Author Topic: creation station at sakuracon!  (Read 7928 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
creation station at sakuracon!
« on: January 27, 2006, 06:15:39 pm »
volunteers, artists, authors, dreamers, cosplayers, beta readers, voters (within the art contest), enthusiasts, staff, and folks who are curious are all actively sought for this year's Creation Station at Sakuracon! This is an expansion of last year's Sakuracon's Artists' Den, itself an expansion of Kumoricon's Beta Station and Fan Creation Station..........come one come all! There will be art and writing supplies available for on-site use for free all weekend, a chill space for reading, writing, drawing, painting, networking, beta-reading, etc., onsite contests (preplanned and spontaneous), improv theatre games, performances, special events, musicians and music lessons, and more!

Once the schedule is more complete, I'll repost details here as well as on the Sakuracon forums and in the kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group.

Feel free to join that group, via which we coordinate most programming not only for kumoricon's fan creation station, but also for sakuracon.......and probably also anime evolution in canada!

Definitely let me know if you might be interested in volunteering, and/or in competing in the various contests!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »
I'm so in!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:30:27 pm »
sweet! are you still up for hosting fanfic 101 and 102 panels?
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:52:36 pm »
You know it! And I've been buying goodies!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 11:15:04 pm »
I'd almost say I could do something about leather, leather prop accessories, but the plan is to be in Montana working on something though the summer maybe into September so I would not have the time to plan and not 100% I can go to the con at all.

But it would be cool to have what they think is a class or workshop on some little leather project and fool the kids into doing sweatshop work for me for the week end
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 11:42:16 pm »
What the sam hill are you talking about?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
What the sam hill are you talking about?

Arts and crafts with leather workshop with the goal of making some Anime costume accessory or a hello kitty wallet

I would volunteer to spend my own time and supplies on this except I have to keep my schedule free through October because I’m in negotiations to work on a movie and that could be 50G for my shop and then $30 an hour in the field
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 08:59:42 am »
vondan, i would LOVE to have you give some kind of leather prop production workshop! michele's cat ears workshop was full and well-loved!

please note that although this thread is on the kumoricon forums, it's advertising the work we'll be conducting at sakuracon, which is march 24-26 in seattle. if you are not yet involved in the movie (and by the way, wow!), could you run something there? or are you unable to attend sakuracon?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 02:16:09 am »
Yeah I can do a workshop on Leather and SM (Sailor Moon)

Actually for the next few months my schedule is going to be real busy. I have to.  
Catch up with lost work due to illness and out of town at funeral.  Beat the street for more customers.  Remodel my shop to make room for the big projects I'm trying to get (including the 300 Sq foot sewing loft, be jealous cosplay queens be very jealous mwaaaaaa ha ha) Train up 2 peaple who want to work for me.  Expand the costume accessories web site.  And if all that goes well I’m going to try and hit as many cons and events in the summer though fall as I can.   If I’m not stuck in the snow in Montana next September I’ll make K con and Sakura con would not be a problem next year I have places to stay in both towns.  Or I’ll have another stroke.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 11:53:02 am »
Ellen, you know I'm in. I don't know if I can help with any of your panels considering I'll be running around taking pictures for my job. But, I'll help as much as I can. I promise.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 10:02:43 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"
Ellen, you know I'm in. I don't know if I can help with any of your panels considering I'll be running around taking pictures for my job. But, I'll help as much as I can. I promise.

hm, had you talked to blackjack about whether or not you were going to be involved in the fanfic panel(s)? ......try to figure out when you're most free. perhaps if it's in the evenings, you could help put out the zine? since you have computer skills i don't....

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 10:03:11 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"

are you offering that for THIS year or NEXT year of sakuracon?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 11:08:20 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
Quote from: "Vondan"

are you offering that for THIS year or NEXT year of sakuracon?

next year   Kcon 06/Scon 07  my next 3/4 months are to busy

hey and after I remodel (I finely got all the lumber stacked around my shop and need to get my friends to help me build it cheap) I could have messy meeting space alavalble for creating
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 12:45:48 pm »
sounds like fun! and thanks for clarifying.