Author Topic: AKB0048  (Read 14189 times)

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
AKB0048
« on: May 30, 2014, 04:10:01 pm »
So is anyone instrested in doing an AKB0048 group or photoshoot. My sister and I want to cosplay and Yuko and Takamina from AKB0048. We don't have are costumes yet and we are gonna either make, buy, or commission them. Does anyone have experience buying these costumes or making them or commissioning them. I do not want to buy from china just because they do not have specific sizes at least the ones I looked at on ebay. If you could help me out that would be wonderful.
Smile!!! : )

Offline Mountain View Cosplay

• Cabbit
Re: AKB0048
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:41:52 pm »
hope i can meet up with you, but i wont be in AKB0048 cosplay. but next year im going to cosplay Acchan
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:46:15 pm by Mountain View Cosplay »

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:44:46 pm »
hello! me again, do you have a facebook? if you do i want to friend you, after all then we can plan photo shoots together come the time being

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »
Obviously this year is over so are you guys doing AKB next year? I really wanna do one..My 2 favs are Makoto and Takamina. I like them about the same, so I will have a nice time picking haha but I may have it for K-con next year.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:57:08 pm »
Yes I will be Yuko again would love to have an Acchan and a Takamino or Makoto next year!!!!!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:11:57 am »
Awesome I'll see whT I can do. I think Takamina will be easier to pose for, but I like Makoto more but have no idea how to look good posing as her. I can't do the freaking out thing without looking too fake. But Takamina is gonna be hard because using long ponytails hurts my head. Lol. I'd do Yuko but not only are you already, but I just don't care haha Maybe another successor. I like a few. Like I like nyan-nyan and Yukurin.

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:06:16 am »
we are going to have to do a photo shoot, with us three

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 12:39:54 pm »
Yes we are any of you guys going to Newcon or Sakura con I will be Yuko at both cons. Newcon might be a little to close. If you guys need recommendations on where to buy the costume I have a good site but the only sell yuko so you would have to make some adjustments since all the successors have different skirts.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »
Yes we DO need to have an AKB shoot. That'd be fun. But I don't think I can make it for Sakuracon and I can't attend newcon. Kumoricon is the only con that's far away that I can attend..It's too much gas to drive to this one and back AND new con. I can only afford one far con a year. I'm close enough to Sakura and Aki that I if I miss those, I don't get a replacement con.

I'll try to find you at sakura though.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »
Yeah thats totally fine. Yes I would love for you to find me at Sakura though I cannot tell you which days I will be Yuko still to early. But I plan on bringing her. This past Sakuracon was my first one I loved it so much!!!!!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »
If you are done with your cosplay (or if not, when you ARE) you should post a picture so I know what you look like. Makes it easier to find a person if I have their picture..I mean I know what Yuko looks like, obviously, but there may be more than just you.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:38:42 pm »
Right now my computer is being dumb and not allowing me to upload my Yuko cosplay picture. I will post it as soon as I can.

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:47 pm »
i can only go to kumoricon, because of school and money i cant go

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »
Thats okay. Were just meet up at Kumoricon again next year and do AKB0048.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 11:10:25 pm »
lol That sounds good then. I'll still see what I can do about Sakuracon.

So do you no longer have your Takamina then? You said you had one this year but then when I mentioned wanting to you said you needed one now..Just wanna know..Also, which outfit are you doing? Since the pic won't post you can just link me to a pic of Yuko in the outfit you do.

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »
she was dressed in the red outfits( the one they preform in the most ) witch i will be making as well, and Sailor-Jeimi i think you should cosplay Takamina because in the first episode they are all dancing next to each other. and i might go to Newcon, but i wont have Acchan yet, if im lucky i'll have her wig

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »
she was dressed in the red outfits( the one they preform in the most ) witch i will be making as well, and Sailor-Jeimi i think you should cosplay Takamina because in the first episode they are all dancing next to each other. and i might go to Newcon, but i wont have Acchan yet, if im lucky i'll have her wig

Ah you mean this one:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130310204134/akboofourtyeight/images/d/de/Yuko82.jpg
?
That's the one they use the most..
I plan that one so that's good..
The full Takamina will be like this:
http://static.tumblr.com/7fcc349937ab98fce0e6859a2c305682/uqliekf/W79mt1i60/tumblr_static_250.jpg

I might be able to talk my friend into a cosplay too. She likes cute outfits..I wonder who she could do though..I told her to watch it so..Anyway, I think Takamina it is then since you guys think so too. But if I can't get a wig that will stay on my head (like I said, ponytails like to hurt me) I will change it to Yukirin, Nyan-Nyan, or maybe even Mayuyu..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 09:50:12 pm »
Sorry to double post..But....
I just finished season 2 for the second time..I totally forgot how cute Yukirin's dance training outfit is..I mean look at this:

Tell me hers isn't the cutest one?

