Author Topic: JAN 14th SALEM PARTY INFO!!!  (Read 6994 times)

Offline temp_rarnom

• Oni
JAN 14th SALEM PARTY INFO!!!
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:27:15 pm »
Ok folks, I am posting under my obvious temp name for the time being, I am kind of hoping beyond hope that my old account isn't lost forever in the black hole that is phpbb... :P

ANYWAY...

Here is what is happening on Saturday after the Kumoricon General Meeting that I am assuming is running from 12-2pm.

All events will be taking place at Chemeketa Community College in Building 9.  

The event will run from 2pm-9pm.  We need everyone out, cleaned up, and gone by 10pm.

Here is a rundown of what is happening:

-We will have two large theater rooms showing anime in one room and I'll be showcasing some Hong Kong films in the other.  I will be showing some if not all of the following films:

Bruce Lee: The man the myth
Initial-D The Motion Picture (live action)
Running Out of Time
The Killer (John Woo CLASSIC)
Shaolin Soccer

-There will be a room for manga reading, art creation, tabletop games like GO, Chess, YuGiOh, etc...

-There will also be a room for a MANGA SWAP MEET!!! If you would like to participate, bring some manga to trade and you should be good to go.

-I would also appreciate it if attendees brought some food to share for a snack/potluck room. It is always nice when we can have some munchies on hand to keep us going through the day...

-Lastly, there is no scheduled console gaming, HOWEVER... if you feel so inclined to bring a PS2/xBox with fun stuff like DDR and some dance pads, we can EASILY set that up for the entertainment of everyone.  Just remember to KEEP TRACK of your stuff.

If you want to help me and others do some minor set up, or if you want to just hang out and watch some Kung-Fu movies, I'll have some running in one of the theater rooms before everything officially kicks off at 2pm.

I look forward to seeing many of you there and I am sure it will be a great time.

Lastly, here are some directions and a nice easy to read map:

Directions from Portland to Chemeketa Community College
Take I-5 South towards Salem.
Take exit number 260B for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn left onto Chemawa Road NE.
Turn right onto Portland Road NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE.
Turn left onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

Directions from Eugene to Chemeketa Community College
Take I-5 North towards Salem.
Take exit number 256 for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn right onto Market Street NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE and continue for approximately 2 miles.
Turn right onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

also you can click this link for directions too if you would like:

http://www.chemeketa.edu/exploring/locations/salem/direction.html

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Dont forget the Official Slogon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:46:51 pm »
"Let's have a night on the town! Onward to the Cosplay Karaoke!"
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:53:09 pm »
No cosplay this time? O_O

Offline temp_rarnom

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:09 am »
Quote from: "BlitzAceTidus"
No cosplay this time? O_O

Oh you can cosplay all you want, there just aren't any official-like contests really this time.  :wink:

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 12:09:39 pm »
I so want to see the Bruce Lee movie and the Killer.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline temp_rarnom

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »
Quote from: "guspasho"
I so want to see the Bruce Lee movie and the Killer.

The Bruce Lee film is pretty awesome.  It is one of the best of the 'Bruceploitation' films.  (not actually starring Bruce Lee)  The fights are funny and good, the dub is awesome awful.

And, oh yes, THE KILLER is soooooo good.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 02:55:34 pm »
YES! Cant wait to go!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
I am sad because I won't be able to make it (Basketball Tourney in Aloha). This won't be the only of its kind right?
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 08:45:31 pm »
Quote from: "AzuKyo"
I am sad because I won't be able to make it (Basketball Tourney in Aloha). This won't be the only of its kind right?

That is a tricky question that I don't have a definate answer to.  Originally there were three of us who were in charge of the events.  I ran anime/manga/film, someone else ran the LAN stuff, and the other person was the president and handled the basic setup and registration, LAN, and sponsors.

Now, the problem is that the other two people have moved out of state.  They were also both students at the college.  I am not and so I am limited in what I can arrange.  For this event I made sure that the other club heads reserved the rooms and all that stuff.

SO... for things to really continue as they are we need more people who are willing to be staff for our club.  Prefferably local folks who are attending the community college and also people who are willing to do big jobs like setup, monitor, and run LAN tourneys, console game tourneys, handle sponsors etc...

We do have another event tenatively scheduled for the end of February, but I am not really betting on it happening with things the way they are now.  Still, I may be being pessimistic and things could work out great.

I'll obviously keep people posted and I really do hope that we can continue to have more events like this because they are really a blast.

so, yeah, there is your long-winded answer... :P
The trick is not minding.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 09:49:56 pm »
Do you need a 14yr-old kid that has experience supervising large events and setting up Super Smash Bro. Tournaments (with friends, not public). I don't currently attend the Community College, but I might take classes there over the summer. I am willing to help.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:57:05 am »
okay i was wrong about the cosplayin i made a prototype sakaki san that i'll bring with me but jaz dosent want to cosplay alone, we get so few chances to cosplay during the year ya know?  
ps its crazey how much i love the knee high socks :D
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 08:38:33 pm »
anyone going from this to seattle for the sakuracon meeting, with whom i could catch a ride?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 09:41:40 am »
:( Yeah, sorry about that Eric. I don't plan on staying in Minnesota forever though, so we'll see what happens...

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
:( Yeah, sorry about that Eric. I don't plan on staying in Minnesota forever though, so we'll see what happens...

really???  cool.  but, don't feel bad though, things will still work out I think. :)
The trick is not minding.