Poll

What type of music should be at the dances this year?

It's a anime convention play anime music.
12 (24.5%)
Everyone loves pop music.  More lady Gaga!!!
5 (10.2%)
Everyone loves j-pop & k-pop music.
5 (10.2%)
Rave it up!  Kill your speakers Trance, House, electro, techno!
18 (36.7%)
Hip-Hop's got the beat I crave.
2 (4.1%)
Happiness is Hardcore.
2 (4.1%)
Batwings and factories, Goth/Industrial is the way to go.
1 (2%)
My truck ran away with my dog, I need some country music.
1 (2%)
Never gonna give you up my 80's music.
2 (4.1%)
You cannot label the music I wish to hear.  Don't even try.
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Dance Music  (Read 5520 times)

Offline CMD Productions

• Sailor Scout
Dance Music
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:14:30 am »
Looking to get some input on what kind of dance music you'd like to hear at this years con. 

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Dance Music
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:46:09 am »
I'd say since it is an anime convention, anime music and j/k-pop/rock would be most suiting, but on a personal preference, I'd love to hear some goth/industrial mixed in.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:49:58 pm »
Satisfy everyone: play japanese techno/trance/house/club (there's plenty of it out there)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:46:06 pm »
I like Girl Talk. A very good blend of well, everything xD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:09 pm »
Nerdcore!
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
I like Industrial and Rave-e music.

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:56:54 pm »
Too hard to chose. I do love my techno "stereotypical rave music", but I do feel that J-pop/K-pop and anime music is fitting. I could never choose, just playing a bit of almost everything and we'll all be fine xD
Beep bep

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »
I'm not really a fan of rave music.  I like to hear songs I have a passing familiarity with . . and that definitely isn't much of anything in the rave genre. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:18 am »
Anything along the lines of Happy Hardcore (like Nightcore) and Trance... I'm up for other stuff too. :3

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:51:28 am »
The first three!!

It's a anime convention play anime music.    
Everyone loves pop music.  More lady Gaga!!!    
Everyone loves j-pop & k-pop music.

Honestly, It IS an anime convention- we need anime music. J-pop and K-pop kind of goes with the culture. Pop music is just fun to dance too. I don't mind some techno music- the kind with actual beats/have lyrics etc, but I am NOT a rave music fan. It's like one endless non lyrical song with the same beat and BLAHAHAHAA.... I wanna recognize individual songs, sing to them, have the beat change and change the way I dance every few songs or so.

Plus, you can go to ANY club and they play rave music. I don't go to those clubs- I go to the ones that play individual songs like listening to a hit radio station without commercials- (And these are ALOT harder to find then rave music clubs, especially in freaking Salem!!!) with thrown in fun songs like YMCA, Electric Slide, Chicken Dance, etc. Then of course, anime and japanese/korean music you cant find at any club so... yeah. xD   

The dance with mixes of actual songs at Kumoricon I stay all night to dance too.
The Rave dance at Kumoricon I tend to stay for an hour than leave to do other things.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 06:22:07 am »
When I went to the Saturday night "rave" at Kumoricon 2006 one of my favourite things about it was the fact that they were playing techno, trance, hardstyle, and house; not the pop BS that you hear ALL THE TIME.  Radio/anime music is designed for listening to - I go to dances to dance!  I don't mind some anime music, but if it's not danceable it shouldn't be played at a dance.  For instance: No Thank You and Don't Say Lazy by Houkago Teatime (from K-On) are two of my favourite songs ever, but the tempo, rhythms, and style wouldn't be appropriate for dancing (except headbanging and moshing, maybe) so despite the fact that I love both those songs, I wouldn't be very happy to hear them at a dance during a convention.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:56:47 am »
Wow I feel exact opposite- I cannot dance to techno, it's all one thing to me~ I want the radio music, cause it has different beats to it all- and looking for dance clubs all I can find are the stupid techno dance places~ finally found one that plays actual "songs" once a week. Going there tomorrow night, woot! Radio/Anime music makes we want to dance, so it sucks when all I can do is jig in the car a bit to the radio- techno makes me want to wonder off and do something else cause it get repetitive and boring.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:57:42 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:19 pm »
Personally, I think a mix of anime music, j-pop, and k-pop would be excellent.
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:47 pm »
I listen to alot of old school hip hop, house, pop, and other music from around the world. But yea am not a rave type of person i tried it I just cant feel the beat like i do to poppin, breakdance, and other dance types.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 10:57:56 am »
I honestly thing there should be segments lasting a half hour to an hour. First anime music, then electronic/dubstep/house, followed by Japanese/American pop, and the cycle continues. If you don't like whats playing, just come back in a half hour and itll be something else. Or stay and you might hear something you like.

I want to hear music I couldn't hear just hear if I looked up anime opening sequnces on youtube. Japanese pop/Japanese rock/etc is great - but most the stuff people want to her is upwards of 5 years old or older... I prefer more up to date music.

*Up to date Japanese music.
*Local Pac NW DJs.
*Genre-based Set Lists.

Offline Hilla-Buttons

• Cabbit
    • FaaaaaaaceBook! :D
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
I love a mix of everything.  One night of Techno, Trance, Hardstyle, Happy Hardcore and such is good and the other night is a mix of everything from Anime music to the Top 40's.  But I would ABSOLUTELY love to hear some Dubstep! >.>
Just putting that out there.
RPOD member :3
Sexy no Jutsu Gaara Original

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 12:03:01 am »
I honestly thing there should be segments lasting a half hour to an hour. First anime music, then electronic/dubstep/house, followed by Japanese/American pop, and the cycle continues. If you don't like whats playing, just come back in a half hour and itll be something else. Or stay and you might hear something you like.

i second this motion! >o< i love 80's disco music >3> i'm weird. i may be 20 but heck oldies are awesome. and i love my techno and jpop/rock too, so i mean get everything you can! the world is full of different things! people should be open to new things! combine them all into a great melting pot! XD

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 12:18:14 am »
i second this motion! >o< i love 80's disco music >3> i'm weird. i may be 20 but heck oldies are awesome. and i love my techno and jpop/rock too, so i mean get everything you can! the world is full of different things! people should be open to new things! combine them all into a great melting pot! XD
There nothing wrong with 80's music or disco nothing weird at all.

Personally I feel kumoricon should try new music and also try Roller Disco!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:41 am »
YES! AMEN to that brother! XD

Offline Izlude

• Oni
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 03:48:19 am »
Pop music doesn't belong at an Anime Convention or a rave, if you want to experience the everyday then turn on your radio.

This being a convention first and a rave second, I'm all for the anime and video game tunes, but you guys are insulting the DJs by not letting them play tracks they remixed or produced themselves. There's a big stink going on at the Sakuracon boards because of this. Do you want actual entertaining talent on stage doing what they love? Or do you just your talented visitors hang out on stage with an ipod connected to some speakers blasting carameldansen?

You're missing out on A LOT by not allowing yourselves to be introduced to something new, you have Jimni coming out to you guys then go and ask her to waste her talent by playing things you can hear every day on KUBE93.

Also I voted country for the lols.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 10:21:45 am »
I would say rave music, and rave remixs of nerdy songs
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 12:43:09 am »
This being a convention first and a rave second,

Wait, don't we have a rave AND a dance?

See, at MEWcon, one of the biggest turnoffs to me was going to what was touted as a "ball" and hearing nothing but rave music. If I wanted to hear that I'd go to the rave. A dance, a ball, etc, those are different things.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 12:45:43 am »
we can't call it a "rave" cuz raves usually have a bad rep. we call them dances. and the "dance" is a "ball".

izamor

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 03:37:23 am »
Deadmau5 and I will love you forever.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:20 am »
Deadmau5 and I will love you forever.

I agree with this.

Also Nightkilla, but i'm pretty sure they had that last year so i don't think i need to worry about that.

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
There is one song i really want to hear, It's Just dance and Miku's Levan Polka mixed together.
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »
I love techno, tecktonik, pop(lady gaga & kesha! Dev and the Cataracts), j-pop and k-pop!!
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 06:39:13 pm »
What if we did both Rave and music for j-pop, anime and what not. But songs that sorta have that rave like feel? Just my thought. Eather way, I am sure what ever is picked will work.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline Jluvial

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:17 pm »
What ever style you decide to go with, why not add some Touhou remixes in there? There's so many in every style, it's insane.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 09:55:37 pm »
Techno is good for a rave. And songs that people know and can dance too is good.

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
Also, some vocaloid music?
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.