Author Topic: Weight Loss 2012 (It's the power of YOUTH!!)!  (Read 12122 times)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
Weight Loss 2012 (It's the power of YOUTH!!)!
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:10:59 pm »
I started my P.E class for High School Diploma today and I've come to the conclusion that she and I are going to every class every week that we are in education. I am marked at 168LBS, and my Goal is to reach 150 or below by December 15th. Then during christmas brake from the 15th to the 3rd go to 140 or below.

What about you? How do you guys loose weight for con and what are your goals?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Weight Loss 2012 (It's the power of YOUTH!!)!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:23:18 am »
its good to have a goal but losing that much in that short of time is a little unreasonable. you are trying to lose 18 pounds in one week, sorry but that is not going to happen. Plan on losing about one or two pounds a week. So you can probably aim to have the weight loss by Sakuracon, if you lost 1 pound a week that would be 17 lbs. If you try to hard you will become week and maybe even develop an eating disorder, OR you wont reach your goal and then get discouraged and quit.

I've been dieting and working out for a while now. I have a calorie deficit everyday and I can't seem to lose any weight. I am losing inches though. According to last month I had an 18,000 calorie deficit which is 4-5 pounds of weight loss but nothing came off :/ I'm going to keep trying though. I'm focused more on inches lost than pounds lost. I've been eating between 1300-1500 calories a day and burning about 2600 a day.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 11:28:11 am »
go nikki go~

no, but me and my teacher found out that if I don't reach my goal I always go harder for it afterwards and make it as soon as possible. I'm not saying I am going to loose 18 in just over a week, no, but also I already had an eatting disorder once before and its hard to keep it away again anyway.

i like the idea of a calorie deicit, and I don't care about weight much, its just that here all the girls are skinny from drugs and I feel... inefficient because i'm a size 13-15 and there all size 3-5s. Most of them anyway.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 11:33:43 am »
Yeah that is hard to deal with. As long as you know what you are doing. As for the calorie deficit, that is the way you lose weight. You have to have less calories going in than you are burning. It might be a good idea to use an online calorie tracker. I have one on my phone I use pretty much every day.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »
I play DDR and run every morning... eat a healthy meal and run at night. I also do basic streaches and other some commin exercies I was 220lb at the start of the year i am 195-180

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:17 pm »
I'm going to start doing that, it seems like a good idea.
I'll keep track of the calories I eat and go to the gym class everyday.

Titus, that sound greats! :D

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:58:50 pm »
Its all about being positve you got to know not everyone can get down to a size 4 by con. just lose alittle at a time by loseing weight you do gain weight in mucel mass so dont freak out if you gain a pound or two as you lose weight

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »
I don't plan on starting to buy/make my costumes till febuary with the wigs just before I go get them. that way I'm saving money and graduly loosing weight at the same time. though i busted meh knee tonight so i wont be able to run for a couple days.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 12:31:40 am »
I heard someone say theyre a size 13 -15? Id kill to have that. size 16 18 is supposed to be the new average for women between 5' and 5' 8". And im a size 24.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:11 am »
Hey me too .  Nod thing to to take into consideration is if your on any medications because they can affect weight loss/gain,  I had lost a bunch went to a size 26 to a size 16, then a year later took a new med that really messed with my system and I went to 24. still could be worse as hey still smaller over all and I am healthy which is the most important thing.  Now I am coming off having my first baby, and I can almost almost ALMOST fit into my old jeans.  tho I would like to go down more, mostly get my stomach into some sort of shape, and increase energy which I know i will need once my little max starts crawling.  once he starts walking he will be fast, 2 months and wearing 6 months clothing because he is long (sorry for the slip into mom mode)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:59 am »
Lol we had a similar thing happen when we brought my nephew home. We went out and bought him all new born clothes, only to find out he didnt fit in any of them lol hes 2 now, and almost as tall as my 5 year old brother.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 10:54:05 pm »
I heard someone say theyre a size 13 -15? Id kill to have that. size 16 18 is supposed to be the new average for women between 5' and 5' 8". And im a size 24.
Im a size 18 o.o but it dosent matter we all look good

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 04:56:24 pm »
I am 5'11 217 pounds and loosing weight by mah diet too bad christmas is comeing up :C

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 08:27:01 pm »
I dont eat alot dureing holladays normally I hide in my room with some food and stay there ... to mnay people in my house

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:54 pm »
I'm going to be eatting less and burning more. I burn about 250 calories an hour when I walk everywhere, and plus I have the tredmil and ab circle back home.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 12:49:07 am »
lots of ddr adn walkign and running for me but i been lazy due to the cold and gian a few pounds

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
I've been eating lots of food lately because the cold weather tends to make me more hungry. I'm excersizing 3 days a week though so I think my metabolisim is higher.
I'm 5' 3" and 107 lbs

I'm more interested in staying in shape than I am in losing weight because my Keira cosplay requires lots of midriff.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »
I am marked at 168LBS,

Same here!

