Author Topic: Japanese Language Groups/Pannels/Meetups, etc  (Read 2350 times)

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
Japanese Language Groups/Pannels/Meetups, etc
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »
Are there any Japanese language pannels or groups at Kumoricon? Either informal conversation groups or pannels that have information for people studying/wanting to study the language.
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Japanese Language Groups/Pannels/Meetups, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:16:54 am »
I know that some con attendees are associated with some sort of Japanese club at a school, either at the high school or collegiate levels.  I myself use to have ties to the Japanese Culture Club at Clark College, as well as the Clark Manga and Anime Club.  I know that some people were requesting a Japanese language panel, as well as more panels relating to various elements of the culture (I myself was thinking about one for major holidays and festivals), but I am unsure on what has been submitted.  That type of information usually won't be provided to the general public until 2-3 weeks before con.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »
I would be really excited to hear that there is a Japanese language group. I need to brush-up before I go back to school.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »
^I need to brush up in general. I took three years in undergrad, and my conversation skills are lacking
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison