Author Topic: Dealers room kumoricon  (Read 3954 times)

Offline Sansan

• Oni
Dealers room kumoricon
« on: July 16, 2015, 08:10:15 am »
I was wondering why no one responds to emails when the con is less than 2 months away.
I am a prospective vendor. I hit them up at the Sakura con and got a card (although the info on the card is no different than on the site), another dealer who's already in have me some contact info to the dealers head but doesn't work. I have been sending emails to the vendors dept and the conchair but none respond!
But apparently their website is up to date though. The application opened for dealers till June 1, I applied and I didn't even receive confirmation that my application was received.

What is going on? Someone please enlighten me!!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dealers room kumoricon
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:41:54 am »
I don't know why you're emailing the Chair, but you should be emailing the Exhibitor's at exhibits@kumoricon.org
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sansan

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:12 am »
I don't know why you're emailing the Chair, but you should be emailing the Exhibitor's at exhibits@kumoricon.org

Thanks for reading. Please note I said many times that I have been emailing vendors dept. "I emailed the vendors dept and the conchair but no one ever responds" I only emailed the con chair once after many attempts of emailing the vendors dept
Thanks for the email as well. It's on the website and on the business card, to which I emailed to since January 2015 but no one responds.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 05:43:01 am »
I will say that I think they're backed up or having issues or something. Cause I've been supposed to be in contact with the Panels or Staff or something to be staff this year, and I should've gotten an email in the last 14 days, and still nothing.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline brandzessxx

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:22:07 pm »
I'm also waiting for a reply back.. email them like 3 times and got no response. Last year they didn't get back to us until August, less than a month before the convention. Wondering if it will be the same scenario this year.

Offline Sansan

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »
I'm also waiting for a reply back.. email them like 3 times and got no response. Last year they didn't get back to us until August, less than a month before the convention. Wondering if it will be the same scenario this year.

Wow, I don't get it. Everyone is out of contact and We need to plan for our trips. As the time is creeping closer, everything is going up and up and up. Has anyone heard from them yet?

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »
Have they learned nothing from Mewcon and Anime Evolution? Two area cons (ok, AE is in Vancouver BC but that's still the Pacific Northwest) that fell apart due to mismanagement.

And yes I know we got Newcon and Anime Revolution out of it, but that doesn't change what happened to begin with.

And not communicating with some major parts of the con (sending out emails doesn't count when it looks like most people didn't get them!) is a HUGE mismanagement.