Update too..I also talked with that friend I have..I guess it wasn't her that I told to watch it..She already has..And loves it..She is doing Acchan..lol So there ya go i guess haha
I've also been looking around for a Yukirin wig. Since I can't wear the china wigs like from ebay and stuff, I have to look at the big US stores. Arda has the perfect color, magenta, but of course, it doesn't come in a wig that will work..lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:29:35 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 11:48:35 pm »
Ohh man good luck finding a wig since you can't do the ebay china ones. That's where I got my yuko wig. It was my first experience buying a wig from china and on ebay. The other wigs I have I got from wigland in portland. Have you tried looking at epic cosplay wigs. The have longer wigs the arda does but still a great selection maybe you will find one that works for you. Also I could totally make Yukos practice outfit.

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 11:53:37 pm »
all 3 of the wigs i have are from Ebay and the only one i dont like is my Armin wig, but there are some good sellers, you just have to look. and i wish there was a practice outfit for Acchan, i dont think there is one
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:54:57 pm by Mountain View Cosplay »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 12:33:09 am »
First I'll state that the sellers on eBay isn't the problem. It's the size. They are all too small. They are made for Chinese people who generally have smaller heads than the western countries. So they don't even fit.

Second yes she does. In season 2 they show it more. Yuko and Tsubasa both talk about acchan and have flashbacks of them all training. Acchans is similar to takaminas, but different colors.

EDIT:
Sorry, wrote all that on mobile haha I'll go further into it..
Arda and epiccosplay and thefivewits are the only brands of wigs that fit me..So it doesn't matter how trustworthy a wig seller on ebay is, when they don't fit my head in the first place. They could be the top seller on the planet, but that doesn't make them fit my head..See? lol It's very annoying because there are lots of better colors that way, but it's pointless..

As for Acchan, this is her training outfit:

The skirt thing is like most of the other girls' skirts where it doesn't fully attach all the way around, it's simply held in place where the bow sits.

By the way, I didn't get an answer..The picture I linked to (not Acchan) of the outfits, is that the one you were talking about doing?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:24:26 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:00 pm »
Sorry, yet ANOTHER double post here..lol

Anywho, there's someone on here that said they are down to cosplay AKB too. I told him about you, MISS CENTER!! YUKO-SAN!! And I told them about me and my friend too.. It's a crossplayer. You may have seen him this year. His crossplays were very nice.

Mountain View, are you doing Acchan then? WE will have 2, since my friend is also doing her, but I don't mind. That way we still have one when one decides to disappear into the Center Nova voidy-portaly thingy..

Also, I'm so torn..Yukirin is so adorable and sweet, but Takamina will bring this whole group together..I think I'm gonna settle with Takamina though..At least I KNOW I can get that wig haha

EDIT (No need to make a dang 3rd post lol):
I talked with wnother person that wants to be our Mauyuyu. She said she may not be finished by Sakuracon, but didn't mention Kumoricon, the way I worded it, and she worded it, it sounds like she will hopeully get it done by next kumori at least. That'll be awesome. Already 5 people.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:20:32 am by Sailor-Jeimi »

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »
so we have Takamina, Yuuko, Acchan ( me), Mauyuyu and then another Acchan? if im correct. but we might have six, because there was a Nagisa at kumoricon this year and im hoping we can find her next year as well, and do you have a picture of your crossplayer friend?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:04:42 pm by Mountain View Cosplay »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 03:07:52 pm »
so we have Takamina, Yuuko, Acchan ( me), Mauyuyu and then another Acchan? if im correct. but we might have six, because there was a Nagisa at kumoricon this year and im hoping we can find her next year as well, and do you have a picture of your crossplayer friend?
That is correct so far. And no I don't have a pic if him. But why oils it matter?

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 03:13:15 pm »
That is correct so far. And no I don't have a pic if him. But why oils it matter?
   i thought you ment he crossplayed some one from AKB0048 sorry

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »
   i thought you ment he crossplayed some one from AKB0048 sorry
Oh, no. I mean he crossplays in general. As in when he finally does an akb character it's going to be crossplay.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:17 am »
This is going to be so cool next year!!!! I got my costume from cosplaysky.com but they only have Yuko so some modifications will have to be done on the skirts of the other AKB0048 characters if your going for accuracy. I recommend that you do the custom sizing cause I did not and the skirt ended up being to small for me but I was able to fix it by making a new waist band. Would it be cool if you guys learned some of the dances and then we could perform it as a group there are few dance tutorials on youtube I could post it here for you guys if you want to learn. 

