Author Topic: Upcoming games!  (Read 8515 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Upcoming games!
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:52 pm »
Even in this bad economy it would appear the gaming industry might be on the rebound.  This PC gamer sees three games coming out soon that I'm looking forward to. They are in no particular order:

1. Heroes of Might and Magic VI: I've seen trailers for this game and it looks VERY interesting. One of the best things about it is Paul Anthoney Romero the guy who's been doing the music for the games since Heroes of Might and Magic I has composed the scores for this game. So you can expect his usual degree of epicness from them. So I think it'll be worth it at least for the music.
2. Diablo III: Just when you thought it was safe to go around the World of the Sin war that ol' hellspawn troublemaker Diablo is back in the saddle and up to his old tricks again. So as as any one or in ulti-player several classes you again have to go and kick his hellspawned rear back to where it came from. Gez don't the Prime Evils know when their beat?
3. The Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrim: Back tot he world of the elder scrolls we go. For some more action. And wll to tell you the truth this one looks interesting because I think they've [improved the movement graphics so it looks a lot more realisitic...add to that the fact the Elder Scrolls universe is FINALLY getting dragons in it. Yeah you heard me dragons. So things are going to get a lot more fun. Skyrim looks very promising and I look forward to it.

Now my fellow forum goers lets hear from you what games are looking forward to that are coming out soon?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:33:24 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline flyinvee11

• Chibi
Re: Upcoming games!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:23:47 pm »
Dude Nukem - not because I've been waiting for it or anything, just because it looks mildly funny.

Black Mesa - Probably not going to happen this year either, but who knows!

Half Life 2: Episode 3 - Also probably not going to happen, but this one i AM waiting for.

Ocarina of Time for 3DS - Pretty muchly the only reason I'd buy a 3DS.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:31 pm »
I'm looking forward to a bunch of MMOs and such this year/ next like, Tera, Blade and Soul, Arche Age, and Guild Wars 2 :3

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
I'm not really gonna post much, as to why I look forward to them. I just do.

-Bioshock Infinite
-Dead Island
-The Walking Dead video game
-Assassin's Creed: Revelations
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:32:42 am »
-assassins creed revelations
-halo 4
-I think it's called the band of 4 super excited for that
-mass effect 3
-hoping skyward sword

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
Forever riding the ZOE3 hype train.

Team Koga

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 12:59:52 am »

I would do unspeakable things to get this game.

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:32:45 am »
I always laugh when Dungeon siege games come out just before diablo games.

Anyway,
Went through the e3 trailers yesterday
-Skyward Sword: WANT
-Mass Effect 3: WANT
-Starfox 64 3ds: maybe want
-Dead Island: hope want. not want l4d wannabe
-Old Republic: quite WANT
-New Wii console: possible want, but if $500, do not want
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:00 am »
THIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Hopefully the NGP will have a good PS2 emulator...
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:29 am »
Haven't really had time to look at all of the E3 announcements yet...but I know a few games for sure that I am axcited for.

Batman: Arkham City
White Knight Chronicles II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:26:53 pm by Cyprus »

Offline Chiroyo

• Chibi
    • My deviantART
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »
Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They've been at it since 2006 D: It might come out next year, I hope.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII
cosplay 2011

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 06:12:46 pm »
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Prey 2
Brothers in Arms: Furious Four
Overstrike
ZOE: HD Collection
Skyrim

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 10:44:42 am »
MASS EFFECT 3.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 05:29:40 pm »

I would do unspeakable things to get this game.

That pretty much sums up my feelings lol.

Other stuff I'm psyched for

Forza Motorsport 4
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Halo 4
Halo: Anniversary
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3

Team Koga

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:02:13 pm »
SONIC GENERATIONS <---- It's gonna be amazing!
SKYRIM
RAGE <---- idSoftware is the best!
DRAGON QUEST X <----- They announced this in 2008 and they haven't said a thing yet.
UNCHARTED 3 <---- Maybe...
and more but I can't remember.

