Author Topic: Star Wars Trivia  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Rosien_HoH

• Oni
Star Wars Trivia
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:37 am »
I am a huge Star Wars fan, and even currently run the Star Wars Trivia page on Facebook. I wanted to know, would people be interested in a Star Wars Trivia panel?

It would likely have a sort of game show format and include prizes etc...

I'd also take any suggestions as to the format.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Star Wars Trivia
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:03 am »
For all the years I was running Creation Station, there was only one panel I ever went to just for me. I mean, I went to the Religion in Anime & Manga panel, outside the CS, but that was as a panelist. The only panel I went to just for fun, in the past, oh, 7 years, was "I'd Just As Soon Kiss a Wookie". I actually stumped the crowd there with a trivia question. So, yeah, I'd go.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:01:55 pm »
I could see some people showing an interest in this.  I, for one, am one of those who wouldn't favor it, not just because I don't like Star Wars, but it's not anime.  I feel that anime conventions should be about the world of anime, not just anything that can be categorized as "geeky."  However, I know that others would disagree, and I myself do like other things, too.

So, why not?  If you want to do it, fill out the paperwork for it when it becomes available.  (Usually during early winter).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Rosien_HoH

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:05 pm »
I could see some people showing an interest in this.  I, for one, am one of those who wouldn't favor it, not just because I don't like Star Wars, but it's not anime.  I feel that anime conventions should be about the world of anime, not just anything that can be categorized as "geeky."  However, I know that others would disagree, and I myself do like other things, too.

So, why not?  If you want to do it, fill out the paperwork for it when it becomes available.  (Usually during early winter).
Well, after seeing a Doctor Who panel as well as a few Star Wars cosplays this last year, I thought it might be appropriate. Especially since there was a Star Wars panel at Sakuracon 2 years ago (and maybe ast year, I dont know)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »
Hahaha I and two others from our Doctor Who Cosplay thread ran that panel. Jaki, understandably, had said she'd have to see if she could fit us in, as we weren't anime. We got one of the very last possible time slots for panels (and a perfect time slot for us, btw; many of us felt our squee was the perfect way for us to end our con).

And we got 145 attendees.

So.

Washougal, you know I totally <3 you.

But, for example, if there's something that's an anime, and there's a fandom meetup about it, and it gets a timeslot, but it only has 20 people show up for a 50-person room, is that really a better use of space, then something that's not anime, but draws nearly three times as many attendees? It's a valid question....

Keep this thread circulating, see what kind of response you get. The room was quite full, IIRC, when I went to I'd Just As Soon Kiss a Wookie.

Well, after seeing a Doctor Who panel as well as a few Star Wars cosplays this last year, I thought it might be appropriate. Especially since there was a Star Wars panel at Sakuracon 2 years ago (and maybe ast year, I dont know)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

...which pretty much supports what I just said, doesn't it?

Offline Rosien_HoH

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »
Is there still an interest? If so, I will plan to do this for next year

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 01:17:00 am »
...maybe it's just me, but it sounds like this won't be happening this year.

I think you should totally do it.  If you have the means to do this, you should apply for it next year.  There's a lot of people that enjoy going to various panels that don't even know that the forums exist, or at least check them out.  If this is in the schedule, people will notice, and people will come.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 01:31:16 am »
I would totally go, AND DOMINATE ALL!!! >D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012