Author Topic: Taking First Aid  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Taking First Aid
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:54:19 pm »
I'm in my class now (lunch break) for my card. I was just wondering if anyone else has one, or is planning to get one. If so, why did you get it, or why do you want one?

For me, I plan to be a teacher, and I could see this kind of thing being important. Also, I'm going to be a father, so this will be good for my own kid.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Taking First Aid
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:26:14 am »
I have my first aid card I try to remember to renew it every year though there were a few years where i haven't remembered i should probly make sure its up to date .... I got the first aid training because i like to be prepared for everything
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »
thx for reminding me i got to renew mine to

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:49:53 pm »
Oooh! Who was your instructor Wash?
If you took it through the college like I did, I had Steel as mine. He was awesome. Even gave me a ride home when I didn't have one.

I got mine because I'm going to be a Special Education teacher and its needed for the ECE program I need to get into to do that. I think its a great idea for anyone though. Its really nice to know that if anything ever happens, whether its at home or somewhere else, you can do something to help possibly save a life.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
I just got my First Aid and CPR/AED for Adults, Children, and Infants. I am a respite care provider and am going to school to be an elementary school teacher. I also just applied for a job at a child care center which requires you to be CPR/First Aid certified to work there. I took my class for it from HeartSavers, and I learned that in Oregon, teachers are not required to be CPR certified which just shocked me.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying: