Author Topic: Dang, I had FUN today!!  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Dang, I had FUN today!!
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:39:08 pm »
Traded an old back-closet dwelling 12ga autoloader last week for a NEW Mossberg 930, which I got a chance to try out today, in buckshot and slugs.

The thing is AWESOME.

Slugs at 100yds were particularly cool; the charge rings them on the way out the barrel and they buzz in flight. The combined noise of the charge followed by this buzzing noise made it sound like a weird futuristic beam weapon.

The sun was behind the target board by the afternoon, and at 100 yds the slugs punched holes big enough to be lit up by the backlit sun. It was like playing with an old Lite-Brite toy.

Also shot one of my Mausers; a 1944 Oberndorf K-98. Thing will hit a quarter at 100yds.
Seems to drop off at 200yds though. I was shooting 185 grain soft points.
This is a little lighter than the WW2 military bullets of 190 - 226gr.

Comments or information welcome ...

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: Dang, I had FUN today!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:59:08 pm »
too bad you can't just take the firing pen out and use them for a cosplay.  That counts as peace bonded too right?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »
when the zombie Apocalypse happens can we come to your house?  I know how to cook.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:53:01 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 10:52:48 am »
when the zombie Apocalypse happens can we come to your house?  I know how to cook.

Hahaha I have totally had that thought.

I enjoy your enthusiasm, as much as I admire your erudition.

Oh, and I thought of you last night; I couldn't sleep, and in the middle of the night there was an episode of "Psych" on, that featured a Civil War Re-enactment. I pictured you being able to dissect what was and was not accurately portrayed in terms of what parts of their arsenal and uniforms were replicated accurately.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:24 am »
Yes, but:
a) Bring your own gear - none of that #Occupy freeloader attitude will be admissible. Mosin-Nagant rifles are STILL available CHEAP:

You can get ammo in large sealed "sardine cans" - just remember to get the special OPENER for them!
Cost is still about 22 cents a round if you buy a 440 round can for under $100.
Stuff is corrosive, so swab with a little WINDEX or dilute ammonia as soon as possible, then continue cleaning with customary solvents and oils.
Finish with a spritz of teflon oil like Break-Free or Tri-Flow, and these cheap simple weapons will last two or three LIFETIMES. Srsly.
The 7.62x54 bullet delivers accurate fire, easily scoring a center of mass hit at 200 yards. Add a scope (NOW there comes the big $$$) and you can tag coffee cup lids at twice that distance (CHEEP targets!)
and hunt medium sized game even further out.

I can share my cleaning rods and brushes, though.

b) I know how to cook too!

I'm not really caught up in the ZOMBIE craze; I've gotten bored with all this 'dark' stuff - we did the vampire craze back when Helsing came out, we did demons, psychos played (very well) by Jack Nicholson, the kid with the hockey mask who kept coming back for about 13 movies, we even did Dark Elves back when Lodoss and Bastard!! came out ( Arshes Nei and Pirotesse) in an earlier anime age. We have a company called 'Skull Candy.' We did Soul Eater and Death Note and Soul Society (Bleach.) Done that allreay. What's always with the death imagery!

I am now ready for scintillating, glorious, coruscating, fulgerating LIGHT against the dark: impeccable honor, true justice, courtesy, chastity, courage, incorruptible character, and righteous fury demanding and meting out devastating justice without wrath. Can we try Paladins next, please?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »
Hmmm, is there any anime paladins out there?  The problem with most of the good vs evil epics is that everyone seems to have super powers.  Prob a good opportunity for some writer out there tho.

Sometimes I watch doomsday bunkers tho and making one would be really fun.  Same with all the traps and fortifications that might be useful in a Apocalyptic setting.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:34 pm »
When we say zombie Apocalypse its more of a code for @#$ hitting the fan, what ever that may be, and while we don't have guns we do have sharp pointy things and we be willin to work and pull weight.

(joking) My years worth of toothpaste would so come in handy! 
(I use coupons which makes toothpaste like free so I am always giving it away to friends, really I got like 7 tubes free this week)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids