Author Topic: Thinking of making a Code Geass Panel...  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
Thinking of making a Code Geass Panel...
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:54:31 pm »
I'm planning on cosplaying Jeremiah's third costume for K-con 2012 and I've never been in a panel before so I was thinking of setting up a Code Geass one (maybe an 18+ panel as well, but I'm not positive on that one), but I would need more panelists.  Would anyone be interested in participating or even coming?
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem
Emperor Peony - Tales of the Abyss

Offline Sadi

• Cabbit
Re: Thinking of making a Code Geass Panel...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:39 am »
I'd be interested in showing up to a CG panel. <3 As long as I could fit it into my schedule somewhere, I'd be more than happy to attend.
I'm not too sure I'd be able to help you out with actually bringing up the panel, but I do provide my support!

Out of curiousity; do you have any activities in mind for the panel yet?
K-Con Cosplays of 2012:

{HS} God Tier Vriska - 80%
{BBB} Zelman Clock - 85%
{DRRR} Shizuo - 90%

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:07 am »
I'd be interested in showing up to a CG panel. <3 As long as I could fit it into my schedule somewhere, I'd be more than happy to attend.
I'm not too sure I'd be able to help you out with actually bringing up the panel, but I do provide my support!

Out of curiousity; do you have any activities in mind for the panel yet?

I don't have a lot of activities planned out yet since I don't know how many people would be panelists with me, but I was thinking about doing an improv scene recreation.  It would be an audience member picking out one of the scenes from the show and picking which characters he/she would like to perform it while still in character.  That's as much as I have so far.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Sadi

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:42 am »
I don't have a lot of activities planned out yet since I don't know how many people would be panelists with me, but I was thinking about doing an improv scene recreation.  It would be an audience member picking out one of the scenes from the show and picking which characters he/she would like to perform it while still in character.  That's as much as I have so far.

Oh, that sounds like fun! A little bit of improv is always nice, especially when there's comedy involved in it.
I'll be sure to tell my buddies about the idea. They may be interested in helping out a little, I dunno. I'll have to see and ask.
K-Con Cosplays of 2012:

{HS} God Tier Vriska - 80%
{BBB} Zelman Clock - 85%
{DRRR} Shizuo - 90%

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:11 am »
You have me : D! (totally cosplaying Suzaku now)
We could do a bit of truth and dare like from the Kuro Panel from last year or umm (what else did we do there)
'character's reaction to the fandom' that was my fave part of the 18+ kuro we could do that n.n;
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:40 am »
You have me : D! (totally cosplaying Suzaku now)
We could do a bit of truth and dare like from the Kuro Panel from last year or umm (what else did we do there)
'character's reaction to the fandom' that was my fave part of the 18+ kuro we could do that n.n;

Awesome!  I'm trying to do stuff that other panels didn't, but we can always keep our options open ^^
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:07 am »
oh okay >< umm -smacks head against keyboard- Q&A is always popular, if anything we could just throw in some drama games, I know a billion.

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:09:16 pm »
I know a bunch too.  Maybe there should be an in character game of Ninja!
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »
Ohhh what's that game o.o I've never heard of it

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:05 pm »
It's a game where everyone stands in a circle and on your turn you have to try to slap someone else's hand to get them out.  Some people play where you have to slap both, others play where you only have to slap one.  You can only make one movement on your turn and you're frozen for everyone else's turn unless someone tries to slap your hand, and then you can quickly get out of the way, but once that's finished the other person's turn is finished and you have to go back to being frozen.  The winner is the last one standing.  It sounds a little boring, but the actual game play is so much fun.  Crazy positions ensue ^^
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:18 pm »
Ohhhh! I know this one! That would be fun yet hard to stay in character xD

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »
The in character thing makes it extra fun!  Can you imagine the in character banter that would go around? XD I'm picturing it in my head and it's hilarious
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 10:51:35 pm »
I approve so much >3

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »
I would be interested in going! Code Geass is one of my favorite animes!
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »
I would be interested in going! Code Geass is one of my favorite animes!

Awesome!  Glad to hear it :)
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:14 pm »
Talked to meh friend, he said if he can get it done then he would do Zero for us~

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »
Talked to meh friend, he said if he can get it done then he would do Zero for us~

Yay!  We have another! (maybe)!
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »
still looking for more people :D
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

izamor

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:22:04 am »
still looking for more people :D

Well, it looks like some friends and I will be doing a Code Geass group. We still don't know the details, and of course would be subjective to scheduling, but I'm sure at least myself and 2 others from the group would love to go.

