Author Topic: Wigs - Beginner and Advanced!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline SasamiChan

• Cabbit
Wigs - Beginner and Advanced!
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:31 pm »
I've been cosplaying for the last 7 years and have made many wigs of varying difficulty over that time. I'd love to share my experience with all of you so that you, too, can be styling fabulous cosplay wigs!

I'll be doing two wig panels - one beginner and one advanced.

In the beginner panel I'll go over why you should use a wig, differences in types of wigs, how to buy a wig, and how to wear a wig. Then I'll demonstrate styling including cutting, curling, straightening, and other basic styling techniques (spikes, "antennae", etc.).

In the advanced panel I'll be demonstrating how to dye wigs with Katie Bair's wig dye and with sharpies, how and when to use extensions (including no-sew wefts, streaks, etc.), and basic foamcore (we'll make some odangos). If there's still time I'll cover how to make back parts using a heat sealer.

Please come! There will be lots of demos and hands-on experience. Also, if you have any suggestions of things to cover that I haven't mentioned please let me know. Thanks and hope to see you there!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Wigs - Beginner and Advanced!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 11:45:25 pm »
Sounds good. I have gotten pretty good with wigs (lots of styling and dying) but I can always learn more :D

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
Re: Wigs - Beginner and Advanced!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 12:44:31 am »
Sounds like a great Idea i will have to drag my freind along with me~!