As for me, when I do try to lose weight, I use techniques than many would not like to hear me say on these forums. :-X
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »
I'm more interested in staying in shape than I am in losing weight because my Keira cosplay requires lots of midriff.

Thats what most of us are. The only way I can slim down is by losing pounds. Its sucks. I hate Job Corps.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 09:48:15 am »

Thats what most of us are. The only way I can slim down is by losing pounds. Its sucks. I hate Job Corps.
Why do you hate Job Corps?

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 11:29:32 am »
Because my schedule. Apparently because I'm PM duty cook, I can't go to the gym and do P.E for my credit everyday. So it makes it difficult.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »
I see >< I get up in the morning for the gym classes my club offers. Sometimes its really hard to drag myself out of bed

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 11:34:34 pm »
I peronally haevnt done anythign all week . due to flu and small ear infection thats been buggging me

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:16 am »
^ yikes! D= I hope you feel better soon.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:33 pm »
me toio

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 12:40:10 am »
I'm 5'4 and 112. I mainly want to tone up my arms and legs and define my stomach more. So many cosplays coming up that are male, or show a lot of skin. :<

2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 12:54:38 am »
I gained weight =.= i ate to many sweets

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 01:05:41 am »
lost five pounds :D

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »
I haven't started yet, I'm starting the new year ♥

Offline 9LRCenturion

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 01:25:59 pm »
*nods* While I'd like to loose a wee bit of weight, I'm more focused on getting into/staying in shape than anything. I alternate everyday between running or cycling/weight training and I watch what I eat.... to a slight extent. *but doesn't worry too much about that* XD

Just throwing this out there, but my Roommate finally got me to download the 'Loose it' app on my itouch. It's really easy to loose, and I've lost ten pounds in the past week... But I think that's more due to stress and being on my feet 24/7. But I do highly suggest downloading the app. It's just called 'Loose it'. Also, the 'Couch to 5K' app has been keeping me going on my running, so that's a good idea to download as well~
2012 Cosplay: Pirate!Spain, Kyouya Ootori

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »
I liek to inform everyone I will be trying to host a plus size cosplay pannel at kumoricon 2012 We will be talking about healthy ways to lose weight and other things as well. if you like to joine the group on face book is below and everyone can come joine. our aim is towed plus size cosplayer but those who are not plus size or do not think they are plus size (big bone exctra ) are welcome to joine in!
-love da titus

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/122977381153744/

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:13 pm »
I'm not really trying to lsoe weight anymore, I just want to tone up a bit. It shouldn't be too much work. Starting the 2nd my boyfriend and I are going to start p90x (I'll try again). I think it will help doing it with him since he worksout every day. I am the one with motivation issues :P

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »
^p90x is awesome. period.
I like goats.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
p90x is awesome I just can't motivate myself to workout when I am so extremely sore though, or know that the workout I am doing will make me that sore. I will do it every once in a while but for now I got a nice new manual treadmill that kicked my butt tonight. Its at a slight incline.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:50 pm »
I know what you meeean. p90x kicks your butt xD
 Have you tried Turbofire? It's also made by BeachBody and quite awesome as well. Haha.
I like goats.

Offline Maiku

• Sailor Scout
    • Octavian Cosplay
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 12:32:45 am »
p90x is kicking my butt.  It's good but I'm so sore.  I got off track but am getting back on the wagon tomorrow, it's intense but really feels like it's building my core.
2012 Kumo

Dad - Homestuck / Yukimura - Brave 10 / Captain Marvelous - Gokaiger / Flame Prince - Adventure Time

See some of my work: http://www.facebook.com/OctavianCosplay

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 07:36:25 pm »
p90x is a big workout here for the boys, every other day in our theatre.  Nothing is helping me out right now, but I have gym next week, so I'll be walking those tredmills again.

Offline HalcyonFour

• Cabbit
    • Ulquihime Fanfic!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:09 pm »
If you want to lose weight, cut down on carbs and sugar. This includes those "healthy" complex carbs you always hear about--wheat, black beans, whatever.

Eat more vegetables, and eat plenty of healthy saturated fats.

Yes, saturated fats.

I switched to eating more coconut oil, avocados, and eggs, stopped drinking pasteurized milk and eating bread, and I lost almost 20 pounds. I started drinking raw milk (good luck finding it in Oregon, it's illegal to sell on the market). And I barely exercised. I went to Chipotle and ate their vegetarian salads (because of the guacamole) like every other day. This is how I started changing my eating habits.

If you have Netflix, watch the documentary Fat Head. It debunks the Supersize Me documentary. It's brilliant, and explains why low-fat and "diet foods" make you fat.

An excellent read is also Never Be Sick Again by Raymond Francis.

Dr. Joseph Mercola's website www.mercola.com is also excellent.

I'm not a nutritionist, but those are my two cents. The USDA has perpetuated the high-carb myth for decades, and falsely teaches that saturated fats cause heart disease because of high cholesterol.

The quickest way to lose more weight is to eat more vegetables and healthy, saturated fat. And CUT OUT SUGAR.

I lost weight, and my skin improved, too!
"You may live bowing on your knees, but die standing on your feet."

-Tite Kubo

Offline Sky

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:45 am »
Fat head is a great documentary.

I'm hoping to lose weight for con as well. I'd love to crossplay to my hearts content, but until I get down to an average size, I don't think I can pick out a character to be. I cant seem to find many plus size characters that I like, nor can I Cosplay a thin character.

Also, I'd be psyched for a plus size panel at con.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »
If you really want to lose weight and at the same time get in shape my Taekwondo school is always looking for new students. There's no better way to do said things and gain some self-confidence then through Taekwondo.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:16:00 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 03:53:53 pm »
I decided to kick my but into shape by taking a pilates class and a health and fitness class this term for school.
The start is always the hardest for me so 3 months of classes that I go for a grade on is perfect for me not to just put it off.
Now I'm in the gym an hour and a half three days a week along with pilates an hour two times a week.
I'm working up to my goal of working out at least a half our everyday now :3 and I get to learn the healthy eating side a long with safe ways to exorcizing.

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:10 pm »
Tomorrow i'm starting weight watchers and doing a mile on the treadmill every day. I'm 5ft 7in and 212 pounds, which is the most i've ever weighed! I'm determined to do it, but it feels like it's gonna take forever to reach my 140lbs goal.....
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:33 am »
I really need to start getting back into working out.... I got really busy around September and basically stopped hitting up the gym and not being quite as active in trying to lose weight. Surprisingly I'm still within my normal weight range (though closer to the higher end) of 127-133, but during the Summer when I was actually working on my weight I had gotten down to 125. I weighed myself today and came in at 133, so if I lost another 20 lbs that would put me at 113 which I've been told by my doctor before is a good area for someone who is 5'1'', realistically though I don't know if I can lose that much or get that small (I've already lost about 40 lbs and my build leans more toward the curvy side) so for now I think I'm going to set a goal weight of 123..... 10 lbs shouldn't be too difficult if I really start putting in the effort again.
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:40 am »
I ened up loseing to much so pants no fit me =.= not even my belt i wore a 16 and know im wearing my mom and girlfriends 12 .=

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »
The thing to watch out for on most diets is that you mostly loose water weight and then stall out... your body will adjust to the amount of calories you take in to maintain your weight even if you are overweight to keep your stores so that you don't starve to death. If you stay on a low calorie diet for too long your metabolism will slow down to accomedate it.

That's why the best diets are ones that fluctuate over time. They are the ones that slowly increase your motabolism isn't of bringing it down.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:39 am »
I eating normal and exercizing I lose weight off an all o.O but some reson i lost 20lb in a matter of 4 weeks doctor was very surpized and i think its more of me runnign around and walking

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:28 am »
OK, TODAY I am joining you guys!

It's Lent, and I always do my 'give up bad stuff' or commit to eating healthier stuff over this 6-week haul, and then see where I end up.
Today is a fast day, so I will be having about 1000kcal today, but after that I'll be weighing and recording almost daily and targeting 1400 - 1600 kcal per day. My long-term goal is to be about 184lbm and consume 1800 - 2000kcal per day in a balanced manner.

Ugh. Here we go....

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:13 am »
REmber you should eat atlest as many calories as you need to. and speak to you doctor before dieting o.o good luck

Offline Yuri the Hatter

• Cabbit
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:44 am »
Well if your trying to go by calories eat as many calories as you burn a day that way you can know how much you are burning. Low fat Diets also do wonders but the main thing is cuting out greasy foods and high in sugar items from your diet that is what tacks on weight. But always consult your doctor first before starting a diet you never know what kind of diet is right for you. Plenty of veggies, fruits and nuts does help and exercise walking, running hitting the gym to do full cardio work outs.
Yuri the hatter :3

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 12:58:46 pm »
You guys are right - never do something abrupt without consulting knowledgable professionals.
In this case I am working with a registered dietician (who specializes in diabetic stuff to boot.)

Just the first and final fast days are tricky, everything else can be balanced with a spreadsheet tool I made up. I wrote some formulae which calculate % calories of fat, protein, sugar and carbs.

FWIW these are the guidelines set for me: (Remember, seek out your own professional advice for your body and chemistry)

Fats: 30 - 35%, of which no more than 1/4 should be saturated fats. (So that means fish and plant oils - but it's not like I was eating straign suet...)
My carb target is 40% of daily calorie intake.
Cholesterol: 200mg max. daily.
Sodium: MIN 800mg, MAX 2100mg, target is 1500mg.
Fiber: 25g min daily.
Protein: Minimum 80g min, 25% of daily calories, with 30% max daily.

Anyway that's what I'll be doing ...