Oh yeah, Rayman Origins!

Also, a various number of game websites already reviewed DukeNukem Forever. So far, it looks pitiful.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:19:43 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:05 am »
Mass Effect 3, easily the best game they talked about at E3 and the one I'm most excited for.
Others I'm looking forward to:
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
Catherine
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby Wii
Super Mario 3D
Paper Mario 3D
Bioshock Infinite
Prototype 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 3D

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3

And that's about all I can think of.

I'm still on the fence about Catherine. I just can't decide if I want to buy it or not... I really hope the PS3 demo comes out soon.

And I'm still depressed that Bumpy Trot 2/Steambot Chronicles 2 got canceled. Not that it was coming out "soon", but I'm still sad about it... :(
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:32:17 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:27 pm »
WTF PEOPLE!!! The second page??? 

>:~ 'Starwars: The Old Republic' ~:<

Srsly ppl, how do you not know about this game, and are not on the wallz in anticipation?

Its got to be the biggest and best mmo to come out sense wow.  Yall fail..

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:40 pm »
WTF PEOPLE!!! The second page??? 

>:~ 'Starwars: The Old Republic' ~:<

Srsly ppl, how do you not know about this game, and are not on the wallz in anticipation?

Its got to be the biggest and best mmo to come out sense wow.  Yall fail..
I've been on the SWTOR since 2008, and have been anxiously waiting for it since it was announced. I've even got a pre-order down for the CE.
Yeah, I'm excited for it. ;)

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »
I'm not excited for The Old Republic. If it was still gonna be a single player game like KOTOR I and II then I'd be excited, but as an MMO I'm not impressed. I hope the game does well because its Bioware, but in all honesty I see the game failing. Even being the hardcore Star Wars fan I am, I'll still go for WoW over TOR.

Also its not so much that people don't know about it, its that people don't really care about it. From what I've seen not a lot of people here play MMOs in the first place.

Besides, $210 for the collector's edition? That is a bit excessive...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »
YaY~ Starwars The Old Republic has started accepting pre-orders.  http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110721

I don't know who's web site you are looking at for the collectors edition but it was 150$ not 210$.  There isn't a whole lot in CE I would even want to be honest.  I pre ordered SWTOR because my guild is majorly into mmo's but I guess you are right, kumoricon members that are on the forums tend to like anything but mmo's don't get any mention. 

SWTOR is going to have some great new features, supposedly, like complete npc voice over, much improved graphical quality over all but the newest games, and real world impact.  You can actually take over planets and not only have your faction gain the benefits of having a planet (who would have known owning a planet would give you increased resources to your faction, right?..) but story, npc's and economy will be effected by who owns what.  On a smaller level you should be able to permanently kill off npcs and important people (it hasn't been said if they will make it that way but they have talked about it.)

As for WoW, the game has absolutely nothing interesting in it, its just a grind to 85 and then you run battle grounds for no purpose what so ever.  The outcome doesn't do anything for you besides better gear which is outdated in 2 months, and it has no impact on anything store wise.  The story in wow is not horrible, but it doesn't add anything to the game ether.  For mmo's it was a great game when it came out, though most of its ideas were stolen from new game designs before and as they were being released.  The company as a whole is a piece of garbage, and I hope SWTOR takes them off the map so other companies can start producing quality games again.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 01:43:21 pm »
I'm not excited for The Old Republic. If it was still gonna be a single player game like KOTOR I and II then I'd be excited, but as an MMO I'm not impressed. I hope the game does well because its Bioware, but in all honesty I see the game failing. Even being the hardcore Star Wars fan I am, I'll still go for WoW over TOR.

Also its not so much that people don't know about it, its that people don't really care about it. From what I've seen not a lot of people here play MMOs in the first place.

Besides, $210 for the collector's edition? That is a bit excessive...
Not that I'm trying to start a debate on SWTOR here, but I have to disagree with your claims that "people don't really care about it". I've seen just the opposite. SWTOR is everywhere. Everywhere I look it's in magazines, game sites, and so on, and as release draws ever closer that's only going to increase.
Not to mention that people all over the gaming industry seem to be keeping their eye on it in one form or another. To claim people don't care about it is far from the truth-- it seems to me that most people do care about it and are very much looking forward to it. Perhaps not on this forum, but elsewhere, yes. From what I've seen the release is highly anticipated.

I can't really see SWTOR failing. It may not be a smash hit, but I can't really see it being a flop. Will it be as successful as WoW? Probably not, but WoW is a big name to beat. Personally, I can't stand WoW. I've given it a try a few times and I just can't get into it. I find it dreadfully boring.

But I have to ask... Where is the CE $210? Maybe if you're in another country and importing it from the US... But the CE is $150. Believe me, I bought it. :P

I'm probably the major MMO player on this forum, I have to admit. I've played around 300 and counting. Heh.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:46:01 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 11:08:16 pm »
As bad as it sounds I can not wait for final fantasy 14 for the ps3. i would have been playing it already but i dont have a pc strong enough. another is not gonna be till 2012 with dust 514. it is going to be sweet

China bound!!!

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »
Not that I'm trying to start a debate on SWTOR here, but I have to disagree with your claims that "people don't really care about it". I've seen just the opposite. SWTOR is everywhere. Everywhere I look it's in magazines, game sites, and so on, and as release draws ever closer that's only going to increase.
Not to mention that people all over the gaming industry seem to be keeping their eye on it in one form or another. To claim people don't care about it is far from the truth-- it seems to me that most people do care about it and are very much looking forward to it. Perhaps not on this forum, but elsewhere, yes. From what I've seen the release is highly anticipated.

I can't really see SWTOR failing. It may not be a smash hit, but I can't really see it being a flop. Will it be as successful as WoW? Probably not, but WoW is a big name to beat. Personally, I can't stand WoW. I've given it a try a few times and I just can't get into it. I find it dreadfully boring.

But I have to ask... Where is the CE $210? Maybe if you're in another country and importing it from the US... But the CE is $150. Believe me, I bought it. :P

I'm probably the major MMO player on this forum, I have to admit. I've played around 300 and counting. Heh.

I didn't see it in stores, but read article after article all stating that that was its price tag. It very well could have been generalization though.
Also I wasn't stating that people don't care at all, I was mainly stating that it seems people here don't care for it. Outside the forums I see it play out about evenly on both people excited for it and people dreading it. Whats actually kind of funny is the most hype I've seen from it is people who won't play it but hope it'll dethrone WoW and get people to quit playing that.

Like I said before though, I hope it'll do well because its Bioware. I'm still pissed that they took it away from the single player direction of the previous KOTOR games, but that's my problem. Part of my problem though is that I see a lot of what Bioware is saying will revolutionize the game is what I foresee killing the game. For example: factions taking control of planets. If one faction gets too many players on it, then that faction could easily start to steamroll right over the other faction. This would make it so no one wants to play on the other faction, which would throw whatever sense of balance between the factions even further into chaos. Another would be if you can kill of NPCs, especially if it affected the entire game and not just the person who killed them. This could result in people just abusing the game. If they can pull this stuff off and not break the game, more power to them. I just don't think Bioware is ready to jump into multiplayer games when all of their well known and great games have been strictly single player. Its all about balance and making sure that everyone gets a fair experience. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to ruin the game for people, but these are my honest concerns about what they're doing. Also SW:TOR better not get in the way of them making more Mass Effect and Dragon Age games :P

@Griff_the_dragoon
Wait a bit before jumping on FFXIV. After all, the game has been out for how long now and they're STILL FIXING IT? Albeit if you can handle bugs and a low player base then by all means go for it before they stop making it FTP.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 05:49:48 am »
I'm not sure if they are going to implement the few things you said, even though i mentioned bioware saying they would/might/w.e but I hope they get it right if they do.  There are a lot of things that can mess up a game with any one of the ideas, and I see your concern.  However, I think they will produce a fine game that shouldn't have any major flaws like one side controlling everything.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 02:46:14 pm »

I didn't see it in stores, but read article after article all stating that that was its price tag. It very well could have been generalization though.
Also I wasn't stating that people don't care at all, I was mainly stating that it seems people here don't care for it. Outside the forums I see it play out about evenly on both people excited for it and people dreading it. Whats actually kind of funny is the most hype I've seen from it is people who won't play it but hope it'll dethrone WoW and get people to quit playing that.

Like I said before though, I hope it'll do well because its Bioware. I'm still pissed that they took it away from the single player direction of the previous KOTOR games, but that's my problem. Part of my problem though is that I see a lot of what Bioware is saying will revolutionize the game is what I foresee killing the game. For example: factions taking control of planets. If one faction gets too many players on it, then that faction could easily start to steamroll right over the other faction. This would make it so no one wants to play on the other faction, which would throw whatever sense of balance between the factions even further into chaos. Another would be if you can kill of NPCs, especially if it affected the entire game and not just the person who killed them. This could result in people just abusing the game. If they can pull this stuff off and not break the game, more power to them. I just don't think Bioware is ready to jump into multiplayer games when all of their well known and great games have been strictly single player. Its all about balance and making sure that everyone gets a fair experience. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to ruin the game for people, but these are my honest concerns about what they're doing. Also SW:TOR better not get in the way of them making more Mass Effect and Dragon Age games :P

@Griff_the_dragoon
Wait a bit before jumping on FFXIV. After all, the game has been out for how long now and they're STILL FIXING IT? Albeit if you can handle bugs and a low player base then by all means go for it before they stop making it FTP.

You make some good points, no doubt. I'm not even sure how SWTOR is all going to pan out. I think Bioware has big dreams but whether or not it can live up to reality... who knows? Only time will tell. I'm just looking forward to another Star Wars MMO. After Star Wars Galaxies went down the toilet, it'll be nice to finally have a decent Star Wars-themed MMO to play again.

Though I don't think SWTOR will get in the way of Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Each game has a different team so what would team does shouldn't affect the other. Mass Effect 3 already has a release date, anyway, and is supposedly the last Mass Effect game.
'Course, we all know how the "end" of a successful franchise goes. No matter how many times a game company may say it's the end, there always seems to be a new game that comes out. :P

This Year's Cosplay:

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »
You make some good points, no doubt. I'm not even sure how SWTOR is all going to pan out. I think Bioware has big dreams but whether or not it can live up to reality... who knows? Only time will tell. I'm just looking forward to another Star Wars MMO. After Star Wars Galaxies went down the toilet, it'll be nice to finally have a decent Star Wars-themed MMO to play again.

Though I don't think SWTOR will get in the way of Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Each game has a different team so what would team does shouldn't affect the other. Mass Effect 3 already has a release date, anyway, and is supposedly the last Mass Effect game.
'Course, we all know how the "end" of a successful franchise goes. No matter how many times a game company may say it's the end, there always seems to be a new game that comes out. :P

Ah, I remember Star Wars Galaxies. Or at least the original Star Wars Galaxies, before they tried to "remake it" and just made it worse lol. Having to teach every single person I partied with how to speak Wookie just so I could actually be productive...those were the days...

I think what Bioware is doing is trying to take the things that they are amazing at and trying to implement them in a multiplayer setting. I see them working phenomenally in single player, which is obviously Bioware's area of expertise along with AMAZING characters and story, its just when put into a multiplayer setting that I see it faltering. Like you said though, only time will tell.

On the topic of Mass Effect though, Bioware has said themselves that they thought the Mass Effect universe would not only be great for more stories outside of Shepard's, but also as a potential MMO setting. Just make sure if you're going to let Obsidian take over on your games, make sure to make them bug test the crap out of it and finish the game before it gets released. *cough* KOTOR II *cough*

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:52 pm »
Team Koga