Author Topic: Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Publicity  (Read 2974 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Publicity
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:25:17 am »

This thread is for questions and answers for the candidates for the 2015 Director of Publicity.

Please remember the following when participating in the Q&A threads. The normal forum code of conduct applies, except:

There is a partial exemption to the rule that forum discussion cannot be about a person. You may incorporate personal comments, including praise or criticism, into your election questions and answers, and ensuing discussion, but only regarding candidates who are running for a position, or about another person if it is directly entangled with an issue germane to the outcome of the election. In so doing, you must still exercise standard courtesy, and refrain from profanity, disruption of the discussion, excessive vitriol, and irrelevant comments. Please keep in mind that there will be an opportunity for spoken comments at the elections meeting.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Re: Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Publicity
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:18 am »
I really don't want to sound like a broken record and post this in every Q&A thread, so I'll just post this here once.  ;D

I would really appreciate it if all candidates for a position posted a resume for the given position and maybe a more general introductory statement about themselves and the position they're running for. Hopefully this will also help others make an educated decision on the best candidate for a position.

I'm starting to wonder if candidates didn't see the question because it's not in their respective threads.  So I'll be the broken record.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:32:08 am by kjayers »
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline BellDue

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:05:43 am »
What do you see the role(s) of the Director of Publicity as being, and what do you believe you bring to the table in this regard?

As the Director of Publicity, what changes (if any) would you like to institute?

[/size]How do you feel Publicity relates to the other departments? What can Publicity do for the other departments?

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 06:07:01 pm »
What would you keep the same as last year?
What would you most want to change for this year compared to last year? (not in a what someone did wrong, but in a way of what are your ideas for improving)
Where do you plan to do outreach in the coming year?
Publicity and Relations have a pretty close relationship sometimes, how do you think you can make that flourish into a partnership that will help us grow?
What are your plans for con publications and trademarked handouts?

Thanks,
Samantha Feldman

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:20:57 pm by Chryssaia »
Position history:

2013: Cosplay Staff
2013: Tabletop Staff
2014: Main Events Staff
2014: Outreach Staff
2015: Assistant Director of Publicity

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »
For the benefit of people who don't frequent the forums, I would super appreciate if folks would put their name as it will appear on the ballot in their introductory post (even if it seems obvious).  Thanks!
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary