Author Topic: longest you have gone with out ---  (Read 5299 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
longest you have gone with out ---
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:20:50 am »
Hi ya all!  So to rule out some allergy issues my soon Max was having symptoms of,I have had
 Avoid dairy for a month and soy for the last couple of Weeks. It was really hard to suddenly have to say no to ask my favorite treats like ice cream and chocolate.

So I am wondering have any one else had to do something like this not necessarily for allergy issues but any?

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
Re: longest you have gone with out ---
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:55 am »
shrimp became deadly alergic

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:06:42 pm »
Apples peaches and pears -so allergic it isn't funny - ><

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »
Yeah. ;w; Found out I was allergic to lactose in third grade. Had to cut out almost everything with it in it, so basically anything with milk. I was able to find a lot of good substitutes though, and I'm not as badly allergic to it anymore :)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:54:21 pm »
Gluten stuff and lactose stuff. Can't have it much cause it hurts my stomach REALLY bad. i^i

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »
Red Meat does horrible things to my body so I have to watch how often I eat it.
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »
I was vegan for about two months (got really sick though because I didn't eat nuts for protine) so be careful to still give your body what it needs n.n
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
Yeah I worry about lack of calcium.

It was scary how many things had dairy that you wouldnt think, like mc donalds fries and margarine-fake butter has milk in it crazy

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »
Gluten stuff and lactose stuff. Can't have it much cause it hurts my stomach REALLY bad. i^i
YES FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE

If you're ever looking for a good shredded cheese substitute, I recommend Daiya. Pretty pricey, but nice as an occasional treat. Although this comes from someone who hasn't been eating cheese regularly for a few years, so I don't really remember what dairy cheese tastes like.

If you're skipping both dairy and soy, you sub in almond milk for regular milk. I think it's pretty tasty, and it's really nutritious. There's also coconut milk yogurts. If you're just lactose intolerant, but not cow-dairy intolerant, you can try goat cheese. For some reason, it's lactose free.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 12:05:40 am »
Thanks for the tip.  I have had some goat stuff it kinda smells sweaty. 
I don't have any  problem, my baby boy had traces of blood in his poop, and most common cause is chow milk protein and soy (consumed by me and passing thru breast milk)
So I know exactly what I am missing. 
Almond milk its okay I have heard good things about coconut but I am allergic to them.
The sad part is I had tickets to chocolate fest and come to find or most chocolate had soy I'm it.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 07:43:34 am »
I like vanilla (unsweetened) almond milk. :0  But, not as a beverage.  I add it to oatmeal/cereal.  I'll probably start using that again once I decide it's time to lose my winter coat. >>

I was datin' a Muslim girl for awhile and I decided I would give up pork. >> I think that lasted a month or two. I remember thinking, "Eh, you know . . pork is overrated. I could live without ham and pork chops."

And then I remembered.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:44:46 am by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:28 am »
'Been going without pork for several years, myself. I'm weird in that it's not religion-based, it's based on believing that pigs are uncomfortably close to human... something like 4th on the intelligence scale below humans, well above dogs.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:50:20 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:23 am »
I used to be allergic to NOTHING

But getting older so many things started to bug me, it's ridiculous. It's like the allergies came out of no where and suddenly I had to stop eating stuff. Like most all nuts (I knew Hazelnuts since I was young but only that) for the longest time Peanuts was all I could eat but now THOSE are starting to bug me throat when I eat them!!! T_____T I LOVE PEANUTS!!!

Same thing goes for things such as strawberries (which I developed but have known now for a while) apples, and banana's is more recent, grapes a bit... but less so when I viciously scrub them before eating them.... >.>

Just something about nuts makes me throat go dry and feel like it's swelling. And with fruits, I think maybe there's something in them all that bugs me, but my lips sting really bad and my throat stings as well.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »
That's interesting. Do you have that issue with fruit even when eating organic?

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:48 pm »
I LOVE apples, but for years the skin gave me stomach pain. I eventually found out that it was the pesticides and preservatives on the apple that was hurting me so much, so as long as I wash and scrub them really well I can eat them without having to peel them or anything.

Kimiski, you might be allergic to left over pesticide residue or the preservative chemicals that are found on all the fruit you seem to have trouble with. Even some organic fruits have chemicals that are meant to help them grow or to keep away bugs and other pesky things. The fact that scrubbing the grapes really well seems to help might indicate that your problem isn't the fruit itself, but the chemicals on it.
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
I've recently had to give up most gluten and lactose products because the rest of my family is allergic to gluten except my baby-baby brother, who is lactose-intolerant. :( I gave up good pasta, plain white bread, and plenty of other things that we used to eat regularly :'(
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 05:04:37 pm »
Wee think we have figured out the issue which is that its blood from pumping breast milk (I know might be to much info but I figure if any girls here plan on being a mom some day its good to know)

So I am back on stuff, I have noticed my sense of taste seems more refined for the experience.
Of its not that and we are won't the doc says the symptom s will appear again.
Either way little Max has been thriving the whole time he is 15 lbs 11 Oz and 2 feet 2 inches tall, abs gee can grab stuff, like my bangs...

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »
longest i ve goen with out a cigeret when i really need one ......5 years T_T and i need one - walks away -

Offline CherryFrog

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »
I haven't eaten a banana. . . In years. . . They tend to make me sick, lose my appetite, and make my tongue all tingly. . .
Though, there have been times where I won't care and have a slice of banana bread. . . I LOVE banana bread. >D
Other times it happened by accident, I had an alcoholic beverage and it was made in a glass that hadn't been properly washed out that had banana stuff in it. . . Also, a yogurt I had just before my first Kumoricon. . . T.T

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:07 am »
Yeah that's what I've been thinking, is that it's the chemical residue.... >< I should try growing some of my own stuff

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Yuri the Hatter

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 11:15:05 am »
The longest I ever gone without candy or sweets has been a year and 10 years I have given up spanish rice that was home made
Yuri the hatter :3

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »
Deathly allergic to bees and radishes.
Ate a radish once, tongue started swelling up but I got an epi pen really quick
I was lucky
Also can't have milk. Not dairy products, just milk. Makes me sick.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 03:07:55 pm »
Deathly allergic to bees and radishes.
Ate a radish once, tongue started swelling up but I got an epi pen really quick
I was lucky
Also can't have milk. Not dairy products, just milk. Makes me sick.

Ohh i feel your pain with milk I still drink it but not to much anythign with milk or any of that stuff  I  =.= have to use the rest room right after. at times it makes me swell up or i get really ill .. i have to get none dairy creamer for my coffee ... it sucks i love milk

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:21 pm »
Shrimp I love shrimp and I haven't had it in forever D: