Author Topic: Vancouver Police appreciation thread  (Read 2518 times)

Offline ironmonkey

• Chibi
Vancouver Police appreciation thread
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »
At least 4 separate times at Kumoricon, my friends and I had some kind of interaction or conversations with the Vancouver Police, and I was really struck by how nice, friendly, and cool they were.  A group of police officers came up to us in the park one night and talked with us about anime and movies for a while, and we had a great time talking with them.  They treated us like friends and not like "weird people doing something crazy."  On a few occasions we were doing something for a photo shoot that may have seemed odd or suspicious at first to people outside the cosplay scene, and the police never gave us a hard time about it, they always wanted to talk and try to understand what we were doing, and they even gave us helpful advice.  I'm starting this thread to spread the word, and see if anyone else has stories to share.  Next year we should all make an effort to be especially nice to the Vancouver Police and let them know how much we appreciate their great attitude.

By the way, as a side note, I heard later on that someone had seen us from a distance that night, and saw the scene where the police came over to us and then we stood up and then they crowded around us, and the person apparently misinterpreted that as meaning that "we were fighting with the police."  I laughed really hard at the completely ridiculous idea that my friends and I would fight with the police, especially since we were actually talking with them about anime, but it is also a little sad that someone would jump to that conclusion.  Please remember that they are cool people doing their job, and don't assume that something bad is happening if they just want to ask you a question or something.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Re: Vancouver Police appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:17:42 pm »
Really? Cause I had an interaction with an officer to and he acted like a *** **** to me.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »
I totally saw what I think was your group! We were under the impression the park was closed and the Police were telling people to leave. Good to hear that it was a lot more positive that that!

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 11:01:51 pm »
Oh my god, those police were so funny! One of them said that he'd want his daughter to be like HitGirl so that if anyone gave her trouble she could just take them out with a knife.

I appreciate you, Vancouver police ~

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:17:33 pm »
The officer with the Hitgirl daughter talked to us too. He was pretty funny xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:41:06 pm »
One of those cops asked us if Vampire Hunter D was still cool.

We told him that Vampire Hunter D is always cool.

He also watched Battleship Yamato and that pleased my heart.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 02:09:58 pm »
That cop is a total B.A.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 02:13:28 pm »
One of those cops asked us if Vampire Hunter D was still cool.

We told him that Vampire Hunter D is always cool.

He also watched Battleship Yamato and that pleased my heart.

I was just telling my brother about this, the cop asking if D is still cool, and he said exactly what you did
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:37 pm »
Now this is the kind of thread I like. It's always good to see people appreciate Law enforcement. I had the chance to chat with a Vouncouver officer myself and they were very nice. Kudos (Applause) to the Vancouver police, Kudos, Kudos!!!!
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Hacchan

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 03:35:09 pm »
I totally saw what I think was your group! We were under the impression the park was closed and the Police were telling people to leave. Good to hear that it was a lot more positive that that!

This xD

Offline Naitron

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:10 am »
First off Vampire Hunter D will always be cool.

I saw that from the balcony.  At first we thought something was going on then we realized you were just conversing with the police.