Author Topic: Skin Color  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
Skin Color
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:17:29 pm »
Well I know to some skin color doesn't matter when cosplaying but for me when wearing a wig that doesn't match my skin I want to make my skin look lighter. Does anyone have any product suggestions, maybe some like the ones people used for homestuck for this years convention only in skin colors? Please help
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:26:32 pm »
I would just use a foundation that's a lighter colour than your current skin tone
Beep bep

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Skin Color
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:38 pm »
Agreed. A simple foundation is the way to go, especially if it's only for one cosplay.

Though, also be aware of what exact skin tone you want. It depends what wig you are trying to go with. Whites look better with a yellow skin tone, and blondes look better with pink.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »
Ok so if that is the case that I go with foundation what color should it be to go with a red wig?
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:09:54 pm »
Ok so if that is the case that I go with foundation what color should it be to go with a red wig?

Honestly, unless someone is right there with you, no one can really say except you. It's hard to tell someone what makes it look good as it will be different on everyone

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:46:21 pm »
I tend to look at pictures of people with the hair color to find what works best. I'm severely pale when I have black hair, so I use a neutral color that only lifts the color in my face already.
With red hair, fair skin tends to look better, so Id go with a shade lighter than your normal foundation, and use consealer on your brighter areas rather than more foundation. Color match foundation and consealer work great for me.

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »
This should help. This stuff is great and it's wax based so it wont smudge or run when you sweat
Here
And here

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 11:08:50 pm »
I saw girl on youtube experiment with a Maybelline (mousse) foundation that was pretty light and then to make it lighter she used baby powder as her powder instead of one that had color. After that, she brushed on some regular powder to tone it down and bring it to a more normal pale-look. The result turned out pretty nice.

BTW You can buy a spray that's specialized for make-up to stay in place. :)
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:03:31 am »
You could also pick a shade of red wig that goes with the skin tone you currently have, since it gets hot in Vancouver in August and your makeup might melt. Lord knows mine has on more than one occasion. It'll likely be cheaper than buying a whole new mess of makeup you might never use again.