Author Topic: costumes  (Read 24221 times)

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
costumes
« on: June 19, 2004, 08:59:39 pm »
hey,  i love anime alot, but im not very good at making anything, but i do have a sewing machine and i will take a class but not a professional one but its still ok. but the only thing is i don't know what i should dress up as! i love cowboy bebop, fooly cooly, trigun...and a bunch more but thoes are just my top ones. but yea. if you guys have any sujustions..however you spell it...tell me! im a 13 year old girl, and i need some inspiration! lol.
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
costumes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:04:56 am »
You could prolly go as Ed from Cowboy Bebop. I've seen lots of Spikes but only two Eds. Her costume shouldn't be too hard to get together.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 04:02:36 pm »
what are most people going to dress up as? if they are.
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
costumes
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 08:49:11 pm »
There is a whole thread about that in one of the other lil' folders. ^__^  You can see that there are a lot of different costumes coming.  But Ed is a good idea!  I havn't heard anybody say that they are coming as her yet!

-ko

Offline Kuu

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 08:34:39 pm »
Or, you could go as Meril from trigun, Or , go as Milli is that how you spell their names???
Kcon 2011 plans
Toph
Fire Nation Toph
Toothless

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
costumes
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 09:57:26 am »
Cosplay is my hobby!  WAI!  This is gonna be sooo great!

I'm thinking Day 1 I will go as Kisaragi-Mama from Happy Lesson.
Day 2 is when I'll show off my most prized costume (which I need to start working on!  XI) Nataku from X
and Day 3 will be a simple Girltype Ranma 1/2 cosstume.

I am so excited to see other cosplayers!

I've won a few anime club contests for my cosplay, so hoepfully my Nataku costume will be as good as I'm wishing!

Oops!  you can see my old cosplay stuff at http://cs.clark.edu/~mclar2765/lab2.html
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 11:18:41 am »
WOW THATS SOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D:-D:-D:-D wow! i know im going as edward, but any other costume thingy, i'll have to make, i know im gunna make a sally costume. :-D from the nightmare before christmas. :-D maybe i could just go as my self, becuase i can't afford to make a really nice costume. but i have this dress like thing that looks like that mothers dress in the adams family. lol. yea. ciao.
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Sailor Sagittarius

Cosplay help.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 08:55:41 am »
Yes, I'm having trouble figuring out who I'm going to be. If anyone can help, that'd be great. I'm sixteen with layered brown hair. My longest layer is about an inch past my shoulders and my shortest gives me grown out bangs. I'm into Sailormoon, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Kenshin, Outlaw Star... But if there are any other anime that I could be from, that'd be great, too.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 11:09:58 pm »
ok if you like cowboy bebop and trigun and outlaw star you'll like X-1999, its by CLAMP, its really cool.the action is cool, but if your more into the history of anime then you'll like X.  yea, r u gunna go as one of a cowboy bebop person? if so who? im for sure going as ed, cuz im short enough. and the same age as her. so hehehehe.
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
costumes
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 08:22:37 pm »
hi. yeah Ed would be pretty easy, exept for the hair. i plan to go as Haruko from FLCL on the first day, Lain on the second, but i dont know who i should be on the third. maybe Rei from Evangelion...i don't know.

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
costumes
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 10:39:01 pm »
Why do so many costumes? I watch people do 3 and they suck because of the lack of detail. When you do 1 you can really focus on it. Also people recognize you all weekend!!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
costumes
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2004, 01:50:43 pm »
accually, because of lack of time and money, i'm putting off the Haruko costume 'till next time. i'm still gona be Lain though, cuz that costume's done. i want to do others, but i want to buy most of my things for them at second-hand stores. anyone have any suggestions of who else i should be? somthing simple?

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
costumes
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2004, 07:46:50 pm »
I've been busting my @$$ on my three costumes for MONTHS.  If you don't slack off until the last minute it isn't hard to make three well-done costumes.  Wait 'til you see me and I'll prove you WAY wrong Omni!!!!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
costumes
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2004, 08:04:29 pm »
Quote from: "DaniChan"
i want to do others, but i want to buy most of my things for them at second-hand stores. anyone have any suggestions of who else i should be? somthing simple?

