Author Topic: Ace's 2011 "Looking to take photos" thread!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
    • My Photography Portfolio
Ace's 2011 "Looking to take photos" thread!
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:33:46 am »
It's 2011 - the weather is a-changing to something more reasonable. I'm now gainfully employed again, so have a bit more disposable income to travel, and my Motorhome is back up and running so I'll be able to make longer trips (like I kept promising those of you in Bend but never delivered.)

I consider myself mostly a landscape photographer (because that's where I'm published,) but I LOVE taking pictures of good Cosplay and costumes in general. Those of you who have worked with me know that I'm pretty easy to work with, and take your ideas into account.

Cosplay Gallery: http://photography.hamell.net/?cat=14

SteamPunk Gallery: http://photography.hamell.net/?cat=214 (mostly from SteamCon up in Seattle last November where I was one of the Photo-studio photographers.)

I currently work in the Pearl District so will be able to meet up with people downtown. Sunday mornings are usually best for me schedule wise, as are some Saturdays.

Photoshoots usually take about an hour and we get about 100 pictures of which 10% are good portfolio quality.

I also ask that you have an idea of three or four poses that you'd like to do in character. I do attempt to research specific shows before shoots, but can't quite keep up with the breadth of stuff available these days.

Location Ideas:

Multnomah Falls area
Trojan Nuclear Power Plant
Oregon Zoo
Rose Gardens
Pittock Mansion
Fort Vancouver
Hoyt Aboreteum (Lots of woods)
Lower MacLeay Park (old stone building)
Bybee Lake Area (wildlife refuge)
Kelly Point Park (woods and river)
Suavie Island (beach, river, woods)
Downtown Portland (buildings, statues, stairs)
Oregon City (Victorian Houses, waterfall, vintage downtown)
Rocky Butte
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:25:37 pm by AceLogan »

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
Re: Ace's 2011 "Looking to take photos" thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »
And bump this back up to the top!

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:27:45 pm »

I'm not going to make the con again this year. Unfortunately, I'm going to be on the east coast doing a spread for ESPN.

But - I do have some time coming up in the next couple of weeks if anyone is looking to get some pictures done before Con.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:06 am »
Hey~ so you did a photoshoot with me last year. >w> When I was Terra. And I'd be interested in another one :3 If you'd be interested. ^^

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 03:11:35 pm »
Sure thing!