Author Topic: the ^ < V game  (Read 1556554 times)

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
Re: the ^ < V game
« Reply #26600 on: August 20, 2012, 11:41:45 am »
^ Technically a Nano, but I kinda took borrowed my sister's iPod Touch :'D

< Now I'm wondering if I'll have to give it back to her when she goes back to school. I probably will, aw.

v Have you ever borrowed something from a sibling/someone close to you for an extended period of time? What was it?

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26601 on: August 21, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
My sister's dvd player (and lost the chargerfor a while)

Starting to become worried about finishing my cosplay in time but if not I'll make sure it's done for Halloween.

Are you re-using your cosplay for Halloween or any other conventions?
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26602 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:13 pm »
^ I'm most likely able to go to Aki-con this year with my fellow anime comrades from my youth group, so I plan on re-using my maid dress to be a regular kitty maid this year (either that, or I'll go as Chihiro/Sen from Spirited Away.)

< Drinking tea >w< I've been developing a craving for fruit yogurt, fruit, and Oolong tea with sugar for the past 3 days.

V Tea or Coffee?
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26603 on: August 22, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
Coffee, I don't really like tea, but I might grow to like it... It's just really icky to me right now.

Though, I can tolerate Thai Iced tea, but their coffee is way better.

Do you want Thai food as much as I do?
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26604 on: August 23, 2012, 12:19:05 pm »
Not Thai but Chinese food

Had Chinese food for dinner last night and lunch so I'm starting to feel sick

What is one food you can't stand/makes you sick

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26605 on: August 23, 2012, 01:19:47 pm »
XD Probably, rotten food. Otherwise, as long as it's cooked, I'll try anything. I'm getting really sick of fast food though.

Since I eat it almost every day. Even on the days I don't go to work.

Con is in a little over a week. Are you ready? Or do you still have a list of things to do?

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26606 on: August 23, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »
^ Thankfully I've got everything pretty much done. Just gotta make sure I get Miku's pigtails braided so they don't tangle...

< Laying in bed feeling kinda sicky ;P I hope I feel better tomorrow since I'm going bowling with friends

v How good are you at bowling?

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26607 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:01 pm »
^ I'm decent, and then I start sucking the longer I play.

< I get tired and stop caring because the food usually gets there by then :P

V What's a hobby you have besides cosplay?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26608 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »
^ I draw, sew, and pretty much do anything artsy-fartsy.

< Did a quick dress rehearsal for both my cosplays. I still need to have my bangs trimmed for FEM! Scout and I need to fix my maid dress for MAID! Konata (I'm extending the dress since it's smaller >.<). But otherwise, make-up and clothes are doing well.

V Have you made any mistakes (small or big) in the progress of your cosplay?
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26609 on: August 23, 2012, 08:19:23 pm »
^ I made the mistake of letting one of Miku's pigtails just kinda lay around and get super tangly D; That's about it, though

< I have had mishaps happen at the con, like losing some charms on Serah's bracelet (we got one back, but lost the other ;u; ), and having my sister's plushie kinda fall apart... D:

v Have you ever lost anything while at a con?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26610 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:55 am »
Yeah! Actually the first kumo I went to, back in 08, I lost my camera! It was a presant from my 90 year old Grandpa, so, I was really upset.

Later, after the con, I found out, someone had been stealing items, because a bunch of people were losing stuff that con.

Did you go to that con? They were giving out free cans of the energy drink called, "bawls"

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26611 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:41 am »
^ I didn't >.< I was getting into my otaku-ism by that time though and didn't know that there was an anime con here in the NW. Sounded awesome that they were giving free energy drinks though.

< Came back from the fair yesterday. Let's just say that awesome stuff happened, including me trying a deep-fried Twinkie for the first time. I felt diabetic eating it, but it was actually pretty good P:

V What is the most fattening think you have ever eaten? Mine would be the above xD
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26612 on: August 25, 2012, 11:56:35 pm »
I work at taco bell, so, probably every thing I eat, everyday.

I don't feel very pleasant while eating any of it, But, when I don't have money, it's really all I can afford to get.

If you works somewhere, where you got free food, would you eat it all the time?

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26613 on: August 26, 2012, 12:45:26 am »
^ I know I would, and have, because I was in a situation like that. It was glorious because Five Guys has awesome food.

< I miss working there :'<

V Do you ever give people nicknames if you don't know their name?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26614 on: August 26, 2012, 02:08:03 am »
YUP! I didn't know one of my coworkers for months! I called him Glasses, because he needed super magnified glasses to see.

XD His last name was super funny, Konappka. I don't even know what ethnicity that is!

What is the weirdest last name you have ever come across?

