Author Topic: A question about badge nicknames  (Read 3580 times)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
A question about badge nicknames
« on: January 01, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »
When I register (as a panelist, hopefully), can I have my nickname on the badge, be JägerDarkness? I want to do this, as an homage to JiakiDarkness, who I feel is one of the greatest Cosplayer's of all time*.

*His Levi Ackerman Cosplay is AMAZING. *drools*
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: A question about badge nicknames
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »
I don't see why not..Your nickname can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it isn't swear words or offensive words, right?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:12 pm »
The only question I would have would be if the special character "ä" would show up on the badge?
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:01:15 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've seen special characters on badges before, but they might have changed policy since then.
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 05:45:22 pm »
I thought they just did a copy/paste thing with the names..So anything you put that can be typed should work..On their system that they do the back printing on, it's basically an art program with the badges on them right? And they get printed on sticker sheets right (I believe they are stickers that they just slide into the ID badge holder)? And as long as it can be typed on any given keyboard (which that one is a special character, but you can still type it on any american computer), then I don't see why it wouldn't work..

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 02:56:14 am »
I can't be the only one wondering now if I can set up my nickname to be hiragana and have it appear as such on the badge.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 07:52:16 am »
I remember one year that they told me they have to be letter characters and can't be Japanese, Chinese, etc characters.  Although I believe the umlauts, accents and whatnot are ok, since I swear I remember seeing some.
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett