Author Topic: 2015 Cosplay Chess: Rules & Sign-ups  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
2015 Cosplay Chess: Rules & Sign-ups
« on: July 27, 2015, 09:05:37 pm »
A little bit late, since I know some of you have seen it already...

Rules and registration forms for this year's Cosplay Chess can be found here:  Cosplay Chess Rules & Sign-up

We are running two games again this year: the usual daytime match on Monday, and a late-night match Sunday night.  Since it will be after curfew, you will need to be 18-years or older to participate in the Sunday match.  You can sign up for one or both games - if you are offering different cosplays for each match, please be sure to submit a separate form.

For each game, we are looking for 32 pieces and a couple of chess masters.  You do not have to know how to play chess to be a piece (it is much appreciated if you are wanting to be a chess master, at least the basic moves, since they are controlling the game.)

These are both unscripted, just-for-fun games.  My preference is that every one gets to participate, so don't be expecting the best game of chess ever... just entertaining 

This is Cosplay Chess, so you character cosplay will be the deciding factor in who gets to participate.  This is not a first-come, first-serve sign-up, so you don't have to worry about submitting your form right away... it is more important that your cosplay is complete, and preferably well-known characters.  This is a separate event from the Cosplay Contest, so you will not be judged on the quality of the cosplay, or whether you made it yourself - you just need to be a recognizable character.

To sign-up to be a chess piece, you need to do the following:
You must include photos of you in your cosplay, or of your cosplay itself (I can't reiterate this enough, guys... if you don't send pics, you don't get to play).  Images of your character will not suffice.  Since this is not first-come, first-serve, you have time to wait until your cosplay is complete... there is no penalty for being one of the last ones to register.  You are also allowed to submit more than one cosplay (just submit a separate form for each.)

Also... if your "piece" is more than one person, please submit one form for each person, but indicate on your form that they are one "piece".  Due to space constraints on the board, I will limit the number of such pieces that will be accepted, and no more than 3 people to one "piece".

If you are interested in being a chess master, or want to help out in another way, please let us know by posting here or emailing chess@kumoricon.org.

Sign-ups will be open until August 29th.  Players will be notified of their team and position the week before con, and will be required to attend a pre-meeting before the event (Sunday night for late-night, Monday morning for daytime).  Please keep in mind... the timing of the Monday pre-meeting is usually during hotel checkout, so factor that in to your plans.

If you have any questions, please post here or PM me.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2015 Cosplay Chess: Rules & Sign-ups
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:05 am »
We are getting close to the end of sign-ups for Cosplay Chess this year.  Everyone who submitted an application should have received an email confirming that it was received - if you have not received an email, we did not receive your form and you will need to try again.

There has been a good variety of cosplays entered this year, but there is always room for more.  If you are interested in being a piece this year, you need to get your form and pic in as soon as you can - there's only a few more days.  And guys, I can't stress this enough - you need to submit a picture of you in your cosplay.

If you have any questions, post here or email chess@kumoricon.org.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
Re: 2015 Cosplay Chess: Rules & Sign-ups
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 05:27:37 pm »
Clock is ticking...have YOU submitted your application yet?  ;D I know I have.

Decided to attend Kumoricon this year last minute, will be great to see ya'll again after 2 years. :D