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26615 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:30 am »
Foote, I kind of like the name because it's so weird

Doing some last minute online shopping and I hate it

What's one thing you hate about online shopping?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26616 on: August 26, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »
I hate having to spend forever finding something that has the best of all worlds: Cheap, free shipping, best ratings, fast shipping.

Just made and ate some chocolate chip muffins (I was watching a Derpy video and got inspired to make muffins >w< ). SOOOOOO GOOOODDDDD <333

What do you like to eat muffins with?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #26617 on: September 03, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »
^ My Mouth

< Had a good time at kumoricon this year~

v Did you?

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26618 on: September 03, 2012, 09:57:56 pm »
^ had an amazing time this year
< was really sad we left at noon today
v did you miss part of con?
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26619 on: September 04, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
^ Only the first half of day 3. I decided to stay at the con on the night of day 2 for the rave and other events all night, despite having no room, 2 bags to lug around from my panel earlier that day, and no bus ride home until 5 AM. After getting home at 7 AM that morning and grabbing only 4 hours sleep, I headed back up on the bus to finish the con.

< Note to self: save up for a room and PRE-REG EARLY!! (self response: yes sir!)

V In how many pieces did you feel you survived the con with?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #26620 on: September 11, 2012, 03:55:25 am »
^I'm only missing 2 pieces of my sanity so I should be good lol

< DX I wish more people my own age had talked to me! Sometimes I hate being part asian and looking wayyy younger than I am. Damn you mother!

v What do you think could have been improved this con? Be it something about the con itself or some of the choices you made that could have been different to make con go better for you?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26621 on: September 11, 2012, 06:20:27 pm »
^ I really wished, as myself, that I would go to more panels and/or workshops. There was one of the workshops I just WANTED to go to on Day 3, but because my mom hurt her eye the night before, we had to leave earlier. As for the con itself, I don't think there needs to be much improvement except for when a sign in the con says "Don't line up until 30 minutes before the panel", then don't line up until 30 minutes before the panel. I was heading towards lining up for Slightly Anime on Day 1, and it was 45 minutes before the panel, and there were people already lined up :T I luckily got in, but I feel like that rule needs to be more strict for con-goers.

< (wow, longest speech I made on here ^^; ) Yesterday, I bought a pattern for my Fluttershy dress! (: I hope I can work on it by the time I get enough money to buy fabric. I still also have to find a lab coat pattern for FEM! Medic. I also plan on going to the Masquerade next year IF I don't get a table in Artist's Alley, so for that, I want to make a custom, formal dress for FEM! Medic (and if I make it in time, it might be my Homecoming dress this year too XD )

V (o__o; Another long speech...) Have you started on future cosplays yet? If so, have you started buying materials for it?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline zephyrzkingdom

• Oni
« Reply #26622 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
^ I really wished, as myself, that I would go to more panels and/or workshops. There was one of the workshops I just WANTED to go to on Day 3, but because my mom hurt her eye the night before, we had to leave earlier. As for the con itself, I don't think there needs to be much improvement except for when a sign in the con says "Don't line up until 30 minutes before the panel", then don't line up until 30 minutes before the panel. I was heading towards lining up for Slightly Anime on Day 1, and it was 45 minutes before the panel, and there were people already lined up :T I luckily got in, but I feel like that rule needs to be more strict for con-goers.

< (wow, longest speech I made on here ^^; ) Yesterday, I bought a pattern for my Fluttershy dress! (: I hope I can work on it by the time I get enough money to buy fabric. I still also have to find a lab coat pattern for FEM! Medic. I also plan on going to the Masquerade next year IF I don't get a table in Artist's Alley, so for that, I want to make a custom, formal dress for FEM! Medic (and if I make it in time, it might be my Homecoming dress this year too XD )

V (o__o; Another long speech...) Have you started on future cosplays yet? If so, have you started buying materials for it?
^ I have no future cosplay, only my current, as the Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler). I just need boots, need to repair my wig, and to lose some weight. :D

< Needs new boots for her cosplay but they're hard to find because I have ski's for feet.

v Do you have ski's for feet? Tell me a joke!
Cosplays:
Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji
Sephiroth from FFVII (RETIRED)
Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney (RETIRED)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26623 on: September 13, 2012, 12:43:16 am »
^
I'd do stand-up but I'm too comfy in this wonderful chair.
I've never seen so many wise cracks at one time since I went to that Tibet monastery in an earthquake.
Now I've never seen any wise quacks, but if you know a shaolin monk who goes to the U of O you let me know. (and with that I retire from show biz)

< Out of all the years I've been to K-con, this one has only a small amount of good highlights I can clearly remember. The rest was transition to and from it, saying hi to friends here and there, but otherwise I was on my own.

V Where do you feel you stand in the forum and convention community? (personally I find it hard to tell anymore)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26624 on: September 13, 2012, 12:54:45 am »
^ At the front of the dealer's hall, waving people in.

< That feel when you turned off the shower water but your armpits are still soapy.

V What was your last major derp?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26625 on: September 13, 2012, 03:24:43 am »
^ Making the floors at work look freaking fantastic, realizing that we are getting a stocking truck later tonight and it was all in vein...

<freakin, poop, I like killed myself making them look nice too.

V Right now it's like, 3:30 in the morning, when are you posting your reply to this?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26626 on: September 13, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »
^ It is now 5:07 pm o__o more than 12 hours...dayyynnnggg...

< That depressing moment when you're going to eat tacos for dinner, but right before you decide to watch a documentary about the Columbine shooting, just for the boredom of it. And now you're all depressed and grieving when you eat the tacos you were so excited for. (Happened to me last night. Still feeling a sad after-effect ]: )

V TACO TOPPINGS! What are your favorites??? :-D
Good News and Bad News.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26627 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:34 am »
^ 1 and 1/2 handfuls of cheese. I fear there's something ratty about me.

< Payday tomorrow, here's hoping I get enough to buy something decent...after the sadness of bills.

V Do you believe in the Equivalent Exchange theory from FMA?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26628 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »
^ Bailed halfway through Full Metal Atheist ep 1 way back in the day, because main character kept repeating "there is no God, there is no God," an since I personally believe otherwise I dropped the show like a hot potato and never looked back.

< Watched FOMC devalue US$ and President Zero preside over a 2nd US credit Downgrade, and sold off some silver at a handy profit. Anime can teach useful life skilz - you can learn commodity trading from Spice and Wolf!

v Going to any cons before Kumoricon 2013 rolls around?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26629 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »
^ I may be going to Akicon 2012 with some buds of mine from school and youth group, then Sakuracon 2013, either with the same buds or myself (hopefully with my buds ^^) I will be going as Nyan Cat for both cons C:

< I wish I had a new computer D: My current one is a Windows XP desktop computer...and I sometimes have to SHARE it (it's not really MY computer, but it pretty much is now that my whole family has laptops of their own.)

V What are you currently wishing for? (Item wise)
Good News and Bad News.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26630 on: September 23, 2012, 12:46:03 am »
^ A laptop myself...finally. I travel so much, I can only find very little that I can't accomplish if I can just get a hold of one that isn't always dependent on a cord.

< Next step after that is to save up for a car, or a can-am (three-wheeled) motorcycle, and maybe a ball-jointed doll to accompany the one my GF has.

V Want more money or time to spend it on?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26631 on: September 23, 2012, 05:28:32 pm »
^ Money. I can manage time better now, even if it means to cram it all in one night.

< I'm already almost done with my Nyan Cat cosplay~! **rejoice** I pretty much need to hem the dress, then buy my wig. I already have the wig I want to order, I just need time to do it XD

V Sakuracon 2013??? =3
Good News and Bad News.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26632 on: September 24, 2012, 02:17:38 pm »
^ A destiny I plan to realize...and hopefully this time not alone.

< Every day that I cosplay at a meet or con adds another chapter to my own exciting tale.

V If someone local wrote and drew a manga in which the main character experiences the trials and triumphs of cosplaying, would you want to read it?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #26633 on: September 26, 2012, 06:14:48 am »
^ Sounds like an interesting read

< Battling trying to force my sore work stressed body into sleep mode. ;(

V Worst night that you just could not sleep, even though you were heavily exhausted?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26634 on: September 26, 2012, 10:45:11 am »
^ 2 weeks ago, when I kept having phases of falling asleep and waking up all night long. Now I know how my GF in Gresham feels.

< I feel sad-happy being one of the kings of long posts. Most times they're very descriptive and informative, but it's hard to wonder if only 1% of the readers will cover it all, while most will give up from the sheer size or after the first few sentences.

V How do you see our local group of cosplay engineers?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26635 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
^ My wife at least, has a wonderful time designing and making all kinds of fun stuff and she is usually willing and interested to help others who ask about how to make physical fabric representations of the cool stuff we all watch and enjoy.

< Had a great time last weekend and played

at

and saw

in FABULOUS

v What is your favorite non-electronic board game?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:48:32 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26636 on: October 06, 2012, 06:03:17 pm »
^ Board game? Hmm...either Sorry or Monopoly. Monopoly Jr. was always my favorite as a kid <3 ahh the childhood nostalgia...

< STILL slowly recovering from being sick (it's been 2 weeks now. 2 WEEKS!) I think being sick has made me eat a lot less too, which is a good and bad thing because I'm losing weight and eating less (I usually eat a LOT, which makes me gain weight, plus my laziness.) but it might be the reason why I'm been REALLY tired lately (I also had no time to sleep in for 2 weeks.). I've lost like, 5 lbs too. o__o

V Is it me, or have a lot of people been getting sick lately?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26637 on: October 06, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »
^ No, I think a lot of people have been getting sick recently. Take me for example, I think I have a cold now thanks to all the sick girls in my school >:

< I can hardly breathe out of my noes and I'm quickly going though tissues ;u; This is no funn ksdfnskdl

v What's the longest time you've been sick?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26638 on: October 07, 2012, 02:20:42 pm »
^ Either recently, which was 2 weeks or when I had chicken pox in 2nd grade, which also lasted 2 weeks.

< But recently, I think it sucks more because in 2nd grade, I was excused from a TON of homework and recently, I have to re-write an impossible paper and stress through tons of homework to catch up on. Plus, I've been recently depressed (which I can't really blame my sickness on...) and my friends don't take it seriously. And they think I'm 100% healthy, so they seem to spread more germs on me e__e And if I tell them I'm sick, they just say "Well I'm sick too!" and just hug me and get me more sick. I'm getting to be quite a germaphobe...xD

V Are you doing anything special for Halloween?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26639 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58:01 am »
^ Not really, just babysitting 7+ kids
< I'm really sad about missing Trunk-or-treating in Goldendale this year :'(
V Are you dressing up for halloween?
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26640 on: October 11, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
^ With a small army of cosplays at my disposal...I might.

< Going to be Luigi when I take my girlfriends' niece candy hunting on that epic night of spooks and sweets.

V Ever get a small tube of toothpaste instead of candy from a house while trick-or-treating?

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26641 on: October 12, 2012, 02:36:43 am »
^ I don't think I have... but that would be funny.
< Waiting for someone to reply on Omegle.
V What year was the last time you went trick or treating? Or do you still go?
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26642 on: October 13, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »
^ I still go because I love dressing up in different types of costumes!
< Spent three hours trying to find the perfect superhero costume and failed
V Who's your favorite superhero or villain?

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26643 on: October 13, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »
^I'm not really into superheroes. My friends and I have made up our own though... All poop related
<Getting a Fai cosplay together for Halloween!
V are you dressing up for Halloween? as what?
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26644 on: October 16, 2012, 01:13:09 am »
^ If the rain keeps dumping buckets like it is, I may bring out my pirate cosplay instead and go boots deep.

< Since I play in a game where I smile at the weather no matter its form and keep doing what I do, a tiny trickle that lasts all day won't scare me away from my destined piles of candy...to give most to my lady and her niece of course.

V If someone hasn't learned something several times before, do you think there's still hope to learn that something now or in the future and that the opportunity just hasn't happened yet?
(what's with me and the deep questions all the time?)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:14:22 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26645 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:30 pm »
^ Depends on how determined they are to learn said thing. If, during the previous attempts, they weren't giving their all (or just didn't care) then their failures could be due to that. Whereas if they really want to learn something, and are just struggling, repetition could be key. In the end it all depends on the individual and their personal situation.

< Is extremely excited for round two of working at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tomorrow!~

V What are your Halloween plans? And if you have a job is your workplace doing anything special to celebrate?
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26646 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:49 am »
^ Raid the houses with the girlfriend for candy-related plunder...with her niece getting 10%, then kicking it at Ground Kontrol downtown all night long at their Halloween $5 Free Play Party.

< Actually I may have to be human Beast (Beauty and the Beast) since she's making Belle's blue day dress as her costume.

V Favorite brand of candy during Halloween time?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26647 on: November 04, 2012, 04:54:05 pm »
^ Either Reeses or Twix. There's this other candy called "Zombie Food" that's chocolate with red caramel in it and it's in a shape of a body part. Those are gooooooooodd...=w=

< My Halloween was pretty boring though. Up here on the peninsula, it rained like a cow peeing on a rock. I barely went to any houses for candy and I got a ton of M&Ms, which are good, but not good enough when you have a million bags. I was also sad because I wanted to be the 10th Doctor for Halloween (and pull of a last-minute, but awesome cosplay/costume) but I'm broke, so I had to do what I had ): (zombie makeup and old clothes.)

V Halloween! Yay or Nay for you this year?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26648 on: November 04, 2012, 08:01:14 pm »
^Yay!

<Most of my candy is gone, me and my friends showed up towards the later half

V Did you get sick on candy yet?
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #26649 on: November 05, 2012, 10:29:22 am »
^ nope, still eating as I type.
< Sitting in the college library "studying".
v What was your best childhood costume?