Author Topic: memorial day  (Read 2105 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
memorial day
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:47:26 pm »
these says more them ever we should appreciate those both still here and esp those gone who do/did so much to protect us and our freedom.

when I was little my Dad would get us up early and we would put roseson his Fathers grave, he was in the army during WWII  I think he either taught people to build  planes our fly them, because he was not allowed to actually fight over seas because he was allergic to penicillin, kinda makes me think of captain America

Sadly he pressed away before I was born partly from complications from that allergy.  Thinking of ya grandfather really wish I could have met you.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: memorial day
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »
I am glad that some people actually know what memorial day is about even though i have no family in the military or any other public service i still woke up and went to pay my respects it kind of saddens me that most people dont know why we have a memorial day or what it is about ...... :) im sure your grandfather was a great man
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 01:15:41 pm »
This is one of the few holidays that needs MORE recognition.  Every year, my family gets together and attends a ceremony at the Washougal Memorial Cemetery, (which only a few of us live in Washougal, but we like their ceremony).

Thank you, those that have died for our freedoms, or have passed on since your service.

My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 02:52:41 pm »
This comes a little late but as with all memorial Days I dedicate this one to the memory of my muchl loved Grandfather Ret. Chief Warrent Officer Edward A. Ballentine of the U.S. Navy. A wonderful father, husband, Grandfather, and sailor. And a man who nobly served his country in World War II and the Korean War. I love you Grandpa and Grandma too and i miss you both.

EDWARD A. BALLENTINE
       1918-2005
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:54:12 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.