Author Topic: Anime/Manga stuff for free. Gotta get rid of it!  (Read 2980 times)

Offline kochujang

• Oni
Anime/Manga stuff for free. Gotta get rid of it!
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:12:37 am »
Hi, I have a few boxes full of anime and manga stuff that I need to get rid of fast.  I was going to post on craigslist but by sheer luck I found out there was this Kumoricon convention in town this weekend and thought I would try this first.  I almost had it all taken to the dump with other stuff to get rid of.  So I'm at least trying to find people who might want it first.

So let's see, there's an Evangelion art book, a matsumune shirow art book (these are in perfect condition pretty much)  There is some manga (not a lot) but it's old rumiko takahashi stuff and some matsumune shirow things.  I have vintage VHS tapes of Ranma 1/2 and some other anime tapes. (can't vouch for the quality of the tape condition)  DVD evangelion collection.(perfect condition)  There are other anime DVD's in super shape.  There's some anime figures. (with packaging but packaging is not sealed.)  There's an old matsumune shirow art calander. 

There are a lot of old Animerica magazines.  Stuff from when they first started and anime/manga wasn't popular yet at all.  So the information and early american interviews with manga/anime producers and artists should be a wealth of information and perspective of how this phenomena of anime/manga popularity has grown.

There is some old TOHO studios Godzilla and other monster stuff. (some Gamera as well) Some VHS tapes. (again I can't vouch for quality here)  There are a couple DVD's in perfect shape I think.  There is some old published material about Toho studio monster flicks.  A couple magazines called Markalite.  It's a magazine that didn't last long but was some of the best inside information about the history of Toho studio monster movies as well as having articles like the history of Simba/Kimba white lion story.  Facts about Osamu Tezuka's past relationship  with hollywood studios(NBC) from the very beginning are covered.  So it's interesting stuff that would be hard to come by these days.

Anyway that's a pretty good idea of what I have I think.  I'm just going to give it away.  I'm not set up at the convention or anything.  So I would have to bring the stuff to someone who wants it or someone could pick it up too. 

That's the basic idea of what I have.  I'm not taking the time to part things out for selling.  I'm just getting rid of it all to someone who wants it.

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
Re: Anime/Manga stuff for free. Gotta get rid of it!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:40:01 pm »
Aw. That's very generous of you. I'm interested in the Evangelion artbook and the DVDs, and I'll send a message to your inbox with more details and stuff.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:44:01 pm by YouLikeRice »

Offline kochujang

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:25:43 pm »
OK I'm sorry about this but a guy had come by and wanted all the stuff.  So I have nothing left now.  That was fast.  lol

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:34:40 pm »
No problem. Glad someone took it off your hands for you. :D

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:17:52 am »
OK I'm sorry about this but a guy had come by and wanted all the stuff.  So I have nothing left now.  That was fast.  lol

I DIDNT SAY I WANTED EVERyTHING!! I specifically said I want to take a look at them first.