Author Topic: I haven't been notified either way  (Read 7474 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
I haven't been notified either way
« on: July 12, 2015, 04:16:28 pm »
I have no idea if my panels have been accepted or rejected, and there's no list anywhere. When did all of you find out?

This wouldn't be so bad if we were able to buy our tickets in advance and get reimbursed for the difference.

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: I haven't been notified either way
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »
first the staff have to set up everything with the special guests, then they can accept panels from fans, and you will get notified by the end month. at least thats what i was told.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:58:11 am »
Ah i see now. People were saying their panels had been accepted, but those were from last year. It's confusing when people bump threads like that!

But still, we need yo know SOON because the prices only go up and we either can't buy the tickets yet or we buy them before we get word and risk losing out on our money because we aren't refunded the difference.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:16:10 am »
They said on Facebook that if you are interested in a panelist badge to email them so they get everything figured out for you.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 11:04:56 am »
Ugh, they said that on a completely different site and not on here? Not everyone has a Facebook!

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 11:16:44 am »
i think you have to host 2 hours worth of panels to get a panel badge.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:34 pm »
Yeah, I did last year. But none of that helps when I don't know if I have the space.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:18 am »
I wonder if they've put up a notice about the panelist badge and requirements on the main site. That'd be a nice incentive for more fan panels I'm sure.
Kumori'15

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:48:36 pm »
I really really really really really really really really really want to know if my panel (I'm running "Ask on Titan 2015") has been accepted, so I can add the "Attack on Titan Photo Shoot" (which I'm also running immediately after the panel) to the official photo shoot thread.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:25 pm »
same
kumoricon is taking wayyyy too long. we panelists kinda plan photoshoots and schedules around the panels.... we really need to know, kumo!!! ;-;

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »
i kinda wanna know if my panels were picked or not too but i don't wanna bother the staff since there working so hard.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 03:35:34 pm »
This is beyond acceptable. We're just a touch over a month before the con and we don't have any word yet.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 03:40:06 pm »
This is beyond acceptable. We're just a touch over a month before the con and we don't have any word yet.
I wish a forum moderator with knowledge of the situation would give us an update.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 10:33:19 pm »
I just sent a message to whoever the panel head is and I advise you all do the same. I also showed them this post.

Offline twsparrow001

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 11:12:06 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm Kyo, one of the Assistant Directors of Programming, and the Panels Manager.

As I'm typing this we are currently working on resolving all of this but I thought it was important that I jump on here to give you all an update. On July 7th, I sent out an email to everyone that submitted a panel form, explaining that we were waiting on vital information before we could start scheduling and accepting panels. Thursday night we finally received that information, and we are working at top speed to make final decisions on panels and get people notified.

Notification emails will be going out over the course of tonight and tomorrow. With over 180 panels submitted this year, there will unfortunately be a lot that are declined. As you all know, we have limited time and space in the schedule, so we are being more selective than ever to provide a variety of quality content. I know that there are plenty of applications in there that we would like to accept but will probably not have space for. I encourage you all to consider submitting panels next year even if yours don't make the cut this time.

You've all been amazingly patient with us, so now that we are finally able to make hard decisions on panels we will be working as fast as possible to contact you. We will announce when all emails have been sent, so if you're expecting an email and don't get it you will know to get in contact with us.
Huh? Radio?
What's going on with that radio?

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 01:22:25 am »
Hi everyone, I'm Kyo, one of the Assistant Directors of Programming, and the Panels Manager.

As I'm typing this we are currently working on resolving all of this but I thought it was important that I jump on here to give you all an update. On July 7th, I sent out an email to everyone that submitted a panel form, explaining that we were waiting on vital information before we could start scheduling and accepting panels. Thursday night we finally received that information, and we are working at top speed to make final decisions on panels and get people notified.

Notification emails will be going out over the course of tonight and tomorrow. With over 180 panels submitted this year, there will unfortunately be a lot that are declined. As you all know, we have limited time and space in the schedule, so we are being more selective than ever to provide a variety of quality content. I know that there are plenty of applications in there that we would like to accept but will probably not have space for. I encourage you all to consider submitting panels next year even if yours don't make the cut this time.

You've all been amazingly patient with us, so now that we are finally able to make hard decisions on panels we will be working as fast as possible to contact you. We will announce when all emails have been sent, so if you're expecting an email and don't get it you will know to get in contact with us.

Thanks for the awesome update!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 01:23:16 am »
I didn't receive any email like that. Did anyone else here not get one?

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 11:53:03 am »
yay we'll get our emails soon!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 12:01:44 pm »

I hope my panel gets accepted, because not being accepted would amount to treason, in my book. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME!!!
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »
my remilia scarlet panel was turned down  :'(
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 01:06:20 am »
I just got my confirmation email :D So all of the confirmations should be sent by Monday I'm assuming.
Kumori'15

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 05:23:16 am »
my remilia scarlet panel was turned down  :'(
I don't see my panel on schedule, so I'm disappointed. *titan shifts and roars at Kyo* However, My panel MIGHT have a chance if someone gets cold feet and backs out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:29:05 am by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:42 am »
Does anyone know when staff will get back about scheduling conflicts? All four of my panels got in, but one of them is at an AWFUL time for us and cannot happen at that time. If we could switch that panel with another one of my panels time slots, it'd be amazing!!!! We have 12 people who this doesn't work for and we were so excited for this panel :'>

Offline SableKitten

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 11:46:47 am »
Otaku, I think I see it scheduled for Saturday, is that not it?

EDIT: I believe it is, it's set on Saturday for 9- 10 pm it's called Ask on Titan 2015 like the forum title
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:49:50 am by SableKitten »
Kumoricon 2016 Plans
For Sure: Guren Ichinose (Owari no Seraph), Hanayo Koizumi (Love Live!), Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist, hesitant because costume is still not here)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 02:32:02 pm »
Yay both mine were confirmed! Hahaha the Pokémon Manga panel is one of the last ones of the con~~

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:58 pm »
Otaku, I think I see it scheduled for Saturday, is that not it?

EDIT: I believe it is, it's set on Saturday for 9- 10 pm it's called Ask on Titan 2015 like the forum title
You are correct. However, could you please email Kyo and ask if she can find a daytime time slot, for us? I don't want to do a nighttime photo shoot, for several reasons;
1. My mom doesn't want me crossing streets after dark.
2. Nighttime photo shoots MAY require flash photography.
3. If flash photography is needed, I just MIGHT Titan Shift.
4. If I Titan Shift, I'm LIKELY gonna be "killed" by Levi.
5. If I "die", you'd better get everyone to a fallout shelter, before Mikasa goes thermonuclear.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 07:49:54 pm »
Does anyone know when staff will get back about scheduling conflicts?
As was stated in the email, we are giving people until Wednesday to let us know of conflicts, which is when will revise the schedule and send out another draft.

We have 12 people who this doesn't work for and we were so excited for this panel :'>
If you have emailed panels@kumoricon.org with the info, then we will do the best we can to try to accommodate you.  But, we can't promise you that we can make the changes at this point - this is one of the reasons we ask for your time restrictions when you submit the panel form.

You are correct. However, could you please email Kyo and ask if she can find a daytime time slot, for us? I don't want to do a nighttime photo shoot, for several reasons
If we have space available, we will try to accommodate the request.  But we don't schedule around photoshoots - they are unofficial events that we have no control over, and if we tried to schedule around everyone's photoshoot then we wouldn't have much in the way of a schedule.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:48 pm »
Thank you so much for clearing that up, Jamiche!!
The thing is, another one of my panels ((same concept as the one I was posting about just a different anime, same timeframe too)) got the slot I asked for for the original posted about panel. So I was just wondering if I could cancel the 'same concept' panel and give that time slot to original post panel.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye out for the email and new schedule! Thanks soooo much. <3

Offline twsparrow001

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »
Okay guys, a LOT of you have replied to the scheduling email, so thanks for getting back to us so quickly!

There are some things I want to clarify though:

First off, my email is exploding way more than it has in past years. Please read your message before you send it, and make sure what you're telling us isn't going to change before Wednesday. We've already gotten a lot of "wait nevermind" messages, and those can be hard to keep track of. Try not to send more messages than you need to inform us why your panel needs to be moved to a different spot. It's also important that you give me the title of the panel you're talking about! Just saying "the Sailor Moon panel" doesn't help if we have more than one of them. ;3

We will look at your messages to track who needs to move and why, but unless your message needs immediate attention we will not be responding each one. Trust me, if you guys want us to spend time doing actual work on the schedule, you won't want us taking the time to send 21354658 confirmation emails. We aren't moving panels around during this time, we gave you guys until Wednesday to respond so that everyone has a chance to point out scheduling errors before things get moved. That brings me to my next point~

There are a lot of people running panels, and each one of you has your own scheduling restrictions.

Please try to be flexible with when you're willing to have your panel. We try to give everyone slots that they will like, but we are most concerned with everyone's panel being during a time they can run it (and aren't completely miserable about it<3). Some of you are only here on certain days, or are entering a contest, or have time restrictions due to travel arrangements.

We are looking for scheduling conflicts during this time. When scheduling we go off what restrictions are on your form. We continually shift things around while making the schedule, and sometimes things start in a good spot and get shifted to a time the panelist can't be there. If you would like your panel to be at a different spot for X reason we will try to accommodate if a better slot opens up, but if it's not absolutely necessary, your panel may need to stay where it is.

You may want to switch your panel's slot with someone else's because it fits yours better, but that panel you want to move is there for a reason. There are a lot of panels that can only go in a couple of specific slots during the weekend because of their time restriction. Also - the panel rooms are set to have certain setups for long periods of time to avoid making the hotel put chairs in and out of rooms all weekend. This also restricts where and when we can slot certain panels.

So please, try to be flexible, and remember that there are a lot of other people contacting us about this stuff too. We hope to be able to give everyone times they are happy with, but sometimes you might have to settle for a spot that is just okay.
Huh? Radio?
What's going on with that radio?