Author Topic: KumoriCon Fanzine Seeks Content!  (Read 15944 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
KumoriCon Fanzine Seeks Content!
« on: August 27, 2004, 02:24:31 pm »
All right, KumoriCon Fanzine editor Hope Nickel (tifalonia@yahoo.com) needs submissions! Send her your fanart and fanfics today!

Also, these babies are sure to go fast, so if you want to be *assured* a copy, send your snail mail address with your submission.

Here's the rules!

-It must be your own work.
-It has to be PG-13 or lower. Relationship stuff is fine, but no hentai/lemon stuff.
-Fics are prefered to be in either .txt or .doc, pictures in .jpg or .png (pictures *will* be printed in greyscale in the zine)
-Fics should be about three pages or longer in the selected format. The exception to this is if you write *really exceptional* short stories (decided by her), then the total works should be about three pages or longer.
-Longer fics should be broken into chapters for installments
-Songfics and articles are exempt from the three page rule (yes, articles are welcome as well! Articles don't have to be about fanfics, they can be general interest articles pertaining to some aspect of Japan, gaming, or anime) Then the total works should be about three pages or longer.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 08:12:43 pm »
What's the due date? (Just so I can pace my self around that last minute period) XD;;  Will the fanart be printed in color or b/w? Can I send it in as a jpg format?
-A.I-

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 09:27:25 pm »
I already said that pictures will be in greyscale, as will the entire zine.

And deadline? Unfortunately, she isn't on right now, so I can't ask her, but I would imagine "as soon as possible". Personally I would say by Tuesday, but she may differ.

EDIT--she just got on and I asked her, and she said 'the day before the con'

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 11:16:55 pm »
awesome post, BJ

i'm thrilled about this

and please reserve me 6 copies.

also since i offered to front the thing, please (you or hope) let me know how much $ i am supposed to bring hope at the con.

i love you two! & filkaeris & amy. gosh our yahoo group really has blossomed :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 09:16:24 pm »
I submitted my contest entry to the fanzine. Does that disquality it from the contest? Indeed, is its length going to pose signfiicant problems (will it hgave to be spread out over a few issues, etc. -- I'm presuming this is not a one-time deal.....)
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 08:52:15 pm »
to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing about being in the zine that would preclude anyone from being in the contest. but it was thoughtful of you to ask.

btw, Blackjack: i'm hoping that our zine will include your article, which is so cute, that you had written for the website (phooey on peter for never putting it up!  :twisted: )
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 01:28:38 am »
just a reminder, we are still seeking submissions :)
for now, and for future issues :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 08:06:12 am »
issue one is out and looks great! come buy your copy (a steal at $2!) at the beta station, the panel or bedtime stories!

and keep those submissions coming!

by the end of the con, we'll have enough for our next 2 issues!

yay, us! :)

Offline modab

• Founder
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 01:35:26 pm »
I just wanted to apologize personally here for not posting Blackjack's article. I hope the fanzine turns out really well. I like seeing all the full fanfiction rooms during the con :-)
Peter Verrey, Founder

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 03:54:34 pm »
thank you...the turnout and support has exceeded all expectations, and we are definitely on a roll! we will continue to harness this momentum and maintain ourselves as a self-propelling, burgeoning subset of programming for next year. i aspire to continue as con staff, with my fanfic staff of filkaeris, blackjack gabbiani, and hope nickel, operating as a steering committee. there are also some volunteers whose efforts must be recognized for contributions to fanfic, including ket, tim, and sailor naboo.

separately, peter, thanks for that apology. it's certainly not too late to link it! and, others may find blackjack's article in our zine. :)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 09:02:00 pm »
Is the con the only place where I can get the copy of this zine? I am not too sure if I can make it today, so I would like to know if there are other ways to obtain a copy, and if so what the extra cost might be.
And out of curiousity, how many copies have been made so far?

Sorry for all the quetions but I thought other people might be wondering the same thing....

-Thanks
-A.I-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 06:07:42 am »
hope, our publisher, would know the number of copies printed. i believe it to have been around 25. only a handful remained after the con. one left with an exhibitor from illinois, and is on its way to anime iowa!

we are going to be selling subscriptions, selling individual copies, and marketing them to appropriately-themed stores.

just pm me your personal contact info, and/or join the kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group, and we'll gladly hook you up!