Author Topic: Anyone do cosplay commissions?  (Read 6679 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Anyone do cosplay commissions?
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:11 pm »
Hello everybody.

I figure I should probably post about this sooner than later so I can plan ahead if nothing else.

Since I failed to do so last Kcon, I'm VERY much wanting to Cosplay this coming Kcon.
However, just like last time, I still have no costuming skills as it were.

And while I got burned from commissioning a cosplay last time, I have little other choice in the long run. I will just be more choosy about things so I can avoid being ripped off again. lol

ANYWAYS, It's pretty much decided that I will be attempting a crossplay for Kcon this time. (I am male)

After talking with a couple female friends of mine, I have come to the decision that I want to crossplay as Dark Signer Carly from Yugioh 5D's.
Ref Pic;
http://static.zerochan.net/full/37/39/186987.jpg

They agree that I should be able to pull it off no problem. Basically Carly DOES have shorts down there as well, and so I can just have them an inch or two longer and it will still work fine as well as being perfectly neutral. (In theory) As for the mid drift area, that shouldn't be an issue ever because guys can be in public with no shirt at all so.... yeah.

So I was hoping to see if there was anyone in the Camas/Vancounver/Portland area that would be willing to take on a commission here for me. (I would need a wig as well) sigh...

I'm not in the financial position to commit yet, but I at least want to get this out there and find out further details from people.

Well, if anyone is interested, let me know. Thanks a bunch.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Anyone do cosplay commissions?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:00 am »
I might be able to help you, you would have to be willing to pay the big price forthe fabric though
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:40:43 pm »
Of course! :)
I can't honestly come asking for help on something like this and think I dont have to pay anything. lol

So yeah.

When it comes to cosplay, how do YOU make your costume(s)? I know some parts need to be completely home made, but other parts can be found locally like at Good Will etc.

I know for my costume for example, I would go and find plain black shorts or something because that is generic and making shorts from basic fabric would be pointless.
Same thing applies for any other parts when possible I guess.

I'm cool with funding any materials needed and what not, but I'm also trying not to spend too much either in total. (Like $200 roughly)
But depending how things go, I can adjust if need be. :)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:29 pm »
I usually to try and get everything from thrift stores, but I can sew the little things your can't get.
Where do you live?
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:49:30 pm »
I usually to try and get everything from thrift stores, but I can sew the little things your can't get.
Where do you live?

I see.

I live up here on the WA state side in Camas.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:08:21 am »
how far is that from portland?
it helps me to work with the cosplayer there so I can ask questions and what not and fit the outfit.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:00 am »
how far is that from portland?
it helps me to work with the cosplayer there so I can ask questions and what not and fit the outfit.

I am about 25-30 minutes away from Portland.
However, i would like to assume that we could meet somewh
ere in the middle maybe.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 04:40:38 pm »
yeah, also let's meet in a public place like a mall first
I like to be smart online

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »
yeah, also let's meet in a public place like a mall first
I like to be smart online

Fine by me. Perhaps Pioneer Square? It's a landmark location I'd say and VERY public. lol

But meeting up in person isn't critical as the first thing to be done. At this moment in time, money is still an issue for me so all I can do right now is look around for people willing to commission this and discuss details.

That being said, what else can we go over/plan out in the mean time?

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 01:45:39 pm »
Pioneer is fine by me

Could you get me a better picture? The link you have isn't working. And then I can start planing also measurements are always a good place to start.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »
Wow, it is really hard to find good pictures of her that don't exaggerate her appearance or make her look SUPER feminine...
Assuming they work, here are a couple somewhat decent reference pictures;
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm3mkzloHG1qjfohbo1_500.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/212/c/2/carly_carmine__dark_signer_v2_by_totaldramaxtremist-d427l8c.jpg
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae272/YUGIOH_5DS/Nagisa%20Carly/D-Carly/caae5c14910f7346a5302a8750a84d1f.gif

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:28 pm »
I need to commission a mascot head, Can anyone do it for me. I can get Materials and pay for the labor for my commission. I need an Excalibur head for Kumoricon 2012, but I won't be in Oregon all summer long, but can communicate via online. If anyone is interested in taking my commission, please PM me.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:25:53 pm »
So I see that in one picture she doesn't have the cape, do you want to have the cape?
I think the hardest part of this costume would be all the black fabric needed.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:10 pm »
So I see that in one picture she doesn't have the cape, do you want to have the cape?
I think the hardest part of this costume would be all the black fabric needed.

The picture(s) that show her WITHOUT the cape-like part is just to show a clear view of what her shirt/top looks like.
I say "cape-like" because it doesn't reach below her waist that much. So it's not too much material for that part overall. Well, compared to being floor length that is. lol

Unless you think it better to be done a different way, I don't have to screw around with lame shoe covers for this. I should be able to use knee tall boots. (any suggestions there?)

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »
Shoes are not my specialty  :(

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »
Ashally if you get some boots that are knee highs you can eassly paint them ^^ instead of doing shoe covers all you need is paint/Spray paint and the blue tape o.o that you use when painting walls it works very well

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 01:18:17 am »
And Wrath, I will totally be willing to help. I'm actually taking a costuming class next term XD

As for shoes, I'd say go online. Since you are male it's going to be hard to find female-like shoes in your size.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:10 am »
And Wrath, I will totally be willing to help. I'm actually taking a costuming class next term XD

As for shoes, I'd say go online. Since you are male it's going to be hard to find female-like shoes in your size.

Oh yeah, online is what I would have to do most likely...