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 11:46:33 am »
Yuko photo

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:00 pm »
That looks great. You already have a message with my talk about that site so I won't bring that up here. But they are all the same outfit. The only differences are accessories like how Takamina has 2 bows holing her ponytail up that match the outfit. Anyway I have a suggestion for ya. Wear a petticoat under the skirt. Yours lays very flat. You can get a black one from Halloween stores right now and any other time by leg avenue. It'll make the skirt poofy like theirs

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 02:05:59 pm »
Yeah I have been looking for a petticoat for another cosplay I just don't want to spend $20 on it so I will probably make one. I really liked the skirt just by itself but yes it will poof out more with a petticoat. I will personally be learning the dances cause I really want to but it would be so cool if you guys learned one of them too. Aitakatta is the easiest dance to learn. http://youtu.be/urYj1PQrE5M here is a link to the dance tutorial if you guys want to learn it.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »
Don't know if this would help but I really liked the AKB0048 costumes by an esty seller named Haodao they looked really good.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »
Oh yea the dances. Forgot to reply about that. No I can't. I have nowhere to practice. I live upstairs and am not allowed to do things like that because it rattles the house (old house. Really old) so I can't.

However, if I DID wanna do a dance, It's most lileky be River. That's now like my favorite song..It WAS Heavy Rotation, but the more I listened to River, the more I liked it..But OMG I can NOT get Heart Gata Virus outta my damn head..It's so annoying, but so freaking catchy..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:43:43 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 10:15:15 pm »
I love River the dance is amazing and so is the song. I even know a dance tutorial for it. I am thinking for next Kumroicon I might submit a dance panel and teach the AKB0048 dances along with other dances. http://youtu.be/2WCqMLxoqd8 here the dance tutorial link for it on Youtube. My personal goal is to learn all the dances by Kumoricon because I dance all the time and I would love to add dance to another aspect of my cosplay. You guys don't have to learn them I just thought it would be cool if we all did a group dance together.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 12:03:31 am »
I know that vid lol I was gonna watch it tonight, since all the cover dances are mirrored only..I think they aren't legally allowed to be put online since they aren't IN the group (I mean the dance cover videos, those people are just random and not IN akb so). But it's annoying to learn from a mirrored video because you not only are reversed, but learning it that way makes it harder to get it right the correct way lol I didn't see if the tutorials are mirrored though..

But yea, if you host that panel, I'll do my best to come.
Oh, I know it would. I WANT to learn them to dance at con. Just can't practice..Also need to for some Vocaloid songs but again..can't..

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:56 am »
The tutorial is mirrored to make it easier for the people learning the dance. She goes on to explain in detail which hand you use while she uses the opposite hand. So she would say you use your right  hand but she will mirror it with her left hand. So you are learning the correct dance she is just doing it in front of you. Mirroring the dance lets people see the hand movements and stuff like that and know that they are doing it right. Yes I know some dances are mirrored for copyright or whatever but in this tutorial she is teaching you the correct movements and directions of the actual dance only she is mirroring it. Im just trying to clarify it so your not confused just because the dance tutorial says mirrored. Yeah but hopefully I will do a dance panel at Kumoricon I also need to learn the vocaloid dances so many to learn luckily I have a year to do it. 

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:52 am »
The tutorial is mirrored to make it easier for the people learning the dance. She goes on to explain in detail which hand you use while she uses the opposite hand. So she would say you use your right  hand but she will mirror it with her left hand. So you are learning the correct dance she is just doing it in front of you. Mirroring the dance lets people see the hand movements and stuff like that and know that they are doing it right. Yes I know some dances are mirrored for copyright or whatever but in this tutorial she is teaching you the correct movements and directions of the actual dance only she is mirroring it. Im just trying to clarify it so your not confused just because the dance tutorial says mirrored. Yeah but hopefully I will do a dance panel at Kumoricon I also need to learn the vocaloid dances so many to learn luckily I have a year to do it.

Oh, no what I mean it that in a tutorial, they will say "move your right hand like this" move your left like this" and so on, so you HEAR which hand goes where. Makes it much easier to learn..If you watch a mirror with no instruction, you see the left hand in the right's position, and get confused because you are copying them and their hand because there is no voice to direct what goes where CORRECtlY..See what I mean? Yea anyway, that place on etsy you mentioned to get the outfit, they look amazing, and are affordable. I'll be buying from there. They even have a Takamina one that comes with the bows..And I didn't even notice the outfits are a little different..Shows how much I see..lol It's a little hard to tell though when they are moving around so much haha

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »
Im glad that place worked out for you. Don't worry about not noticing the differences in the outfits I am just super observant and I notice little details like that since I love fashion. I probably would have bought from that place but I found it after I already bought from cosplaysky.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:15 am »
Yea, well they don't work for me just yet..I haven't bought anything from them before so I don't know..I hate buying things from places like that..They aren't commissioned so you know they are all pre made..Meaning they just kinda put random sizes together to look like they "stuck with your measurements"..Out of all 5 places I bought cosplays from that were a cosplay buying site, all 5 of them did not use the measurements I gave them. Every single one just put random sizes together and called it good.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »
Hey guys so unforuntely esty seller named Haodao does not have the AKB0048 costumes anymore. So if you were considering getting one from there you out of luck. You can contact the shop owner and see if they will be back soon hopefully by Kumoricon. In other news how are our guys doing. Has anyone started there outfits yet. I found a tutorial on how to make the mics for the girls minus the saber part. I will be making it tomorrow and I will let you guys know my process and how things went.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »
Well....That sucks then lol That was the ONLY one that sold a reliable Takamina cosplay..Crap..We may not be able to do our group of this..I still would like to meet ya there though maybe we can get future stuff together We DO plan on having them sometime..

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 09:53:02 pm »
I know a costume place that you can commission your AKB0048 Takamina costume from. I know when I was looking into buying my Yuko costume I posted on several cosplay forms and Haus of Thread Costume said they could make it if I commission them.  There information is on facebook under Haus of Thread Costume. You could possibly talk to them about make a Takamina costume.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 10:43:39 pm »
I know a costume place that you can commission your AKB0048 Takamina costume from. I know when I was looking into buying my Yuko costume I posted on several cosplay forms and Haus of Thread Costume said they could make it if I commission them.  There information is on facebook under Haus of Thread Costume. You could possibly talk to them about make a Takamina costume.
Do they have another form of contact? I don't use facebook for anything outside of scheduling sakuracon photoshoots. How much did they quote you?

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 01:13:31 am »
Here is there email haus.of.thread.costume@gmail.com. Also here is there blog http://hausofthreadcostume.blogspot.com/. I never emailed them for a quote because right after they commented I found the Yuko costume I wanted. I hope this works out for you.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »
Awesome. I emailed them. Thank you

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 02:58:40 pm »
Well I haven't been on here for a while so how did it go.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:33 pm »
Haven't heard back. Idk. I'm getting better at Cosplay making, so I might be able to make it.

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »
Ok well best of luck. I am also starting to create more of my own costumes but I am still beginning at it so that is why I personally brought my AKB0048 costume.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »
That makes sense. Everyone is at that point at one time or another. I know there are plenty of patterns that I can use for the outfit becasue a lot of it IS normal, its just normal different things, mixed together..lol

Since I still haven't baught anything, I'm still wondering if I should do Takamina or Yukirin..lol I still can't find a wig that will fit my head that is the right color for Yukirin..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:54 pm »
Takamina it is..NO one has a damn Yukirin wig..I know for a fact I can get a Takamina one regardless becasue Arda has the exact color..

Anyway, My friend is still wanting to do Acchan so that's good too..I think I'll have to figure out a different outfit though..I seriously can NOT make that plaid one..and Idk anyone that can on a lower budget..That's a lot of work since there are so many pieces..Like it'll cost more for Plaid lapels on a red vest than it would to just make a top with it's oewn lapens in one piece like the solid colored outfits..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:59 pm »
I know I know..3 posts in a row..What's new there haha

Anyway, Acchan and I both agreed on doing the Shoujotachi Yo outfits. You may remember these (if you don't know the some) from episode one. After they sing Aitakatta, the DES starts attacking, then they sing and fight to the song Shoujotachi Yo. Their outfits change to white ones. Yea those..I'm gonna make us both at least one Mic Saber (If you want one Yuko, I'll make you one if you can spare a little cash for it, lights are expensive, if you can do $20 I'll make it for you). I can do 2 each, but it'll get pricy..I'll see what I can do..If I make you (Yuko) 2, I will need at least $40..Or we can message and see what we can do, but they WILL light up). I also am gonna try to make it so that I can throw my bow like in episode one, you know, the taser bow lol. If I can that'll be funny.