfect!  If you think someone has made a mistake please contact us off the boards so we can solve it collegiately and without needless web drama. 

Thanks all!

Mira

Thanks for the info Mira :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 05:10:49 pm »
You should probably be aware that a lot of Sak's people reads this forum too, so I hope they don't find your post here objectionable. I don't know what you did over there and our policy is we generally don't care. But they might, though, and you aren't flying under their radar here.

Im aware of that. Im also aware of the consequences. I dont really care what they do to me so long as SOMETHING is done about the issue at hand.

And Thank you Mira. Iv always considered you one of the more professional people on the forum.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:13:33 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 05:42:19 pm »
I'm sorry that you feel you were unfairly treated and I hope the issue is resolved. However, after reading the locked thread, I felt it was kind of pointless by both parties to be attacking and defending past issues at past Sakura Cons. We can't change the past, but what we can work on is the future. First off, what is your biggest issue with Sakura Con? Can you think of any solutions to the problem? And what would you like to see change at the con?

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 06:20:04 pm »
I'm sorry that you feel you were unfairly treated and I hope the issue is resolved. However, after reading the locked thread, I felt it was kind of pointless by both parties to be attacking and defending past issues at past Sakura Cons. We can't change the past, but what we can work on is the future. First off, what is your biggest issue with Sakura Con? Can you think of any solutions to the problem? And what would you like to see change at the con?

I dont have a problem with Sakura con itself. My BIGGEST problem is with the forum mods. 

But on the subject of that specific thread. Its as I said. I didnt know anything or care about the issue in question.
 Its how complaints in general are handled in general.

When I bring up an complaint I dont want to hear excuses, and I dont care who is t blame. All I want  is the assurance that it will be fixed. Or at least that a serious attempt will be made.

I want them to take more responsibility and act more professionally and I most certainly do NOT want to be punished for bringing it up.

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 06:40:39 pm »

I dont have a problem with Sakura con itself. My BIGGEST problem is with the forum mods. 

But on the subject of that specific thread. Its as I said. I didnt know anything or care about the issue in question.
 Its how complaints in general are handled in general.

When I bring up an complaint I dont want to hear excuses, and I dont care who is t blame. All I want  is the assurance that it will be fixed. Or at least that a serious attempt will be made.

I want them to take more responsibility and act more professionally and I most certainly do NOT want to be punished for bringing it up.

Ah, I understand how you feel. I've been on the SC boards (guess what my screenname is) for a while and they've gone through some serious fluxuations over the past few years. When I first joined, it was a really happy-go-lucky place with a great mod team. But then, things kind of went downhill and the forums got boring. And if you think the mods are bad now, a few years ago, there was a pretty tyranical mod team a few years ago. They've been dealt with, but the forums haven't recovered from their "Reign of Terror." Actually, I was a mod on there for a time (in fact, during the "Reign of Terror" and it's because of those mods that I stopped going to the forums for a year, and thusly, lost my mod status), and the forums are ALOT better than they used to be. I'll agree with you on the fact that the mods are a little lock-happy, and I've actually been thinking about asking for my mod status to be reinstated, but I don't know what good it would do.

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 08:44:09 pm »
._. wow...we have fallen D:

Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 03:48:08 pm »

Ha ha ha!
We? Which we?

OMGZ R U A MOD!?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »

Yea, sad isnt it. my account still has not been reactivated.( It was supposed to be on the 19th. So Im giving it until midnight.

Normally, I wouldnt care.
However when the same admin complained to me about my sig being 'offensive' she didnt even wait until I recieved her warning ( about 12 hours I think) before just taking away my sig privlagas)

*Sigh*
One of my friends in the military was on leave for this weekend only. He said he would send me a PM telling me when and where to meet him. He did send me a PM but I couldnt get to it..now I wont be able to see him until he gets out. >_<
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:20:50 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 12:53:35 am »
D: Psh! ME A MOD >O If I was a mod the sky would fall...Or the world would be a better place. I can't remember.

D: That really bites! D: How long till he gets out? I mean...wow, that's more then just a 'oh bummer' that's a T^T CRAP WHY ME
Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]