At the /moment/ it's looking like Gino, Anya, Euphie, CC, and possibly Suzaku/another CC. (Last one is really iffy and hasn't seen the show.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:25:53 am by izamor »

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 01:38:30 am »

Well, it looks like some friends and I will be doing a Code Geass group. We still don't know the details, and of course would be subjective to scheduling, but I'm sure at least myself and 2 others from the group would love to go.

At the /moment/ it's looking like Gino, Anya, Euphie, CC, and possibly Suzaku/another CC. (Last one is really iffy and hasn't seen the show.)

That's awesome!  Can you tell me which costume your Suzaku would be in if they decide to participate?  Chibi is also doing Suzaku and as great as having two would be, I would just like to make sure they're not the same costume ._.  It would also be best if everyone was familiar with both seasons just because of the game where the audience picks a scene from the show and picks which characters they want to reenact it
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 06:12:20 am »
Application is in! (hopefully) now to play the waiting game ._.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »
We have a Kallen now!  Woo hoo!
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

izamor

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

That's awesome!  Can you tell me which costume your Suzaku would be in if they decide to participate?  Chibi is also doing Suzaku and as great as having two would be, I would just like to make sure they're not the same costume ._.  It would also be best if everyone was familiar with both seasons just because of the game where the audience picks a scene from the show and picks which characters they want to reenact it

Suzaku would probably be the Knight of the Rounds uniform, like Gino (myself) and Anya. But I still haven't heard anything from that friend - honestly a bit doubtful she'll do him.
The girl interested in CC just finished the show a month ago, and the friend interested in Euphie is watching the show right now. Have no idea if any of them would be interested in re-enacting the show. This is everyone's first or second convention.

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:05 am »

Suzaku would probably be the Knight of the Rounds uniform, like Gino (myself) and Anya. But I still haven't heard anything from that friend - honestly a bit doubtful she'll do him.
The girl interested in CC just finished the show a month ago, and the friend interested in Euphie is watching the show right now. Have no idea if any of them would be interested in re-enacting the show. This is everyone's first or second convention.

We wouldn't be re-enacting the whole show, just specific scenes.  Honestly this is my second K-con as well.  We need to find a way to all talk to each other at the same time sometime.  If everyone is going to participate, we all need to be on board with the activities.  I have several activities planned out (though they are subject to change depending on the willingness of the others)
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

izamor

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:38 pm »

That's awesome!  Can you tell me which costume your Suzaku would be in if they decide to participate?  Chibi is also doing Suzaku and as great as having two would be, I would just like to make sure they're not the same costume ._.  It would also be best if everyone was familiar with both seasons just because of the game where the audience picks a scene from the show and picks which characters they want to reenact it

We wouldn't be re-enacting the whole show, just specific scenes.  Honestly this is my second K-con as well.  We need to find a way to all talk to each other at the same time sometime.  If everyone is going to participate, we all need to be on board with the activities.  I have several activities planned out (though they are subject to change depending on the willingness of the others)

I was more getting at the fact that most of my friends are shy and might not feel comfortable performing in front of others. Games or activities on the other hand? Maybe. I'm pretty sure they'd be down for something like "Ninja" (like you mentioned above).

And I don't think there's a thread for a Geass 2012 group. I think I'll go fix that now.

PS: I made a thread for this year's Code Geass cosplayers.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16782.msg760194#msg760194
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:17:55 am by izamor »

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:45:40 pm »

I was more getting at the fact that most of my friends are shy and might not feel comfortable performing in front of others. Games or activities on the other hand? Maybe. I'm pretty sure they'd be down for something like "Ninja" (like you mentioned above).

And I don't think there's a thread for a Geass 2012 group. I think I'll go fix that now.

PS: I made a thread for this year's Code Geass cosplayers.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=16782.msg760194#msg760194

The thread it awesome! 
Getting back to the point at hand, we do still need to communicate with everyone at the same time.  That could mean skyping or some sort of instant messaging.  If you could get your friends to send me an email or something so they could talk directly to me that would be great.  To hear that they might not feel comfortable performing in front of others is a little worrying.  It's a panel.  Panels are basically large performances.  Even the games and activities are still performances considering each person will have to be in character while playing them.  Like the ninja game.  Yes it's a game, but it's a game in character.  It's still a case of getting up in front of everyone and putting on a show for them.  I do need to know if every is going to participate and give it their all.  I can't have people sitting out of certain activities and not others.  It's really an all or nothing deal.  If I come off rude I apologize, it's not my intention.  I'm just trying to let you know how it's going to be.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem

izamor

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »
No, I perfectly understand what you mean. I'll send a message out to everyone and see which of them might be interested.

Offline Bopie98

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:36 am »
No, I perfectly understand what you mean. I'll send a message out to everyone and see which of them might be interested.

thank you very much.
Jeremiah - Code Geass
Naesala - Fire Emblem