Hmm.. how bout someone from Haibane Renmei?? In the anime the characters actually got their clothes from a second hand store. There's a few characters, so it seems like you might be able to find something to pull one of them off. Then you'd just need to get some wings and maybe a halo. :)

costumes
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:23:29 am »
only, i've never seen that anime. it looks cool though. here's a list of anime/manga i have seen, if that helps.

Inuyasha
Evangelion
FLCL
Digimon
Cowboy Beebop
Wolf's Rain
Sailor Moon
Azumanga Daioh
No Need For Tenchi
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura
Love Hina
Lain

i'm definently going to be Lain on day one, and i'm thinking about being a female version of Kiba from Wolf's Rain, and if i end up going on the third day, Hikari from Digimon 02. these last two are just ideas right now though.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
costumes
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 06:03:35 pm »
Hmm.. well you could always just browse the internet for pics of other stuff you haven't seen (I use image Google). Of course, if you liked Lain so much I'd reccomend seeing Haibane Renmei anyways, being it's also by Yoshitoshi ABe.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 07:56:11 pm »
im going to e a female version onJunpei from MegaTokyo. :-D
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Daystar

• Secretary
  • Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 11:06:42 pm »
lain is the weirdest thing i have ever seen in my life...

i agree Ed would be a very easy costume but its rather skimpy so i would only really suggest it for skinney people (not me)

seeing a lain there will be awsome...

but whos hikari? do you mean kari? Tai's sister... they never put down her full name... so... is that who your thinking of... because that would be cool too.
'04 Volunteer
'05 Assistant to the Operations Director
'06 Info Booth
'07 Panels Staff
'08 Panels Coordinator
'09 Panels Coordinator
'10 Assistant Programming Director
'11 Assistant Programming Director
'12 Assistant Programming Director

freakyo_w/e

what cosume?
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 08:44:18 am »
You should be Kagome or better yet SANGO(from Inuyasha). I'm thirteen and for the Kumoricon I was Miroku. A GIRL form. I had lots o' fun.^_^

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2004, 08:11:20 pm »
OK FOR NEXT YEAR!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! im joining the T-SHIRT NINJAs....they all need a woman ninja to set them straight. anywho i just got introduced to lain and i cut my hair like hers!!!and outlaw star, (last friday i saw ghost in the shell!!!) yea.....i thnk i might be a girl spike....cowboy bebop comes first always.
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
costumes
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 06:31:27 am »
i don't know who i'm going as but this time i want to make a really  good costume, like the type that some one looks at it and thinks "theres no way she made that her self"
the costumes i've made have been good (pikachu,link four sword adventure, ness, moogle, gau) but all of them just a little too sloppy, you can tell they were made on a time crunch
i justg want to make somthing that will look really good
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
costumes
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 10:14:49 am »
join the longhair ninjas of na info under spandex ninja. under general
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
costumes
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 12:56:02 pm »
I'm actually doing quite a few costumes for next year.  (Hooray for the invention of the sewing machine!).  I put my heart and soul into my costuming, and I refuse to ever wear a substandard costume again.  Just because there are people who wait until the last minute to start their costumes, doesn't mean everyone does......

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
costumes
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 09:03:28 am »
Just to say my ninja idea isnt like a last minute thing yes it dosent take a long time to make and yes its kind of tacky but it would be quite funny to see i would like peopl eto join because it would be a great memory
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Hige

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 03:22:57 pm »
I'm going as Hige and Friends going to be Kiba....Overall My costume was simple *Besides the damn collar*...Of course my friend had trouble finding a white shirt...So just think of something simple like one of the Characters from MegaTokyo....
ひげ 馬
Cosplays 2010
Pirate France
Young Russia
Belarus
Canada
Possibly-Oz or Hungry
America depends on Jacket

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
costumes
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 08:44:37 pm »
hopefully, by...i dunno sometime really soon im gunna get an actual ninja uniform, and i'll wear that.
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
costumes
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 07:39:39 am »
Quote from: "omniwarrior"
Why do so many costumes? I watch people do 3 and they suck because of the lack of detail. When you do 1 you can really focus on it. Also people recognize you all weekend!!

I agree. I like having one costume the whole time so people who might go one day but not another get to see it!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012