Poll

What RK character would you LIKE to cosplay as?

Kenshin Himura
2 (40%)
Karou Kamiya
1 (20%)
Sanosuke Sagara
1 (20%)
Aoshi Shinomori
0 (0%)
Megumi Takani
0 (0%)
Yahiko Myojin
0 (0%)
Seijuro Hiko
0 (0%)
Misao Makimachi (MINE!! ^.^)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 28, 2006, 02:21:06 pm

Author Topic: Calling all Rurouni lovers!!! And cosplayers too ^.^  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Calling all Rurouni lovers!!! And cosplayers too ^.^
« on: April 28, 2006, 02:21:06 pm »
I started a thread late last year after con, and now I rebirth it from the ashes as the phonix, hopefully this will catch fire. Now, while I'll admit there is plenty of great anime out there, and new stuff everyday, sometimes you gotta go with old school and something that's not exactly as popular. I mean, come on, there's porbably gonna be a hundred thousand Naruto/ Final Fantasy/ Bleach cosplayers out there, but who dares to be different and semi original?
Rurouni Kenshin has lost some of it's heat, and I hope to give fuel to the fire. I, the Dark Lady Kassendra aka Cassandra-chan will be cosplaying as Misao Makimachi!!! Yes!! That's right, the spunky ninja girl of the second season!! Yay. But I need to know- will there be some fellow die hard fans there to interact with!!???!! I will give uber mega glomps (with permission of course) to Aoshi-sama's, Kenshin-san's and just for the heck of it any Sano-san' and hehe, 'little Yahiko's!!' I will of course be in competition with any Megumi-chan's and Karou-dono's, but Tae's and Tsubame's are cool, no threat there... or is there?  :twisted:
Please, show your support of one of the greater works in anime history!!! Your karma will be rewarded!! ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 02:13:41 pm »
Ok, so I see that I'm unloved and alone in my love of RK... that's cool, I guess.... if you want to be like the masses and cos like everyone else, then yeah, that's your thing.... *sigh* :cry:
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 04:50:08 pm »
If ya want i'll bring my kenshin outfit and walk around with ya ^_^
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:54:59 pm »
There's still 4 months left and not everyone has come back to the forums yet.  There's still a chance another RK-lover will spot this and join you.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:57:43 am »
I would love to do a cosplay of RK, but unfortunately Im no good at sewing and my cosmaker friend seems a little less than dedicated to spending hours chained to a sewing machine.... although if I ask her to make me 5 more costumes by Kcon then maybe she'd get a few done  :twisted:

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:28:40 am »
Quote from: "Givon"
If ya want i'll bring my kenshin outfit and walk around with ya ^_^

Woot! Thank you so much!

I know how you feel Daxe. Honestly I have yet to begin on my own costume, but luckily it's prety simple ^.^ I don't even need a wig cause my hair is already long enough. I've been planing this cosplay for a while.

I know there are plenty of people who haven't came back to the forums, but there are still plenty out there that are and I was feeling a bit discouraged and unloved. The admins locked my last topic, I guess cause it wasn't popular enough or something... there are so many naruto, FF, FMA, and other anime topics out there, but nothing for this anime and in RK the costumes can be pretty simple and there are so many characters to choose from.

I plan to try and make a total dork of myself at K-con, eveyone will know the name Misao Makimachi!! They will say, 'Yeah, that was that one crazy ninja girl wasn't it? Yeah, she tried to steal my sushi...'  :twisted: Kawaii ^.^

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 11:49:22 am »
Whos sushi did you steal? Watch out, dont let the yojimbo find out, thats worth some kind of bounty. And be careful karma doesnt catch up with you, you might find your own sushi disappearing from under your chopsticks  :twisted:

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 12:25:21 pm »
Oh Daxe? Is that a threat, mwahahaha! I'm the great theif Misao Makimachi, my friend. Eh, Karma smarma! *is struck by lightning* Eh.... ok. *is seqentiually clapped in irons by yojimbo* Crud.... it's just not my day....

(Leaves the life of IC and returns ooc)

I'm so looking forward to K-con, I hope some of you peeps will join me in my RK cosplaying... if I get enough participation I'll work on a skit perhaps... who knows

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:39:23 pm »
kk, just let me no where ya want to meet and i'll be there ^_^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 03:36:05 am »
Oh, thank you!! I love you big time, Givon. Dai-suki!!!!

My Misao will have a Kenshin to glomp on, hopefull, or too ambitious?? Lol ^.^

Mata-nee ^.~

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 06:15:08 pm »
NP, just glad I can be there for ya ^_^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 07:01:02 pm »
Yay!!! I am now an Otaku with three, count them!!!, three stars!!
*Feels special*

Offline ~gaara-Kun~

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 07:05:01 pm »
congrats ^_^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 07:13:35 pm »
Aragato, gaara-kun  ^.^

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 09:58:11 pm »
Oh gosh, it's amazing I haven't rped RK at all. I use to be so much a fan of that while it still ran on Cartoon Network. I even bought all the dvds... which are getting dusty at the moment.

*sigh* I suppose if I did cosplay I would have to do Soujiro. He's such a cutie and it'll work because I never stop smiling... so I can actually get away with it.

Though if I was a really tall fit man (which... I'm not.) I would so SO SOOOOOOO cosplay Saitou. Because he's a sexy beast.

...mmhm.
Sweet Times

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:28 pm »
I think it would be awesome if you do Soujiro! The more the merrier! ^.^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 05:19:14 am »
Ok, so I have offically started work on my cosplay and it will be ready for Kumoricon! Yay! I'm just wondering, has anyone decided to do a Kenshin Charcter that I haven't heared about/ known about? Tarok! I hope you're out there and you'd better do Kenshin again!!! Heck, I hope you're coming to the con period!! If not I'll hunt you down and Tenjo Kick you to death! Mwahahahahahaha.....

*to all mods, that wasn't a threat... it was just me being weird, please don't hurt me >.< *

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:33 pm »
Ok, my cosplay is not 75% done. Just wondering now that there seem to be more people on the forums now a days if anyone else will be doing someone from the series? I know Tarok will be Kenshin, and I think Givon said he'd Kenshin for me as well, any other characters? Aoshi-sama?

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 04:24:14 pm »
I like Kenshin!

I watched that when I was a little kid...before school. XD

My dad rly liked it, too. We'd watch it together. He didn't watch much anime with me, so Kenshin always remindes me of my dad.
That and Saumrai Deeper Kyo. He liked that one, too.

And my mother only ever watched Sailor Moon with me when I was like. Seven. And she liked Last Exile, too. Watched the whole darn thing with me. x3

But yeah. I like Rurouni Kenshin.
But I have bad memories of the DUBBED OPENING SONG from long ago.

*Shudders* Why, why did we ever think dubbing the SONGS was necessary?

That I'll never understand.

[ I'm glad we got over it. D: ]

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 04:18:54 pm »
lol, yeah, I have the entire season of SDK as well. I'd love to do a Lady Okuni cosplay which actually could double as an Kikiyo costume ^.^ Hehehehe just slightly different hair styles ^.^

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 03:08:04 am »
Alright everyone!! It's offical! I will be Misao Makimachi since I just finished the last bit of the costume! Nothing special, but I can say that I made most of it myself while my grandma did the other parts! ^.^ 100% authentic and 100% complete! Yay!