Author Topic: Homestuck Open-mic/art event!  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
Homestuck Open-mic/art event!
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:57:22 am »
I am planning a event for day one of kumori-con 2012 in the evening, details below!!

What: A open mic of sorts! This is a time to just hang out in what will hopefully be a bit of a calmer environment. You can draw, chat, write, read fanfiction, and play music. Of the homestuck related kind!

When: Day one, in the evening at 6:00pm to dark at about 7:40

Where? 

Who to look for?  This dork! I’ll be running the event~! 

What to bring: If you’re participating in the open mic portion, bring your lyrics and your music! This is an acoustic open mic, because we will be outside, so if you are bringing your voice then bring it loud! (but only if your singing please, we want this to be kind of a  calm event) I will be bringing my guitar for anyone who is performing, but if you have your own and would like to bring it then please do. If you are planning on drawing, bring your sketchbook!

This will start off with just some relax time where people can draw and chat for a bit, and then at 6:30, open mic will begin! Please be respectful during this time, drawing and writing may continue, but keep the chitchat to a minimum! I’ll be kicking off the open mic with a fansong or two. People who have music to perform will go first, then those who want to share poetry, and then those who want to read us fanfiction. Please keep the fanfiction to under two pages and pg13.

Rules: basic stuff guys. Be nice, respect peoples art, RESPECT ANY AND ALL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS BROUGHT. I am bringing my guitar, if you damage it, you will be held responsible. It was 340$ and a gift from my parents, so you may not use it if you have make up on your hands. No drugs and all of that.

I hope you come, this will be fun!
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
Re: Homestuck Open-mic/art event!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:08:25 am »
That sounds pretty cool! I'll try and make it!

Offline Lady In Red

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
Re: Homestuck Open-mic/art event!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:52 pm »
So everyone sees this:
THIS IS NOW ON DAY TWO, BUT THE SAME PLACE AND THE SAME TIME
Kumori-con 2013 cosplay plans:
Day zero: Sollux Captor
Day one: Meenah peixes
Day two: Fem! Grand highblood.
Day three: We leave at about 1:30 pm, and it's a long drive home, so no cosplay on day three. Too much make up to take on and off, haha.