Author Topic: Anime Events  (Read 7481 times)

Midori

Anime Events
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:02:42 pm »
Is there any other anime events like Kumoricon out there? I mean, there must be more than just Kumoricon that includes anime and when people cosplay and there is anime stuff. At least tell me there is something in Oregon besides Kumoricon.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Anime Events
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 06:04:23 pm »
Well, there's Sakuracon in the spring, but that's in Seattle.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Anime Events
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 06:06:46 pm »
well there is like tons of them you just have to look for them like anime expo lol
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Anime Events
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 06:36:18 pm »
n.n;;
I think they mean in Oregon, guys...

You could always check the forums for such things as the EGL meetups and parties and such. Also, try and contact your local comic book store to set up some kind of anime/lan party like the LANime parties in Salem. The nest one is sometimes in October, so check here later for details... n_n

Midori

Anime Events
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:21:18 pm »
Thanks I'll see what I can come up with.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Anime Events
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 09:21:23 am »
Quote from: "Midori"
Is there any other anime events like Kumoricon out there? I mean, there must be more than just Kumoricon that includes anime and when people cosplay and there is anime stuff. At least tell me there is something in Oregon besides Kumoricon.

There are some small anime-Japan-related get togethers around Oregon.  Like Neko_Chan said, try searching around the forum a little and someone might mention an up-coming event.

But as far as conventions, KumoriCon is Oregon's first (and I'm pretty sure only) anime convention.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Anime Events
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 10:39:02 am »
As far as conventions go, I'm only aware of Kumoricon in Oregon. As mentioned, there are other conventions out of state, but there's nothing else near Kumoricon's size anywhere in the state yet. Your next best hope is to find smaller grassroots gatherings on the scale of anime parties or events put together on university or community college campuses by campus anime clubs. Last I checked, an anime club at Clark College in Vancouver, WA used Clark's large hall every Saturday to show anime.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
Anime Events
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 04:51:16 am »
the shinjinrui will fix this problem next year...
just as long as people cosplay...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 09:32:28 pm »
Yep the next LANime is October 29th at Chemeketa Community College, building 9 in Salem, Oregon. It's free and open to the public as always.

The event starts at 12pm and ends at 12am. We'll have LAN gaming with the return of our America's Army tourney, anime showings, XBox and PS2 gaming, manga, go, DDR and costume contests.

So far our confirmed sponsors include: Bawls, Alienware, Corsair, GamerzStuff, ATI, Monarch Computer and ADV so we'll have some cool prizes for everyone again. :)

Rarnom also organizes a monthly get-together at SIP on the second Thursday of every month. I'm not sure if there's anything else in the Salem area, but I'm sure there's plenty of other events state-wide.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Anime Events
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 08:04:25 am »
Wow. I never knew what LANime had. I think I'm going to have to make the effort to get down there for that one. Is there an entrance fee of any kind?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 08:41:11 am »
Nope, it doesn't cost a dime to get into the event. We may have an entry fee for the AA tourney if Monarch sponsors us just to control the number of entries since we'd most likely have a Hornet barebones pack as a prize then (a really, really cool computer). Last time we had over 60 entrants  for our Halo 2 tourney and we just had a case of Bawls and an XBox skin as a prize...

If anyone needs any other info just let me know or check the website. :)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 12:20:14 pm »
Yeah, like Irnogs said we in Salem have some sweet parties.

Our May event had 180 people there.  Good times.

Anyway, yeah, if you are in Salem, a bunch of anime folks meet up at SIP (the bubble tea cafe) in downtown Salem.  We just hang out, read manga, play yugioh, etc...  It is on the second Thursday of each month from 7-9 pm.

I have been kind of busy with my new son and work starting up for the schoolyear so I haven't been as aggresively plugging the meetings, but they are happening.  Like Irnogs said, just check our forums and website for the latest info.
The trick is not minding.

Midori

Anime Events
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 06:16:30 pm »
Dude, I'm a freshman in high school. I have a crufew by my parents. I can't go to an anime event at 10 pm at night! More to the point....I live in Beaverton. It's going to be torture to get there.

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Anime Events
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 09:48:03 pm »
LOL I never knew that Bawls would sponsor an anime convention...wait Bawls + anime con goers+ games and other stuff = A LOT OF MONEY.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 05:23:34 pm »
Quote from: "Midori"
Dude, I'm a freshman in high school. I have a crufew by my parents. I can't go to an anime event at 10 pm at night! More to the point....I live in Beaverton. It's going to be torture to get there.

Well, the latest info I got is that there are some problems with staffing for the venue because of the late hours.  ANyway, it seems to me that the event will not be happening.  I'll post again when I get any more info.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 09:56:22 am »
Bleh, it should most definitely still be happening, things just fell through with the venue... we should know more soon though.... We already paid for our plane tickets and hotel to be there so there'd better be a party haha.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 11:09:53 am »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Bleh, it should most definitely still be happening, things just fell through with the venue... we should know more soon though.... We already paid for our plane tickets and hotel to be there so there'd better be a party haha.

Yeah, we should try to get a space on campus or something.  I mean, if not at the Blue Pepper, there has to be SOMEplace where we can party!  :D

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Anime Events
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 08:50:13 pm »
Here's the updated event info. We're sorry that we had to make any changes, but it was completely out of our hands this time... :-/

For those of you that haven't heard, we have a LAN party coming up; for those of you that have heard, there've been a few changes, namely the time and location...

October LAN
Saturday, October 29th from 12pm - 12am
Chemeketa Community College, Salem, Oregon - Building 9 (all of downstairs again)

Event details, including the event schedule, will be posted on the website by the end of the week.

Remember, this is BYOC (bring your own computer), though we will have console gaming, anime showings, manga, table-top games and other things available.

We will be having a costume contest since this is the weekend before Holloween so costumes are encouraged! (when are they not?)

I hope to see everyone there. Check the website soon for more info: www.thesuperbest.com or www.etherguild.org

-Irnogs