Author Topic: Weight Loss 2012 (It's the power of YOUTH!!)!  (Read 12207 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Weight Loss 2012 (It's the power of YOUTH!!)!
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »
You guys are right - never do something abrupt without consulting knowledgable professionals.
In this case I am working with a registered dietician (who specializes in diabetic stuff to boot.)

Just the first and final fast days are tricky, everything else can be balanced with a spreadsheet tool I made up. I wrote some formulae which calculate % calories of fat, protein, sugar and carbs.

FWIW these are the guidelines set for me: (Remember, seek out your own professional advice for your body and chemistry)

Fats: 30 - 35%, of which no more than 1/4 should be saturated fats. (So that means fish and plant oils - but it's not like I was eating straign suet...)
My carb target is 40% of daily calorie intake.
Cholesterol: 200mg max. daily.
Sodium: MIN 800mg, MAX 2100mg, target is 1500mg.
Fiber: 25g min daily.
Protein: Minimum 80g min, 25% of daily calories, with 30% max daily.

Anyway that's what I'll be doing ...
Me, too... because he's my hubby and it's more convenient to eat the same things rather than attempt to cook special stuff for each of us....
I don't do fish, so that's the only difference - I'll eat edamame / tofu when he has fish, but stick to the same diet. I have to shed about 20 lbs, too.

Kids, it gets HARDER to lose weight when you get older.... just you wait...

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 10:32:39 am »
Well I never planned on losing weight cuz I hate exercise, but went to the doctors and found out I had lost 60 lbs in a little over two months. Pretty happy bout that, dropped two pant sizes. But now I need to tone my belly a bit and I dunno how.

Any ideas? I can about 15 sit ups every few minutes. And that's it lol

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:20 am »
untill resently, I was doing 50 sit ups in the morning when I woke up, and anytime I had to do it during the day and before bed.

Offline JimiJay27

• Cabbit
    • Tumblrrrrrrr
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 09:09:15 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm not usually on the forums, but I noticed this thread and decided to join in on the fun.
I've been practicing healthy habits since January of 2011 and have managed to go from 280 to 193lbs while hitting a weight plateau around the 210 mark.   

My goal is to reach anywhere between 170-179lbs. by Kumoricon 2012. Too much? Too little?
I'll be doing The Couch to 5k running plan and busting out some moves with Just Dance games for exercise.
Good luck to everyone on this thread!!  :D
"....Davy Jones! Giant squid!"